Replies

• 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 944 Member
    Username: jedaschultz
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    Week:1
    PW (Previous Weight): 202.4
    CW (Current Weight): 203.8

Well the small progress that I made I blew this week by eating a lot of bread. My big weakness. :#

Well, bread is a Covid comfort food, Debbie. You have the rest of the month to lose it and I'll bet it only takes a day or two. Hugs to you, my friend.
  • 1theresamcvean
    podperson1 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'm so behind this week - and how are we into our October thread already?? Quick intro then - I'm Shelli, live in Edinburgh, Scotland with my best friend/flatmate and our kitties. Have struggled with my weight for prob as long as I can remember, hit my highest ever weight of about 210lbs last year so this year decided I needed to get my butt in gear or it was just going to keep going up. Has been an up and down year (as I'm sure most people can relate to) and all the additional stresses haven't helped, but the scale is going in a generally downwards direction so am trying to keep positive about that!

As I mentioned, had my new tattoo done on Friday. Was a longer sitting than I'd hoped and didn't manage to get the whole thing done in one, but am very happy with how it's looking (will add piccie below). It did lead to me having a very 'take it easy' weekend though and def having a bit of a cheat on the food side. Have a feeling the scales will not be as kind this week!

@xX_PhoenixRising_Xx - are you the one with the gorgeous Alice in Wonderland tat or am I am getting muddled with someone else?

qcvuxjjsccvx.jpg

Wow! That is beautiful. The cat is majestic and the paw prints are so realistic. I have my late cats' paw prints done in clay. Not a tattoo on me. Yet.
  • xX_PhoenixRising_Xx
    xX_PhoenixRising_Xx Posts: 622 Member
    podperson1 wrote: »

@xX_PhoenixRising_Xx - are you the one with the gorgeous Alice in Wonderland tat or am I am getting muddled with someone

Yes, that's me 🙂🙂 And I love your cat tattoo, it looks so real! I am a complete cat person. 🐈
  • mainebeachbum
    mainebeachbum Posts: 385 Member
    Friday check in
    Steps 10242
    Water 64 oz
    Walk 2 30-minute walks today
    Food prelogged

@1theresamcvean Yes, brunch was a breakfast version of chicken and waffles at an Italian restaurant which is why pizelles instead of real waffles. That probably decreased the calories, too!

@debbiewsharpe Luckily after about 15 months of back pain, it finally went away completely. I just never got back to exercising!

@KUMEcyclingteam The 2nd secret for weight loss cracked me up! But so true!!

Congratulations, team, on a job well done in September!
  • mainebeachbum
    mainebeachbum Posts: 385 Member
    So I guess I’m trying to rush this week...that was a Monday check in...not Friday! 🤨
  • Cuddleme72
    Cuddleme72 Posts: 19 Member
    Daniele, We have a step challenge and it is voluntary. If you would like to be included, please let us know and we'll add you to the challenge. Some people post their steps each day and others provide the details all in one go on Saturday or Sunday for the week. Some really successful people are up in the 20,000 steps/day range and we celebrate first, second, and third place, as well as those who go over 10,000 steps/day (70,000 + steps/week).

Thank you but maybe not this time. I'm struggling to get 4000 steps a day right now lol. Thank you for the information.
  • 1theresamcvean
    Cuddleme72 wrote: »
    Daniele, We have a step challenge and it is voluntary. If you would like to be included, please let us know and we'll add you to the challenge. Some people post their steps each day and others provide the details all in one go on Saturday or Sunday for the week. Some really successful people are up in the 20,000 steps/day range and we celebrate first, second, and third place, as well as those who go over 10,000 steps/day (70,000 + steps/week).

Thank you but maybe not this time. I'm struggling to get 4000 steps a day right now lol. Thank you for the information.

I totally understand. You do this your way and don’t take things on that you haven’t planned for, Daniele. We don’t want this to be overwhelming, we’re here to support the healthy choices you make. Have a great night!
  • 1theresamcvean
    @kandi3570 Great intro! You've been an inspiration in your first month with us. One thing I have found that helped me with plateaus is to eat higher calories and higher carbs a couple of days a week. Not too much, mind you. I steal calories from other days and 'eat up.' I believe though I'm not a scientist like you, that it tricks my body into not thinking that I'm starving. Thus plateau averted.
  • 1theresamcvean
    edited October 2020
    For everyone who's new, and those of us who are often confused (like me), here's a bit of a cheat sheet:
    • October here is four weeks long. Running Sunday to Saturday, until October 31st. That's unusual because sometimes a calendar month runs over into the next month. Like September. It ran until October 3rd.
    • Don't try to keep up at first. Just come on in and read what's on the page you land on. Comment on just that page and don't worry about keeping up with everything you missed since last visiting. Don't worry about learning names either.
    • We're here to support you when you're new.
    • We like pet pics. So, dogs and cats are great to share.
    • No question is off-limits and fake it 'til you make it.
    • Most months, it's our newest members who inspire us the most. So, don't be shy.
    • Welcome aboard!
  • kandi3570
    kandi3570 Posts: 238 Member
    I sorta tried that. And science doesn’t have all the answers either. We all know that size 2 that can outeat everyone at the table. No one has figured out how to put that into a pill. If they did none of us would be here struggling. But I did eat more over the weekend. I think I need to increase water and build some muscle. But I will figure it out.
  • KUMEcyclingteam
    KUMEcyclingteam Posts: 112 Member
    @1theresamcvean Ahhhhh, you found the loop "hole" lol. Your pup is definitely not fat!
    If dogs wore fitbits would the get credit for twice as many steps seeing as they have twice as many legs? (These are the questions that keep me up at night)
  • goingape
    goingape Posts: 429 Member
    Hi all; I’m a 43 year old mom from the Prairies in Canada! I have three boys, one in university and two in high school. I do admin type work in an office. : D

I struggled with my weight after my third child. Got pretty high, up to around 220. Once covid hit I took it as a sign to work on my diet and fitness and improve myself. I cut out pop, chocolate bars etc, kept to my calorie goal and started walking every day! I also started to do intermittent fasting and went to eating two meals a day and cut out most snacking.

This plan got me going and I’ve been able to get to an overweight Bmi recently. I’m thinking 125 -130 will be my goal range, although I will have to see how I’m feeling. Currently I’m doing c25K, plus some exercise classes. I’ve started working out with a beginner weights routine at my gym. This will be a long term goal for me, to increase my strength and muscles. 💪💪

Welcome to the new team members!

Cheers!
  • xX_PhoenixRising_Xx
    xX_PhoenixRising_Xx Posts: 622 Member
    @KUMEcyclingteam

I don't have a dog - what does it mean if my cat is fat? 🤣

fxd1ibeagzyk.jpg
This discussion has been closed.