r858gira4va2.jpeg

JULY WEEK 2 STEP RESULTS
    AS A GROUP WE WALKED 763,029 STEPS
    (previous week was 740,318)

TOP 3 STEPPERS

@888Angie888 - 122,187 steps
    @19shmoo69 - 101,948 steps
    @mari_moulin - 91,944 steps

Well done everyone!! Let’s Keep those steps coming!!
  • Z10Rtza
    Z10Rtza Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    bz6j18ylgf4b.jpeg

We are thrilled to announce that @Megan_smartiepants1970 and @Marigorringo are our new team motivators. Myself and Mari look forward to working with them to support and motivate the team.

Removing the dust from the pomponshy5t5u17cfzy.jpg
  • cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Cesse - age 72 - Check-In

308.6 lbs - starting weight on 3/28
    295.4 lbs - weighin on 04/30 -- (-13.2 Total Loss to date)
    291.2 lbs - weighin on 05/30 -- loss = 4.2 lbs for month of May (17.4 lb Total Loss To Date)
    293.2 lbs - weighin on 06/27 -- gain = 2.0 lbs for month of June (15.4 lb Total Loss To Date)
    291.1 lbs - weighin on 07/04 -- loss = 2.1 lbs -- (17.5 lb total loss to date)
    290.8 lbs - weighin on 07/11 -- loss = 0.3 lbs -- (17.8 lb total loss to date)

July Mini Goal -- 285 lbs - (need to lose 8.2 lbs or approx. 2 lb/week)
    First Major Goal = Onederland
    Goal Weight = 165 lbs

JULY GOALS ---
    (1) Log all food and beverages honestly; Drink 10+ water [week 1 challenge = MEASURE IT!]
    (2) Exercise 30 min minimum (3000 steps)
    (3) Clean 30 min per day: house or yard or declutter

STEP CHALLENGE ---
    Spoiler
    07/13 - 3000
    07/14 - 3000
    07/15 - 3000

SELF-CARE CHALLENGE ---
    Spoiler
    07/13 - Create complete ToDo list; prioritize 2; set goals to accomplish

TASKS FOR TODAY ---
    Do 20 min stretches and 30 min of walking
    Feed & Water animals -- done
    Water outside plants
    Groceries -- shop, unload at home, sanitize, put away

My post from yesterday seems to have disappeared. Oh Well, that's the kind of day I was having anyway. Today is all about groceries.

Hope Y'all have a great day!! 🌞
  • Z10Rtza
    Options
    How about a little friendly game? I am trying to get our team to be more chatty ... This is from the forums on MFP

You say what color of shirt you are wearing with what you ate or drank ... I will start ..........................................

