Downsizers - December 2020 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• scribb
    scribb Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Just got back from a 4 hour and 33 minute walk ... walked 10.28 miles and my foot is killing me ...on the couch the rest of the day for me

Damn that is a long walk. Keep that up, and I will see you on my door step lol
  • scribb
    Options
    Steps 12/3: 16,736

Great step number
  • scribb
    Options
    Hi all
    Hope you are all well.
    Today steps; 45 mins step cardio.low impact.

Well done
  • scribb
    Options
    Just got back from 3 hours and 24 minute walk ...which was 8.17 miles :)

That is one hell of a walk
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,517 Member
    Options
    Megan_smartiepants1970
    Weigh in -Fridays
    PW 232.9
    CW 230.8 (-2.1 lbs)
    LTD: 38.2

I am happy for a loss ... but the only reason I lost was because I barely ate 1200 calories yesterday ... I was definitely not hungry yesterday ... I had a salad for lunch and a bacon sandwich for dinner and my ice coffee after dinner ....

Happy Friday Everyone

Take the loss and celebrate 🎉

Hi all
    Hope you are all well.

Have a good weekend!

scribb wrote: »
    From Thursday 12/3/20

Steps 13,5969
    Exercise min 66
    Stand hours 14
    Lifting 35 min

Today I am up to 18,131 steps so far

Your steps are awesome!
  • scribb
    Options
    Megan_smartiepants1970
    Weigh in -Fridays
    PW 232.9
    CW 230.8 (-2.1 lbs)
    LTD: 38.2

I am happy for a loss ... but the only reason I lost was because I barely ate 1200 calories yesterday ... I was definitely not hungry yesterday ... I had a salad for lunch and a bacon sandwich for dinner and my ice coffee after dinner ....

Happy Friday Everyone

Take the loss and celebrate 🎉

Hi all
    Hope you are all well.

Have a good weekend!

scribb wrote: »
    From Thursday 12/3/20

Steps 13,5969
    Exercise min 66
    Stand hours 14
    Lifting 35 min

Today I am up to 18,131 steps so far

Your steps are awesome!

Thank you so much for the kind words.
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Daily Post December 3
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 128oz
    Steps 9181
    Exercise 40mins treadmill

I let it get too late last night and didn't feel like working out at all. Good thing I've got this group and all these amazing people to report to! You guys got me off the couch haha. I did some jogging/walking intervals and got the rest of my steps in after 40 minutes.
  • iradi8
    iradi8 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    12/3 steps 11,813
  • Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Logged food:
    Over calories today(including exercise calories) by 170 :(
    Drank 120 oz water
    Lifted weights for 30 minutes, walked on treadmill for 40 minutes at 3.3 mph pace

Put on Christmas music to listen to while exercising. Was still not feeling like exercise today. Just felt really heavy but know it is stress. Had an argument with a family member. Normallt, this would get me down but realized it was their issues and not mine. Ate way too much at dinner when dining with others. Need a strategy to prevent overeating when in social situations.

Wishing everyone a safe and happy weekend.
  • ScorpioGirl70
    ScorpioGirl70 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    oh and today's steps are awful only 896 steps. :(
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018

Weigh-In:

Username: mari_moulin
    Weigh In Day: Saturday
    Weigh In Week: 1
    Previous Weight: 194.8
    Current Weight: 194.2
    Loss to Date: 144.5

@Megan_smartiepants1970

Steps:

Sunday - 13,286
    Monday - 16,426
    Tuesday - 16,590
    Wednesday - 11,684
    Thursday - 15,066
    Friday - 13,727
  • lelbarou
    lelbarou Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Check in For Dec. 3 (Friday)
    Logging - yes.
    Exercise - no. Kind of a lazy/sleepy day
    Steps - 0 (forgot to wear fitbit, but actually not many steps I'm sure)

Dec. 4
    Logging - yes
    Exercise - yes
    Steps - 1014

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Dec. 3 steps - 0
    Dec. 4 steps - 1014

So, I have to read through the posts and respond to some.
    I got a book yesterday and I am just flying through it. It's called " The Love Mindset".
    Wow! It's really good. I came upon some of her quotes and then I got the book from the library and it's excellent. Mainly about self-love and love in general.

