Mission Slimpossibles - September 2020 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,581 Member
    Options
    @trooworld Happy Birthday! Hope you had a wonderful day and celebration!

Thank you everyone for the positive words! I was so obsessed with being exactly 100lbs down that I lost too much, I'm up 20 but would like to get about 7lbs back off when things are more stable.

@fitnessinmy30s Welcome to the gang!

@AustinRuadhain I LOVE those windchimes, I looked into ones like those awhile back as I love how they sound!

@Firefly743 Welcome!

@apple852hk Oh, I bet cauliflower was fun to grow, how did it taste? I tried a variety of broccoli and it was attacked by aphids so bad I had to toss it, they wouldn't die! It's so rewarding to eat food you grow, I love having a garden even though mine is small.

@TwistedSassette Oh, I just looked up that card game and it's a variety of Uno? My older nephew loves playing games, I just ordered it for him. Thanks for the recommendation, I love regular Uno!

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,581 Member
    Options
    I wanted to respond to more but am having trouble sitting, hoping to get some rest and that I'll feel better in the morning or I'm headed back to the hospital for steroids this week. Went to my brother's for my family birthday celebration and went off everything but gluten the last two days, don't know if that's why I feel so bad but I suspect it's overdoing it yesterday and getting 10,000 "steps".

Calories- over
    Exercise- same old stuff
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,912 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 Thank you! So far, I am enjoying it. <3 I hope your dentist appointment goes okay and it's not too painful.

@Katmary71 Thank you, I did! I hope you had a nice birthday celebration, too. I'm sorry that you are now in pain. Not a good way to spend your birthday (your birthday is today, right? Happy birthday!).

Hello all! I'm excited to say that last night at dinner, I was able to put my utensil down between bites the whole time. I also left 3 bites of food and asked myself if I was hungry before I ate. Hopefully, I can do the same today! :)

Sunday
    Calories: over/under: under
    Water: over/under: under
    Exercise: ----
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: put my utensil down between bites, track everything, 2 bottles (26 oz) of water
  • petrocoetsee
    petrocoetsee Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    The last week was strange and difficult. I struggled with my eating and exercising and logged very few of my meals. I however do think that most days I was within my calories limit or at least close to it, but the days I went over, I really went overboard. This morning as I stepped onto the scale, the batteries died on me. Probably out of fright. Will weigh myself tomorrow morning and post the results. It is going to be a case of : WHAT YOU EAT IN PRIVATE, YOU WEAR IN PUBLIC :s:'(
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,089 Member
    Options
    There is a lovely new person coming your way - please welcome @judi_kay_4 !
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Hello all!!! Saw this group from a friend posting and decided to join in on the weight loss fun 😊

Hello! :) We are happy to have you join our team but first, you need to click this link and register and read the rules of F2F so you know what is expected of you. If you would like to be on Mission Slimpossibles then just request that in your registertration post. https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10811178/fat2fit-october-registration-now-open-great-support-from-thick-to-thin/p1?new=1
  • buniphuphu
    buniphuphu Posts: 287 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Username: buniphuphu
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    Week: 5
    SW: 345.4
    PW: 329.1
    CW: 328.6

Really pleased with how September has turned out. I'm on track to meet my goal of swimming an average of an hour a day. I'm going to have a couple of chilly swims today and tomorrow, but Wednesday should be a bit better. I just picked out a wetsuit, so I can continue my swimming into the fall without having to resort to the gym, and Scot is going to install a solar heater and solar cover on the pool in order to use our pool as long as I can. At least the mosquitoes should depart soon!

With the change in weather, I decided I want to try to expand my veggie repertoire again. I really liked using summer squash for spaghetti this year, so I want to try butternut squash soup this fall. I'm always careful when I try new fruits and veggies because I have a lot of food allergies, but butternut squash soup just looks so warm and comforting for the fall (and full of veggies!) that I'd like to give it a whirl. It's on my to-do list this week.

@AustinRuadhain Great job sticking with your 100 days goals!

@TeresaW1020 I've always wanted to try yoga, but I'm not supposed to do it because I have lax joints. It looks so relaxing! I hope you enjoy it!

@jazzagirl30 Great loss! You are killing it!

@Katmary71 Anniversaries are big things! Congrats keeping the weight off. That's so inspiring!

@digger61 Way to hold the line!

@trooworld Happy birthday! I hope the coming year is filled with happiness!

