WeightNoMore - January 2021 Team Chat

Replies

• debbiewsharpe
    debbiewsharpe Posts: 416 Member
    @theresamcle[quote
    Thanks for sharing your story again. Very inspiring! I love your goals and good luck with maintenance.
  • debbiewsharpe
    Debbie Sharpe
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    PW 130.0
    CW 131.2 - SOOOOO NOT HAPPY
    Sunday – 11,930
    Monday –14,856
    Tuesday – 15,168
    Wednesday – 10,624
    Thursday – 9,673
    Friday –15,613
    Saturday –11,645

I take FULL responsibility for my weight gain. From March - November I did well and remained around my magic number of 127. Then Thanksgiving came and I usually cook for my family and Larry's family( about 15-20 people) and due to Covid just the 2 of us here. I cooked a full Thanksgiving feast and ate too much for several days. Then the Christmas baking and candy making started. I did like I always do and fixed way to much stuff. Pumpkin bread, fudge, cheese straws, turtles, white chocolate peanut clusters, dark chocolate clusters, peanut brittle and many pies and cakes. Dessert every night!!! YES, I know better! I have been maintaining for several years now so I know what to do and this sure ain't it, pardon the grammar!
    COVID DEPRESSION!!!!! I was not able to be with my family for Thanksgiving and Christmas, first time in my 68 years on this Earth. Christmas dinner, New Year's traditional southern meal and the scales are showing it. I think I just ate from boredom and depression. I quit posting here, sorry folks I will try to get myself together this month.

I have set goals- I will go back to the habit tracker - drink more water- continue walking - eat less junk - eat when hungry not bored - be more productive with my time

I did ask to be placed back on the team for weight loss not maintenance this month - I do have a plan. Hopefully by the end of this week I will see 129 on the scales. I will try to get my act together and not let y'all down. Well, enough for my pity party - I will keep on keeping on.......... For our new members, this has become my mantra! Good luck to anyone who feels like I do, we will not let Covid or anything else get in our way!
    ud4nvvrh9jbf.png

• debbiewsharpe
    goingape wrote: »
    I will try to do like you and let Covid be positive. We do have more time so no excuses. Thank you for putting the positive spin on it for me this morning!!!! I really needed to hear your words today.
  • debbiewsharpe
    Happy New Year Bob! Yep the kitten sure hit the fan for me in the last two months. I was also an athlete in high school and college, oh the memories of those days. Sounds like you are still that young athlete in mind and heart and the weight loss is awesome! Good luck in 2021 meeting all your goals and dreams.
  • debbiewsharpe
    @Mxlaw90
    Hello Marcy, Happy New Year! I understand the Covid weight gain, seems to be a story for many of us. You have a great plan so together we can do this! The couch and snacks are not our friends, remember while watching TV during each commercial you can walk about 300 steps. It does add up, go for it. I believe in you.

@GingerPwr
    Happy New Year! I am from Wilson, NC so we already have something in common. Good luck with your goals, very similar to mine. Happy Anniversary, I hope that you can find a way to celebrate this year. We just had our 46 anniversary December 20. Our only celebration was take out from Cracker Barrel. We don’t eat out yet but it was a welcome change from cooking.

@Cyndiesstuff
    So sorry to hear of your pain but you sure took the bull by the horns and came up with a plan that works for you, congratulations. You are so right, all of this is mental, a head game we play. Love your goals - I remind myself often “am I hungry or am I bored.” WE will do this, January is here and we will meet it head on.

@Brown 6267 Happy New Year! Good stepping this week.

@Pacsnc6
    Hey Patsy, when I was younger and could see better I loved to cross stitch. I have some oriental prints that are 24 and 28 count. With lots of different shades. As you know, really tiny and hard to do. They are hanging proudly in my living room and foyer. Looking forward to your pictures when you are finished!!!! I have a good friend on immunotherapy and it is really helping her. I sure hope and pray your next scan shows even more progress.

@Rachelrjh
    Such a positive attitude, you inspire me. I weigh in on Sunday so I hope we both show a loss this week. I know your job is stressful at best but this last year, WOW! I was a teacher and substituted about every day until Covid hit. I have been offered a job as a permanent sub (show up every day just to see where I may be needed) I wish I could take it but with my age and Covid it would not be a smart idea. Good luck with the weight loss, I will do my best to cheer us along.

