MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES Team Chat - July 2020

Options

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,918 Member
    Options
    @vegan4lyfe2012 That's great that the old WW program is going so well for you. Hang in there, the 6 days will go by fast (hopefully!!!). I'm sure it will feel so good to have that cast off. That's a GREAT NSV! Woo hoo!

@TeresaW1020 Thanks, we'll see if I actually use the notes lol. I hope I do. It sounds like you had a good day!

@raleighgirl09 Some days are suuuuch a struggle to get liquids in for me, too. We do have good food here, I must say! lol

Hello everyone! It's been cooler here the past day and for that, I'm thankful. I did a Leslie Sansone video in the living room yesterday. I love her videos. Usually someone so chipper would get on my nerves but for some reason, she doesn't. I wanted to give you an update on my sleep: you probably don't remember, but I told you several weeks ago that my sleep has been very poor, waking up multiple times in the night along with having a hard time falling asleep.

Sleep is so very important in regards to weight loss, so over the past three weeks, I've really made an effort to get better sleep. I started by signing up for a trial of FitBit Premium and using their sleep program. It gave me a guided program to follow, including getting ready for bed at a certain time, doing a relaxing activity before bed, and shutting off all "screens" 30 minutes before bed.

I also signed up for Headspace Premium for a year and I think that has made the biggest difference. I listen to one of their "sleepcasts" in bed and that takes my mind off my anxieties. According to FitBit, my sleep scores have improved, going from 72 a few weeks ago to, so far this week it's an average of 79. After receiving night after night of "Fair" or, worse yet, "Poor" ratings, I am now getting "Good" sleep ratings about 3-5 nights a week.

I FEEL better during the day and I certainly hope all of this effort helps my weight loss.

Wednesday
    Calories: over/under: over
    Water: over/under: over
    Exercise: Leslie Sansone video
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: Leslie Sansone video, eat what is on the menu for dinner, 2 bottles (26 oz) of water
  • GretchenReine
    GretchenReine Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options
    @gwamajtw91 Yes!!! It's still down!!!
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    @raleighgirl09 Thank you so much! I think a humongous struggle for me is setting the goal and knowing what's realistic. I mean, I set my small goals...that part I can do. However, setting the "ultimate" goal weight is tough for me. You can't really go by BMI charts (even my doctors tell me they're *kitten*) and I've never been a healthy weight as an adult. I guess my first big goal is to get to ONEderland and go from there. BMI charts say I should be between 125 and 169...which both seem ridiculous to me. I'm 5'8" and have been over 200 pounds since the 8th grade. I can't even fathom what I'd look like at those weights! LOL I've hit ONEderland once as an adult and then lost it. This last time that I lost over 100 pounds...I got close but didn't hit it. I always put it back on though. :(

@GretchenReine wow - do I ever know what you mean. When I began at 300 lbs, I said - oh, I think 145 to 150, and even those are over for me, per the BMI charts. I was 5'4 then and only 5'3 now so.....it's not like it's gotten any better for me, right?? I really didn't know. When I got to 170 before, I stopped and said well - I made it!! But that was not well thought out, it really had more to do with me having gone through a ton of life changes including separating from my husband of 27 years and well, I think I was a mess and tired of it and so many things.

I think knowing exactly what that number must be at the beginning is overrated and naive, frankly. If I had been only 20 pounds overweight, maybe I could have but not at more than 100 lbs overweight, not with never having been a normal weight, etc.etc.etc. It's ok to not know - it's ok to change the number as you move along. You working on the small goals now is what you can control and if you can set them and work toward them, don't worry about the ultimate number, it will sort itself out and when you have better information to work with, as you get smaller, you can start to make better guesses.

I'm closing in on 170 again and I know it isn't where I want to stop because I'd like to wear a size 8 - which I am guessing is about 160 pounds for me, some 13ish pounds away. But truthfully, it's just going to be whatever it is and I'm going to have to be patient to know. I think my maintenance range will be 158-165 and again, I don't really know right now but it's the best guess I can manage.

