TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (September)

Options

Replies

• HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    Wow!! Okay, I missed coming on this morning, because we had a retirement luncheon at work for one of our employees, and I didn't have the time to do everything on MFP that I wanted to do. Now I am here and have so much to read and it is all soooo positive!!!

I'll get the bad stuff out of the way first....Yesterday was a total bust!! I didn't have a plan for the day and it got away from me, so much so that I threw in the towel!! But I did exercise (a 43 minutes walk) and drank my water (8 cups) and got in my steps (10,108). Today has been much better. I skipped breakfast to leave calorie room for lunch. I was not conservative when I chose the best matches from the data base to log my Hungarian food retirement luncheon, and I will be fine, especially if I go for a walk later.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    @murdog3t, that is wonderful news that you were able to get outside and go for a walk! We take fresh air for granted, don't we?

@brandi_84, that's a shame that your daughter is unable to exercise with you right now, but maybe she can be your best cheerleader and/or your worst nightmare by hounding you until you get it done, and then giving you the big high-five!! Yes, planning is key, whether it's meals or working out or anything!! (Re: my yesterday!!)

Congratulations, @mooreshelly09 for being this week's Second Overall Biggest Loser!! And to @loraloha22 and @prehistoricmoongoddess for rounding out TBBT's top three!!

@knlizght, well done on meeting with your trainer (it sounded like a real hardship!!) and coming up with a solid plan!!

• cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    Options
    9/17/2020
    Tracked: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes walking
    Steps: 19,367
    Water: 130.7

September Goals:
    • <50g carbs: ✔(42) ✔(32)✔ 39 ✖(89) ✖(80)
    • 12,000+ steps (5 days) ✖✔✔✔✔
    • 8,000+ steps (2 days) ✔✔✔✔✔
    • 30 Days of Yoga With Adrienne ✔(Day 11) ✔(Day 12) ✖✖✖
    • 30 minutes cardio daily ✔✔✔✔✔
    • Strength 30min/week minimum ✖✖✖✖✖

Reflections:

• HASWLRS
    Options
    @mooreshelly09, This is your first little hurdle....the scales not budging since Friday. Please take it in stride.... You have lost eight pounds so far this month, and we are only a little over the halfway mark. If someone had told you on August 31st that you were going to lose eight pounds in September, you would have taken it in a heart beat!! So, anything you lose between now and the 30th is gravy, and you WILL lose if you keep doing what you are doing!! Let's face it, as much as we would like weight loss to be linear, it is anything but!!

@brandi_84, I also have no problem reheating meat, or anything for that matter, in the microwave! If I think the meat might dry out, for example, a roast, I will slice it up, put it in a pan, cover it with water, cover with foil and reheat in the oven.

@DaffyGirl88, well that's disappointing that your family may have been exposed and you cannot visit for your grandson's birthday! On the bright side is the fact that no one seems ill and your grandson will not remember his second birthday celebration being a quiet one!!

@knlizght, it sounds like your head is in the right place to be successful at losing weight right now. Even with that, we all need cheerleaders and it's so much more enjoyable to not do it alone!!

@richmondwriter, that is a tough situation, with your mom wanting to being helpful, but not making the right choices. It sounds like you handled it with tact and with love!!

@erikNJ, so glad that you haven't given up and are still committing to daily exercise!! The food part will come as life sorts itself out!!
  • knlizght
    knlizght Posts: 82 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Thursday 17th September
    Exercise: yes, kettlebox class
    Steps: 5117
    Water: 2800
    Protein: 158g/160g
  • mooreshelly09
    mooreshelly09 Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    9/17/20
    Exercise: yes, 2.5 walk/jog with C25K
    Steps: 11,801
    Water: 135.2

Tomorrow will be a bad day for my diet lol. Saturday is our 11 year wedding anniversary and we rented a cabin on a private lake. I will be mindful of my choices, but want to enjoy myself while we are away. Hope to get in plenty of exercise to help counter the food :smiley:

@HASWLRS Thank you for the kind words. I keep telling myself at least its not a gain, and I know it won't just fall off overnight. Trying to keep my head up.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    @mooreshelly09, Happy Anniversary!! Your cabin on the lake sounds divine...and quite romantic! Yes, be mindful, but mostly....just enjoy!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    9/17/2020
    Exercise: yes walking
    Steps: 19,367
    Water: 130.7

