WaistAways Team Chat - August 2020

Options

Replies

• tobeme3
    tobeme3 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Finally, getting a moment to come post here.

Got hit with the storm too! Most intense one of the year- woosh!

Got in 18km cycling, roughly 1 hr 40 min 08/02. Thank you for converting it for me @micki48. Is that enough info? Can you give me an idea of what that converts to please or the formula? Congrats on getting your steps in! Love the rainbow eating, down with that.

@jugar Biking in the townships sounds amazing. I hope we/ I get to do that some day. And yes, I was at Concordia in psychology and taking a creative writing course now there as well with Kate Bligh. Hoping to get into Mcgill's PHD program. A girl can dream lol. Wow, so cool that you taught music there. How long did you teach there? I guess you taught all kinds of things about music? Sorry to hear you've been feeling down/useless, but glad to here you have some perspective, sending virtual hugs we well :)

Grateful for this group. I know I just joined. But the work you two do, and just how people come together here is awesome!

@ells_runs I have to second what @Jugar said. Clearly this has been a challenging time for you and your family. I'm glad that things came to light about your son, though I have to agree that teens often keep these things hidden. I know I did. Please don't beat yourself up. Had you been aware, I'm sure you would have done something. The important thing is he is getting help I think. Sending hugs.

Glad there are more of us doing dry august!

Relaxing a bit after work, had a bite to eat, the off for another bike ride.
    Um, and yes @jugar, I want to look like that guy ;) hehe
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,037 Member
    Options
    Gotta share this one - since we're thinking about steps!

https://gmb.io/walking/
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    ells_runs wrote: »
    @jugar I'm sorry, but after I wrote my long message and before you replied I hit the report button. I just realised that it maybe I'll upset someone. They've removed it now so sorry if your reply to me looks odd lol and thank you for your lovely reply. I will definitely come more often and express my feelings. It definitely helps 😊

Also I forgot to post my weigh in 🙄

August Week 1
    PW 213.6 lbs (I think??🤔)
    CW 213.0 lbs
    LTD 12lbs

Also @micki48 can I rejoin step challenge, please? My goal will be 10,000 per day.
    1st August Saturday 0 steps
    2nd August Sunday 20,274 steps
    3rd August Monday 8,665 steps

Thank you all ♥️

Absolutely! Glad you'll be back on the team. <3
  • micki48
    Options
    @ells_runs I did not see your post, but having raised to children, I understand the love and heartache that can sometimes come with parenting. Sending virtual hugs to you in this difficult time. I will certainly be sending good thoughts and Light your way. <3

Monday Check in :):):):)

Exercise -- Pilates 15 minutesR raspberries, tomatoes
    Step goal --met; currently at 10,690
    Food -- under calories

R raspberries, tomatoes, cherries
    O carrots
    Y grits
    G lettuce, cucumbers, asparagus, pepper
    B blueberries
    I (not sure about indigo foods)
    V purple onion
    White - mushrooms

I am so excited by the excellent participation in our August step team. I can feel the energy and I KNOW this is going to be a good month for us. I will get the step results up soon. Last call for steps!
  • micki48
    Options
    [o9d97ohhk1aw.png

Waistaways August Week 5 Results

Total Team Steps - 307,089

Top Steppers Week 5

1st --@jugar 75,471
    2nd--@KellyBgetsfit 54,784
    3rd--@micki48 51,939

WAISTAWAYS AUGUST TOTALS

TOP STEPPERS FOR THE MONTH

1st - @ells_runs 283,485
    2nd - @jugar 280,903
    3rd - @micki48 240,595

What a great month!
  • jguldi11
    jguldi11 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    @ells_runs I didn't see your original post but I hope everything is working out okay. Sending virtual hugs your way 💞

I love the idea of a rainbow food challenge. My rainbow for today:
    R watermelon, strawberries
    O Cantaloupe
    Y garlic? It's kinda yellow lol
    G green pepper, scallions, mint leaves
    B blueberries
    P grape (juice), purple onion

I went to a restaurant with friends and planned my meal ahead of time and did not stray from it. I chose a Korean beef and vegetable grilled skewer and ahi tuna as an appetizer. I even made room for 1 glass of wine. I don't care for red but chose that anyway so that I would be less likely to drink it quickly and to avoid ordering more, and it worked!

I completed 30 minutes of yoga, @jugar not sure if that can be converted to steps? It was a very gentle practice, I took it easy as my muscles are very sore from yesterday's workout.