@Lemonnaid7
    Happy New Year Heather! Mindless snaking, I definitely relate to. I am also a walker and have a team on MFP (soulmates) currently 13 in the group and we do a monthly challenge. We average around 3.5 million steps a month. If you every want to join, send me a message. We start over each month. Good luck with your goals.

@Menstrelofsarcasm
    Happy New Year coach! Thank you for coaching us along, I find your wit and style helpful and inspirational. Great goal for January, I also have a goal to be KIND (we all should have that one). Hope the boxes disappear

@Drinkmeyer
    Welcome and happy new year! Already losing, congratulations.

@xX_PhoenixRising
    Hey Kristy, your goals for 2021 are great, you have a plan and I am willing to bet that you will succeed. Love your positive attitude through all the adversity. You will continue to inspire us all!

@Annliz23
    GET RID OF THE FOOD! I had the same problem until I finally decided to freeze it and maybe bring it out a little at a time as a treat. I see we are both steppers, good luck. Our weather has not been very cooperative lately.
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,204 Member
    I hope I am doing this right. This is my first weigh in.
    PW 191.4
    CW 189.2

You did it right! However, your first weigh-in isn't technically until NEXT Saturday. Would you like me to update your starting weight for the month to your current weight?
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,204 Member
    edited January 2021
    I take FULL responsibility for my weight gain. From March - November I did well and remained around my magic number of 127. Then Thanksgiving came and I usually cook for my family and Larry's family( about 15-20 people) and due to Covid just the 2 of us here. I cooked a full Thanksgiving feast and ate too much for several days. Then the Christmas baking and candy making started. I did like I always do and fixed way to much stuff. Pumpkin bread, fudge, cheese straws, turtles, white chocolate peanut clusters, dark chocolate clusters, peanut brittle and many pies and cakes. Dessert every night!!! YES, I know better! I have been maintaining for several years now so I know what to do and this sure ain't it, pardon the grammar!
    COVID DEPRESSION!!!!! I was not able to be with my family for Thanksgiving and Christmas, first time in my 68 years on this Earth. Christmas dinner, New Year's traditional southern meal and the scales are showing it. I think I just ate from boredom and depression. I quit posting here, sorry folks I will try to get myself together this month.

Debbie, I think everyone here can relate to your struggle. The holidays are difficult to "behave" during, especially with all of the easily-accessible sweets. This year was especially challenging, because eating away feelings of isolation is all too easy and adjusting to smaller gathering sizes is all too difficult.

You've done a marvelous job of being on track and consistent throughout the year - I have no doubts you'll get back to just that in no time!
  • goingape
    goingape Posts: 429 Member
    Hi all, checking in!
    Yesterday I did my online yoga class and did the abs challenge. They were both good. I had a lot of company from one dog that was trying to be part of the fun. I showed him the how the yoga instructor’s dog was sleeping on its own mat but he didn’t follow.

I had a great day yesterday resisting the evening snacking. I have been drinking bubbly water from the soda stream I just got at Christmas.

I’m hoping to hit the gym later. I’m going to ask the staff about a weight training program so my time there is more structured.

I’m going to do some home stuff today and get some clutter organized. I’m back to work tomorrow. Cheers everyone!
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,455 Member
    Check in for Saturday
    Food-better, had a few drinks but stayed on plan
    Water-56 oz
    Exercise-45 min beach walk, PT and stretching

Good day yesterday, it was our last full day at the shore so I did have some drinks and dinner out but I had allowed for that on my plan. Today we will eat lunch out and I will go from there. Tomorrow I will be back to my normal routine. Hoping to exercise before we head out but I am not sure if I will have time. It would be nice to have it done for the day. Enjoy the day everyone, I know it is the last day of some of your holiday breaks, especially you teachers!

