Downsizers Team Chat - August 2020

Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,180 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Two more wonderful new people for you! They have requested the Downsizers, so you know they are going to feel at home right away. Welcome to @FoolishJoy and @ScorpioGirl70 !
  • draby2011
    draby2011 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    August 23: 5,937
    August 24: 3,341
    August 25: 2,980
    August 26: 4,662
    August 27: 6,998
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,227 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Welcome @FoolishJoy and @ScorpioGirl70 I am sooo excited that you read my post about this awesome team on my wall and decided to join ... I am looking forward to watching you succeed ...You got this girls :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    draby2011 wrote: »
    August 23: 5,937
    August 24: 3,341
    August 25: 2,980
    August 26: 4,662
    August 27: 6,998

Great steps :)
  • ScorpioGirl70
    ScorpioGirl70 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,
    I just joined for starting in Sept.

I started my journey at 260 lb then discovered this site when I was down to 225 and have continued to loose slowly.. this past May I was down to 215 then..

I found myself in a situation with my father going into the hospital [not covid related] for a month then a month of taking care of him once he was home, which in that 2 month time span, I stopped exercising and got back up to 225.

I am currently back to my 215 and looking forward to loosing more and getting healthy, ONCE AND FOR ALL!
    I have struggled with getting back on the treadmill, I think this team is my motivation to do it.

Can't wait to be your cheerleader!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,180 Member
    Options
    Last one! @AmyG1982 has also requested to join you! Lots of friends here :smiley:
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Hello everyone,

I started my journey at 260 lb then discovered this site when I was down to 225 and have continued to loose slowly.. this past May I was down to 215 then..

I found myself in a situation with my father going into the hospital [not covid related] for a month then a month of taking care of him once he was home, which in that 2 month time span, I stopped exercising and got back up to 225.

I am currently back to my 215 and looking forward to loosing more and getting healthy, ONCE AND FOR ALL!
    I have struggled with getting back on the treadmill, I think this team is my motivation to do it.

So good to see you on our team .... We got this :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    8/27 Steps 1400
  • TASCascalho
    TASCascalho Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

Another round, last one for August.

6sk4v63uqysu.png

Good week. Reducing daily calories intake really helped in boosting the weight drop. Water retention sometimes reflects in the weight ins but no longer recurrent.

Username: TASCascalho
    Weigh In Day: Friday
    PW (Previous Weight): 188.9 lbs (85.7 Kg)
    CW (Current Weight): 185.6 lbs (84.2 Kg)
    LTD (Loss to Date): 10.8 lbs (4.8 Kg)
  • jenmurphy3
    jenmurphy3 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I know I’ve been behind, but work has been overwhelmingly stressful and of course the snacking wins no matter how hard I fight.

Weight on Monday- 234.8 (I went down so that’s good)
    Water- been drinking water everyday. About 40-60 ounces. I know I should drink more
    Tracking- Everyday
    Exercise- Everyday

Steps-(I don’t remember the last set of days I put in but here goes. If I’m missing a day, please let me know)
    8/20 -5,465
    8/21 -7,403
    8/22 -4,463
    8/23 -2,364 (not a very active day)
    8/24 -6,154
    8/25 -5,322
    8/26 -4,611
    8/27 -7,630
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,527 Member
    Options
    Tazaria87 wrote: »
    Daily Post August 26
    Tracked: Yes
    Under Calorie: Yes
    Exercise: Yes
    Steps: 8886
    Water: 128 oz

Decided to go out walking last night even though it was late by the time I got the kids to bed. Don't really like walking in the dark, but it was a nice walk regardless. Ended up being 53 minutes.

Great job on meeting your goals. Are you able to do your walks in the morning? I think you said that heat has limited your walking times also. Thankfully the heat is going to end soon. I have lived in Ontario for 21 years now and this has been the hottest summer by far.

Oh how nice it is to no longer be sick :) I still will not push my luck on working out so I have decided to give it another week or two ...... I just figured out that I do not need zoom to participate in this stupid child support court on Monday ...I do not want to video chat ... I do not want him seeing me or my daughter and I definitely do not want to see him so it will be audio only on my end

Yes don’t overdo it and end up sick again. I am glad you only have do do audio.

azkunk wrote: »
    jugar wrote: »
    Two more new people for you, wonderful Downsizers! @azkunk and @TracyKlaft1 will be here soon. I know you will welcome them in your usual warm style :heart:

Thank you for the add. My name is Andrea and I turned 49 in May. When the first day of May hit, I weighed myself for the first time since quarantine started and was shocked that the scale crept up to 207. That is my highest weight ever 😱 So, I decided then that I want to lose 50 lbs by my 50th birthday. I found a board dedicated to lose 50lbs and that has helped me stay focused. Through that board I met @Beka369 who told me about this wonderful group. I am super excited get started!

Hi Andrea! You have set a realistic goal with your weight loss. I am excited to have you join the team.

Thursday Weigh Day
    CW: 251.6
    PW: 253.0

Angie setting those goals this week have paid off. Are you continuing with the goals from this week or are you changing them up?

onward1 wrote: »
    Hey all, newbie here. I'm here for inspiration to drop the covid pounds I put on, in addition the the ones I already had. I'm looking forward to this challenge. :smile:

Welcome! Those COVID pounds are so real. You are in the right place for accountability and support. Excited to have you on the team.

