TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (January)

Replies

• Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 1,903 Member
    edited January 2021
    Hi Team, my name's Krystal
    wife and mother to a 15-year old daughter. Florida native. I started my WL journey in April of 2016. Over the following 3 years I took my time to research and familiarize myself with the keto diet. I got into the pattern of being on the diet, then getting off, watch the scale creep up then get back on it(I did this in conjunction with a whole-lotta keto YouTube/ Pinterest/ social media *following* of all types). By the end of 2018 I was down to 189lbs when I turned to this group I accelerated my weight loss and have had much success with the accountability here

My weight loss journey stats(reminder to myself that I need to stay in this challenge to reach my goal weight of 130lbs):
    May 2016 Journey SW: 213
    July 2017: 200
    Nov 2018: 189
    2019(Note: When I started food logging and The Biggest Loser Challenge)
    January 2019 SW: 185
    February SW: 175
    March SW: 168
    April SW: 162.6
    May SW: 161.8
    June SW: 159.7
    July2019 SW: 155.6
    **Left the TBL Challenge😥**
    Rejoined the challenge:
    Feb2020 SW: 164.8
    March2020 SW: 165
    April2020 SW: 161.4
    May2020 SW: 156
    June2020 SW: 150.2
    **Left the TBL Challenge😥**hmmm starting to notice a trend here
    Nov2020 SW: 158
    Dec2020 Sw: 156.3
    Jan2021 Sw: 160

Welcome to TBBT everyone! Hope you find all the support and encouragement like I have found with this amazing group!
  • kyungs
    kyungs Posts: 66 Member
    Sunday, January 3, 2021
    weight: 174.6 (lost 1.4 lbs)
    logged food: yes
    under calories: yes
    exercise: yes
  • cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    @maryc11 @RoseyandReady I have added both of you to the spreadsheet! You can begin adding your steps to the spreadsheet today! :)
  • mooreshelly09
    mooreshelly09 Posts: 901 Member
    1/2/21
    Tracked: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercised: no
    Steps: 2,596
    Water: 50oz
  • maryc11
    maryc11 Posts: 415 Member
    @maryc11 @RoseyandReady I have added both of you to the spreadsheet! You can begin adding your steps to the spreadsheet today! :)

Thank you!
  • annabananamc
    annabananamc Posts: 415 Member
    Hurray - I made it back to BBT! I am also going to join MUAC and the Step Challenge, because I have decided this year is the year to step up my game! I was last on BBT in 2019, the year we moved back to Florida from MD/DC. I am a 59 year old empty nester with son in 2nd year of college. We live on the Gulf Coast of FL, in a small amazing town called Dunedin. We have a great park with trails nearby, as well as a 45 mile paved trail a couple blocks from home, and the intracoastal and gulf beaches. I am blessed with so much here, I want to get in shape to be able to enjoy it.

For the step challenge, I'd like to start Week 1 with a 5000 step goal. I tried 10,000 and rarely hit it, so I want to be reasonable and grow the goal as I grow.

I took all my measurements with my weigh-in this weekend, and I realized that I have stayed pretty steady within a couple lbs and same inches +/- 1 inch for several years. But I can do better, and I can be healthier.

So here I am ready to jump in and UP MY GAME with BBT for 2021!!!!

Thanks for having me, and I hope to be a strong teammate for you all.
  • cmhubbard92
    @annabananamc yay! We are happy to have you back on TBBT! I am proud of you for pretty much maintaining in your absence from the team! That is something to definitely be proud of!

For your step challenge, is that 5,000 daily(35,000 weekly), or 5,000 for the week?

I will add you to the spreadsheet after your reply! :)
  • cmhubbard92
    kyungs wrote: »
    Sunday, January 3, 2021
    weight: 174.6 (lost 1.4 lbs)

@kyungs what a great way to start off the month!!! Fabulous work!
  • cmhubbard92
    Good morning TBBT! Today is the official start of our 2021 Challenge!

We are looking for a few weigh ins to kick off the first Biggest Loser Challenge of the year!!!