I finally got an interview for a job coming up this coming Thursday. I have been getting more supply work, but it's just not enough.

I hope everyone is doing well and wish you a very happy Saturday and weekend.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Tazaria87 wrote: »
    Daily Post December 3
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 128oz
    Steps 9181
    Exercise 40mins treadmill

I let it get too late last night and didn't feel like working out at all. Good thing I've got this group and all these amazing people to report to! You guys got me off the couch haha. I did some jogging/walking intervals and got the rest of my steps in after 40 minutes.

It’s good to hear the group is helping.

4th December

* Track/ under calories/no restricting - ✔️✔️✔️
    * 2L water ✔️
    * "fresh air" count- 15 ✔️
    * midnight bedtime ✔️
    * Awake and out of bed by 9am ✔️
    Steps- 13,095

Workouts- 5 out of 4 for the week ✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️

Wow I really didn't think I was going to get my steps in today! I was feeling so rough today- mix of emotionally and physically (after yesterday's poopy day I guess lol) So at 6 I decided to do some dancing. WELL. After that I found some energy! I showed my wife how to do some things on the wii fit (which I'm jealous she can do cus I still can't workout on it yet because of my weight) and we did a 10 minute free-step together, I put some dance music on and I stepped to the side of her. It was fun!

I did weigh myself on the wii fit today- and it works! But once I put on my workout clothes and have a glass of water, I am too heavy :( So give it a few days I guess!

I am going to try and do some exercise in the morning again- even if it's just for half an hour- see if that's why I was feeling so bad, maybe I was just having an off day. We shall see.

Tomorrow I'll have to do some cleaning too, I didn't do much at all today. Even though I did get out of bed before 9am! I was even in bed by 11 last night, but I was tossing and turning til nearly 1am! Hopefully my sleep will improve.

Anyway so I am officially enrolled in school! Paid and signed up today. I only signed up for 1 course to see how I go. There's a compulsort Mathematics module- Introduction to Statistics. I signed up for that because I was actually going to do a BSc in Mathematical Sciences years ago but the foundation year threw me- I had to do a lot of engineering modules (most of the foundation year students were going into engineering so it was mostly catered to them) and because of those modules I failed. But the maths stuff I was great at- always enjoyed the subject. So once I finish that course, I will maybe go to another one or 2. Just need to get a routine going there. I'm scared AND excited!

Anyhoo, the wife and I are going to chill and watch some TV before bed.

Stay safe all <3

I hope you feel better today. That is very exciting on starting school.

Logged food:
    Over calories today(including exercise calories) by 170 :(
    Drank 120 oz water
    Lifted weights for 30 minutes, walked on treadmill for 40 minutes at 3.3 mph pace

Put on Christmas music to listen to while exercising. Was still not feeling like exercise today. Just felt really heavy but know it is stress. Had an argument with a family member. Normallt, this would get me down but realized it was their issues and not mine. Ate way too much at dinner when dining with others. Need a strategy to prevent overeating when in social situations.

Wishing everyone a safe and happy weekend.

Eating when with a group is tough. If at a restaurant ask for a takeout container and put 1/2 your meal in it before you start eating. How is your boyfriend?

Scorpiogirl70
    Checkin 12/4/2020

Weigh in Day is Fridays
    PW: 211.2 pounds
    CW: 211.2 pounds
    Loss: No difference

Weight when starting this journey was 260 pounds
    Overall Loss: 49 pounds
    I started MFP: December 20, 2019 weighing 228
    Overall Loss since starting MFP: 17 pounds

I did test positive for covid. No wonder I haven't had the energy to do much of anything this past week. Mine seems to be mild compared to many... basically sinus issues, which I have every year anyway, but with that extra fatigued, mild headache, back and neck ache, not really pain just nagging ache. No fever though, at least not yet. Each day I feel more icky, so ready to start feeling better each day.