I'm a few steps short of my daily goal so I'm going to walk around the house until that's met. Tomorrow I'm in the office and I'm going to have to really push myself to be physically active, but I may go to the gym after work.
  • thinfairy2020
    thinfairy2020 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    i feel the extreme weather, i’m in arizona and we’re reaching 112 and above!

i’ve been having a rough time and unfortunately turning to food for comfort 😣 i’ve gained around three pounds since I first joined the group, but i’m determined to get back on track even if I can’t exercise. not looking forward to my weigh in, ugh
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    good morning all.
    I'm all in for a 'dry August', July went well - had always wanted to do that, and after one glass Aug 1st, I'll continue on. @ells_runs - we're in this together - all of it!!
    @micki48 And I'll also be thinking of eating the rainbow. Last night's grilled zucchini, peppers and mushrooms covered a lot of colors.
    Well, it didn't take long for one my dad's caregivers (my sister) to have to stay away until her daughter's boyfriend's Covid test comes back (he had chills/fever the day after she'd slept over). And this week is my week to be physically in the office. Fortunately, I have a 7 minute commute so we'll be able to manage with some back and forth on the 2 days she would normally be here.
    Oh, a word to all the new folks here - beware of scrolling back through the thread (beyond the current page) as you are in the midst of a post...your post will disappear and so frustrating.
    I haven't logged for yesterday and have a daunting list of all I ate...wasn't terrible at all except for the crackers during the 3 hr zoom meeting last night. I also made a black bean (colorful) salad yesterday and must create the recipe to see cal/serving now.
    @jugar your moonlit evening with all those animal characters sounds magic. And I imagine many of your rainbow of food was from your own garden. Here in MA, the grass is brown and crispy underfoot and I don't even feel inspired to go up the garden even though there are sungold tomatoes waiting for me - hot hot hot and so dry. Tonight we'll get some rain hopefully.
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 638 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Good Morning !
    We are currently in the midst of the tropical storm, It's supposed to get worse here in the next hour or so, and last till this afternoon, I guess the good part is it's moving fairly quickly... Just hope nothing falls on my car and we don't lose power till after 11.30 ( My husband will be home by then,( they told him he only had to work a 1/2day) and will be able to hook the generator up if needed)

Yesterday was good, I ate good, and gave the hubby half of my portion of rice, and took half his portion of carrots.. haaa haa, pays to be the person who makes it, and plates it...

Exercise was =
    Steps were 8,260
    15 minutes of my LBF app, It's various things like jumping jacks, high knees, crunches, planks, leg lifts, jumping rope so I log it as calisthenics..
    30 minutes of yoga, I did full body vinyasa, it's been a while since I've done yoga, it felt so good, I needed that stretching, the chaturungas I could do without.. lol

@ells_runs Hope everything is okay, raising kids can be tough, I have 3 and all with such incredibly different personalities.. Hang in there !

@thinfairy2020 Hope the rough times get better quickly and you can get back on track, don't let the fear of a bad weigh in keep you from hopping right back on the wagon, it will not help, just take it one meal at a time.. You can do this !

Hope you all have a wonderful tuesday !
  • BaileyCat88
    BaileyCat88 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    micki48 wrote: »
    @micki48 Hi Michelle! May I join the Fitbit steppers group, please? My goal for August is to get to at least 8,500 steps a day. Do you need my Fitbit name?
    Have a great day!
    Thank you :)

Absolutely! Glad to have you join us. We’d love to have your Fitbit user name so you can join our challenges there, but a note to everyone else, you do not have to have Fitbit to join the team step challenge. You still need to report your steps here either daily or at the end of the week. (By Sunday)

When I’ve recorded or steps on the spreadsheet, I mark your post “insightful”

Thanks! I'm westcoastsister2@gmail.com on Fitbit. I was so thrilled to go over 10,000 steps yesterday. I will post all my steps for the week on Saturday night if that works for you. This is going to be fun!
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday!

Yesterday wasn't a great day 😕. My school district decided to remote start. My husband's district hasn't gotten with the program yet. We have lots of covid-19 cases here and opening school is not recommended. So hard to decide if my husband should work or not next year. Yesterday I pretty much spent the day worrying and did not exercise.

Today I am back at my normal routine because it's better for my emotions. Got my walk in and will do ballet later. We will wait to see what my husband's school says this week. He has a leadership team meeting on Monday. He should get a good idea of the vibe after that. Hopefully we can decide next week and just move forward with our plan.

@ells_runs I did not see your post but am thinking of you. One thing I would love to change for parents is the feeling that they aren't doing a good enough job. I see so many parents feel pressure to meet unrealistic expectations and to never have any bumps along the way. It just isn't realistic. Cut yourself so slack, make a plan and take action. It's how we respond to difficult situations that really matters. Hang in there. Being authentic and real is so important in our instagram world. Thanks for being brave.
  • theweeonemfp
    theweeonemfp Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    My weight yesterday was 191.6 @jugar
  • theweeonemfp
    theweeonemfp Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I done pretty well yesterday and today. I've planned my dinners for the week and stuck so far, which usually doesn't happen!

I've been working too so I'd forgotten to post and I haven't exercised so far this week but plan on doing so tomorrow. My calories have been around 1800 which is significantly less than before but I'm hoping to further lower that!
This discussion has been closed.