Maroon Coffee

Purple Pepsi Max :D
  • Z10Rtza
    Options
    Hi! I would love to say, first of all, that I'm really happy to be part of this.
    Today I have a bit more time to write and I decided that I'm going to tell you a bit of my story.
    I'm 36 years old (even if my birthday was in quarantine and I feel like I should do 36 again next year) :D And I've had issues with my body my entire life.
    My great grandma died from Diabetes and I was born a bit more chubby than "normal"so my family got completely paranoid and made me start my very first diet when I was 5 years old. Believe me, they wanted the best for me but I ended up having bulimia and who knows how many other things. But well, difficult childhood, even more difficult life as a teenager blah blah blah.
    I have tried ALL THE DIETS YOU CAN EVER IMAGINE. ALL OF THEM!
    I end up with a massive weight in a really bad place and all of it during diets!
    Believe it or not I am that weird person that most of the times prefers the healthier version of the food. I love doing sport, I love dancing, I'm super active... And then? What's the problem?
    Well in 2008 I finally got the atention of the doctors and I started to do all the preps for a bypass to lose weight. As everything (or almost) in my life, that went long and wrong and in the mean time my doctor said: I'm not going to do a bypass on you, you eat waaay to clean for that. I'm going to do a Gastric Sleeve. Is less invasive blah blah blah. At the end in 2010 I got my surgery.
    I was so happy I could cry. My weight was going down and I was quite happy. BUT.. There is always a BUT, my doctors decided that I was losing weight incredibly slow. And they were worried about it. How is it possible? Almost no food and losing weight in that slow rithm?
    I was worried then too. Not because I wanted to lose faster but becaus my skin surgeries were depending on them. And when I was so close to end the circle, my doctor was retired. Yupy!! Start again with a new one with different opinions about everything. Yay! (Read this with all the sarcasm possible)
    I end up with no skin surgery and a massive depression. And even if nothing changed in my way of eating, I started to gain weight magically again.
    I started adding weight a bit more soft than how I lose it but still, going up up up. And then they saw that I was having Thyroid issues and POS. Yay for me again!
    They try all the ways possible to control my hormones but nooope.
    At the end, years later I tried with a different doctor that removed from me the farmacy pils and gave me more natural remedies and my body was more happy with that.
    Since then Ive tried to do more of that because my body seems to like that more.
    In 2016 I moved from Spain to the Netherlands to look for a job and I got it! I was so happy to work for a big company (that 2 years later kicked my butt) But that job was unhealthy in many ways and I was far from my home so not many options for me with the doctors. I went one day to talk to one and she said: Dont worry, is normal to add weight when you start something new.
    I was working around 45 hours, sitting and no time for gym or anything else. And I got more weight. In 2018 I stoped smoking and guess what? More weight!
    I was absolutely hating my body to a point that I will talk to my mirror like: WTF are you looking at ugly fatty?
    And not so long ago I had a stupid accident that ended up in a surgery in my wrist with quite some issues in between. My right arm. Completely useless.
    In many ocassions I was thinking that at the end they would tell me that they need to cut my arm. And then something did CLICK in my head and I started to love myself more. Look at my body with a different perspective. Wow my legs are strong and they allow me to walk a lot. Wow look at my left hand how is trying to work with me to go further with everything... And I decided to go to a dietist here to check me good how to do things to be more healthy for life. To lose weight because I love my body, not because I hate it.
    And whenever I go to her she is telling me that I should eat more, that I should manage to eat the 1600 calories a day she told me. She makes me work in my own diets and send them to her.
    And Im already 52 days doing it, pushing harder with the sport. Trying to eat as healthy as possible and doing meditation, ho;oponopono, belly dancing for the big impact that gives in loving your own body.
    And I know that some days I go to the scale and I feel cranky but I continue doing my best because I want to give back to my body all the good that my body gives me.
  • cesse47
    Options
    How about a little friendly game? I am trying to get our team to be more chatty ... This is from the forums on MFP

You say what color of shirt you are wearing with what you ate or drank ... I will start ..........................................

Maroon Coffee

faded lumberjack red plaid coffee
  • cesse47
    Options
    bz6j18ylgf4b.jpeg

We are thrilled to announce that @Megan_smartiepants1970 and @Marigorringo are our new team motivators. Myself and Mari look forward to working with them to support and motivate the team.

@Megan_smartiepants1970 and @Marigorringo
    YEA!! Thanks for volunteering to help support and motivate our team!
  • Piqueaboo
    Piqueaboo Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    Sorry I've been MIA recently - it's all getting a bit much for me and I am not able to take time for myself, it's all quite overwhelming.

I'm still here, focusing on the minimum - logging into MFP and reading the posts, trying my best - you know how it is. Just writing to confirm that I am still here, reading all your posts is so encouraging, so a big thank you to everyone!

Steps:
    • Friday 11 382
    • Saturday 9 427
    • Sunday 7 733
    • Monday 8 697
    • Tuesday 9 854
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Why are we so quiet today ? :/

The reason I'm mostly quiet is because it is difficult to hold conversations on here. If it were structured like the regular newsfeed it would be easier. I have to go find each individual response. The other issue, to me, is if I get hugs or likes etc..there is no way to see who liked it. With that said there is no way for us to correct it. Just my thoughts.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,530 Member
    Options
    Maintained again this week without calorie counting. Now I'm into my routine I'll start logging next week

Maintaining is a good thing when we are developing new routines. I hope you are settled into the new job.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Check-In: Tuesday, July 14

•Log all food: No ❌
    •Under Calories: No ❌
    •Exercise: Gym (❤️+💪🏻) ✅
    •Water: 2,250 L ✅
    •Steps: 9,419 ❌
    •Self-Care: I listen to Fearless Motivation during my workouts and sometimes while driving. ✅

Happy Hump Day team! We are halfway through the week now. Are you staying strong?

