Share your Numbers

Options

Replies

• FABRICWOMAN
    FABRICWOMAN Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    You guys made my day, I'm still laughing. I got the name "fabricwoman" from my daughter's band chums. She was the drum major. I was in charge of fitting the band and dance team members in their uniforms, and repairs when needed. I always had my sewing machine and materials in the trunk of my car for emergencies. I also sew and quilt. Currently during COVID-19 I have made approximately 300 face masks for my family (8 siblings and their children) and friends.
    Special thank you Novus for the recommendation for the knee supports. Will be going to the store this evening for them. My friends and I use to do water aerobics before COVID, but the pools are closed for now (at local high school).
    Congratulations bmeadow on your shrinkage on the tape measure. I can't wait to see noticeable changes for myself. Although I lost a lot before, and would pray that my boobs would shrink. I come from a long line of women who were built like Mount Everest on the top. (haha) My sister's and my running joke is that many women pay for what we have for free. Keep up the good work everyone. Have a good evening.
    I have been using intremittent fasting for the past month. It seems to be working well for me, and I an no longer hungry for breakfast. I eat from noon to 8:00 p.m. each day. Anyone else out there every use this tool. I am also trying to add more plant based meals in through the week. I will not entirely give up my meat!
    FABRICWOMAN
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    Options
    @FABRICWOMAN
    that's way more sewing that I ever do! BUt I have banned myself from the fabric stores - I'm bad for buying patterns and material that never get used. I've got 2 tubs of uncut fabric that I've had for years now!

I know what you mean about being "well endowed" on top. When I started losing weight, I was into a 50DD playtex. I have definitely noticed a great improvement in back pain since that has gone down, though I find it rather amusing to see the girls now. Raisins comes to mind......lol

I'm very glad that intermittent fasting is working for you! I gave it a try but it just didn't work for me - I need breakfast in the AM to keep going and still have to save as many calories as I can for evenings. The best I do is have a largish breakfast, a smallish lunch, and a largish dinner with snacks afterwards.

I love my meat too! I came across an interesting recipe for lamb stew I want to try. I don't get lamb very often because it is so expensive where I live and thus I haven't acquired a great taste for it, but the recipe sounded unique. I've tried to eat more Mediterranean but I still find it odd to have cinnamon in my savory meals lol
  • bobsburgersfan
    bobsburgersfan Posts: 6,315 Member
    Options
    @FABRICWOMAN I guess I'm sexist too, because I assumed the same thing. :D I make quilts, but I'd say I average one every 2 years. I also made a few masks, but only about 30 or so. I am more of a fabric collector than anything.

Only two tubs of fabric, @bmeadows380? I should show you pictures of my fabric closet...
  • bmeadows380
    Options
    *laughs* That's not counting the 3 or 4 tubs of scraps, or the tub of half-finished projects :)

@bobsburgersfan
    You changed your profile pic! You look awesome!
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    I quilt in binges as everything else I do in my life!...and yes I have totes full of fabrics....half finished quilts and zillions of pieces of fabric cut....a few years ago I decided to knit....I had learned how in middle school and wondered if I still remembered how to do it....oh yes, I remembered....I went and bought yarn, needles,ribbon,buttons,bows, etc and began....in three months I had made hats for everyone in the house,scarves and slippers....( remember we are in Florida and these have never been used but they are in a cedar chest in case it gets cold)... I made American Girl doll skirts,shirts,sweaters,hats and p.j.s...and then I found a bunny pattern and it began....I literally filled baskets with assorted colored bunnies with button eyes,bow ties and Pom Pom tails....the family begged me to stop and like Forest Gump, one day I just stopped and haven’t touched a knitting needle in four years!...

I wish I knew what it is in my mental make up that makes me do this with everything in my life....food, crafts, sewing,coin or stamp collecting, reading, writing and when I am done, I am done lol....drives my husband nuts but he is used to it...

I have been told that I have a very addictive personality...I don’t smoke, never have and I have never used drugs, thank God...I drink socially occasionally but I am very aware of alcoholism running in my family so I rarely indulge...food is my drug of choice....and all thru my life people I meet either really like me or they really don’t like me!...at least I am not mediocre!
  • mc62412
    mc62412 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    mc62412 wrote: »
    Hi everyone. 👋🏼

I’m 34 female 5’ 7”. I started at 290.5 ( to be exact ) here’s my numbers I’m not going to post them all cause there are a lot. I’ll post every other week.

4/12 : 290.5
    4/26 : 289.4
    5/10 : 283.5
    5/24 : 281.4
    6/7 : 271.3
    6/21 : 266.7
    7/5 : 261

My last weeks weigh in was 7/12 : 257.9

Down ward I go. Some weeks are slower then others but like a previous post said, the downward trend is what counts !

8/2 : 246.4 💪🏼👏🏼

8/10 : 244.7
  • bobsburgersfan
    bobsburgersfan Posts: 6,315 Member
    Options
    *laughs* That's not counting the 3 or 4 tubs of scraps, or the tub of half-finished projects :)

@bobsburgersfan
    You changed your profile pic! You look awesome!
    Thanks! My hair was looking pretty good that day. (I'm growing it out, so I need to get some good pictures before it gets to a weird awkward length.)