I got my new wifi scale today ... it is all set up ... I did step on it today after having a fully belly ...it looks like my old scale is off by 11+ lbs ....will actually know tomorrow morning when I have an empty tummy :p

Was it 11 pounds up or down? Either way it doesn’t change the amount you lost so far just what your original starting weight would have been if you used the new scale when you originally started.

• AmyG1982
    AmyG1982 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options

Thanks! Will there be a new chat group for September or should we just start chatting on this one?
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Daily Post August 26

Decided to go out walking last night even though it was late by the time I got the kids to bed. Don't really like walking in the dark, but it was a nice walk regardless. Ended up being 53 minutes.

Great job on meeting your goals. Are you able to do your walks in the morning? I think you said that heat has limited your walking times also. Thankfully the heat is going to end soon. I have lived in Ontario for 21 years now and this has been the hottest summer by far.

I could go for a walk in the morning if I took both my kids with me. I get some steps in that way but my son doesn't walk all that fast and stops all the time and is obsessed with a bridge we have in our neighborhood so once we get there we are there for awhile. He can really only handle 30 minutes of slow walking, he's 4. I like to go on walks with my kids, I just always need another walk by myself to get more steps in.
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Daily Post August 27
    Steps: 8257

Got out the door for my walk at 7pm so that was nice. Walked for an hour and it wasn't dark yet when I got done. Unfortunately my phone died towards the end of my walk so it stopped counting steps and my HR monitor stopped recording data since it's linked to my phone. Guess I need to make sure my phone is charged before I leave!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Hello everyone,

Welcome to the team! Sometimes life situations interferes with our weight loss journey but the positive for you is you stepped back on yours and you are losing again. I can’t wait to have you as a cheerleader and to be yours.

Hi all!

Another round, last one for August.

6sk4v63uqysu.png

Good week. Reducing daily calories intake really helped in boosting the weight drop. Water retention sometimes reflects in the weight ins but no longer recurrent.

Username: TASCascalho
    Weigh In Day: Friday
    PW (Previous Weight): 188.9 lbs (85.7 Kg)
    CW (Current Weight): 185.6 lbs (84.2 Kg)
    LTD (Loss to Date): 10.8 lbs (4.8 Kg)

Well you finished August with a bang. Well done on another stellar week. I am just curious as to what you do for exercise. Do you do both cardio and weights? I am still liking all your data.

jenmurphy3 wrote: »
    I know I’ve been behind, but work has been overwhelmingly stressful and of course the snacking wins no matter how hard I fight.

Weight on Monday- 234.8 (I went down so that’s good)
    Water- been drinking water everyday. About 40-60 ounces. I know I should drink more
    Tracking- Everyday
    Exercise- Everyday

Steps-(I don’t remember the last set of days I put in but here goes. If I’m missing a day, please let me know)
    8/20 -5,465
    8/21 -7,403
    8/22 -4,463
    8/23 -2,364 (not a very active day)
    8/24 -6,154
    8/25 -5,322
    8/26 -4,611
    8/27 -7,630

I am so glad you checked in! Great job on the weight loss! The snack monster is a sneaky little devil. Take it one day at a time. With snacking especially at night I have to take it one minute at a time. One thing I have done to increase my water intake is buy ice tea drops for it. I get an extra 32 to 48 ounces a day this way.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Thursday’s check in
    Calories: over
    Exercise: 28 minute walk
    Water:✅
    Steps: 5,744
    DBF: 10

PW 200.8
    CW 198.2
    LTD 64.6

I am pleased with my loss this week. Not binge eating in 10 days has paid off. I don’t know if this is contributing to my hunger. I was consuming so many calories my body got used to it. I really have to work on my walking. I think I got so sick of walking inside due to the heat. I tried to walk outside yesterday but it was so hot. I just stopped at Tim Hortons, bought a tea, got my son-in-law to pick me up and drive me home. I suck at walking first thing in the morning( can’t function without coffee) and I can’t late in the evening due to my leg hurting so much by the end of the day. The cool weather is upon us and I am looking forward to doing my long walks in the park again. I think I am going to have to look at an investment in a treadmill for the winter.

Happy FriYAY!

Daily goals
    1. Walk 30 minutes daily
    2. 9000 steps daily
    3. No late night snacking/binge eating
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    AmyG1982 wrote: »

Thanks! Will there be a new chat group for September or should we just start chatting on this one?

There will be a September team chat but you can chat here until that one is opened up by Sunday.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Daily Post August 26

I could go for a walk in the morning if I took both my kids with me. I get some steps in that way but my son doesn't walk all that fast and stops all the time and is obsessed with a bridge we have in our neighborhood so once we get there we are there for awhile. He can really only handle 30 minutes of slow walking, he's 4. I like to go on walks with my kids, I just always need another walk by myself to get more steps in.
    Daily Post August 27
    Steps: 8257

Got out the door for my walk at 7pm so that was nice. Walked for an hour and it wasn't dark yet when I got done. Unfortunately my phone died towards the end of my walk so it stopped counting steps and my HR monitor stopped recording data since it's linked to my phone. Guess I need to make sure my phone is charged before I leave!

That makes sense with the kids. I love that your son is obsessed with the bridge. It reminds me of my son when he was that age but it was tractors and dump trucks. He is 33 now though. You are so consistent with meeting your goals. What is your trick to drinking so much water?
This discussion has been closed.