I’ve just gotten home from the gym, had my shower, and are my breakfast. Coffee was had ans now I’m ready to start my day. I’m about to tidy up a bit and start prepping today lunch. I am expecting a delivery of our moving boxes so i ca officially start packing our stuff. 2 more weeks for our house to be complete if all goes as planned and no catastrophes happen. Got on the scale for my midweek and no change. I didn’t know what I was expecting to see to be honest. I should just accept that this is my weight and that’s it lol. I’ve been here since January. I feel like my body just likes being between 189 and 192. Today I’m at 190.8.

Wishing you all a kick 🍑 Wednesday 💪🏻❤️👍🏻.

July goals:

•Log all food. The good the bad and the ugly!
    •Stay on or under my allowed calorie goal.
    •Do at least 30 minute workout each day.
    •Drink at least 2L water each day.
    •Reach at least 10,000 steps each day.

You may have something there about your body liking that weight. If you have time read about set point theory regarding body weight. Here’s one link:

https://www.healthline.com/health/set-point-theory

I am not sure what to think about it but it does make a lot of sense when you think about it.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    cesse47 wrote: »

291.2 lbs - weighin on 05/30 -- loss = 4.2 lbs for month of May (17.4 lb Total Loss To Date)
    293.2 lbs - weighin on 06/27 -- gain = 2.0 lbs for month of June (15.4 lb Total Loss To Date)

Goal Weight = 165 lbs

JULY GOALS ---
    (1) Log all food and beverages honestly; Drink 10+ water [week 1 challenge = MEASURE IT!]

STEP CHALLENGE ---
    Spoiler
    07/13 - 3000
    07/14 - 3000
    07/15 - 3000

SELF-CARE CHALLENGE ---
    Spoiler

TASKS FOR TODAY ---
    Water outside plants

My post from yesterday seems to have disappeared. Oh Well, that's the kind of day I was having anyway. Today is all about groceries.

Think a few of us had bad days yesterday. Had to be something in the air. Sounds like you have a busy day and I hope it is awesome!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Hi! I would love to say, first of all, that I'm really happy to be part of this.
    Today I have a bit more time to write and I decided that I'm going to tell you a bit of my story.
    I'm 36 years old (even if my birthday was in quarantine and I feel like I should do 36 again next year) :D And I've had issues with my body my entire life.
    My great grandma died from Diabetes and I was born a bit more chubby than "normal"so my family got completely paranoid and made me start my very first diet when I was 5 years old. Believe me, they wanted the best for me but I ended up having bulimia and who knows how many other things. But well, difficult childhood, even more difficult life as a teenager blah blah blah.
    I end up with a massive weight in a really bad place and all of it during diets!
    Believe it or not I am that weird person that most of the times prefers the healthier version of the food. I love doing sport, I love dancing, I'm super active... And then? What's the problem?
    Well in 2008 I finally got the atention of the doctors and I started to do all the preps for a bypass to lose weight. As everything (or almost) in my life, that went long and wrong and in the mean time my doctor said: I'm not going to do a bypass on you, you eat waaay to clean for that. I'm going to do a Gastric Sleeve. Is less invasive blah blah blah. At the end in 2010 I got my surgery.
    I was so happy I could cry. My weight was going down and I was quite happy. BUT.. There is always a BUT, my doctors decided that I was losing weight incredibly slow. And they were worried about it. How is it possible? Almost no food and losing weight in that slow rithm?
    I was worried then too. Not because I wanted to lose faster but becaus my skin surgeries were depending on them. And when I was so close to end the circle, my doctor was retired. Yupy!! Start again with a new one with different opinions about everything. Yay! (Read this with all the sarcasm possible)
    I end up with no skin surgery and a massive depression. And even if nothing changed in my way of eating, I started to gain weight magically again.
    I started adding weight a bit more soft than how I lose it but still, going up up up. And then they saw that I was having Thyroid issues and POS. Yay for me again!
    At the end, years later I tried with a different doctor that removed from me the farmacy pils and gave me more natural remedies and my body was more happy with that.
    Since then Ive tried to do more of that because my body seems to like that more.
    In 2016 I moved from Spain to the Netherlands to look for a job and I got it! I was so happy to work for a big company (that 2 years later kicked my butt) But that job was unhealthy in many ways and I was far from my home so not many options for me with the doctors. I went one day to talk to one and she said: Dont worry, is normal to add weight when you start something new.
    I was working around 45 hours, sitting and no time for gym or anything else. And I got more weight. In 2018 I stoped smoking and guess what? More weight!
    I was absolutely hating my body to a point that I will talk to my mirror like: WTF are you looking at ugly fatty?
    And not so long ago I had a stupid accident that ended up in a surgery in my wrist with quite some issues in between. My right arm. Completely useless.
    In many ocassions I was thinking that at the end they would tell me that they need to cut my arm. And then something did CLICK in my head and I started to love myself more. Look at my body with a different perspective. Wow my legs are strong and they allow me to walk a lot. Wow look at my left hand how is trying to work with me to go further with everything... And I decided to go to a dietist here to check me good how to do things to be more healthy for life. To lose weight because I love my body, not because I hate it.
    And whenever I go to her she is telling me that I should eat more, that I should manage to eat the 1600 calories a day she told me. She makes me work in my own diets and send them to her.
    And Im already 52 days doing it, pushing harder with the sport. Trying to eat as healthy as possible and doing meditation, ho;oponopono, belly dancing for the big impact that gives in loving your own body.
    And I know that some days I go to the scale and I feel cranky but I continue doing my best because I want to give back to my body all the good that my body gives me.