I challenge us all to put this question to ourselves and think deeply on it:

If I am significantly smaller and if I am wearing clothes I am happy wth - if I feel better health wise, sleep better, move better and feel good about my body and IN my body.....will the number on the scale matter? What is the happy point and is it really all wrapped up in a square box that lights up when I stand on it? I, for one, sincerely hope not.
  • GretchenReine
    Options
    @raleighgirl09 My trainer has suggested a goal weight of 170...but even that I'm not sure is realistic. It's really hard to know. I like the way you think. You'll know when you get there. I think if I can get back to ONEderland and then see how I feel...then I can start chipping away at the numbers.

Part of a struggle I have...is people and their perception of me and what they are used to. I get people who ask me if I'm losing too much weight, or losing weight too fast. Or they'll tell me I'm too small and my face is too skinny. All these things that get into my head and kind of make me lose track. I have yet to have anyone stay completely supportive of me and help me over that hump.

I'm going to take you up on that challenge and see if I can figure out. I think we all should ponder it. Maybe it would help?!
  • MommaGemz
    MommaGemz Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    gwamajtw91 wrote: »
    Hey any loss is a loss - am I right? ;):D

YES! Yes it is! 💖

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,584 Member
    Options
    @GretchenReine I went through a lot of the weird comments too, especially when I hit goal. Honestly, even when you hit goal it may not be right for you. It turns out I was too focused on being exactly 100lbs down even though it was too skinny for me. I gained weight once I was bingeing from pain anxiety and while I've gotten too big, it did show me I look better with more weight on me so some of the comments from loved ones were correct though some were still pretty rude. Honestly, you're the one that has to live and accept your body, as long as you don't have body dysmorphia you can trust your body. And you can always gain or lose if you decide to, we get so used to thinking of the goal when really it's on ongoing goal, not and end point.

Thank you all for your supportive posts regarding dealing with pain. Stupid me tried medical marijuana again and ended up curled in bed almost in tears, I can't believe how severe it backfires if I take too big of a single puff which is nothing, I think I give up as it's happened half of the time now and it's too hard to deal with, the only reason I've tried it is because I'm so damned exhausted of trying to be positive from being in so much pain every day. The guy I'm seeing won major points taking care of me, I thought I was going to hide out for an hour and he checked on me within minutes and stayed with me. My heart may be in trouble if this keeps up.

Thursday check-in
    Exercise- arm cardio, dancing like an idiot to Fitness Marshall and random songs, arm weights, sit-ups, yoga, earth energy healing, foam rolling. I got busted every single time I used my legs today working out, totally caught and got lectured, come on! Side kicks- busted! Twirling swiveling my hips and doing the rodeo with my arm and looking like I'm 90 years old thanks to a lower fused spine? Busted! THAT one was really embarrassing too and I don't get embarrassed easy!
    Calories- under
    Water- so-so, had too much coffee

Cardio 30 minutes- done!
    Yoga- done!
    Weights- done!
    Recipe- none but made marinaded chicken breasts in the air fryer for the second time, they're so good I'm glad I got it for them alone! Green beans with fresh dill are really good in it too. And Brussel Sprouts! And sweet potatoes and potatoes! Before I go Paleo I'm definitely going to have some more peanut butter tortillas too! Oh, I made a sauce for artichokes tonight but it was just thrown together. No special plans for tomorrow, I need to use my skinnytaste cookbooks before I need to return them to the library.
    Steps- 13,000

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Username:TeresaW1020
    Weigh in week:  Week 3
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous Weight: 210.2
    Todays Weight: 209.2 :)
    Loss To Date: 55.3

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,918 Member
    Options
    @raleighgirl09 At this point, I say the number on the scale will not matter. What will matter is how I feel in my clothes and my body. BUT...I've got a long way to go and that could change. I'd like to say that it won't, but once I get down to a smaller size, the numbers on the scale could become more important to me and I sure hope that I don't start obsessing about them.

