Weight No More - September 2020 Team Chat

Replies

• tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Friday 9/11
    Food: good
    Water: not enough
    Exercise: 30 minute session with my trainer

After work I went home and changed into my workout clothes and went to the gym to meet with my trainer. I don't usually do morning sessions because I'm usually ready to go to bed after work but he had an opening and I was thinking we were possibly not working tonight. Turns out only 3rd shift is working. My boss was going to try and get volunteers so not everyone would have to work. He did get quite a few but not enough so he made it mandatory for everyone, which he told us before we started last night. It will be nice on the paycheck.

It was a good session but we had to be a little careful because I had done something to my leg. Not sure what but it was sore for a couple of weeks and really bothered me last night at work. I think maybe I pulled or twisted a muscle. I walked slowly on the treadmill for 10 minutes before my session. My leg didn't bother me at all during the session and hasn't bothered me since so that's good. I've also been having trouble with my wrist. It's possibly carpal tunnel. I've had some tingling on and off for quite a while. Holding a book or phone too long or sometimes wake up from sleep from it but at the end of July I started having some pain too. (not consistent pain, more of a discomfort feeling and just doing some things and not others and not consistently there either. My body is strange.🤣) I waited about a month before finally going to the doctor. I was able to get in with the PA. She also thought carpal tunnel and referred me to neurology to have an EMG scheduled. They called today and my test is scheduled for next Friday.

Will have to try and catch up later. Time to go into work.
  • KUMEcyclingteam
    KUMEcyclingteam Posts: 112 Member
    KUMEcyclingteam (BJ)

Week 2
    Weigh in day Friday
    Previous weight
    Current weight
    LTD is at 35.2

Back on track!
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    09/11 steps 9463

Maintenance weight 133.0
  • Zumba_Luvah
    Zumba_Luvah Posts: 409 Member
    Zumba_luvah
    Week 2
    Pw- 154.8
    Cw- 156

With an almost 5 pound loss last week and TOM started i knew I'd be up.
  • lenka1
    lenka1 Posts: 295 Member
    @1theresamcvean thanks for reposting for me! I appreciate it. I’m finally able to log in this morning.
  • Freeglerock
    Freeglerock Posts: 2,864 Member
    Friday check in
    Food: Logged and over
    Water: Bad
    Exercise: over 21k steps

I was expecting to be over on calories as I was going for dinner with friends. We went to the vineyard, which is a really lovely 5* hotel just outside of newbury. Food portions were fairly small (but beautifully done), and with a few cocktails and a couple of glasses of wine, I think I probably ended the day at maintenance level (including exercise). I am trying to work on a 7 day average at my calorie goal - I had not achieved a surplus prior to going out last night, so I plan to work it back this weekend.

Over this next week I am really going to focus on water - yesterday I had a little glass of water with dinner, but other than that my day consisted only if coffee and alcohol. Must do better!

I racked up most of my steps yesterday doing school runs and clothes shopping. Shopping was a complete success - 3 pairs of jeans, 2 other trousers, 3 tops, 2 cardigans and a jumper. I decided to buy size 12 (US size 8), and everything fit Yay! Last November I was struggling to get into size 18/20 (US size 14/16). Many of the bits I bought were on sale, and most will last me losing more weight. Time to start clearing my wardrobe of old clothes - I do not plan on going back there!
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,456 Member
    Check in for Friday
    Food logged and over
    Water over 80 oz
    Exercise 30 min bike ride, 30 min leslie sansone video and PT

Good day yesterday! I even went out to dinner and stuck to my plan AND didn't go for the sweets when I got home. Today we are relaxing. I am going to hopefully going for a bike ride but it is pretty windy so I may just do a video. We will see. Hope everyone is having a nice weekend. :)