Sunday Weigh In:
    @Krysless2
    @RoseyandReady

What are some small changes you are making (or planning to make) to make yourself more successful this year?
  • annabananamc
    annabananamc Posts: 415 Member
    @annabananamc yay! We are happy to have you back on TBBT! I am proud of you for pretty much maintaining in your absence from the team! That is something to definitely be proud of!

For your step challenge, is that 5,000 daily(35,000 weekly), or 5,000 for the week?

Sorry I wasn't more clear, let's say 5,000 per day with one rest day, so 30000 for the week!
  • cmhubbard92

Sorry I wasn't more clear, let's say 5,000 per day with one rest day, so 30000 for the week!

@annabananamc no worries! I have added you to the spreadsheet :)
  • Krysless2
    @cmhubbard92 thank you so much for restarting the water/ step spreadsheet. May I be included? 7000/per day 49000/per week is my goal 😊
  • richmondwriter
    richmondwriter Posts: 683 Member
    I forgot to post my weight from yesterday, 1/2 - 142.2.
  • cmhubbard92
    Krysless2 wrote: »
    @cmhubbard92 thank you so much for restarting the water/ step spreadsheet. May I be included? 7000/per day 49000/per week is my goal 😊

@Krysless2 of course! I've added you to the spreadsheet!

Is your Sunday weigh in on the spreadsheet a mistake? I know it was Saturdays before :)
  • cmhubbard92
    I forgot to post my weight from yesterday, 1/2 - 142.2.

@richmondwriter no worries! Although the results were already posted for the week, I have updated your weight. Fabulous job recording a loss in the last(and hardest) week of the challenge! :)
  • cmhubbard92
    edited January 2021
    December final results!
    THE DECEMBERS'S BIGGEST LOSER IS ..... Nicholemurphy87. WITH AN AMAZING LOSS OF 5.24% BODY WEIGHT!!!! BRAVO!!
    o714iv1y812f.jpg
    THE TEAM WHO LOST THE GREATEST PERCENTAGE IN DECEMBER IS ..... GUTBUSTERS!!!
    AWESOME JOB TEAM GUTBUSTERS!
    WE DID IT! WE MADE IT THROUGH DECEMBER TOGETHER. WHETHER YOU LOST, GAINED, OR MAINTAINED - YOU ARE STILL HERE, YOU ARE STILL STRIVING TO REACH YOUR GOALS, YOU ARE A WINNER.

THERE WERE A NUMBER OF IMPRESSIVE INDIVIDUAL EFFORTS TOO. MOST WINNERS ACHIEVED ABOVE 2%, AND EVEN 3% LOSS FOR THE MONTH WHICH IS INCREDIBLE, CONGRATULATIONS!!

OVERALL, THE TOTAL COMBINED WEIGHT LOSS WAS A FANTASTIC 71.4 LBS!! GREAT JOB EVERYONE!!

ALSO THREE CHEERS FOR YOUR CAPTAINS mram3582. AmyG1982. @cmhubbard92. jen_097. @brandi_84. AB0215. Lorianncorrea. @Krysless2. jillsmith8297. looneycatblue. !! WITH THEIR SUPPORT AND MINI CHALLENGES WE WERE ABLE TO PULL OF SOME GREAT NUMBERS THIS MONTH. HIP HIP HIP (...cheering from the crowd...).

THANK YOU LEADERS AND CHALLENGERS FOR A FANTASTIC MONTH FOR THE BIGGEST LOSER MONTHLY CHALLENGE.

AND WITHOUT FURTHER ADIEU, THE DECEMBER GRAND FINALE RESULTS:

~ Krystal.

