Downsizers - October 2020 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,516 Member
    Options
    @rlaskey2
    You definitely deserve a rest day. Those beach walks alone would be harder on the knees. You are killing it with your steps. I am not sure how to turn off the exercise calories. Are you syncing a Fitbit? It is ok to eat some exercise calories. I personally don’t like to eat more than half. My weight loss data shows that if I do anymore I will gain. Are you gaining if you eat them back?

@azkunk
    It is great you weight is going down. I am also trying to increase protein. I am adding a protein shake in for my evening snack. I also bought veggies I am going to cut up today to have on hand for quick lower calorie snacks.

@iHUSTLE4MUSCLE
    Remember pizza will cause water weight. The news is pretty grim right now with the rising Covid cases. Try not to watch too much news but you have every right to feel like that.

@Tazaria87
    All I can say is your so inspiring. You made all the right choices and even served you guests a healthy meal.

@draby2011
    Sometimes you do need to take a step back. With everything I have going on right now I am doing maintenance for for 2 weeks. Never be disappointed in yourself. You have had lots of stress this month. I am glad you are back on track and I look forward to reading your check ins.

@Z10Rtza
    I hope you had lots of fun exercising. Hang in there with the weight loss!

@Piqueaboo
    Maintaining is ok. I am sure you will be back on track with your food this week. Have you set any goals for the week?
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,516 Member
    Options
    Saturday’s check in
    Calories: over
    Exercise: no
    Water: ✅
    Steps: 5,581
    Sleep: No
    DBF: 2

Pizza with my granddaughters put me over yesterday. It wasn’t my planned supper but time with those girls is so precious. I have been busy with my grandkids today and my youngest is wanting me to play with her again. She keeps asking are you finished yet. They will be grown soon so I take whatever time I can get.

I hope you are all having an awesome weekend!

Goals this week
    1. No binge eating/late night snacking
    2. Sleep at least 7.5 hours
    3. Stay within maintenance calories
  • lcfa5317
    lcfa5317 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Information from Saturday, Oct. 24
    Steps = 12,304
    Weigh in day 193
    SW = 196
    PW=194
    It's a slow process, but it's working. I enjoy reading all these posts. I was using my phone to post most of this week, so it was difficult to write much. I don't know how to respond to someone in this group. Any help with that issue would be appreciated.
    I did Zumba via Zoom yesterday. I like being in a live session - it's more motivating for me for some reason. I feel like I'm connecting with people that way.
    I'm going to go for a long walk later today. (or clean the house - I think the walk will win.) I might make a pot of cauliflower/potato soup too.
    One pound a week isn't much, but it would add up to 52 pounds in a year!!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,005 Member
    Options
    iHustle4muscle is having a problem getting into the community today ... She messaged me her steps for 10/24 which is 17,036
  • dabbers18
    dabbers18 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hello all.
    CW.....215.5lb
    Steps....31,625 big improvement.
    Still feeling a bit off due to covid. All I wanna do is sleep! At least that stops me eating.
    Was really struggling since weds as that b*%^&*d vivid took my lovely friend away, he was only 32 😪😪. I'm gonna be so glad to see the back of the year. Been awful year for me.
    But at least I can still smile 😁 xxx
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Announcements: The registration page for new people for the month of November is up (Help recruit please ). Also October week 4 challenge is up https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10813770/october-week4-challenge-10-25-10-31-improving-sleep#latest :)
  • darleenturner
    darleenturner Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    @Lindamtuck2018 done both off them but came off as was on 3600mg day of gabapentin and 20mg amatriptaline. Didnt help so was changed to pregabeline but the same. Now dont use anything but paracetamol. I put a lot of weight on with gabapentin. Hope they work for you. Just staring on new physio exercises x
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Announcements: The registration page for new people for the month of November is up (Help recruit please ). Also October week 4 challenge is up https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10813770/october-week4-challenge-10-25-10-31-improving-sleep#latest :)

Also please encourage your team to post in the idea lounge ...if they have any ideas for challenges..Thanks :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I could not go on my hike today. After doing the 330-stair hike twice this week my left calf feels like it’s going to cramp every time I flex my foot. So, lots of stretching and the heating pad today. I will do a dog walk just to move a bit.