@GabiV125 You're doing a good job of checking off your goals! I'm not brave enough to set a goal that far out. I'm sticking with one month at a time.

@Hilogirl2018 WOW! Another awesome weigh-in! You have had an incredible September!

@raleighgirl09 @Cornanda @broncobuddee @gwamajtw91 *hugs* I know a gain can be a disappointment, but I'm sure you all will knock it out of the park next week! :)

@apple852hk Lack of support is the WORST! Hubby weighs more than a hundred pounds than me and does such nice things as buy me chocolate unasked for. I have no willpower if it is in the house, but I'm fine if it isn't here.

• buniphuphu
    buniphuphu Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    @gharvey2753 @Firefly743 @judi_kay_4 Welcome to the group! We're so happy to have you along!

@fitnessinmy30s Welcome too! Be sure you follow the instructions that @TeresaW1020 gave for the official F2F signup! We want you to be all official and everything. :)
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    Hello all! Today’s my 24th anniversary and I was a bit disappointed earlier because 2 months ago when I started this journey I was secretly hoping to have some scale success by today. Well it’s 1lb in 2 months ( or maybe even less depending on the day/water/life).
    I am in a better spot mentally though, I am learning every day to just try, and if it happens to be a backward day, than I have tomorrow. 2 months ago I was stuck in the fail and guilt cycle, and completely miserable. Now I’m working toward forgiving.
    @buniphuphu - You did way more than the countdown! You swam to Europe and back this summer and now with the wet suit, bought yourself another month or so of intense exercise. I’m impressed and excited to watch your journey!
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 691 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Weigh in
    Username: Jactop
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    Week: 5
    PW (Previous Weight): 195
    CW (Current Weight): 193
    LTD (Loss to Date): 32 lbs
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday @Katmary71 and Happy belated birthday @Trooworld.

@buniphuphu you're such an inspiration. Sending you wishes for a mild fall so you can keep swimming. 🧜‍♀️

Check in.
    I've logged 6 workouts so far and 4 days of food on plan in the 100 day challenge.

I'm really trying to stick to working out in the morning so I can get it done before I come up with excuses not to. Morning workouts also seem to set me on a path of better food choices for the rest of the day.
  • gharvey2753
    gharvey2753 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    buniphuphu wrote: »
    @gharvey2753 @Firefly743 @judi_kay_4 Welcome to the group! We're so happy to have you along!

@fitnessinmy30s Welcome too! Be sure you follow the instructions that @TeresaW1020 gave for the official F2F signup! We want you to be all official and everything. :)

Thanks good to be here, thanks for having me!
  • itsmegina
    itsmegina Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Hello all, new to the group and excited to jump in the October challenge!
    Username itsmegina
    CW 149.8
    Weigh in on Saturday

My goal for the month, log every meal, every day- good or bad!
    I love to work out, so that’s not my problem, it’s definitely my eating 😅
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    BIG WELCOME to all our new members!! I look forward to getting to know each of you and cheering you on in your health journey!! :grin:

Hello everyone! Today, was a long day. I took my mom to her heart doctor appointment. Then hubby and I had to go see a church member who is having a really hard time and offer some help with her situation. I had my dentist appointment, went grocery shopping, and then came home and made dinner. My dentist says I might have a hairline crack in my tooth so tomorrow I have to go see an endodontist for a consult and will probably need to have a root canel and then a crown. Soooo much money!!! :s:'( The good news is that becuase of my intermittent fasting, my hygienist couldn't believe the lack of plaque build up on my teeth. She hadn't seen me since last November becuase my March appointment had been cancelled. So going forward instead of going every 4 months for a cleaning she says I can come twice a year now. I have read tons of people who have had the same results with their teeth once they start fasting. Weird huh? :o OK, I'm going to go get a huge glass of water because I have slacked off big time today and sit myself down in front of the TV. I'll do personals tomorrow! ;)

100-Day Challenge Goals: Day 6
    1. Fast clean for 19+ hours, with 2 days at 23+ hours. Fasted 21 hours
    2. Workout six days a week (either BOD program, treadmill, or deep cleaning). I did 30 minute yoga program.
    3. Eat at least 90% on plan, which means mostly low carb with one or two days of high-carbs. I ate more carbs than I had planned to but I was still on plan.
    4. Have quiet time with God through prayer and reading. No, I was super busy today and ran out of time.

jnpz7uxnx3d4.png

• GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    Right there with you:
    9/27: ✅✅
    9/28: ✅✅
  • TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,621 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all our new members :)

@petrocoetsee Sorry it's been a difficult time. It is what it is now, the only way is forward. When I'm in a funk like that I try to go back to basics and just do small things that can give me some momentum.