Wow, you have been through the wringer. I love the fact you have such a positive outlook. Your love of your body is inspiring. It reminds me I have to be kinder to myself.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Piqueaboo wrote: »
    Sorry I've been MIA recently - it's all getting a bit much for me and I am not able to take time for myself, it's all quite overwhelming.

I'm still here, focusing on the minimum - logging into MFP and reading the posts, trying my best - you know how it is. Just writing to confirm that I am still here, reading all your posts is so encouraging, so a big thank you to everyone!

Steps:
    • Friday 11 382
    • Saturday 9 427
    • Sunday 7 733
    • Monday 8 697
    • Tuesday 9 854

Glad to know you are still here! I hope everything settles down and you can make time for you.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    hbdb8cj1mzjy.jpeg
    Overdue weigh ins
    @ainniss77

Wednesday weigh in
    @missGYST
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Tuesday’s check in
    Calories: under
    Exercise: ❌
    Water: ✅

Steps 7/14 3,739

You can see by my steps I didn’t do much yesterday. I think part of the problem is my sleep is really getting broken due to the issue with my shoulder. I have to stop procrastinating and phone my rheumatologist about getting a cortisone shot. I am my own worst enemy.

I need some suggestions on a new drink choice. I usually drink diet ice tea or club soda. The last few weeks I have not been able to get them at the supermarket. I haven’t been able to get ice tea in over a month. The big problem is my craving for coke cola is coming back as I have replaced my bad addiction to pop with these drinks. I don’t like Diet Coke or any other diet pop. Any suggestions? I do drink a fair amount of water already.

Today’s goals
    1. Walk 30 minutes minimum ✅
    2. 10,000 steps
    3. Stay within calorie goal
    4. Drink 8 cups of water
    5. Bed by 10:30 pm
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    Steps 7/14: 20,540
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,311 Member
    Options

Goal Weight = 165 lbs

JULY GOALS ---

STEP CHALLENGE ---
    Spoiler
    07/13 - 3000
    07/14 - 3000
    07/15 - 3000

SELF-CARE CHALLENGE ---
    Spoiler

TASKS FOR TODAY ---
    Water outside plants

Awesome goals ... and congrats on your weight loss so far ...Hope you have a wonderful day
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options

Sorry you have been through a lot .... but you have the right attitude to succeed .... wishing you the very best :smile:
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    bz6j18ylgf4b.jpeg

@Megan_smartiepants1970 and @Marigorringo
    YEA!! Thanks for volunteering to help support and motivate our team!

Thanks I am looking forward to support/encourage all of you ... :)
This discussion has been closed.