Shrinking Assets - December 2020 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• imgwendolyn2015
    imgwendolyn2015 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    @heatherbluebell i struggle with the cravings for crap too. I eat a little and I want more and more. That is why I do better with not having any at all. My mind/body doesn't understand moderation. What's nice though is that if I can break the cycle and just stop eating it for a day it seems to help me get back to making better choices. I hope that you continue to feel better and get your groove back. Be kind to yourself. Take care.
  • lckiehl
    lckiehl Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    @heatherbluebell I have been really struggling with cravings as well. I had a week of bad eating and not tracking and it was SO hard to break out of that cycle. Last night all I wanted was a beer (or 3) and chocolate. I forced myself to keep drinking water and worked to let it pass. I hate that feeling. I think your gain is probably a lot of water weight from sodium intake. You've got this! Such a hard time of year to be consistent, especially with all of the social restrictions you have mentioned in prior posts. Cheering you along :)
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    Beka3695
    Saturday
    Pw: 167.8
    CW: 171.0
    +3.2

I guess I’m riding the see saw!!!
  • carriestrine
    carriestrine Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Carriestrine
    Weigh in Fridays
    PW: 193.4
    CW: 194.8
    LTD: 39.2 lb
  • Beka3695
    Options
    Question of the day:

What do you struggle most with during the holidays?
  • Beka3695
    Options
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    Question of the day:

Mine is all of it!

I have officially boycotted Christmas. I do not decorate or buy gifts. I’ve dwindled to this over the last few years. This is my first year that I’m in a 100% boycott. I will make breakfast Christmas morning.

Boycotting does lessen the stress, but it does not eliminate it. I have decided to allow myself some space for the remainder of the year and back on it hard and heavy 1/1!!!!
  • Beka3695
    Options
  • lckiehl
    lckiehl Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Question of the day:

I definitely struggle with saying no - to anything...to great food, to alcohol as a social lubricant, to doing everything everybody else needs me to do instead of what's best for my health and wellness.
  • bigblues11
    bigblues11 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    BigBlues11
    Friday
    PW 157.9
    CW 158.8 (+.9 pnds)
    TLD -65.2 pnds

Considering I had a long four day weekend of birthday celebrations, I'm okay with this :)
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Question of the day:

There isn't a real "set" dinner Christmas day it's more a set up w/veggies, fruit smoked fish, cookies, turkey w/cream cheese wrapped w/onion, veggie pizza, meatballs. It's a smorgasbord and it's hard to track b/c it just seems I graze plus drinks which usually is vodka/sour or Truly.....I try to do my best every year and it's a struggle even Christmas Eve too after opening presents by my inlaws it's all set up like that and it's like 8:30-9PM
  • cre804
    cre804 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Cre804
    PW 198.5
    CW 199.5

I’m not happy with this direction. I know some of it is sodium, and I’ve had some killer workouts this week that left me quite sore and likely retaining fluid from that as well. But I’ve pretty much given up tracking and I’ve eaten way too many sweets. It’s a stressful time of year for me, but it’s past time I implemented what I call Grandma‘a Divinity Rule. If I indulge, it needs to be for special things that I don’t get very often, like my grandma's homemade divinity. Grandma is gone now, but the philosophy remains. I don’t need to be scarfing down store-bought candy, cookies and chips because those are available any time. I need to reserve my calories for those things only available this time of year. But I’ve already done enough damage with store-bought junk so I’m going to have to figure out how to have a few special treats despite my bad choices.
  • Be_theBest_Me
    Be_theBest_Me Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    My struggle is stress over money during the holidays then I turn to all the treats to feel better. Right now it's bad. Had a bill come out early and our account is in the red. Still got Christmas to buy and I'm freaking out. Tryin hard to drink water instead of eat. Trying to breathe when I start to panic! Changing negative thoughts to positive and trying to stay in the moment!! Live in the now!! Small changes!! Sticking to it and gonna have a loss for Christmas!! That's my gift to me!! I wanna lose 2lbs by Christmas morning!! I can do this focus!!!
  • leni1us
    leni1us Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    leni1us
    Friday
    PW: 170.4
    CW: 168.1

This is a rough time for a lot of us. Some are struggling with money issues, others with family issues and then there's COVID issues. I just hope to not gain over the holidays and lose at least 2 more pounds by Christmas.
  • machchic
    machchic Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Machchic
    Saturday
    PW: 155.9
    CW: 154.0

Down -1.9
  • Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Pw: 170
    Cw: 170

I will consider that a win considering the way I ate the last few days.

I used to love Xmas. Now not so much. It’s too much. Just ALL of it is too much and then it’s super stressful and I eat and eat and eat and don’t track anything and gain a ton of weight. There’s 1 week left. I wanted to be in the 160s by Xmas, but that isn’t looking good. I’ll settle for staying at 170, but I expect to gain this week.

• SisuMom2019
    SisuMom2019 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    UserName: SisuMom2019
    Weigh In Day: Friday
    PW (Previous Weight): 234
    CW (Current Weight): 233.6
    This week’s loss: .4
    LTD (Loss to Date): 23.7

Ahhh! I ate perogy pizza from Boston Pizza, drank wine and ate Christmas chocolates. I can do better.
  • heatherbluebell
    heatherbluebell Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Question of the day:

This year is different than most because I can’t see my family and do our traditional Christmas things, which causes me stress. And oddly, right now I’m stressed about how stressed I am (if that makes ANY sense lol) and that the stress is leading to falling back to habits that lead me to be 440 pounds.

Thanks @imgwendolyn2015 and @lckiehl! Both of you talked about that initial struggle to break the cycle, but that’s what you do to regain good habits. I think that’s an excellent reminder. It’ll be hard whenever I do it, but short term challenge for long term gain. I do feel a bit caught in a loop of thinking “I’ll just wait till after Christmas so I don’t have to go through this again” but I know I’ve indulged in the past and not had issues refocusing, and I should live in the present and not worry about future Heather. I need to focus on current Heather.
  • Beka3695
    Options
    Weigh in reminders:

Past due:
    @iamworthy14
    @floecity
    @boehle
    @KelGen02
This discussion has been closed.