Weight No More Team Chat- August 2020

Options

Replies

• 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    @cafelelia
    @1theresamcvean

I've decided I need to come back to the weight loss team in September. I would still like my weigh in day to be Wednesday. I'm assuming my first weigh in should be September 1st?

Hi Linda, I'm excited for you and the rest of us. I'm not good with dates, but you're first weigh-day will be the first Wednesday. Stay tuned for that. Yay!
  • 1theresamcvean
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Thanks for all your pet pics.

@lennoncpa ~ here's one for you. Tony, a 150-pound rescue German Shepherd gets adopted by Lee and loses (see the connection here?) 1/3 of his body weight. Lots of other dogs, including Chihuahuas help him. Lee says, "I'm going to swarm this dog with so much love. I believe this is going to be the key to his success." Get out your Kleenex, everyone! "Don't give up, Tony!": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdasELD65gA

• debbiewsharpe
    debbiewsharpe Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    12,475 steps 8/18
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    @1theresamcvean thanks for sharing. I’m a Dodo junkie. I watch them everyday. This was a really good one!

I woke up feeling great! 8 hours sleep. Stuffy Sinuses, headache, brain fog...all gone. I feel clear headed and optimistic.
    Today is fruit day to transition off of cleanse. Starting with watermelon. Menu for remainder of day: cantaloupe, raspberries, papaya, peaches and organic sweet dark cherries and an orange.

I have my first PT later today.

Captains please put me back on challenge for September.

@GingerPwr good luck. We keep reading about schools that open and shortly after they have to close again.

I haven’t weighed yet this morning. Full disclosure I weighed 159 when I got back from vacation. Lots of meds and weight just kept escalating.
    My first week I switched to a mindful clean diet 3 meals and 2 snacks. I lost 5 pounds without much effort. To stay on track with my original goal of 142 by my birthday October 7th I need to weigh 149 this morning. I have stayed at 150 for 4 days. Even with the cleanse.
    Last night I tried on my size 6 white skinny pants. They fit perfect!
    @gingerpwr what size are you wearing these days? How about you @Cafelelia? Just curious about others my height 5’3.
    I will post my current weight shortly. And btw...I will continue with Wednesday as my weigh in date. Thanks.
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,263 Member
    Options
    Cafelelia wrote: »
    @minstrelofsarcasm - Congrats on the new PR for spinning! My younger son is the same as your boyfriend. He can have the most delicious dessert in front of him and he won’t touch if it he is not hungry. I have been observing and trying to learn from him.

My boyfriend isn't a "dessert person" (which kills me, as a stress baker), so he tends to avoid any of my trigger foods merely because he doesn't enjoy eating them. I can't even imagine!

I remember I used to brush my teeth almost immediately after dinner so that I wouldn't snack afterward. I may start doing that again, because some of my bad habits need to be reigned in with the universe's strongest chains.
    @cafelelia
    @1theresamcvean

I've decided I need to come back to the weight loss team in September. I would still like my weigh in day to be Wednesday. I'm assuming my first weigh in should be September 1st?

The first Wednesday in September is the 2nd, so that should be your first weigh in!
    I'm totally feeling your comment @minstrelofsarcasm! I've never had that ability to have one or two then stop - it takes a lot of self-discipline for me! Mostly I don't bother starting to eat it.

As of recently, I haven't had the self control to not eat something directly in front of me. I think I'm so affected by the "Clean Plates Club" from childhood, that any plate within reach must be cleared before my brain is satisfied. Good on you for resisting the temptation!
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    08/18 steps 11117
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, Continuing to enjoy my last few days of vacation, so this will be a quick post. Things are going well. I may have a small gain on Friday, but I have tried to keep a balance going through this time off. All kinds of news out there in Toronto on what is going to happen with the schools, the latest being that there will be later, staggered return in September. The plans just change everyday, so I am just not planning and will wing it. Thanks to everyone for your supportive posts about my journey photos!

@GingerPwr - It is hard to imagine the stress that you are under right now. I have been thinking about you as I have been trying to get organized for what school may look like for my younger son in particular. Just try to do your best to get some self care when you can, even if it is just a few moments here and there. Sending you a big hug!
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    So. totally forgot it was Wednesday...and didn't weigh...Can I post tomorrow?

• Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    @melaniescott - Of course, just post tomorrow.
  • goingape
    goingape Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    @Mrsbell8well i also had a mega bowl of watermelon tonight.