@TeresaW1020 Congrats on the loss!!! Woot woot!!!

Hello everyone! I don't know how I did it, but I did something to a muscle in my "chicken wing" (a muscle in my back/shoulder blade) and it hurts. I'm one delicate flower apparently, as this is the 2nd muscle I've pulled in a month. :( I'm getting stressed because I haven't heard from work yet and my director said it would most likely be Monday that I start back. It doesn't look like that is happening since I haven't heard from them.

Thursday
    Calories: over/under: over
    Water: over/under: over
    Exercise: walk
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: Leslie Sansone video, eat what is on the menu for dinner, 2 bottles (26 oz) of water
  • jalalrcr
    jalalrcr Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    nzx6i1xlqvho.jpg

Looking to fill in some holes on the spreadsheet and wrap up week one:

@apple852hk
    @deadpheonixrising
    @gwamajtw91
    @jalalrcr
    @lexabeep
    @mrmcgrath
    @veryhotmails
    @doutri2

Thanks!
    nzx6i1xlqvho.jpg

Looking to fill in some holes on the spreadsheet and wrap up week one:

@apple852hk
    @deadpheonixrising
    @gwamajtw91
    @jalalrcr
    @lexabeep
    @mrmcgrath
    @veryhotmails
    @doutri2

Thanks!

Jalalrcr
    Sorry for delay
    PW 92.8 Kg
    CW 90.7kg
  • veryhotmails
    veryhotmails Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Fridsy.
    PW 228.4
    CW 227.1
  • GretchenReine
    Options
    @Katmary71 I thought I was the only one who dealt with crap like that! It really does make it tough when you're trying so hard and thinking you're doing so well. Unfortunately, I do have a bad case of body dysmorphia. I don't know if it's something that ever goes away or not. Even at my smallest (195ish) I still was confident that I looked 300 pounds.
  • cherrymajoni
    cherrymajoni Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Cherrymajoni
    Friday
    PW: 219.6
    CW:216.3
    LTD:15.2

I have really been struggling with my food this week and staying within my calorie limit since I decided to celebrate my birthday last Friday.

However at all cost I make sure I workout and meet my steps target.

Mixture of cardio workout, running, walking , strength training, shopping and housework 😂 anything to keep me active.

My average active calories burnt is 1000 daily
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options

@jalalrcr, @veryhotmails, @cherrymajoni, @katyjcrafts, @davors19, @gwamajtw91, bethanie0825 & MommaGemz Great weight loss this week! Keep it up! :star:B):star:

@raleighgirl09 Yes, I love your mantra, I am not deprived. I honestly think my years of being overweight stem from my feelings of deprivation. That is why I think traditional diets haven’t worked for me in the long term because when I have a list of “forbidden” foods that I can’t eat my rebellion kicks in and since that’s NOT fair, I eat all the things and then hate myself and on and on it goes. Right now, I feel a crazy amount of freedom. So much so that yesterday, when invited to lunch I said no. Lunch isn’t going away and I can choose to do it another day. And, yes very wise words you gave @GretchenReine about not getting all wrapped up in the number on the scale. It is just one of the many tools that we use and it shouldn’t hold control over how we feel about ourselves. Easier said than done though, huh? ;)

@Cornanda I agree that we have awesome members who have lots of wisdom to share and implement into our weight loss journey. I consider you in that category as well, just so you know! <3

@vegan4lyfe2012 That is a great NSV! There is no way I could be around those Doritos. :grin:

@GretchenReine I know you are disappointed in your weight loss this week, but you are on a long journey, and ups and downs are all part of it. One of the tips that I am really working on for myself is to not have two days off in a row where I eat off my plan or don’t do a workout. I also suffer from body dysmorphia from all the years of being obese. I find taking regular pictures the very best way to counter what I see in the mirror and what really is. When I’m having a rough day I will go look at where I started and where I am now. It helps since I still have so far to go. Let’s just keep at it and we will get there. <3