@buniphuphu I am continually amazed at how much swimming you do!! Incredible! How exciting that you'll be able to keep swimming as the weather cools down - I know you were dreading the end of summer for swimming so that's great news. I really wish I had a pool at home, I love swimming!

@GabiV125 Happy Anniversary! 24 years is wonderful (we will hit 12 years in November!). I think it's important to remember all the little things that you are doing every day that improve your health, even if it's not showing on the scale just yet. You're still here two months in, plugging away, which is an accomplishment in itself! Keep at it, you've got this!

@Jactop Great weigh in! I need to start working out in the mornings, I just find mornings so hard!

@anido1 WOW that's an amazing weigh-in! Well done! Lesley Sansone annoys me a bit - I like the workouts but she's just a bit too bubbly for my level of sarcastic! :lol:

@TeresaW1020 I've never thought about the connection between dental hygiene and fasting but I guess it makes sense - if you're not eating then there's nothing to build up on your teeth! The hairline crack/root canal sounds painful though, I hope it can be resolved quickly for you. Even here in Australia, dental work is very expensive as it's not covered under our universal health care so private health insurance only covers a very small portion of it. When I met my hubby, he had a partial plate for his front teeth as they'd been knocked out in an accident. Eventually, these wore down his other teeth where they attached at the top so he got a full plate. Over time, this damaged his bottom teeth as well since the compound is much harder than his actual teeth, so he decided to have dental implants put in. They did his whole mouth, so he has 11 titanium bolts in his jaw and it cost AUD$40,000! I always joke that he better look after them because he essentially has a car in his mouth!

100 DAY CHALLENGE GOALS
    Day 6: Monday 28 September
    1. Log calories eaten: Yes - 3/6
    2. 20 mins exercise: Yes - 3/6
    3. Record a calorie deficit: Yes - 3/6

Went for a walk with my toddler and my sister (and her dog) in the afternoon. We decided to let the toddler out to walk part of the way since we were on a dirt road with no traffic. He's only 21 months old and he managed to walk 1.2km! He was getting tired by the end, but insisted that he didn't want to get back in the pram. It made our walk very slow, but it sure did tire him out so he slept wonderfully last night! My Apple Watch kept asking me if I'd finished my workout :lol: and it didn't count all my minutes but I did get a lot of steps in regardless and he had the best time. I played Beat Saber and did some yoga before bed so it was a pretty active day. I didn't eat the best food, but I did finish with a deficit of ~300 calories so all in all, not a bad day.
  • Hilogirl2018
    Hilogirl2018 Posts: 687 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    @raleighgirl09 and others who congratulated me on my loss this month, THANK YOU for your support! I've been away the last couple of days and need to go back and read through all the posts since the 26th. Off to do that now!
  • Firefly743
    Firefly743 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I just want to introduce myself.

I'm Lynn and I'll be joining you for the October challenge. I'm 46, soon to be 47 and I live in Wisconsin. I am a single mom, my son is soon to be 18.

I've been on MFP a few times before...this time, since July. I've struggled with my weight pretty much my entire life and it's time that I just take control of this for good. I owe it to myself to do this. I don't want to continue to live at this weight anymore - I don't want to be the "fat" girl anymore. It's physically and emotionally exhausting carrying this weight.

I had a relatively successful run at losing weight 2 years ago - I lost 55 pounds (sounds crazy to say that right now) - and then I let life get in the way and I started a new job...and I gained all the weight back...and an extra 15 pounds. So in May I found myself at the heaviest I had ever been (337 pounds, ugh, I can't believe I'm admitting that) - and then I hit rock bottom. So I vowed to change.

So here we are...I'm 2 1/2 months into this journey - I've had some successes and some frustrations. But I'm still here, I haven't given up...trying to find new tools, knowledge and support - and long term success.

Soooo...I guess that's me in a nutshell. I look forward to getting to know you guys (I've started reading through September...but I've only gotten up to page 8 ;) ) and supporting you guys! I look forward to an awesome October!

This discussion has been closed.