Share your Numbers

Replies

• Dante_80
    Dante_80 Posts: 475 Member
    edited December 2020
    @bmeadows380 Don't give up, the holiday season is always brutal as far as temptation & motivation is concerned. You will get through this for sure, there are less than 12 days remaining for this blasted year to end. New year, new beginnings and resolutions. You got this!

Now, back to the European bio-sludge front :D ...Good progress this week too, I think that part of it can be attributed to some dehydration though. Not that I am complaining.

If this keeps up, I might be able to attain my goal of losing 50kg overall by New Years. Excited about that. Also, this is the first time that I will need less that 100 pounds to lose so as to become overweight.

Ok, reading this again...this sounds pretty depressing - without context. :(

But as in all things in life, context is important!! So..

SW: 177.8 kg - 392 lb (May 2020)
    GW: 69 kg - 153 lb

LW: 130.0 kg - 286.6 lb
    CW: 128.5 kg - 283.3 lb
    Variance: -1.5 kg / -3.3 lb / -1.15% TBW

OL: 49.3 kg - 108.7 lb

Weight remaining for:
    Obese class II: 17.2 kg - 38.0 lb
    Obese class I: 31.2 kg - 68.7 lb
    Overweight: 45.1 kg - 99.5 lb
    Normal: 59.1 kg - 130.2 lb

Next Milestone: 127.8 kg - 281.8 lb by 1.1.2021 (50kg OL)
    Days remaining for milestone: 12
    Weight that needs to be shed: 0.7kg - 1.6lb
  • _inHisGrace
    _inHisGrace Posts: 183 Member
    Age 45
    Height 5’1
    Sw 307.8 (8/24/2020)
    Cw 270
    Gw 105

• conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Age 45
    Height 5’1
    Sw 307.8 (8/24/2020)
    Cw 270
    Gw 105

Way to go!...I knew you could do this!
  • Dante_80
    edited December 2020
    Age 37
    Height 5’9"
    Starting Weight: 390 lbs (June, 2020)
    Current Weight: 311.4 lbs
    Long Term Goal Weight: 155-160 lbs
    Short Term Goal Weight: 299 lbs

I am so close to that 299. I know as soon as I hit it, I'm gonna cry :p

You got this, it's already 90% there! Just a small sprint needed.

In other news, I usually do this on Fridays...but I have a sneaking suspicion that the scale is not going to be kind tomorrow with what I have planned.

So, the early bird catches the worm! :p

Height: 167cm - 5'6''

LW: 127.4 kg - 280.9 lb
    CW: 127.0 kg - 280.0 lb
    Variance: -0.4 kg / -0.9 lb / -0.31% TBW

OL: 50.8 kg - 112.0 lb

Weight remaining for:
    Obese class II: 15.7 kg - 34.7 lb
    Obese class I: 29.7 kg - 65.4 lb
    Overweight: 43.6 kg - 96.1 lb
    Normal: 57.6 kg - 126.9 lb

Not much progress this week, but in the context of having two days off (25+26) and weighing on 6 rather than 7 days before the last time, I'm neither surprised nor disheartened. Next week is going to be the same methinks. And then, full steam ahead for 2021! Let's do this!
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    What a great post!....” Success in the process is my new reward”.... love this!.....every day is a chance to renew our determination to reach our goals....I hope you reach all of your goals in 2021....Happy New Year!
  • _inHisGrace
    Age 57
    Height 5’9"
    Starting Weight: 275.6 lbs (Jan 2020)
    Current Weight: 179.2 lbs
    Long Term Goal Weight: 150 - 160 lbs (????)
    Short Term Goal Weight: 175 lbs (100 lbs down!!)
    Normal BMI - 169 (ten pounds away!)

If someone had told me back in January that I would weight less than 180lbs on the last morning of the year I would have been in absolute disbelief. I'm thankful for this place to celebrate!!!!! Otherwise I find myself lost in my mistakes (like that chocolate "L" - a Dutch Christmas tradition - that arrived by surprise and found its way into my belly yesterday when dinner was delayed). And people can be a bit weird when you lose a lot of weight. Instead of goodwill, it can bring out their insecurities and unhappiness with their own body - or fear that you are changing (and I am - but in a good way).

