Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - August 2020

Options

Replies

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,579 Member
    Options
    @raleighgirl09 loved the Taiko drums, that would be an amazing workout! Let's make a drum workout video!

Seems like everyone is in the same boat with struggling right now. You all are rockstars, a couple bad days won't make or break you, keep fighting for better health and remember just a little adds up to big changes! As the wise @AustinRuadhain says think of how much trying to improve yourself just a little each day can add up? It's impossible to be perfect, we're humans, but we're tough cookies and we got this! Now make an attainable goal for the day or week and slay it Slimpossibles!

Sat check-in
    Exercise- hip hop, arm cardio, Fitness Marshall dance, arm resistance bands, leg resistance bands for splits, meditation
    Calories- under
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    vegan4lyfe2012
    Week 3
    Sunday
    PW: 191.4
    CW: 192.4

Up a pound, but worth it while spending time with my son. Heading back to Michigan today. It'll take about 14 hours. I'll get caught up with everything I missed on here tomorrow.
  • apple852hk
    apple852hk Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Weigh in Apple852hk
    Week 4 - Aug 2020 Sunday
    PW 137.7lb (62.5kg)
    CW 138.6 (62.9kg)

Gained - not a lot. But I've not been eating that much so maybe my body thinks I'm in starvation mode. But on Friday I ate a ice cream cone and gained weight. Maybe water weight.

The weather is cooler now but lits of my garden vegetables has to be harvested. So its like eating sweetcorn cob every day.

Perhaps also I ate potatoes every day. Even though I tried to have small portions, it was everyday so lots of carbs.

Didn't go for a long walk so missing that.

Didn't fulfill my goal of no chocolate but eat cheese for a week. Didn't eat a lot except on Monday are at least 100g of chocolate.

GOALS
    1. Don't eat chocolate for a week
    2. Eat more cheese to feel fuller

• Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    thosmw2cedfr.gif
    li1tqtn2rkak.png
    3w2m5s83p0nj.png
    re4fg3fb8i7j.png

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    1st Weight No More 0.28%
    2nd Waist Aways 0.13%
    3rd Trimstones 0.11%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOSS
    1st Weight No MOre 12.5 Lbs
    2nd Waist Aways 6 Lbs
    3rd Trimstones 5.1 Lbs

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @mynacha73 3.03 %
    2nd @goingape 2.42%
    3rd @bettyboag 2.20 %

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOSS
    1st @mynacha73 5.7 Lbs
    2nd @Marigorringo 5.4 Lbs
    3rd @goingape 4.0 Lbs

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @melichalupa
    @kirsten11872
    @izzyred9400
    @SMcFall0215
    @Beka3695
    @nstephenson01
    @LaurieWrobo
    @gwamajtw91
    @apple852hk

90kkiyfd1q1y.png

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,912 Member
    Options
    @anido1 Yeah, it's hot here too, I know the feeling. So hot and sticky, it's hard to be motivated to do anything. :( But I have to move, maybe in the morning before work starts, I'll do my exercise. I use Achievement. It's great, you just hook up your FitBit and email and just kind of forget about it. You get a weekly email saying how many points you have earned and every blue moon, you earn enough to trade it for a gift card. I used to trade it for an Amazon gift card but I think they stopped offering those. I think the last time, I forget what I got. You can also fill out surveys to earn more points.

@TeresaW1020 Thank you for the pep talk, I needed that! <3 You are probably right. I do need to drink water water water. I am sorely low on it. I'm going to make it my mission to be floating by the end of the week lol. I'm glad your mom liked the Chinese food.

Hi all. I'm going to try to do some meal prep today if my schedule allows it. Doing meal prep sucks away my Sundays but it helps me in the long run because then I have no excuse to order takeout or make junk food during the week. If I don't have time to make full meals today, I will at least cut up the veggies for the meals so I'm prepped. I will put the veggies in bags and label them and get everything ready so it's kind of like those meal in boxes that you order off the internet now that are so popular? Blue Apron etc.? I'm making my own Blue Apron meals! :)

Saturday
    Calories: over/under: over
    Water: over/under: under
    Exercise: ----
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: track everything, gentle stretching, 2 bottles (26 oz) of water
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,089 Member
    Options
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    :star:The Green Challenge :star: Percentage of people who lost weight this week. No matter how small the loss the weights are recorded in green. Remember slow and steady wins the race!

g5i8ak2f57l0.png
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @raleighgirl09 Thanks for the music! I love all kinds of music too. I used to have this amazing Native American CD that I played over and over again. Hubby once took me to an opera, and I fell in love with that too. And of course, there will always be 80’s big hair and punk rock music that will own a huge piece of my heart. <3

Hi everyone! Today was great! I got to be with 9 of my kids this morning in children’s church, which we call Canopy Kids because we are upstairs in the “treehouse” It was super fun hanging out with them and it was nice to feel like we are getting back to normal. We start up Wednesday nights next month and I will be helping with the 3 to 5-year olds this year. That should be awesome!! :D I did a cardio workout this morning, fasted almost 21 hours, and my eating was on point. B)
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @vegan4lyfe2012 Hope the drive isn't too crazy, I'm glad you had a good time with your son!

@apple852hk Yum, you're growing corn and potatoes? What else do you grow?

Go team, great losses!

@TeresaW1020 Time with the kids sounds awesome, I'm so glad you had this opportunity!

