DOWNSIZERS Team Chat - July 2020

Options

Replies

• mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    7qguesqkjhor.jpeg

Warmest of welcomes to you @inky92. Can’t wait to get to know you!
  • Melly045
    Melly045 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the warm welcome and welcome to my fellow new to the team teammates. Excited to go on this journey to a healthier self with all of you! Happy Friday
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,510 Member
    Options
    rty4e3v2mi1o.jpeg
    Overdue
    @chassp8pooh

Friday’s weigh ins
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    @Piqueaboo
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Thursday’s check in
    Calories: over
    Exercise: 29 minute walk total
    Water: ✅

Steps 7/30 8,927

PW 198.4
    CW 201
    LTD 61.8

Last night I ended up binging so my weight is up this morning. I am sad to see my weight go over 200 again and finish the month with a gain. The good news is a new month is beginning. I am going to get focused on the prize and have a better month.

My walk is done this morning. I sucked up the shoulder pain and got it done. I should have went and done my walk outside as it was a little cooler this morning. I was just lazy and didn’t want to leave the apartment. Once It cools off again, I am going to start doing my longer walks. I want to see if I can get to an 8 km walk before the snow and ice start.

Happy FriYAY!

Today’s goals
    1. Walk 30 minutes minimum ✅
    2. Walk 10,000 steps
    3. Stay within calorie goal
    4. Drink 8 cups of water
    5. Bed by 11:30 pm
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    yze9a67ej8b6.jpeg
    Does anyone have plans for the weekend?
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,437 Member
    Options
    Megan_smartiepants1970
    PW: 233.2
    CW 231.0 Loss 2.2lbs
    LTD: 38 lbs :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    TGIF Everyone ...I hope everyone has a great weekend :) I will try to do some meal prep (with my walking boot on) maybe go for a swim (I haven't done any working out this week) and I will watch the Nascar Race on Sunday :smile:
  • Piqueaboo
    Piqueaboo Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options

Username: piqueaboo
    Weigh In Day: Fridays
    PW (Previous Weight): 190lbs
    CW (Current Weight): 193lbs
    LTD (Loss to Date): 56lbs

Steps: My Fitbit broke so I have not a clue!

I’m officially at the beach and will take a break from logging and checking in for the month of august - not strictly but I need my mind to rest, I’ve completely messed up my July because of the pressure I put myself under. Focus will be on NSVs such as drinking water, moving, sleeping better - baby steps right?

• Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    yze9a67ej8b6.jpeg
    Does anyone have plans for the weekend?

Going camping! It's my mom's birthday today
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    AUGUST THREAD IS NOW OPEN

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10805518/downsizers-team-chat-august-2020#latest

Please bookmark the new page and go ahead and say HI!

There are several new members this month. So please consider a reintro for the new folks
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Megan_smartiepants1970
    CW 231.0 Loss 2.2lbs

Awesome loss, Megan! You are doing so well!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Piqueaboo wrote: »

Username: piqueaboo
    Weigh In Day: Fridays
    PW (Previous Weight): 190lbs
    CW (Current Weight): 193lbs
    LTD (Loss to Date): 56lbs

Steps: My Fitbit broke so I have not a clue!

I’m officially at the beach and will take a break from logging and checking in for the month of august - not strictly but I need my mind to rest, I’ve completely messed up my July because of the pressure I put myself under. Focus will be on NSVs such as drinking water, moving, sleeping better - baby steps right?

I will move you to team support for August and we will see you back in September. Enjoy the 🏖!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Megan_smartiepants1970
    CW 231.0 Loss 2.2lbs

Awesome loss, Megan! You are doing so well!

Thank you so much :)
  • leeniekat
    leeniekat Posts: 145 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    I have rheumatoid arthritis and sjogrens. Sjogrens is an autoimmune disorder also. I do take Celebrex and I take plaquniel. I take another also but my meds are in the kitchen so I am too lazy to get out of bed and look. This is my shoulders is more a mechanical malfunction than my arthritis or sjogrens causing the problems. Maybe the PT will help this time. My daughter said I should try acupuncture and see if that helps. Maybe she can put me on a different anti inflammatory.
    UGH! I have Sjogren's too - I'm sorry for you! Did your plaquenil increase in price during the pandemic? I refilled for 3 months on 3/17 and it was $30, then just got it again in July and it was $49. :s My sister swears by acupuncture... I'm not ever giving up my medications but I'm always interested in how natural remedies work for people too. Good luck with it!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    missGYST wrote: »
    I have rheumatoid arthritis and sjogrens. Sjogrens is an autoimmune disorder also. I do take Celebrex and I take plaquniel. I take another also but my meds are in the kitchen so I am too lazy to get out of bed and look. This is my shoulders is more a mechanical malfunction than my arthritis or sjogrens causing the problems. Maybe the PT will help this time. My daughter said I should try acupuncture and see if that helps. Maybe she can put me on a different anti inflammatory.
    UGH! I have Sjogren's too - I'm sorry for you! Did your plaquenil increase in price during the pandemic? I refilled for 3 months on 3/17 and it was $30, then just got it again in July and it was $49. :s My sister swears by acupuncture... I'm not ever giving up my medications but I'm always interested in how natural remedies work for people too. Good luck with it!

I think you are the first person I have talked that has sjogrens. It sure does suck. I truthfully don’t know if it increased in price. My insurance plan covers 80% and the drugstore doesn’t make me pay the copayment. I am very lucky that way.
  • 28Haveitall2020
    28Haveitall2020 Posts: 230 Member
    Options

Mari_moulin was just curious if Greg was still part of the group or he changed groups ?
    Thanks

No he is no longer in this particular group. He left a few months back as he wanted to try something new with a few of his teammates. I’m hoping one day he decides to join us again ❤️

Oh ok. Thanks for your response.
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    7/31 steps 16914
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    19shmoo69 wrote: »
    7/31 steps 16914

Way to end the month ...Great steps :)
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    Username: mari_moulin
    Weigh In Day: Saturday
    Previous Weight : 192
    Current Weight : 188.2
    Loss to Date : 150.2

Finally checking in with my weight. I had a climb the last 2 weigh ins but got it back under control. I don’t know if you want to update the spreadsheet or not with my weights Linda but here they are...

07/18 - 192.6
    07/25 - 192.0
This discussion has been closed.