@GingerPwr take care of you! I hope things get better.
  • goingape
    goingape Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Steps for today 12650
  • 1theresamcvean
    Options
    Pro Tip:

Okay, okay, I'm not a pro. But, I started adding a pretty generous amount of fresh herbs to my salads as part of the greens. For example, about 1/4 cup of roughly chopped parsley, 2 - 3 tbsp fresh dill sprigs, and a handful of basil leaves. I need to use the herbs up anyway and it allows me to use far less dressing. It's satisfying in a savoury way, kind of the way soups and stews are ~ only colder. Give it a go if you like savoury things.
  • xX_PhoenixRising_Xx
    xX_PhoenixRising_Xx Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Pro Tip:

Okay, okay, I'm not a pro. But, I started adding a pretty generous amount of fresh herbs to my salads as part of the greens. For example, about 1/4 cup of roughly chopped parsley, 2 - 3 tbsp fresh dill sprigs, and a handful of basil leaves. I need to use the herbs up anyway and it allows me to use far less dressing. It's satisfying in a savoury way, kind of the way soups and stews are ~ only colder. Give it a go if you like savoury things.

Love it. I use herbs and spices in everything for extra flavour. Fresh is always best! And after I cut way back on eating sugar (migraines) it's amazing how sweet things naturally taste. Cinnamon is a good sweetener! I can't wait for summer to arrive here so salad veggies come back to a reasonable price. Currently a tiny lettuce is $4, a single cucumber is $6. Tomatoes are $14 - $15/kg (2.2 lbs) ugh. Although courgettes have just hit $40/kg so it's a good thing I don't want to buy them! If only my cat didn't obsessively dig up gardens, and I had more of a green thumb!

• melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    melaniedscott
    week 3? late...
    PW: 213.1
    CW: 212
    Pretty pleased with that. I've been hitting the water hard...I like to drop a teabag in me 16 oz cup, fill it with ice & water and refill with water whenever it empties. Really like Celestial Seasonings Vermont Maple Ginger (not sure anyone outside the US will know this one, is a Denver, Colorado thing) or Bengal Spice.

It isn't tea as it doesn't brew but the flavor seeps in all day long.

@1theresamcvean I do that with salad some; love basil in salad!

All this dog talk makes me miss furry friends, but I, too, am allergic to fur babies. Love their sweet faces!

@xX_PhoenixRising_Xx Wow! those prices are really high. Living in the midwest of the US apparently has some advantages. Our food cost is lower. I'll try to stop complaining about $2.50/lb for tomatoes. My pal in Philidelphia (who is from KS) always says that's what she misses about KS. To be fair, there's not a lot else to miss.
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    pacsnc6
    Thursday weigh in
    PW: 160.4
    CW: 159.1
    LTD: 20

I will take that even if I was at 158.2 yesterday after a day of liquids only. My stomach is feeling better so it was worth it.
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,263 Member
    Options
    minstrelofsarcasm
    August Week Three

Weigh In Day: Thursdays
    PW (Previous Weight): 167.2 (August 13th)
    CW (Current Weight): 166.4 (August 20th)
    LTD (Loss to Date): 67.6 lbs

That's more like it. Think I'm really starting to get back on track. But my birthday is next week, and I've been using it as an excuse to do whatever I want, and eat whatever I want, pretty much all month so far. Maybe August's goal should be to merely maintain the loss I've already accomplished, and then I can push past it when I hit September. Not that I'll stop trying for the loss anyway, but could be a nice change to my mindset for a bit.

Since Last Week...

Exercise - 8 spin classes, 7 minutes of planks, 14 miles walked. I expect this to get crazier if my spin instructor audition next Saturday goes well. From what I've heard from last year's class of new instructors, spin class boot camp is no joke. I should probably finish making my playlist...

Food - One backyard barbecue set me back pretty hard at the beginning of the week, and the water retention from all of the carbs lingered longer than I would have liked. I'm slowly whittling away at my snack stockpile, and I'm hoping I'm granted the self control to resist purchasing more.

This coming week is going to be challenging. I have a socially distanced picnic tonight with some friends who have never had a bad relationship with food in their lives, so it will take a lot of awareness to not mirror their behaviors. I'll be sure to have my water bottle on me at all times so that I stay hydrated and combat the desire to eat to be social. On the bright side, I made the most beautiful charcuterie and cheese plate, and I'm super excited to show it off.
This discussion has been closed.