Scale was actually down 0.1 today when is usually goes up on the weekend so I am very hopeful that this plateau is broken.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    azkunk wrote: »
    I could not go on my hike today. After doing the 330-stair hike twice this week my left calf feels like it’s going to cramp every time I flex my foot. So, lots of stretching and the heating pad today. I will do a dog walk just to move a bit.

Scale was actually down 0.1 today when is usually goes up on the weekend so I am very hopeful that this plateau is broken.

I hope you feel better soon ... I too am very sore today after my 5+ mile walk and 6+ mile walk ..thank goodness Sunday's are my rest day ...Just a reminder please post your steps for 10/24 when you get a chance .. Thank you :)
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    azkunk wrote: »

Thank you :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    edited October 2020
    Options
    We have a new member joining us ....let's welcome @lelbarou to our team :)
  • draby2011
    draby2011 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Username: Draby2011
    Weigh-In Day: Saturday
    Starting Weight: 278 pounds
    Previous Weight: 230.2 pounds
    Current Weight: 240.4 pounds
    This Week's Loss: +10.2 pounds
    Loss to Date: 37.6 pounds

Welp, I should add this was not a fasting weight and I ate like crap again today but I am all prepared for this week. I work for the next 9 days so it will be much easier to stay on track. I am also working mostly at the hospital which keeps me going all the time. I also bought a gallon jug to make sure I get my water intake in so that will be part of my goals for this week. We have a big ice machine so as long as I have ice it shouldn't be an issue.

The only issue I see, and it won't be much of an issue is our Halloween party here at home. I work the actual day of Halloween so I told the kids we would celebrate with spooky treats and a small party the night before. I am not a huge sweets person so it won't be that bad and I can throw down on some mummy dogs lol.

Goals for this week:
    *Lose 8 pounds
    *Get 10,000 steps every day
    *Drink at least half a gallon of water daily (good starting point for me)
    *Try to incorporate some form of exercise in daily. (even on hospitals days even if not much)

• lelbarou
    lelbarou Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    My name is Laura (Lelbarou)
    Thanks for the intro Megan.
    Nice to meet everyone. I have been on MFP back and forth, but I am pretty determined this time to make a lifestyle and weighloss change in my life. I live in Toronto, Ontario and I teach Adult ESL (English as a Second Language). I have been out of work, but am planning on applying for some jobs. I might actually have now a part time job with the government as a covid tracer.

Anyway, I have been overweight pretty much all my life. Since I was maybe 7-8 years of age.
    It is something I have definitely struggled with all my adult life. Lately, it has taken a toll on my knees and breathing etc. so I really feel it's time to do something serious.

I don't know what my specific goalds are but I will give some genneral ones I guess.
    Goals for this week.
    Lose 5 pounds.
    Walk 20-30 miutes every day
    Try to increase intermittant fasting time

I hope everyone has a nice night.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Welcome Laura ... nice to see you here .... I am the temporary co captain of this team along with our captain @lindamtuck2018 ....I am also a Moderator ...do not hesitate to ask questions we are here for you .... Would you be interested in joining our step challenge for November ? All you do is post your steps and I put it on the spread sheet ...at the end of each week I post the top 3 steppers :)
  • lelbarou
    lelbarou Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Sure. I will join the step challenge. :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    lelbarou wrote: »
    Sure. I will join the step challenge. :)

You are welcome to start tomorrow if you would like ...so it will be from 10/25 -10/31 then we go to November... I will add you to the list ...Glad you decided to join :)
  • ScorpioGirl70
    ScorpioGirl70 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Check in for 10/25/2020
    ScorpioGirl70
    Weigh In Day: Friday

Steps 2392
This discussion has been closed.