@1theresamcvean Wow! Nice loss and you are so close to goal. You have been working so hard and now it is showing. It is interesting what you find when you listen to your body. I am starting to put things together. I have noticed hunger after I exercise sometimes too which must be our bodies looking for fuel. I just need to listen to my body and not let my head get in the way! Lol! That's my big problem ;)
    @Cafelelia Nice loss and such nice NSVs! You should be proud, especially not stress eating!
    @ljdanny Keep doing what you are doing, the scale will catch up. Don't let the numbers on the scale derail you! xox
    @lennoncpa Don't beat yourself up. It happens to most of us. Just keep moving forward. I hope you had some resolution with your client's bookkeeper too. Hugs!
    @kandi3570 Nice loss! That gain the other day was probably due to all that physical labor you have been doing. Keep up the good work!
    @Mainbeachbum. Looks like another good day!
    @tryingagain5 Hooray! Back with the trainer! I know you have been waiting for a session for a long time. Sorry about your leg and wrist. Hope you start feeling better soon.
    @KUMEcyclingteam Nice loss! Sounds like a good week!
    @timibotkin Don't let that number get you off track. Keep doing what you're doing and the scale will catch up eventually.
    @long_for_me I missed saying hello to you I think. Hope all is going well. Sometimes when your slipping it is a good time to check in with us for support.
    @lenka1 MFP is a pain sometimes. I am glad you could get on today
    @Freeglerock What a nice day you had. Going to the vineyard sounded so lovely. How exciting about your clothes too! I agree, get rid of those clothes, you are not going back there!
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Friday check in
    I was so tired by the end of the day yesterday. I worked all day and managed to get in some exercise at the end. We had junk food night with the kids as the Raptors were playing, and lost :( I planned for it, I had a bowl chips & some left over birthday cake, in addition to some salad (what a mix of food!). I was so tired though and fell asleep on the couch by 9 pm. I am hoping to rest a bit this weekend before the school craziness starts again on Monday. Hope that you all have a great weekend!

@freeglerock - So exciting that you bought those new smaller clothes! Congratulations!
  • goingape
    goingape Posts: 429 Member
    Saturday weigh in
    Last weigh in 161
    Current weight 159.4
    Loss this week - 1.6
    Total loss 60 !

This was a nice surprise! I will focus on maintaining this loss and as I sometimes get a little bounce back over the next week. I’ve got my two new fitness classes - ignite and yoga flow plus still doing couch25k. I am now in week 3 and still enjoying it. Today we have fam pics. Hopefully the weather holds. Cheers everyone!
  • Melzz19
    Melzz19 Posts: 39 Member
    Friday weigh in
    PW 217.2
    CW 216.6
    LTD 14.8
  • Melzz19
    Melzz19 Posts: 39 Member
    Saturday check in
    Food: not great
    Water: not great
    Fiancé had to work today so I headed up to williston to go shopping again. I have a friends wedding coming up soon and been trying to find something to wear. And my little town of 6,000 doesn’t have much in the way of clothing stores. My last adventure to a “city” 3 hours one way to go shopping turned out to be a waste of time. Couldn’t try anything because of COVID so spent 6 hours driving for no reason. Finally found an outfit and it’s all in large sizes and fit perfectly so little NSV there. Also splurged a little on lunch since a larger town I got to eat at jimmy johns which I haven’t had in probably two years. I love my little town and it’s nice that fast food is a rare treat since it’s two hours there and back.

On a side note ordered some gps for me and my fiancé for elk camp, snowmobiling and for hiking in the badlands can’t wait for them to come in. 😊
  • kandi3570
    kandi3570 Posts: 238 Member
    So the patio is poured and I have a roofer coming tomorrow. All I have to do is finish the French drain. My gain Yesterday must have been water weight because it was gone today. I’m under calories and way under steps but I worked today. Lol. Worked enough my back is tried. So I’m going to count today as a win. And I’m hungry tonight! I’m gonna have to eat extra today. I hope everyone has a great weekend. 😁
  • hope002
    hope002 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Hope002
    Friday
    PW 176.1
    CW 177.5
  • tryingagain5
    @Melzz19
    I just looked up the population of my town. It showed for 2020 that there are about 7,300 people so not too many more than your town. The difference for me is that we have plenty of fast food and other restaurants in town and the neighboring towns. No mall in my town but that's less than 15 minutes away. Everything is pretty close. I'm in between 2 larger cities ( one is 20 minutes to the west and the other is 20 minutes to the east)

I do find it interesting that you can't try clothes on in the store but you take them home and if they don't fit you have to bring them back. Doesn't make sense to me. Glad you were able to find something for the wedding.
  • tryingagain5
    Saturday 9/12
    Food: good
    Water 40 oz
    Exercise: none

Since I worked last night I slept most of my morning away. After I got up I went to the local library to take care of some things I can't do on my phone, then went to the pharmacy to get a flu shot. I've gotten one pretty much since I was a kid. My mom's health was never good so I got it to protect her. Now I do it for me, also my doctor wants me to get one.

Got a few groceries while I was out, then did a load of laundry while I did the e check in for my appointment on Friday and another appointment the next Monday. Not really sure what good that does since when I went to my regular doctor's office what I did online wasn't in the system and I had to answer them again. I looked up the reviews for the neurologist who's going to do the procedure on Friday. He had 4.6 out if 5 stars so that's good. I read all the reviews and only saw one that was negative, the others were very positive.

Work is still really busy and is expected to be busy until November. We are going in early tomorrow night so my weekend is really short.
This discussion has been closed.