Doom, Despair, and Agony on Me! (aka a whine thread)

Options

Replies

• AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    AlexandraFindsHerself1971 Posts: 3,106 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    I've been having that problem too, despite the fact that I know it's Wednesday, I'm doing an elaborate meal, and yesterday we had Chinese because it was Tuesday.

Feels like Thursday, though. (shakes head)

I am happy with my scale, though, as I've lost two pounds since last weighing.
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    Options
    Hmmm. Me, Alexandra, and Novus all 3 feel likes its Thursday - is there some great conspiracy going on here to make us all think its really Wednesday when in fact its actually Thursday? Or did we somehow fall into some sort of time loop? lol
  • tempe987
    tempe987 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I feel like, I have had 3 Mondays in a row.. so my week is also messed up. But I tried to take two days off at the end of last week and it messed all my work flow up!

I am also not happy with my scale... My gain was much less than I thought it would be based on last nights transgressions. only a .8 gain from last week.

I am frustrated that I have been working out more in the last few weeks than I have in quite a long time (years) and I am having mostly great days and only a couple bad ones. My scale is stuck in the same spot as it was before I even started this process. I am not doing any diet just portions and trying to eat on regular basis. I've upped my water intake. I'm Walking 3 times a week and doing some sort of workout for at least 30 min every day I am not walking.. and sometimes even those days.
  • speyerj
    speyerj Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    @Tempe987 - starting a new exercise program often results in temporary water weight gain. I know its hard to do, but trust the process. Your body is under stress from both eating at a deficit and moving in ways that it isn't used to moving. It's good stress, but still stress. And a body under stress tends to gain water. If you've been eating at a deficit during this time, you are certainly losing fat, even if you are gaining water right now.
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    AlexandraFindsHerself1971 Posts: 3,106 Member
    Options
    speyerj wrote: »
    @Tempe987 - starting a new exercise program often results in temporary water weight gain. I know its hard to do, but trust the process. Your body is under stress from both eating at a deficit and moving in ways that it isn't used to moving. It's good stress, but still stress. And a body under stress tends to gain water. If you've been eating at a deficit during this time, you are certainly losing fat, even if you are gaining water right now.

What she said. This is where measurements are helpful. I often discover the scale has stalled but I've dropped inches. As I enjoy being a strong, powerful woman, this works for me almost as much as seeing the scale drop.

• cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    having trouble -- again -- getting onto the home page and food entries area. Dang it!!
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    in past three months since April, I've experienced consistent join pain in both sides of my arm. Prior to exercising earlier this month. I was inactive with physical activity since February

Yes, I do sleep on my side which basically laying on both sides of my shoulder. But I get joint pain a lot lately Idk if it's due to Blood sugar levels being consistently high low 200s and late 200s but I'm taking it very seriously.

Sometimes I worry if it's symptoms of potential stroke or heart attack but I try not to be negative. Right now my mind is wondering and debating should I go to the hospital due to on and off short pain in my shoulders

Yes at times my legs or feet cramp up but not like my shoulders... I usually have to crack my shoulder to stop the pain and it goes away. But any arm movement and it'll appear than go away maybe 5 to 10 times day especially since I've been active

Another problem: The past two months I've witnessed like arthritis in my right hand. It's like a twitch is the best way I can describe it. I can still use my hands good however especially if I'm tired or laying down I can not even hold the phone in my hand long enough without it dropping

I understand being 400 plus for 10 years and having high a1c has its extreme cons ... But I find it difficult to determine if this is bad joint pain on the body that's in pain Or early symptoms of potential disaster situation ????

Yall let me know what you think honest and bluntly

I am one of the few people here that have been your size but even that makes me completely unqualified to give you a medical opinion. I had odd pains. Some of them were caused by acid reflux. Some were caused by the weight pulling at my frame in weird ways. Some were caused by joint deterioration. None of that is helpful to you.

What weight did to me and what it is doing to you won't be the same because genetics plays such a big role. I never got diabetes or even close. My A1C and BGL has almost always tested below normal because I have reactive hypoglycemia.

I have no idea if you need to go to the hospital but it does seem prudent for you to seek medical care very soon. If nothing else it will rule out something serious which will lower your anxiety and take some of the pressure off of you.
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    I think you should make a visit to your doctor and get yourself checked!...also stay on track with your calories and eating a prescribed diabetic diet menu...you are setting yourself up to become very sick if you don’t get control of your life!
  • NovusDies
    Options
    last time i visited my doctor was June 26th but next appointment is august 25 ...

That is a fairly recent visit. Have the pains started since then?

Is this a proper doctor who spends time with you and cares about you or is it a patient mill doctor that wants to spend no more than 14.75 minutes with you so he/she doesn't look that hard because that would risk finding something that required more attention?

Do they do a full panel of blood work including things like vitamin D level, anemia, ferritin, hormones, etc? Did they mention anything about your inflammation markers being high? If you have high cholesterol did they do an xray of your chest to check for arterial blockage (I think it is called a calcium test).

My original doctor was more of a patient mill doctor. Even when I was 400+ pounds they basically found nothing wrong with me except slightly high cholesterol. I knew something was off with what they were saying about my blood pressure so I found a new doctor who assumed at my weight I was probably dying of something so he put me through the ringer on tests. Luckily the things he did find were treatable with medication and, of course, weight loss. I am still under the care of a cardiologists but I expect to be released on my next visit.
  • NovusDies
    Options
    you hit the nail on the head... 15 mins in and out free healthcare that everyone with no insurance and doesn't want to go to the hospital goes too. They basically take your BSL, blood pressure, and suggest a diet than re-subscribe meds. Last time I did give urine sample and blood work and I assume it was clean because I got no call back . I use to take joint medicine and yes it's been a minor problem over years but the hand twitches are fairly new this year and more consistent muscle fatigue but that's due to lack of muscle and no exercise for months

but yes you hit nail on head 15 mins in and out

"Clean" might just mean for the test they ran which could have been anything.

If you go back and make specific complaints they have to do enough test to cover their rears I would think. If not you may just need to go to the hospital as you mentioned. You would know better than me.
  • tempe987
    Options

Yes, I've been sore for about two weeks straight. I WILL TRY TO BE PATIENT LOL! I do need to work on my water intake anyway I am getting way less than they say you should have. Maybe that will help
  • tempe987
    Options

What she said. This is where measurements are helpful. I often discover the scale has stalled but I've dropped inches. As I enjoy being a strong, powerful woman, this works for me almost as much as seeing the scale drop.

I didn't take measurements before but I started with my check-in today!
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    I have never taken my measurements but I think it is time I started doing this lol...only a year late!