Daily check-in for keto friends... volume 3

Options

Replies

• elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    Still here, @4031isaiah , still chipping away at the obstacles, sabotage or what ever. Getting closer, recently, by focusing on ways to be reinvested:
    Moving more, logging faithfully, putting together a great keto day here and there...
    Trying to get a big fat snowball rolling again.
    I will do this.
    How are you doing???

• 4031isaiah
    4031isaiah Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    Same. I let the pandemic get the better of me for several months and undid all of the work I’ve done in the past. I’m even further away from goal now than ever before but am finally putting measures in place to get back on track for good.
  • elize7
    Options

@4031isaiah We got to do this thing!

I've started with trying to increase my steps, little by little. I'm hoping as I get more stamina and get my numbers up, the food part will be easier due to inspiration. I got so out if shape and can barely walk a mile(about 2300 steps for me) but I'm doing it. That's up from 500 steps at the beginning of last month.
    As for weight....sadly I'm back in the big girl range. No longer svelte at all.
    I keep trying to remind myself how great it felt to be doing keto. My body felt good and I had sooooo much energy. I really miss that.
    I really need to get this going.
  • stephtra49
    stephtra49 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    New to this! But today was good! I’m just going to post because I want to be accountable & I know if I check in here I will do better! Tomorrow I will be setting my goals for November!
  • stephtra49
    Options
    Happy Halloween 👻!
    Good day! Went grocery shopping got healthy foods and have set a MINI GOAL for the 1st week of November!
  • stephtra49
    Options
    OMG I just made some Keto Wonder Bread! Wow I’m impressed! I think it will be a good item for my sandwich’s during the week!
    I’m going to buy some coconut flour & see how well I like it made with it!
  • stephtra49
    Options
    Had a GREAT DAY! Stayed under my calorie intake, got my water drank & not craving junk foods right now! 💃🏻💃🏻
  • 4031isaiah
    4031isaiah Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    stephtra49 wrote: »
    OMG I just made some Keto Wonder Bread! Wow I’m impressed! I think it will be a good item for my sandwich’s during the week!
    I’m going to buy some coconut flour & see how well I like it made with it!

Keto wonder bread?
  • stephtra49
    Options
    @4031isaiah
    Keto wonder bread

3 Tbsp almond flour
    1Tbsp mayonnaise
    1egg
    1/2 tsp baking powder
    1 tsp water
    Mix well & cook 1/2 batter on a mini waffle maker, 3ish minutes, repeat with remaining batter!

Yummy 😋 !
  • stephtra49
    Options
    @4031isaiah if you look on pinterest you can find lots of different recepits for Chaffles they look really yummy.
  • Nana_Booboo
    Nana_Booboo Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Great day. 30+mins activity. Hit Daily macros. Total carbs <10 grams with TONS of fiber. “Cha cha chia Chia”

How are you?
  • stephtra49
    Options
    @Nana_Booboo Great! How are you doing? I’m just plugging away trying to stay sane! 😆 Bought myself a new Apple Watch ⌚️ so now I have to make myself get up and get this weight off and get back into shape.
  • Nana_Booboo
    Nana_Booboo Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I love my Apple Watch. I love the Attain app. I have a daily “burn” goal - gets me going every day.
  • elize7
    Options
    Don't want to jump the gun with enthusiasm, but I've been on plan for 4 days now. That is a long stretch for me right now. It's been so hard that I feel like every waking moment I'm fighting binge urges, but I've resisted. Every. Waking. Moment!
    Tomorrow is the biggest challenge for me emotionally. Crossing my fingers that I get through it. If so, I may be able to get a good, solid keto thing going.
    I need to remember that most weight loss occurs from kitchen decisions. I think I've been placing my focus elsewhere for too long.
    Hope I can do this. It's been too long since I felt good about making things happen in my life.
    Wish me luck, pals!
  • stephtra49
    Options
    @elize7 You’ve got this! I tried being 💯 keto but it is hard! So I’ve been doing macros instead & have been pretty good with staying around 10-15% in carbs! Sometimes I go up but for the most part I’ve been pretty good!
    Best of luck friend.
  • Sarag78
    Sarag78 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Having a frustrating couple of days. Anyone ever accidentally kick themselves out of ketosis, but don’t know how? I use a blood ketone monitor, and had been sitting around a .9~. I usually test before dinner. Last night, I was at .4, and this morning at .2. I’m just not sure what happened. The only thing I have eaten out of my normal was a gas station lunch of a meat and cheese pack, and some spicy pickles. I read the labels and they seemed fine. I also had a diet dr. Pepper for the first time in forever. So frustrating!!!
  • elize7
    Options
    Still working out the kinks with my new food plan, but having more and more successes.
    I'm increasing my step number totals gradually and steadily. Still haven''t reached a solid level of endurance, so some days after a good stretch, I just need to reboot with a couch potato day or two.

I'm mostly hovering somewhere inbetween LC and keto at this point. Still want to go full on keto for many reasons, but I'm thrilled with overall progress over the last few months. Getting closer every day, even feeling some small rumblings of motivation and excitement resurfacing.
    Have a great day, pals!
  • stephtra49
    Options
    I’m back! After my dad passing a month ago and then having shoulder surgery,I haven’t been doing what I should have been doing. I’m back & ready to get myself back on track & get this weight off! I go back to work tomorrow & life will start back to being some what normal again. HERES TO A NEW & BETTER YEA & ME!😊
  • KristinLeeD
    KristinLeeD Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Made zucchini lasagne last night with zucchini sliced in the mandoline instead of lasagne noodles. Didn't even miss the noodles, which was a win!

vt1plvqor2kr.jpg
    4llfaflgsvek.jpg

This discussion has been closed.