Mission Slimpossible - November 2020 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Good morning Slimpossibles!! <3I have the task of doing this week's F2F challenge and it would make me so very happy to see all of you sharing your amazing ideas on how you plan to enjoy the holidays and still stay on track. Let's show the other teams how it's done!! :grin:

7m6kkzc1cmjl.jpg

WEEK FOUR CHALLENGE IS UP AND READY FOR YOUR PARTICIPATION!! B)

This week’s challenge is all about food swaps that will keep us on track during the holidays but also allow us to enjoy every moment of them! Please click the link and let’s get to sharing our favorite ways to swap!
    FOOD SWAPS FOR BETTER HEALTH
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,890 Member
    Options
    @adhmrh I love that kind of Saturday morning, too! I'm glad you enjoyed the article that I shared. Thanks for your support! <3 Adding strength training is a great idea, it's so good for you. Good luck! You've got this, too!

@TeresaW1020 I do not have a plan ready but I am going to journal about it today and hopefully figure something out. Your game is fun, I'm sure your party will be a hit! I like your Thanksgiving plan and that you are planning ahead.

Hi all. I am generally not a daily weigher but I decided to start doing daily weigh-ins to stop the gains. Hopefully, it helps. I'm having a leisurely day today: doing a lot of reading and enjoying my day off.

Saturday:
    Calories: over/under: over
    Water: over/under: under
    Exercise: walk
    - track 90% of food intake - 100% accomplished
    - drink 2 (26 oz) bottles of water a day - 50% accomplished
    - meditate for at least 5 minutes a day - not accomplished
  • adhmrh
    adhmrh Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 I loved your story. Had to giggle. A box of post it notes - :D:D

@trooworld enjoy the reading. One of my favorite things is a good book, coffee and a fire in the the fireplace!!

@TwistedSassette a 14hr IF is great. It is interesting that once our bodies get use to it it becomes much easier. I set my “food alarm” for 14hrs, then strive for 15-16. 😊

@SammyDee2015 no midnight snacks - awesome!!! Loved your consistency quote!!!

Hope everyone has a wonderful week. With Thanksgiving coming up I’m trying to be super good with food leading up so I can enjoy a few favorites (in small quantities) on Thursday!!!

Saturday/Sunday check in:

log every bite of food: yes/yes
    -6,000+ steps: yes/yes
    -30 minutes of exercise: yes/no
    -drink 96oz of water: yes/no
    -spend time in Bible study and prayer: yes/yes
    -no sugar: yes/yes
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,890 Member
    Options
    @TwistedSassette You are welcome! LOL I am actually doing the opposite of focusing less on the scale this week: I am focusing MORE on it by weighing daily. I think I have had the opposite problem and not thinking about the scale much. It sounds like it is a good, healthy idea for you to not focus on the scale though. I agree, consistency is so key and so hard to accomplish! That's interesting that you are doing IF without even meaning to. Good luck this week!

@adhmrh I love to read and I agree with you, coffee, a good book, and a fireplace is a dream! I don't have a fireplace but I sometimes put on one of those fireplace videos on my TV and listen to the fire crackle. When we bought our condo, I was hoping that it would have a fireplace but that didn't work out. It's good you are thinking about Thanksgiving. I am, too!

Hi all. I have to go to the job site today (as opposed to working remotely like I usually do) and then I am off the rest of the week woo hoo! I have to start cooking tomorrow for Thanksgiving. I hope you have a great day!

Sunday:
    Calories: over/under: under
    Water: over/under: even
    Exercise: ----
    - track 90% of food intake - 100% accomplished
    - drink 2 (26 oz) bottles of water a day - 100% accomplished
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 – It’s great to hear that you’ve discovered the right eating style for yourself and congrats on your loss. And Post-Its are perfection! I have so many different colors and sizes and boring ones and plain ones. My boss doesn’t even question when I have them on my office supply orders. He knows Post Its and pens keep me very happy. I hope you have an awesome party. I find it super fun to plan parties, but I don’t like actually doing everything :smile:

@gwamajtw91 – Hugs. I’m right there with you.

@bethanie0825 – Congrats on the PT job. I hear you about debt. I’m on Dave Ramsey baby step 2. Feels like it’s going to take forever, even though my debt reduction spreadsheet tells me it’ll just be 18 months. I hope you enjoyed the mountains!

@digger61 – Nice job!

@Firefly743 – Good job on keeping it so close!

@apple852hk – A loss is still a loss, though. I’d call that a win!

@trooworld – Thank you for the article. It definitely resonates with me. I hope you’re able to enjoy all the cooking and prep work for Thanksgiving.

@TwistedSassette – I’m glad you’ve been doing good with your exercise. I know I’m late to the game, but nice job on your work physical. I can’t believe you have to do all that stuff that the miners do, too. But you did it!

@SammyDee2015 – OMGoodness. Your quote is perfect. Thank you. It’s going in my weight loss journey journal!

@itsmegina – Way to stay consistent right before Thanksgiving!
  • TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,590 Member
    Options
    @SammyDee2015 What a great quote!! I love it.

@trooworld I also weigh daily - I actually find that weighing more often makes me focus on the scale less. Sounds counter-intuitive, but I think it's seeing those daily fluctuations that helps me to make connections between what I eat & when, how much I move, and what the scale shows. Before I started weighing daily, it was weekly, and I would work so hard all week only to see a gain on the scale, which was just frustrating and would make me just want to give up altogether because it obviously wasn't working. But more often than not, it was likely just a spike from water retention etc. which, if I'd weighed the day before, I would have known! Anyways, it's working for me so I hope that you can gain some sanity around it!

