MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES Team Chat - July 2020

Options

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,918 Member
    Options
    @MommaGemz lol Slinky pattern! :) Congrats on the loss! I lose on the rollercoaster pattern, which is a lot worse!!! :(

@GretchenReine That's great that you've stuck with your "no Diet Coke" goal, congrats!

@TeresaW1020 It feels like it will never be done lol! They haven't even restarted the work even though they have the green light from the insurance now. Hopefully, it will be another week from when it starts, and hopefully, it starts today or at the very latest, Monday. :( A two-hour wait in the car...that sucks but I do that, too, when I take my MIL grocery shopping. The worst is when you get thirsty or have to go to the bathroom. It's a good thing you had your phones to keep you entertained.

@GabiV125 Hi and welcome! :)

Hi all. I just realized I only lost 1.2 lbs in July, what a bummer. I had a lot of stress this month though, with the bathroom fiasco, so it's not that surprising. I hope August can be a better month. I'll continue to meal plan, track my food, walk my dog daily, try to drink enough liquids, and fit in extra exercise where I can and hope for better losses.

Thursday
    Calories: over/under: even
    Water: over/under: under
    Exercise: walk
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: eat what is on the menu for dinner, 2 bottles (26 oz) of water
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Thursday check in

Calories: good

Water: lots but too late in the day. I ran my mother around doing errands so didnt drink much because I was cursed with a pea sized bladder and public washrooms are still hard to find.

Sleep: Yay finally had a good nights sleep in spite of 4 trips to the washroom. We got rid of our waterbed last week end (yes we still had waterbed) so the mattress has taken some getting used to.

Exercise: 16k steps and a bike ride after dinner
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,100 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday, Slimpossibles! You have another new member coming your way today. Welcome @bakatit8gn19 and be ready for an awesome August :heart:
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    @raleigh_girl @Jactop @Katmary71 ---- definitely taking the good with the bad on the MFP recipes. I would be less motivated to enter them if it were more difficult. Just good to keep an eye on things. And this was an eye opener for me.

@TeresaW1020 -- loving your loss this week- excellent work!
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Friday weigh in
    Cornanda
    CW: 186.9
    PW: 186.7
    +0.2
    LTD: 4 pounds

I'm happy with this because the scale was up all week and at least I didn't wind up with a gain this week. (loosey goosey weekend!) Wanted to get to 180 with a goal date of 8/22, which is probably out of reach now. However, my new goal will be to get as close to 180 as I possibly can by that date!

Welcome New Members! Enjoy your weekend everyone!
  • katyjcrafts
    katyjcrafts Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    July week5 weigh in
    Katyjcrafts
    Friday
    Last week 253.6
    This week 252.8
    Pleased with that as I have not had the best week so was expecting a gain. It was my anniversary on Saturday and we went for a meal. We dont usually go to restaurants as usually we eat out in bars and have one of our daughters with us and we havent been anywhere since before lockdown started so it was a rare treat.
    I drove so had one small glass of wine then diet coke. My husband couldn't manage a dessert but they had my favourite, meringue on the menu so I couldn't resist. I was expecting a homemade gooey meringue. It was a tiny shop bought meringue nest which I nearly needed a chisel to break and came with a few quartered strawberries and two small scoops of ice cream. What a waste of using my calories.

Then Sunday night I had a few twinges in my shoulder. By Monday I was crying with the pain. I think it is a trapped nerve. Since then I have had 2 nights of no sleep at all, missed meals as it is painful standing cooking and have picked at rubbish. And only exercise I have done has been occasional stretches. However looking at the bigger picture since UK went into lockdown I have lost 10.8 lbs when I could easily have gained weight. 6.2 lb of that has been lost this month so the challenge is definitely helping to keep me accountable
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    AUGUST THREAD IS NOW OPEN

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10805519/mission-slimpossible-team-chat-august-2020#latest

Please bookmark the new page and go ahead and say HI!

There are several new members this month. So please consider a reintro for the new folks.
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    @broncobuddee Hi! I don't see myself listed on the August spreadsheet, so should I add myself? Starting weight is 190.0

@trooworld I finished Heart Shaped Box! Whew - what a ride! Loved it from start to finish. Thank you for the recommendation!

@Katmary71 Are you able to eat soy? I make my own mayo and sour cream using silken tofu. Let me know if you want the recipes. They are super easy.

@raleighgirl09 Can I get your Cajun Rice recipe? Sounds delicious!

Welcome to all the new members! So happy to have you aboard our cruise!
  • LynnJ9
    LynnJ9 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Hi:
    So today is my weigh in day. I am not sure if I am supposed to post my starting weight here or in the August thread. So, I thought I would put it in both!

Username: LynnJ9
    Weigh In Day: Friday
    PW (Previous Weight):
    CW (Current Weight): 149.7
    LTD (Loss to Date): ?

The Loss to Date: is this for just August, or since starting dieting?

Ready to commit this month to lose some of these extra pounds!
  • bakatit8gn19
    bakatit8gn19 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you @MommaGemz very much appreciated and Congratulations on your Anniversary.
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    @broncobuddee Hi! I don't see myself listed on the August spreadsheet, so should I add myself? Starting weight is 190.0

@trooworld I finished Heart Shaped Box! Whew - what a ride! Loved it from start to finish. Thank you for the recommendation!