@conniewilkins56, I see you changed your picture too. Super cute!
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    You can tell you have lost weight bobs burgers....your face looks thinner!

My hair has gotten so long this past year...I need a cut and dye desperately!
  • hansep0012
    hansep0012 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    @conniewilkins56 and @bobsburgersfan
    y'all are an inspiration on looking fabulous!
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    hansep0012 wrote: »
    @conniewilkins56 and @bobsburgersfan
    y'all are an inspiration on looking fabulous!

YOU are too nice!...I wish I was 39 instead of 69!.....but it is what it is!....thanks!
  • eliezalot
    eliezalot Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Finally getting back down there...slowly.
    Yesterday was down to 199.8 again, today back up to 200.4. But my trend line (which had plateaued) is finally moving down again! Slowly and steadily. I checked my progress and somehow, it has only been 2 weeks since I was at my lowest of 199 (though my rate of loss was slowing a bit before that). Honestly it felt like at least a month ago. Covid has my sense of time all messed up. I just need to sit back, keep being consistent, and wait for the water weight to disappear a bit. But it sure is nice to see that trend drop down again!
  • bmeadows380
    Options
    Down 4 pounds in two weeks and my BSL has consistently stayed in 207-225 range all week long

that's great news! This was a good week for you!
  • Ccricfo
    Ccricfo Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I've been sitting at 250-252 for 2 weeks now... I'm thinking of changing my goal to 1 1/2 lbs. per week and trying not to eat back any of my exercise calories.....that rate of weight loss would put me at 225 on 1/1/21. Any ideas on whether this makes sense? I just need to make some kind of change....
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    Ccricfo wrote: »
    I've been sitting at 250-252 for 2 weeks now... I'm thinking of changing my goal to 1 1/2 lbs. per week and trying not to eat back any of my exercise calories.....that rate of weight loss would put me at 225 on 1/1/21. Any ideas on whether this makes sense? I just need to make some kind of change....

I wish I could give you some great tip on what to do!...I have been playing with the same 5 lbs for a few weeks....I might be building some muscle swimming but it certainly isn’t making my scales go down!...I keep telling myself to “ trust in the process”... I like to think I am getting healthier and stronger!....I only eat 25% of my extra exercise calories and my goal is 1 1/2 lbs a week...I rarely go over 1500 to 1600 calories a day...maybe this will be the week for both of us to finally lose a few pounds!
  • Ccricfo
    Ccricfo Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Connie:

Right after I posted this morning I got on the scale and it registered 250.4, my lowest weight yet. 8 weeks ago I set tomorrow 8/17 as my day to weigh 250 lbs...if I round down to the nearest lb. I have arrived there. So I dropped 2 lbs. since yesterday! WTH? Maybe the Scale Gods heard me whining all week.

I'll go with your attitude of being healthier and stronger. Plus only weighing once a week. I started weighing my self compulsively twice a day as I got near my goal....that doesn't work!

• conniewilkins56
    Options
    Ccricfo wrote: »
    Connie:

Right after I posted this morning I got on the scale and it registered 250.4, my lowest weight yet. 8 weeks ago I set tomorrow 8/17 as my day to weigh 250 lbs...if I round down to the nearest lb. I have arrived there. So I dropped 2 lbs. since yesterday! WTH? Maybe the Scale Gods heard me whining all week.

I'll go with your attitude of being healthier and stronger. Plus only weighing once a week. I started weighing my self compulsively twice a day as I got near my goal....that doesn't work!

So happy for you!...the weight does come off eventually...I stopped weighing every day because it is all I think about and I let the scales set my mood for the day!...I am going to try and only get on a couple of times a week but not sure I can wait that long lol...
  • mc62412
    mc62412 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. 👋🏼

I’m 34 female 5’ 7”. I started at 290.5 ( to be exact ) here’s my numbers I’m not going to post them all cause there are a lot. I’ll post every other week.

4/12 : 290.5
    4/26 : 289.4
    5/10 : 283.5
    5/24 : 281.4
    6/7 : 271.3
    6/21 : 266.7
    7/5 : 261

My last weeks weigh in was 7/12 : 257.9

Down ward I go. Some weeks are slower then others but like a previous post said, the downward trend is what counts !

8/2 : 246.4 💪🏼👏🏼

8/10 : 244.7

8/16 : 242.7
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    Today was my very lowest weight since I began MFP 260.4 BUT I can’t seem to get under that number!.....I get on the scales, I stay off the scales, I eat more, I eat less....I exercise, I don’t but those scales will not go under 260.... I think I will change the batteries!....I swam Sat. Sun and this morning....I will again in the morning and take a rest day Wed...I feel good and I am not hungry and have no urge to binge right now so those are good things...I do sleep good but I am a night owl...still stressed over my husbands health but that is becoming my normal...daughter is teaching from home because of Johns compromised immune system....that took some anxiety out of our minds....both grands are also doing virtual....now if I could get the numbers on the scale to move....maybe I need new scales?