I don't know what weight will find me happy and thinking "woohoo I've made it!" My body is such a mess of loose skin, jiggly bits, cords of muscle and bones (!) it is weird and something I'm not familiar with. It might end up being more a case of finding what maintenance level of calories I am content with? How much energy I have in the evening? Maybe it will be the size of new jeans? Will the significance of the scale number fade?

As I add calories to each day, and have more days of eating at maintenance, I don't know how long it will take me to reach this unknown goal. I was thinking my birthday near the end of Mar - but that is too soon - maybe my quitting smoking - which brought me 80 lbs :-( - anniversary in mid May?

It is starting to mean less than it did. Success in the process is my new reward. Every week that I stay on my new course is a big win. I guess over time that will be measured my months and then years?

Way to go! What a great post!!!!
  • Rashel_kitten
    Rashel_kitten Posts: 81 Member
    Height: 5’5"
    Sw: 290.0 (8/12/2020)
    Cw: 252.4
    Gw: 150
    Current weight loss: 37.6 lbs.
  • _inHisGrace
    Age 45
    Height 5’1
    Sw 307.8 (8/24/2020)
    Cw 268.6
    Gw 105

• lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,581 Member
    Today I stepped on the scale and lost a little bit more so I’m -40 lbs in 140 days and my calories per day are now 1240.
    Happy Day!!!

Congratuations! What a way to charge into 2021. Imagine the kind of year this is going to be! Your optimism and accomplishment since I've been part of this group are infectious and inspiring. Thank you.
  • _inHisGrace
    Today I stepped on the scale and lost a little bit more so I’m -40 lbs in 140 days and my calories per day are now 1240.
    Happy Day!!!

Congratuations! What a way to charge into 2021. Imagine the kind of year this is going to be! Your optimism and accomplishment since I've been part of this group are infectious and inspiring. Thank you.

@lauriekallis what I nice thing to say! Thank you so much.
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    The holidays hit me hard too, and my plan to try to contain it failed utterly. Stress from the job, stress from the friend's medical problems, the pressures of family and the easy availability of food has me completely off my plan. Right now I'm having a very, very difficult time trying to reign back in, to get back into the groove of recording my food and sticking to a deficit. Not having those extra exercise calories from my walks is killing me but I can't get myself to do cardio or the elliptical.

Right now, the best friend is up here, and that is also killing my schedule. I had hoped and actually attempted to get back to it this week, but I find myself giving in to the brain hunger and my will power is still shot.

*sigh* I'm back up 15 lbs at least and I'm ashamed of that, but apathy about it is still firmly in control of the diet switch. Even the new romance isn't helping me get back into the swing of it.

The cake is gone, the sweets are gone; here's hoping that I can finally turn the switch back on and get back to losing! I've been plateaued solidly since October, so my body has had 3 months to recover from the deficit. And that means I've followed my usual pattern, too - lose well in the spring, slow down in the summer, stall out and regain in the fall. *sigh*
  • bmeadows380
    My Starting Weight:
    ~375 lbs (01/01/2017)
    My goal:
    180 lbs
    Milestone:
    215 lbs
    Current Weight:
    239.9 lbs 1/7/2021
    Loss this Week:
    +12.5 lbs
    Total Loss:
    -135.1 lbs

What's Working/What Needs Work
    :

Its ugly, but there's no benefit to lying to myself; it is what it is. I know I have not really regained 12 lbs since the 17th; I can tell from my legs that I'm retaining water, but I still have regained 15-20 lbs from my lowest weight in September. Stress, life, holiday, diet fatigue - it all has hit me at once, and the mental stamina needed to fight the willpower battle with my brain hunger just died. The last month particularly.

*sigh* so I've got to find a way to get back at it. Not getting my walks in is killing me, but where I am, the winter weather cycle makes walking out doors not feasible, and I can't get myself motivated enough to force myself to use the elliptical. I need to get back to my cardio videos, too.