@kirsten11872 Good luck with the challenge, sounds like a great way to kick off the New Year!
    @xX_PhoenixRising_Xx Sounds like a much nicer NYE than me going into the new Millennium Lol! I actually have the same weight goal each month. I should take the pics and measurements for this month too. I always forget that.
    @1theresamcvean Thank you for your time being co captain. We will miss you but am glad you are staying on the team. Happy 1 year anniversary! Awesome goals for January!
    @goingape Nice goals for January! Sounds like you started it strong too! Wtg!
    @KUMEcycling You have come a long way! Nice weigh in day especially with the holidays!
    @mxlaw90 Awesome goals for January! You can do this!
    @GingerPwr You can reach your goal, it is within your grasp! Good luck with the dry January, I don't know why I have trouble committing to something like that. I really don't drink often but I just don't like the idea of giving it up. Something for me to think about.
    @cyndiestuff Awesome goals for January! You got this!
    @pacsnc6 I am so happy you stayed with us with all you have been going through. I can't wait to see your cross stitch. Sending prayers and hugs. xo
    @rachelrjh You are not the only one who has lost and regained. There is a lot of mental things with weight loss. It sounds like you have a great attitude and are ready to do this once and for all!
    @lemonade7 How awesome you hit your step goal every day last year! That is amazing! I have no doubt you will reach your goals!
    @minstrelofsarcasm Thank you for all you do. You are awesome! You may be sorry you offered the technology help Lol! I need a lot of help there. My birthday is in January and my son's gift is to come over and help me with the TV set up! Lol! I am going to get him to help me set up a few more technical things too. ;)
    @dbrinkmeyer Nice loss! Great start to the New Year!
    @AnnLiz Not a bad weigh in for over the holidays!
    @debbiewsharpe From your post, I think you have learned from your gain during the holiday season. Hopefully we won't be in this position again with the holidays but if it happens again, I think you will look back at this time and do things differently. You have a great plan moving forward and I think you will have no problem reaching your goals. xoxo
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,010 Member
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10819936/january-week-1-challenge-get-on-track/p1?new=1

The New Year's first weekly challenge is up! If you need some more commitment for your tracking, and want to meet some of the other F2F team members, head on over!
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    eupo7wpr8dv7.png
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,010 Member
    Wait Wait - Don't Tell Us!
    75tf3m0avzwx.png

The Results from December 2020 are in! They are, um, amazing!
    vitnlklwx1zx.png

First off: WEEK FIVE
    Every team gained weight during week 5. We all stuck together! We were AWESOME!

So we are NOT going to announce which teams gained the least. But we ARE going to celebrate the awesome people who actually lost weight in spite of it being the last week of December!

The TOP amazing, committed, wonderful leaders of Week 5 are:
    21r1s997x9ao.png

Ask these people how they did it. They are our heroes. Without them, the final results for December would never have been as good as they were.
    And Now!
    ih0k3hrwbrip.png

The full December F2F results - only teams with a loss for the month qualified!
    58qc6m3ppywj.png
    as7rb5yu4cxi.png

TOP TEAMS BY PERCENTAGE
    sdoxs4tav9j3.png

TOP TEAMS BY POUNDS LOST
    nyirwzryqq2b.png

TOP THREE INDIVIDUALS BY PERCENTAGE
    1st CurvyCalorie - 6.5%
    2nd Bluetail6 - 5.15%
    3rd littleflutteby - 5.10%

TOP THREE INDIVIDUALS BY POUNDS LOST
    1st littleflutterby - 17.0 pounds
    2nd davidji82 - 15.4 pounds
    3rd happimess01 - 13.9 pounds

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    Tazaria87 veryhotmails kandi3570
    SisuMom2019 RYcare MandiSaysHey
    machchic Dogmom1978 KristieJC

ykzcgdr2jdii.png
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,059 Member
    Hello team, I'm Tracy from NH. I have 2 boys 26 and 23, and 2 granddaughters 14 months and 10 months. I have been married for 25 years. I have never really struggled with my weight until after I had my kids. I did start to get back down to my prepregnacy weight but then it went back up again. A few years ago I lost 40 pounds then gained 20 back and since then I have not been able to lose the weight. I gain and lose the same 5 pounds, not sure what the problem is. I have ibs and always feel bloated. At the end of January if I still haven't lost any weight I am going to see a nutritionist.

I have started weighing, measuring, and logging all my food. Yesterday I forgot to finish my diary. We did go out to eat, I got a salad and we split an appetizer. I have the ifit ap for my treadmill and I'm loving it. I am looking into getting a spin bike. If anyone has a bike I'm looking for suggestions on which one to get. I go to zumba also. I have been on vacation but I am back to work tomorrow so I know I will get my water in.

Steps...

Sun- 11,892
    Mon- 10,823
    Tues- 9,442
    Wed- 13,027
    Thurs- 13,142
    Fri- 10,896
    Sat- 10,526
  • RoseyandReady
    RoseyandReady Posts: 256 Member
    @RoseyandReady
    Weigh In Sunday Jan. 3rd.....166!