My son, has a good day then the next day feels like crap.
    I also found out my uncle tested positive and he went to the hospital for issues with breathing, but is now home.
    Thanks to those who sent well wishes and checked in with me. I don't expect to have hard issues with this, it definitely isn't going to help with my weightloss journey.

I hope you and your son recover quickly. Hugs!

@lindamtuck2018

Weigh-In:

Username: mari_moulin
    Weigh In Day: Saturday
    Weigh In Week: 1
    Previous Weight: 194.8
    Current Weight: 194.2
    Loss to Date: 144.5

@Megan_smartiepants1970

Steps:

Sunday - 13,286
    Monday - 16,426
    Tuesday - 16,590
    Wednesday - 11,684
    Thursday - 15,066
    Friday - 13,727

Nice loss Mari!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    lelbarou wrote: »
    Check in For Dec. 3 (Friday)
    Logging - yes.
    Exercise - no. Kind of a lazy/sleepy day
    Steps - 0 (forgot to wear fitbit, but actually not many steps I'm sure)

Dec. 4
    Logging - yes
    Exercise - yes
    Steps - 1014

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Dec. 3 steps - 0
    Dec. 4 steps - 1014

So, I have to read through the posts and respond to some.
    I got a book yesterday and I am just flying through it. It's called " The Love Mindset".
    Wow! It's really good. I came upon some of her quotes and then I got the book from the library and it's excellent. Mainly about self-love and love in general.

I finally got an interview for a job coming up this coming Thursday. I have been getting more supply work, but it's just not enough.

I hope everyone is doing well and wish you a very happy Saturday and weekend.

I must check and see if that book is available on kindle unlimited. Good luck with your interview!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Friday’s check in
    Calories: over
    Water:✅
    Steps: 2,480
    Sleep: ❌
    DBF: 1

Yesterday I did my Christmas shopping for my husband. He is the hardest person in the world to shop for. I was over 3 hours shopping online. I won’t get a walk in today as we grocery shop this morning and the pain gets to bad.

Have a great weekend!
  • lelbarou
    lelbarou Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    @ScorpioGirl70
    I'm so sorry with your testing positive for Covid. I'm glad your symptoms aren't too bad, but probably a lot of rest and fluids are good right now I imagine. I hope you have a speedy recovery and that symptoms decrease quickly.

@Beautyofdreams
    I think that's really amazing that you exercised though you didn't feel like it. I know when I feel badly that I want to eat. Not sure if you are the same? Anyway, glad you realized it was the other person's issue. It doesn't sound like you overate by very much going out. But maybe a good strategy is to get the menu online ahead of time and plan exactly what you will get.

@littleflutterby
    Hell Tanya. That is wonderful that you worked out even though you weren't really feeling it. It sounds like it's becoming a real habit. Congrats starting your courses! Math is my least favorite subject! But I'm happy to hear you like it and I imagine very good at it as well. I should be a fun course for you.

@Tazaria87
    WOW! That's three people in a row who didn't feel like exercising but did it anyway. I am seeing a pattern here! Wow! Firstly, I think it's great that you feel accountable and supported. I do as well! I imagine it is also becoming just a part of your daily lifestyle.

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Amazing! Your walks are so astounding! It really is impressive. I think it's great you lost some weight and that amount does not come just from one low calorie day. I think it comes from all your hard work in terms of working out and eating well. So, congratulations and enjoy! Yay!

@scribb and @28Haveitall2020
    Both of your are doing outstanding work in the area of your steps and fitness.
    That is really inspirational. Great job!

This discussion has been closed.