The Biggest Loser Is...
    1st - Nicholemurphy87. - 5.24%
    2nd - Beastfield314. - 4.91%
    3rd - Lorianncorrea. - 4.69%

The TEAM Biggest Loser...
    1st - Gutbusters. - 1.49%
    2nd - The Big Butt Theory. - 1.25%
    3rd - Run Track Minds. - 0.79%

Top 3 Individual % by Team:

The Big Butt Theory
    1st - @cmhubbard92. - 2.66%
    2nd - @mooreshelly09. - 0.87%
    3rd - @Cozydonuts. - 0.80%

The Slimsons
    1st - SisuMom2019. - 3.42%
    2nd - nebslp. - 1.64%
    3rd - dvdadie. - 1.03%

Gutbusters
    1st - Beastfield314. - 4.91%
    2nd - WThyme. - 3.65%
    3rd - shabna80. - 3.50%

Run Track Minds
    1st - LastChanceChez2020. - 3.24%
    2nd - Red1185. - 0.23%
    3rd - . -

Flab-U-Less
    1st - Nicholemurphy87. - 5.24%
    2nd - Lorianncorrea. - 4.69%
    3rd - Weightannihilator. - 2.21%

Individual Top 3 Pounds Lost
    1st - Nicholemurphy87. - 13.2 lbs.
    2nd - Lorianncorrea. - 10.8 lbs.
    3rd - Beastfield314. - 8.6 lbs.

Overall Pounds Lost by Team
    The Big Butt Theory - 28.1 lbs.
    The Slimsons - -18.4 lbs.
    Gutbusters - 35.2 lbs.
    Run Track Minds - 10.0 lbs.
    Flab-U-Less - 16.5 lbs.

Overall Total Lost: 71.4 lbs

December Spreadsheet Snapshot
    lgwney6z6y9w.jpg

Congratulations team TBBT for a successful December! While many of us experienced gains, we still had the highest number of pounds lost! Keep up the awesome efforts, and let's make January a big success for the team!
  • Krysless2

@Krysless2 of course! I've added you to the spreadsheet!

Is your Sunday weigh in on the spreadsheet a mistake? I know it was Saturdays before :)
    Yes it’s right. Due to the fluctuation of my weight I last week and because I topically weigh in Sunday mornings anyway, I decided to change it. Thanks for looking out
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Date: 01/03
    Username: Murdog3t
    Steps : 4828
    Water: 88

Just for today: KD8, 4500 steps 🚶‍♀️, 18hr IF , read bible plan , read chapters 📚, Daily calm, mutu W7D7, walk 30 min, 🧘‍♀️YWA D2

Yesterday : KD7✔️, 4500 steps 🚶‍♀️✔️, 18hr IF ✔️, read bible plan ✔️, read chapters 📚✔️, Daily calm✔️, mutu W7D6✔️, walk 30 min✔️, 🧘‍♀️YWA D1✔️

Username: Murdog3t
    Weigh in week: 4
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Last Week's weight: 153
    Todays Weight: 153.8

@cmhubbard92
    H2O challenge and steps challenge 45000
  • JMTiv1979
    JMTiv1979 Posts: 63 Member
    Hi everyone!!!

My name is Jenn. I participated in a Biggest Loser challenge years ago and loved it. I dropped off myfitnesspal while I was a Weight Watchers member but since COVID closed the Studios, I didn't find the benefits of having a weigh in checkin anymore so I cancelled and came back looking for the accountability of a challenge.

Some info about me: I am a 42 yr old mom of two amazing preteens, who are also my biggest cheerleaders. My entire household is working and learning from home full time which has some challenges (ex. My kids have different lunch schedules which means I am constantly in the pantry - which is filled with junk). To combat, I plan out every meal, meal prep and designated one small shelf of the pantry to my food so I don't grab their snacks. I enjoy working out but our gyms closed during the pandemic. I had to switch gears but I was able to score a treadmill and weights and I love to take livestream classes in my basement now (not sure I want to go back to a gym again!).

My step goal is 15,000 per day. My calorie goal is 1400 but I am not super confident that is a good place. I find so many variations and calculators in a range from 1200-1600 cals/day. I am hoping to make enough changes to drop 30 lbs but not willing to.do anything I don't think I can sustain for life.

I think I have rambled enough :) I am excited to join the group!!
  • cmhubbard92
    @Krysless2 you're welcome :)
    @murdog3t I have added you to the spreadsheet :)

@JMTiv1979 welcome to TBBT! You stated that you have a daily step goal of 15,000 would you like to be added to the step/water challenge?
This discussion has been closed.