@Katmary71 Are you able to eat soy? I make my own mayo and sour cream using silken tofu. Let me know if you want the recipes. They are super easy.

@vegan4lyfe2012 sure - you'll know where to make it vegan, just know I'm adding what I did with meat for anyone else who may want the recipe but eats meat! I cooked 2 cups jazmine rice (uh, was quite a lot, next time I'll do half that much) in broth, .5 tsp cayenne pepper and 1 tsp cajun spice, use the brands you prefer. Sauteed the large diced trinity (1 medium onion, 5 stalks celery and 3 red/yellow peppers) in some olive oil until almost done (this is a personal preference, we like it kinda soft) and added about 3 cups diced left over meats (1 each chicken and pork brats, a random turkey burger and 5 ounces of a boneless porkloin), added about a tbl cayenne and cajun spices (we like it spicey) and 4 tablespoons tomato paste - maybe 2 tablespoons of water, or so, to make sure the paste would coat all the veggies and meat. FYI - I forgot to add the minced fresh garlic and had to add dried minced when I realized it but fresh is better, was planning for 6-8 cloves. Cooled the rice in a separate bowl, some, to ensure no steaming or water in it (water = the enemy of a rice dish like this one) and then mixed with all of the cooked veggies/meat. Again - took care to cool and fan the whole bowl until it was a little cooled because I didn't want steam/condensation causing mush pockets in the cajun/dirty rice. This is a super simple recipe very modified from a couple different ones on the 'net. It made 14 cups and came in at 199 calories a cup - and yep, had to be careful and make sure that I got the correct cals on each ingredient from the MFP database. Even cutting the rice back, I'd use that many veggies.

It has a lot of flavor, not too much salt and a nice heat. I was inspired by random meats leftover but have done a more traditional version with chicken livers added and it's quite nice.
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Cornanda wrote: »
    @katmary--- I checked another recipe today that I thought was off in MFP (remember the turkey meatball error?) For this one, it put 2 chopped carrots as 6 cups of shredded carrots=1200+ calories! (would 6 cups of carrots =1200 calories?) I'm definitely going to have to look at the calorie count for each item.

@Cornanda looking around on the 'net, I'm finding a consistent 45-50 calories for a cup of shredded calories, one of the sites was USFDA so I would think 300 calories for the 6 cups. That's how I do it - I look at several sources and see what the average(ish) is and go from there. I look for what is similar on MFP and if I need to, I pick the one that is a little higher, just to be sure.
  • broncobuddee
    broncobuddee Posts: 372 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options

Hi @vegan4lyfe2012 - I notified @Jugar this morning so you should be all set soon. :)
  • broncobuddee
    broncobuddee Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    LynnJ9 wrote: »
    Hi:
    So today is my weigh in day. I am not sure if I am supposed to post my starting weight here or in the August thread. So, I thought I would put it in both!

Username: LynnJ9
    Weigh In Day: Friday
    PW (Previous Weight):
    CW (Current Weight): 149.7
    LTD (Loss to Date): ?

The Loss to Date: is this for just August, or since starting dieting?

Ready to commit this month to lose some of these extra pounds!

All set for your weigh-in. Thanks and welcome!
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @trooworld I think you had a very good month considering all that you have had to deal with! I’ve known you long enough now to remember that in the past you would have had a gain. But you didn’t!! So, rock on girlfriend! <3

@bakatit8gn19 Hi Jay, welcome to the team! We are pretty good at offering support in this team so I hope you will feel free to jump in and make yourself at home. :)

@Cornanda Thanks! I’m pretty happy about my loss this week too. Just keep your eye on your goal and you will get there. I have big hopes to see Onderland by the end of August! *fingers crossed and prayers said* ;)

@katyjcrafts Good loss this week! Ugghhh don’t you just hate when you order something and it’s not calorie worthy? So sorry that you have been pain and I hope that your shoulder gets better soon! <3

@MommaGemz That is great that you have been eating less takeout. I’m sure the meals that you have been cooking are much more healthy and tasty. :)

Hi everyone! Today has been a busy one. I met up with my children’s director today at the church and we cleaned and organized the children’s spaces because we are planning on them being back next week. We went shopping for supplies and then out to lunch where we sat and chit chatted for over an hour. It was nice hanging out with her. After dinner, hubby and I went up to JC Penny and looked around since they are going out of business. I bought a super cute pair of white sandals and 2 shirts and 2 sweaters. The shirts are the next size down and are my aspirational shirts for when summer is over. I WILL be able to wear them!! I’m happy that I lost 3.5 lbs this month. I haven’t done this well in a very long time and I feel like I’ve finally figured out what works for me. I just gotta keep working the plan and practicing patience. :)

• bakatit8gn19
    bakatit8gn19 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 Thank you and good job on your weight loss. I thought I was the only one that kept Inpirational clothing.🙂 I have a couple of T-Shirts and jeans patiently waiting on me.
  • Tracey0088
    Tracey0088 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    How do I enter my weight for starting weight for the August challenge?
This discussion has been closed.