• Katmary71
    Options
    Sunday check-in
    Exercise- arm cardio, dance, abs, resistance bands for splits, yoga, earth energy healing, chakra meditation
    Calories- under
    Water- over

Well my Xcode life results came in, they're really interesting! I'm supposed to be eating 40% protein, 15% fat, and 45% carbs. Um, protein is one of those things I never want as I'm not a big meat eater and can't stand fatty meat, LOL! But my body has been responding to it. It also says I get fat on fats so I should keep them low, I KNEW Keto was wrong for me but ODed on veggies instead. I'm positive for Celiac on both sides of the family and it shows gluten intolerance but lower chances for lactose though I'm sensitive to milk. Not sure what I'll do with all this info, I'll try higher protein and see how it goes. I'm 1 month into Paleo now and today's my best day in months so I have to stick with it for now. I really want to try adding back in honey or beans, I'll think on that for the next couple weeks and give it a go, I should pick beans first for protein but am hoping to unbloat and honey is less likely to cause bloating than beans! Still debating on cutting nightshades, eggs, garlic, and onion and if I have to eat more meat I'll really have to start getting it from animals not fed corn or it's defeating the purpose of MY not eating corn. Veggies and fruit are so less complicated.

If any of you are interested in any of the genetic info feel free to ask, it also broke down my personality too and it was pretty right-on there as well. It says my weak fitness area is stretching, no wonder the splits are kicking my rear!
  • GretchenReine
    GretchenReine Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options
    @trooworld I understand the desire to beat ones self up...we can't do that though. Just pick ourselves up by our boot straps and start the next day over strong. I know it's not always the easiest thing to do...I'm struggling with it...but...we have a full week left of this month...let's do this!!!!!!!

Monday check-in

My weekend was very sedentary starting with Friday. I started to feel under the weather at work so I spent all weekend at home in bed. NyQuil and my blankies were my friends this weekend. I don't feel a whole lot better today but I'm at work and plan on hydrating like crazy and then going to the gym after work for some cardio. This is the last week of the month so I kinda have to do something if I want to at least show that I've lost weight this month. Hitting my goal of 5 pounds isn't realistic...but I can still show a loss.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 I'm glad the time with your "Canopy Kids" went so well. Sounds like you had a great day yesterday, too! WTG!!!

@Katmary71 I'm glad you got some helpful answers out of the Xcode stuff. I hope you can add beans and honey back in.

@GretchenReine You are right, and it isn't easy especially when you have grown up surrounded by people putting you down and so that's your default. :( But I'm determined to turn this around this week! I hope you have a good week, too. <3 I'm sorry you aren't feeling well. I hope you feel better soon.

Hello everyone. I did do some easy stretching yesterday which felt nice. I didn't get much done re: meal prep. It was too hot. But I had a nice salmon dinner @Katmary71 , I made the Sweet 'N' Spicy Sriracha-Glazed Salmon from Skinnytaste that you posted here. It was delicious! Instead of making it in the oven, I made it in the air fryer at the same time as my broccoli: I put down a bed of broccoli florets, then put the salmon down on top of the broccoli and set the air fryer at 375F for 10 minutes (salmon was done to medium which is how we like it). Dinner was delicious, thanks again for the recipe!

Sunday
    Calories: over/under: over
    Exercise: gentle stretching
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: track everything, I WILL do a YouTube video!, 2 bottles (26 oz) of water
  • anido1
    anido1 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    anido1
    Week 3 weigh in: Monday
    PW: 155
    CW: 156

Can’t say I’m surprised as I knew this was going to happen. Determined to try and get back on track this week🙏
  • buniphuphu
    buniphuphu Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Username: buniphuphu
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    Week: 4
    PW: 335.8
    CW: 335.5

Not much of a loss, but a loss is a loss. I was actually down a lot more on Saturday, but the scale does what it does. I've put in a lot of hours of swimming this week, but I've also indulged in chips and ice cream a couple of times. I did still eat quite a few fruits and veggies, so not a horrible week overall. I got caught up on my birthday swim goal, and I've even surpassed it. As of yesterday, I'm averaging more than 49 minutes per day! :)

I start PT on Friday for my shoulder. My MRI showed a biceps tendon tear, a small rotator cuff tear, and an impingement. My doctor wants to try rehab first before we think about surgery, so we'll see how it goes.
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @to world I'm so glad you liked the salmon, it's my favorite skinnytaste recipe! I miss it!

@TeresaW1020 I love the quote!

Monday check-in
    Exercise- arm cardio, arm resistance bands, leg resistance bands for splits, Kundalini chakra yoga, yoga, earth energy meditation
    Calories- under
    Water- over
  • trooworld
    Options
    @buniphuphu You are doing great with your swimming goal. And yes, a loss is a loss, so congratulations on the loss! :D

@TeresaW1020 It's really good. I didn't marinate the salmon very long so the next time, I'd marinate it longer for more flavor. Good luck with your new plan, I know you'll find what works for you! <3 I love that graphic, it really speaks to me today.

@Katmary71 I did love it, I'm going to make it again, which says something considering I have so many recipes!!!

Hello all. This week is shaping up to be a totally different week than last week (thankfully!). I'm looking good with my WW points and feeling good. I just need to fit in the exercise. Yesterday, by the time I got home from work, it was too hot to do any. :( I'm going to try to do some today even if it means running the AC while I do it.

Monday
    Calories: over/under: under
    Exercise: ----
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: track everything, I WILL do a YouTube video!, 2 bottles (26 oz) of water
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Username: Jactop
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    PW :195
    CW : 197
    Loss to date: 28 lbs
  • leonadixon
    leonadixon Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Username: leonadixon