September Goals:
    • <50g carbs: ✔(42) ✔(32)✔ 39 ✖(89) ✖(80)
    • 12,000+ steps (5 days) ✖✔✔✔✔
    • 8,000+ steps (2 days) ✔✔✔✔✔
    • 30 Days of Yoga With Adrienne ✔(Day 11) ✔(Day 12) ✖✖✖
    • 30 minutes cardio daily ✔✔✔✔✔
    • Strength 30min/week minimum ✖✖✖✖✖

Reflections:

@cmhubbard92, Christine, maybe your strength training and yoga and number of carbs aren't going to plan this week, but those first three yes's are what's going to get you to your weight loss goal....the rest is just gravy!!
  • loraloha22
    loraloha22 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    9/17
    Logged:yes
    Under:yes
    Exercise:yes;38 minutes elliptical;5 minutes sauna
    Steps:9645
    Water:96oz.
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,622 Member
    Options
    Week 3 September
    PW: 142.4
    CW: 141.2

Woot! 😂
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    Thursday 17 September
    Track: yes
    Exercise: yes

Water: 84 oz
    Steps 12,599, surprised I got that many with the rain 🌧️ yesterday. And now Sally is dumping more on us. I truly wish we could send some of this rain to @murdog3t and the others on the west coast.

Happy Friday everyone!
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    9/17/20
    Exercise: yes, 2.5 walk/jog with C25K
    Steps: 11,801
    Water: 135.2

Tomorrow will be a bad day for my diet lol. Saturday is our 11 year wedding anniversary and we rented a cabin on a private lake. I will be mindful of my choices, but want to enjoy myself while we are away. Hope to get in plenty of exercise to help counter the food :smiley:

@HASWLRS Thank you for the kind words. I keep telling myself at least its not a gain, and I know it won't just fall off overnight. Trying to keep my head up.

@mooreshelly09 Like Lisa said, enjoy your anniversary, life is too short not to. And there are many ways to burn off those champagne calories. 😉
  • richmondwriter
    richmondwriter Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Richmondwriter MUAC for 9/17:
    Under: YES!!!!
    Exercised: yes - 35 minutes walking.

I had a really good low calorie day yesterday, which gave me a boost after the awful day before. For dinner, I had Giada's Salmon Baked in Foil, my easy, healthy go-to dish.

@mooreshelly09 - Have a wonderful time on your anniversary getaway!

@HASWLRS - good job staying on track with exercise, water & steps despite a difficult beginning to your day.

@DaffyGirl88 - nice loss! Also, I like your idea of doing the grilled chicken and having it ready for salads. I've been chopping up tomato lately and having it ready for eggs.

• erikNJ
    erikNJ Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Last: 263.7
    This: 265.7

Gained back all of my late August vacation weight plus another pound 👎🏻
  • mooreshelly09
    mooreshelly09 Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    mooreshelly09
    Friday
    Week3
    CW: 229.2
    PW: 230.2

I did a jig this morning in the kitchen, finally some movement 🤣
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    @DaffyGirl88, Woot woot, indeed!!

@richmondwriter, well done on following a not so good day with a really good day!! That salmon does sound easy, and I am assuming it is good!! A girl at work buys those whole cooked chickens in the grocery store and takes off the meat and freezes it, I am assuming in serving size bags, to have handy for salads or wraps or whatever!!

@erikNJ, okay, so you've gone all the way up....I guess there's no where to go but back down!! Think positive my friend....one day, one meal, at a time! You got this!!

@mooreshelly09, the jig was after the weigh-in, but when I initially read your post, I pictured you jigging in the kitchen and literally a pound, falling to the floor, like in a cartoon or something!! Either way, well done!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Thursday, September 17th

logged: yes, the best I could using database entries
    under: yes
    exercise: yes, a 50 minute walk
    water: yes, 12 cups
    steps: 10.059

We had a retirement lunch at work yesterday, and I did my best to estimate and log from the database. I skipped breakfast and ate a really light dinner, and I was super hungry this morning, so I am guessing that means I was really under!!
  • loraloha22
    loraloha22 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    9/18
    Friday
    PW:193.2
    CW:191.8

Woo hoo! Happy Friday, team!
  • brandi_84
    brandi_84 Posts: 1,963 Member
    Options
    Starting: 185.4
    Week 1: 186.9
    Week 2: 186.9
    Week 3: 189.3

I'm so disappointed in myself. I had expected a gain, and I have already started working to turn this around, but I was hoping it wouldn't be so bad.
  • brandi_84
    brandi_84 Posts: 1,963 Member
    Options
    Week 3 September
    PW: 142.4
    CW: 141.2

Woot! 😂

Wonderful loss. You have been great at being accountable and it has been showing on the scale.