@buniphuphu Poor Dory! That really sucks. I can't believe how inconsiderate people are! I'm sure you'll find some other workout options soon, there are loads of good low-impact options!!
    P.S. I like the idea of breaking weight loss goals down into chunks as well. My current goal is 130kg.

@anido1 Great weigh in!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Well, yesterday didn't really go to plan. I had an awful night's sleep the night before (maybe 4 hours if I was lucky) so I had a splitting headache all day. It turned out to be a cool, stormy kind of day, so no pool. I got home from work to find my parents at my house for an unplanned visit - which was great! I hardly ever see them even though they only live 100km away. After they left to go home, my brother's girlfriend turned up to use our WiFi as her internet has been down for nearly two weeks and she was still waiting on a technician to fix it (the joys of living in a rural area - no technicians within a half day's drive so they wait until they have a few jobs to do!). My hubby used to work in IT so we offered to go take a look for her. He managed to fix it by replacing some wiring in the wall socket which had corroded, so that was great - but by the time we got home it was 7pm. We skipped the toddler's bath, just fed him dinner and got him off to bed, then it was kind of too late to cook a proper dinner so it was just ham on toast for us! By the time that was done, I was just about falling asleep in my chair so I went off to bed. No exercise whatsoever, but I did end with a deficit anyway.

This morning I completely overslept. I vaguely remember turning off my alarm, next thing I know it's after 6am and I'm running late! Managed to get to work only 10 mins late (we have flexible hours so they don't really care anyway). Feeling a lot better than yesterday so I guess I really needed a good sleep!!

100 DAY CHALLENGE GOALS
    Day 62: Monday 23 November
    1. Log calories eaten: Yes - 41/62
    2. 20 mins exercise: No - 37/62
    3. Record a calorie deficit: Yes - 32/62
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @vegan4lyfe2012 I love planning parties but like you, I don’t like having to do everything myself. However, I find it best to have someone who is equally as detailed as I am, which this year my associate's pastor’s wife is my party co-host and she is a woman after my own heart! ;) I love how happy you sound when you get to spend time with your son. And yes, it can be overwhelming when we have a lot to lose. I’ve lost over 70 lbs now and I wouldn’t have made it if I had focused on the big number. I still have another 30 I want to lose and I will continue to just focus on 5 lbs at a time. You need to do this also! :)

@buniphuphu YES to focusing on the smaller goals and not the big ones where you are at some goal weight that still feels unobtainable. I bet our members who have lost a lot of weight and have kept it off will have some wise words for us who still have a ways to go. :)

@TwistedSassette I’m the same as you with why I weigh every day. I tried to give up my scale for a month and lasted three weeks and then had to beg my hubby to give it back to me. It made me much crazier to not know the number than it does now. For me, it’s just data and I focus on the overall trend and not the daily number, which like you said to @trooworld can fluctuate so much. I use the Happy Scale app which also tracks my weekly average. Have you tried that one? :)

Hi Team! The last two days have been busy. I did some Christmas shopping for my mom and friends and the stores around here were packed. This morning I got up early and went to Aldis and will go to Walmart tomorrow early and finish up this week’s shopping before the stores get mobbed. A friend of mine, who I haven’t seen in years was selling puzzles on FB Marketplace so I hooked up with her and bought 4 awesome puzzles, 2-2000 pieces and 1-1500 pieces. All for $20! :grin: We finally got the last of our landscaping done in our backyard and it looks so nice. We planted 4 pink Azaleas, 2 red flowering Pieris, 5 pink Muhly grasses, and one oak leaf Hydrangea that is supposed to get huge. We also got all new dark brown mulch around the whole house. I’m happy that it got all done in time for my Christmas party! B)

NEW YEAR CHALLENGE: 39 Days until January 1st
    1.Fast Clean: I fasted 19 hours today.
    2.Workout: . I didn’t work out today because I managed to hurt my back yesterday so I took today off to rest and it seems to have helped.
    3.Eat on plan: I ate on plan today.
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,007 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    @katmary71- leftover turkey freezes well and you can make all sorts of soups with your leftovers. I'm sorry you had to go to the ER. I hope that someone will be able to help you soon. Healthcare is not the way it should be.

@buniphuphu - I'm so disappointed to hear about your swimming fiasco. I really hope you can find something else that works for you. Hugs!

@trooworld- your posts are really speaking to me because I feel I've been where you've been many times in the last couple years. In 2017- I did a diabetes prevention program with my health insurance- was supposed to learn portion control and more. 1 year. Zero weight loss. In 2018 I joined WW (which has worked for me in the past) and joined a crossfit exercise program. 6 months. 7 pounds weight loss. Been on here since January- 8 pounds weight loss. At this point, I'm finally seeing a tiny bit of progress. I got very inspired by @AustinRuadhain who said that she approached her weight loss as a science experiment- goals like "wait to have a candy bar" eventually added up to a huge weight loss for her. And @raleighgirl09 who says that the process involves relaxing certain behaviors and then tightening them up again over and over. Two things I know- If I'm not trying, I'm gaining- BIG. Like 10+ pounds big before I notice and put some brakes on. 2. Even if you are not losing, you may be doing better on the health scale. You may be doing better with exercise or other things that still benefit you even if you are not losing. At this point, I feel the whole process is like stacking up stones correctly- you get going so far and then some fall off and your have to fix them. I think there are times you feel like you can't do it- it will never happen no matter how hard you try. Right now, I feel like I can do it. I'm sure the day will come again when I trip up and feel like I can't. When you joined this group, you felt like you could. I know you can! Hang in there girl!
This discussion has been closed.