TEAM: The Slimsons (November)

Options
AB0215
AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
edited October 2020 in Social Groups
Welcome to the Challenge new and returning teammates!! This is the conversation/weigh in thread for your Team :) Keep on losing because our first weigh ins begin THIS Sunday! I am here for you should you need anything - simply message me or tag me by putting an '@' just before my username (NO SPACES) and I will get to you asap! ~ Ashley @AB0215.

Replies

• Jen_967
    Jen_967 Posts: 1,919 Member
    Options
    Hi returning and new members of Team Slimsons! I’m the captain along with @AB0215 . I have been dealing with weight issues my whole life. I have lost 56lbs and have about 50 lbs to go. This team is amazing and very supportive. Any Questions? Please don’t hesitate to ask. 😁
  • vicky2767
    vicky2767 Posts: 2,472 Member
    Options
    Hi guys. Glad to be back for nov. This is a great group. As always I thank you for having me.
  • Bemybestby60
    Bemybestby60 Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Here is to November. Happy to be part of the Slimsons.
  • gjaholy33
    gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Welcome Team Slimsons - New and old members to November Challenge!

MY INTRO

My name is Gloria, 41 yrs old, been at this weightloss journey since 2004. It's been a long uphill battle but I refuse to give up until I meet my long time goal of 200lbs.

Over the past few years I've been diagnosed with asthma which has overlapped into COPD ergo the oxygen continously, gastroenteritis, hiatal hernia, acid reflux, pulmonary hypertension, osteoarthritis, sleep apnea, high blood pressure, chronic pain in back and knees.

I am currently under the care of a Baraitric doctor (non-surgical) @Atrium Health Weight Loss Center who has been monitoring my eating habits using MYFITNESSPAL app. Over the last ten months she has shown me what I was doing wrong, by pointing out my Protein needs to be 30g per meal and my carbs should be no more than 70g per day. Under her guidance I finally see the scale going down consistently (as long as I follow those guidelines) and have REVERSED MY DIABETES YAY. It's great to have a doctor that is not interested in surgery but what is best for the patient.

***Succeeded losing 7lbs and 59 inches overall for October YAY!👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽💪🏾💪🏾🎉🎉🎉🎉***

NOVEMBER GOALS:
    1. Lose at 2-3lbs every week
    2. Weigh & Measure on Mondays
    3. Meal prep weekly
    4. Exercise at least 3x a week minimum 15 minutes
    5. Track and journal my experience to see where improvements can be made
    6. Intermittent fasting 16:8/18:6 from 6pm-11am

**My 2nd small milestone is to reach 475.9lbs by my birthday Dec. 31. I currently weigh 499.6lbs as of 10/29/2020.

Looking forward to reading everyone's post and know we will have a successful month. We're in this together 💪🏾❤
  • southgirl94
    southgirl94 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    Found it, finally! Hi, I’m Leah. I am 26 years old and dealt with weight issues for as long as I remember. I am considered for my 5’0” frame is “obese”. I know I’ll never be 120 lbs, but I’m prefer to lose 15-25 pounds, getting me closer to 150-155 lbs. I have been diagnosed with PCOS and a BRCA 2 gene mutation, including my chances of infertility and cancer, respectively. Getting into shape, exercising, will help with my depression and my physical pain (left knee and foot, mainly). My current weight, as of today, is 180 lbs.
  • Kin59vara
    Kin59vara Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Weekly Weigh-in
    PW: 167.7
    CW: 167.8

Having been in quarantine my exercise has not been the greatest.
  • Kin59vara
    Options
    Daily Post: Sunday
    Track: yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: Daily Burn, 7735 steps
  • WMEJA
    WMEJA Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    WMEJA
    Sunday weigh in
    PW 219.1
    CW 217.4
  • WMEJA
    WMEJA Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Daily post I can't believe it's NOVEMBER already.. Congratulations to the people who are in the winners circle I've been inconsistent with posting so I don't belong there but working on being better. New month new start? Let's hope so. But I did lose weight 2lbs woohoo! Here is my post for today:
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
  • walk4today
    walk4today Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Daily Post
    Sunday
    Calories, yes, over
    Exercise: yes
    I'm aiming for more and better losses in November and to break my pattern of yo-yo-ing. Made the mistake of bringing Halloween candy into the house today and went way over on my calories. Whoops! Back on track tomorrow. Happy birthday in advance to fellow Scorpios!
  • southgirl94
    southgirl94 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    Nov Wk 1 - Sun, 11/1

Calories: Under
    Exercise: Picture hanging and laundry folding?

Woke up with an eye infection. The swelling’s blurred my vision. I think I’ll be in bed early tonight.
  • Bemybestby60
    Bemybestby60 Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Daily Post Saturday
    Track yes
    Calories and over
    Exercise yes
  • Jen_967
    Options
    Daily Post
    Sunday
    Calories: under
    Exercise: Not today

I can't believe it's November already. Since I have felt like a yo-yo with my weight loss for the last few months, I have decided to change my weigh-in day to Wednesday. I hope by switching it up it will help.
  • schlerin
    schlerin Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Sunday
    Week 1
    PW: 197.4
    CW: 200.6
  • Jen_967
    Options
    October Week 5 results are now posted in the October chat thread.

Congratulations to everyone!
  • Kin59vara
    Options
    Daily Post:
    Calories: under
    Exercise: Daily Burn, 10929
  • RetroJoe28
    RetroJoe28 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Been with the group since last January always fun. Last month i did no alcohol and lost 11 lbs i think ill try to keep to that or maybe just one or 2 here and there. November is a food month and i hope i can control it at the end :) good luck all this month and god bless
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    WMEJA wrote: »
    Daily post I can't believe it's NOVEMBER already.. Congratulations to the people who are in the winners circle I've been inconsistent with posting so I don't belong there but working on being better. New month new start? Let's hope so. But I did lose weight 2lbs woohoo! Here is my post for today:
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes

Congrats on your weightloss. Looking forward to seeing your progress this month.
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    RetroJoe28 wrote: »
    Been with the group since last January always fun. Last month i did no alcohol and lost 11 lbs i think ill try to keep to that or maybe just one or 2 here and there. November is a food month and i hope i can control it at the end :) good luck all this month and god bless

Praying for your best this month, yeah it's a food month we have to be strong and resist.
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    Daily Post

Sunday
    Track yes
    Calories yes
    Exercise no
    Water 160oz
    Goals/comments I slept the day away as my back was killing me from overdoing it yesterday with my meal prep (personal pizzas and stuff peppers) I getting better at moving around doing things for myself but couldn't do it all but did most of it so proud of me despite the pain
This discussion has been closed.