So I'm trying today to get seriously back to logging and start getting that scale going in the right direction, to arrest the regain and the plateau before any more damage is done.

So I was true to form in 2020: lost very well in the late winter/early spring; started slowing down in early summer, stopped completely in early fall, and regained late fall/early winter. *sigh* And this time, I had recognized the pattern but still failed to stop it!
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    My Starting Weight:
    ~375 lbs (01/01/2017)
    My goal:
    180 lbs
    Milestone:
    215 lbs
    Current Weight:
    239.9 lbs 1/7/2021
    Loss this Week:
    +12.5 lbs
    Total Loss:
    -135.1 lbs

:

Its ugly, but there's no benefit to lying to myself; it is what it is. I know I have not really regained 12 lbs since the 17th; I can tell from my legs that I'm retaining water, but I still have regained 15-20 lbs from my lowest weight in September. Stress, life, holiday, diet fatigue - it all has hit me at once, and the mental stamina needed to fight the willpower battle with my brain hunger just died. The last month particularly.

*sigh* so I've got to find a way to get back at it. Not getting my walks in is killing me, but where I am, the winter weather cycle makes walking out doors not feasible, and I can't get myself motivated enough to force myself to use the elliptical. I need to get back to my cardio videos, too.

So I'm trying today to get seriously back to logging and start getting that scale going in the right direction, to arrest the regain and the plateau before any more damage is done.

So I was true to form in 2020: lost very well in the late winter/early spring; started slowing down in early summer, stopped completely in early fall, and regained late fall/early winter. *sigh* And this time, I had recognized the pattern but still failed to stop it!

I still say it has some SAD written all over it.

If this is your process and your particular obstacles I don't see it as a fail. If each year you make more progress that you keep most of who is to say (other than your negative Nellie inside) that it is not a huge success?

People that lose a lot of weight fast often get to goal with hard to control hunger. Perhaps you are more sensitive to the deficit than some people. It could be a mix of that and SAD.

Sounds like your relationship is getting serious. I feel sad for all the guys out there who missed their chance.
  • Dante_80
    edited January 2021
    Somewhat surprised to see progress this week. Not that I'm complaining.

Height: 167cm - 5'6''

LW: 127.0 kg - 280.0 lb
    CW: 126.0 kg - 277.8 lb
    Variance: -1.0 kg / -2.2 lb / -0.79% TBW

OL: 51.8 kg - 114.2 lb

Weight remaining for:
    Obese class II: 14.7 kg - 32.5 lb
    Obese class I: 28.7 kg - 63.2 lb
    Overweight: 42.6 kg - 93.9 lb
    Normal: 56.6 kg - 124.7 lb

I think this is the first year in my life that I managed to go through Christmas holidays in Greece and come out somewhat unscathed.

This sounds a lot easier than it is, trust me. I think the weather here still being very helpful to walking is what saved me. :p
  • bmeadows380
    NovusDies wrote: »
    My Starting Weight:
    ~375 lbs (01/01/2017)
    My goal:
    180 lbs
    Milestone:
    215 lbs
    Current Weight:
    239.9 lbs 1/7/2021
    Loss this Week:
    +12.5 lbs
    Total Loss:
    -135.1 lbs

:

I still say it has some SAD written all over it.

If this is your process and your particular obstacles I don't see it as a fail. If each year you make more progress that you keep most of who is to say (other than your negative Nellie inside) that it is not a huge success?

People that lose a lot of weight fast often get to goal with hard to control hunger. Perhaps you are more sensitive to the deficit than some people. It could be a mix of that and SAD.

Sounds like your relationship is getting serious. I feel sad for all the guys out there who missed their chance.

@NovusDies

It might have a SAD element to it, though I've had my depressive episodes at all times of the year too.

And yeah, my negative Nellie is extremely critical lol She does keep wanting to focus on the regain and not the total victory.

I had thought I had heard about the hunger rebound from massive weight loss and can see that being part of my problem too; brain hunger has been a very hard thing to overcome.

and yes, the relationship is getting serious :blush: thank you, though I'd think they had a chance and walked away lol