@trooworld Ohhh no! I am sorry that you hurt your muscle. I have hurt that one before too and know how bad it can hurt. I think we are both delicate flowers. The other night, while sitting on the couch my left thigh muscle started hurting for NO REASON! Throbbing pain for hours. Next morning totally fine. What’s up with that? :# Fingers crossed that you hear from your job today! :)

@Katmary71 Yayyy that guy sounds like a keeper! Yeah, it sounds like medical marijuana isn’t going to be for you. I’m sorry about that. <3

Hi Team! Hopefully, I’ve caught up with all your posts. I tried posting this morning, but my internet was down until just a little bit ago. Thankfully, I had a bunch of my IF podcast downloaded and could listen to them while doing housework and playing with my jigsaw puzzle. I also listened while walking on the treadmill since I couldn’t do a Beachbody workout. I broke my fast at 20 hours with watermelon and for dinner, we grilled burgers and corn on the cob. This evening hubby and I will have a couple of white wine spritzers because Friday is wine day!! :smiley: grin
  • DesertColibri
    DesertColibri Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hope all are well! Have been both very busy at work and sick this week (not Covid!) so have a lot of catching up to do. Still managed to lose some weight, see Friday weigh in below (though some might well be water weight from aforementioned sickness)

Desert Colibri
    Friday
    Weight: 153.7 lbs
    (Last week: 156.5, start 162.9)
  • Katmary71
    Options
    Great losses everyone, you're all down about 1 lb this week, that's awesome!

@trooworld I hope you feel better soon, that's such an uncomfortable place to have injured. Ice helped me when I pulled a couple chest muscles back in Feb then I'd put Tiger Balm on it though it's really hard to reach there on your own.

@GretchenReine I wish I had the answer to viewing ourselves better. My main concern has always been mobility and health but it's hard not to care what I look like too. Between being 100lbs overweight at my highest and being pear-shaped I still think I'm fat on my lower half (my thighs are big for sure, especially on a foam roller, scary stuff!). The guy I'm seeing gives me amazing compliments. I don't look at my body in the mirror anymore especially right out of the shower, I don't hate it but don't like what I see and am trying to accept no matter how much I work out I'll never look like I'd prefer and I'm not even starting any surgeries because then I'd want everything done. I have muscle but the rest is flabby and I have a lot of surgical scars and stretch marks. I definitely lost any looks I used to have when younger and before medications and pain issues. It is what it is, if the guy I'm seeing wants to think I have a rockin body and that I'm pretty that's great but I sure the heck don't agree. Sounds really insecure but I'm really not, it is what it is.

• Katmary71
    Options
    Friday check-in
    Exercise- Les Mills Hip Hop, Dance Marshall, chair arm cardio, abs, yoga, foam rolling, earth meditation
    Calories- borderline but just under
    Water- not great, too much Diet Pepsi and coffee

Cardio 30 minutes- done
    Yoga- done
    Weights/strength- done
    Recipe- none
    Steps- 10,000
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 684 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Week 3 weigh in Thursday (16Jul2020) - a day late!!
    Previous weight:176.4
    Current weight: 173.0
    LTD MFP #2 62.0 lbs
    LTD overall 127.0 lbs

I almost hate this, I know this was water in/water out. But - I suffered reporting the gain, so I'll be reporting the loss. I've been accomplishing about a pound a week loss which is unusual for me, typically not linear like that, but at any rate I'm happy with the overall effort and result. I think I'm on track to make my goal of 170 by my birthday, 11Aug2020. A little under would be supreme... B) Perhaps I should not be greedy...? :p

I'm with company all weekend so I'll be sporadic but I did catch up reading. I have some individual posts I want to reply to but for now, for my very quick check in and late weigh in.....

@TeresaW1020, @jalalrcr, @veryhotmails, @cherrymajoni, @katyjcrafts, @davors19, @gwamajtw91, @bethanie0825, @MommaGemz, @DesertColibri you guys all had a GREAT weekly weigh in - YAY FOR YOU!! B)
This discussion has been closed.