What's on your mind today?

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
This is where you can share what's on your mind. Recipes, ideas, workouts, anything that you think might be helpful to others.

Maybe, you've tried something that has worked for you in the past and would like to share it with the group. Maybe, you have a NSV (Non Scale Victory) that you would like to share with the group. Anything that you feel comfortable sharing or anything that you feel comfortable asking the group with help....this is the place to come.

The GOOD!! What NSV did you have this week!!
The BAD!! So what....you ate the whole thing!!
The UGLY!! That darn scale went through the window this week....it deserved it too!!

So, what's on your mind today??

Replies

• threewins
    threewins Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    I'd like to post my daily intake number here until the start of August. My concern is that I'll just overeat until then. My intake goal is 6,000 kj or less. If I achieve my 3 special activities I am allowed something nice to eat, so it's going to be more than 6,000.
  • healthysmrs
    healthysmrs Posts: 32 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Good Morning Group

Does anyone know why the tickers aren’t working? If there is a way to correct them? Thanks.
  • KCJen
    KCJen Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    @ourbestlife I am having the same issue. I hope it gets fixed soon.
  • healthysmrs
    healthysmrs Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    KCJen wrote: »
    @ourbestlife I am having the same issue. I hope it gets fixed soon.

Me Too! 🙂
  • hellybelle88
    hellybelle88 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Good Morning, what's everyone having for breakfast??

From tracking the past month what I have learnt works for me is "pimping up" my meals with extra Protein and Fibre so I'm fuller for longer and then it stopps the cravings for naughty things. This morning i had eggs and tofu and breakfast veggies medley. It was spicy so added natural yoghurt. Usually have 2eggs2toast.
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Group

Does anyone know why the tickers aren’t working? If there is a way to correct them? Thanks.

It’s been my experience that those awesome little tickers have been broken for a good while. I miss mine, as well. It’s nice to have a visual reminder of my progress, especially when install for a week or two. :smile:
  • juliemouse83
    Options
    That was supposed to read “I stall” but on mobile so can’t edit.
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,364 Member
    Options
    Good Morning, what's everyone having for breakfast??

From tracking the past month what I have learnt works for me is "pimping up" my meals with extra Protein and Fibre so I'm fuller for longer and then it stopps the cravings for naughty things. This morning i had eggs and tofu and breakfast veggies medley. It was spicy so added natural yoghurt. Usually have 2eggs2toast.

Almost going-to-bed on the last day of July here ... but high protein breakfasts keep me going longer too.

If I am just not hungry yet, I will have greek yogurt (2% fat) with berries stirred in plus (home made in my breadmaker) toast and coffee.

If "willing to eat more". 2 eggs with melted cheese plus toast and coffee, and the yogurt & berries for lunch.
  • rstanford3
    rstanford3 Posts: 3,026 Member
    Options
    Almost going-to-bed on the last day of July here ... but high protein breakfasts keep me going longer too.

If I am just not hungry yet, I will have greek yogurt (2% fat) with berries stirred in plus (home made in my breadmaker) toast and coffee.

If "willing to eat more". 2 eggs with melted cheese plus toast and coffee, and the yogurt & berries for lunch.

I agree. A high protein breakfast is my best bet. I seem to have better control over my eating if I start with protein. I have been doing a smoothie with berries, protein powder, and soy milk paired with an egg or an apple with peanut butter. I'm vegetarian, so adding meat to breakfast is not an option. Your homemade toast sounds awesome.

I make my own yogurt and add a packet of skim milk powder to each batch to up the protein/calcium content.

Good luck to everyone as we have a chance for a new beginning. Happy August!
  • saltypickle
    saltypickle Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I like protein for breakfast, so make a quick frittata by sautéing veggies, adding spinach, egg whites, maybe some feta cheese, & popping the fry pan under the broiler for a few minutes. If breakfast in front of the computer; then 2 hard boiled eggs (no yokes) and fruit.
  • BMcC9
    Options
    Every month, this What's On Your Mind thread ends up evolving a different character .... depending on who posts most often and what about. I wonder what this month's will end up featuring?

(And does anybody have a make-at-home recipe for a Peach Smoothie? Still sighing over the one McDonald's had a few years back - other fruit smoothies but not the peach one again in following years .... rumored to be back again this year, but I am still avoiding even drive-through windows for now)
  • juliemouse83
    Options
    BMcC9 wrote: »
    Every month, this What's On Your Mind thread ends up evolving a different character .... depending on who posts most often and what about. I wonder what this month's will end up featuring?

(And does anybody have a make-at-home recipe for a Peach Smoothie? Still sighing over the one McDonald's had a few years back - other fruit smoothies but not the peach one again in following years .... rumored to be back again this year, but I am still avoiding even drive-through windows for now)

I usually go for a handful of frozen sliced peaches, some spinach, low-fat plain Greek yogurt and a few ice cubes. I do the same with berries. Hope this helps.
  • BMcC9
    Options
    thanks, @juliemouse83 - frozen peaches are already on my next shopping list. Right now I have frozen pre-sliced strawberries.

https://allrecipes.com/ is my go-to place for discovering recipe variations. Imagine that people from all over dumped all their fave home-recipe boxes into one giant database (with an excellent search-engine interface)

you can search by combinations of
    • meal type (breakfast, lunch, dinner, desserts etc)
    • menu considerations type if desired (vegan, glucose intolerant, low sodium, diabetes, etc)
    • a basic name (casserole, smoothie)
    • ingredients on hand (what can I DOO with these "two-days-till-grocery-pickup" odds and ends???"
    • ingredients TO AVOID (will filter out any recipe variants that include that one thing you are allergic to or just plain WON'T eat )
    • and you can post your own recipes or link-in a personal variation you made to something already there

We don't stray from our basic meal-options very often, but I like to wander around there from time to time, and pretend that I am an accomplished and adventurous cook ....
  • KCJen
    KCJen Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    A few years ago, I lost 50 pounds and was ONE pound away from my healthy goal weight. I have never been at my healthy goal weight in my life, I have always been a "few extra pounds". I am ready to start again and achieve my healthy goal weight, which is a great motivator for me to actually reach my healthy goal weight.

How I lost the weight before, was that I finally understood the math behind counting calories, and started tracking my calories. I went on a strict 1,200 calorie a day diet and that worked along with walking on my treadmill. The problem happened when I stopped the tracking. I also stopped smoking at this time too. Needless to say, the weight all came back plus a little more. The good news is that I have been smoke-free since May 2017!! So its time to hit my healthy goal weight finally. And I have graduated and earned my degree, so I have more time to focus on my weight goals.

I have read about the maintenance phase with calorie counting after people reach their goal weight, and I was thinking maybe this time I should start with my "maintenance" calories and just learn how to have a healthy lifestyle that is sustainable for the rest of my life. I remember I read an article that it takes 11 to 13 calories to maintain one pound of weight, depending on the person's lifestyle. So I was thinking for the sake of "easy math" I will use 10 calories to maintain one pound of weight, and that for my height the charts list 130 to 144 pounds is the healthy weight range for me. So with that said my calorie range should be 1,300 to 1,440, so I will use the 1.440 calories per day to learn how to have a sustainable healthy lifestyle.

I wanted to post this and see what others thought. I have read a study of people who learned how to count calories by "maintenance" versus the strict 1,200 calorie diet actually reached their goal and kept off the weight.

Thanks for everyone's thoughts!