mainebeachbum Posts: 385 Member
    Username: mainebeachbum
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    PW (Previous Weight): 236.2 lbs
    CW (Current Weight): 236.2 lbs

Have to get back at it!
  • cyndiesstuff
    cyndiesstuff Posts: 1,562 Member
    Good morning weight no more!! Missed my check in yesterday. Had tons of stuff to do. My oldest son, I bought a mobile home for and we were replacing the kitchen cabinets. that job is done. thank goodness. on to the stats

Saturday and sunday were both good day, I drank my water, got in my steps and followed my plan to a T. I have a string of 8 days in a row of being on plan and and leaving bites behind. I am building some amazing motivation withthis string of days.

What is one thing you can do today to further you to your goal? Its just one day. You can do one day. My one thing today is to spend 5 minutes visualizing what success looks like for me today and then getting out there and doing it.

Whats your one thing????

n3jryfoc1vhf.jpg
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,290 Member
    kandi3570 wrote: »
    9hbqcopp9mu0.jpeg

I can't quite tell if that expression is resignation (yup, definitely gonna get blamed for this) or serious thought (they did it this time! Not me! And no one is yelling! How does this work? I should be able to do this...)
  • Freeglerock
    Freeglerock Posts: 2,864 Member
    About Me!

Hi everyone. I'm Lisa, 41yo and live in the UK. I live with my partner of over 20 years and we have 2 kids (son 8 and daughter 5). Also have a cat (Curzon), fish and 4 chickens (and an endless supply of fresh eggs!).

Other than occupying myself with kids, work and chores I have 2 main hobbies at the moment which are sewing and allotment gardening (I have 2 allotments that I use to grow fruit and veg with varying success!). The allotments are incredibly time consuming, but love that every day of the year we can eat something we have grown ourselves.

About my Weight Loss

I have always been on the "larger" side, and my weight has yo-yo'd as I have tried one diet after another. Even as a young teen I attended a Rosemary Connelly class with my Mum! Turning 40 in November 2019, I started my latest attempt to lose weight. Weighing in at 218.5lb (height 5'6") at that point, there was a long way to go to my 154lb goal (top end normal BMI). I joined this group in December 2019. Back in October/November 2020 I managed to get down to 170lb, but then started to lose motivation and focus. I decided to take a bit of a break from tracking and enjoy Christmas and a few too many glasses of wine. I put on nearly 10lb! Yikes!

I feel now ready to get serious again, and back on the wagon! If I don't start now, all my new "smaller" clothes will not fit! I have been reigning it in the past week, and upping my exercise. Despite stopping tracking, over the last 2 months I have been learning how to run, and this morning I ran my first 5k (in 34min!). Never thought I could run!

January Goals

So, I am back on the group, and off the cheer squad. Time to get the Christmas weight off and a bit more! I'm still considering my 2021 goals, but to start with I plan the following:
    * Post to this group! The months I have done well are ones where I have participated here and made myself accountable
    * Walk at least 70k step a week
    * Do at least 4 workouts (of at least 30min each), not including walks.
    * Drink more water (my aim to start off which is 48oz a day)
  • 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 945 Member
    About Me!

Hi everyone. I'm Lisa, 41yo and live in the UK. I live with my partner of over 20 years and we have 2 kids (son 8 and daughter 5). Also have a cat (Curzon), fish and 4 chickens (and an endless supply of fresh eggs!).

Other than occupying myself with kids, work and chores I have 2 main hobbies at the moment which are sewing and allotment gardening (I have 2 allotments that I use to grow fruit and veg with varying success!). The allotments are incredibly time consuming, but love that every day of the year we can eat something we have grown ourselves.

About my Weight Loss

I have always been on the "larger" side, and my weight has yo-yo'd as I have tried one diet after another. Even as a young teen I attended a Rosemary Connelly class with my Mum! Turning 40 in November 2019, I started my latest attempt to lose weight. Weighing in at 218.5lb (height 5'6") at that point, there was a long way to go to my 154lb goal (top end normal BMI). I joined this group in December 2019. Back in October/November 2020 I managed to get down to 170lb, but then started to lose motivation and focus. I decided to take a bit of a break from tracking and enjoy Christmas and a few too many glasses of wine. I put on nearly 10lb! Yikes!

I feel now ready to get serious again, and back on the wagon! If I don't start now, all my new "smaller" clothes will not fit! I have been reigning it in the past week, and upping my exercise. Despite stopping tracking, over the last 2 months I have been learning how to run, and this morning I ran my first 5k (in 34min!). Never thought I could run!

January Goals

So, I am back on the group, and off the cheer squad. Time to get the Christmas weight off and a bit more! I'm still considering my 2021 goals, but to start with I plan the following:
    * Post to this group! The months I have done well are ones where I have participated here and made myself accountable
    * Walk at least 70k step a week
    * Do at least 4 workouts (of at least 30min each), not including walks.
    * Drink more water (my aim to start off which is 48oz a day)

Congratulations on the 5k run, Lisa. A very decent time too.
  • 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 945 Member
    I really like this approach. I saw it last year and it resonated.
    Setting goals based on you and your past successes. For me, this can be looking at my food diary from those times that I was eating well and losing nicely. Also at my workout calendar for when I was toning up well and having fun while doing it. I have this feeling that focusing on what I have succeeded at before versus trying to become someone I am not is more attainable. Then, I can take it to a new level using my strengths. I think it's also nice to balance my physical goals with some other categories.
    o3of0clxj3n6.png
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,446 Member
    Check in for Sunday
    Food-ugh!
    Water-56 oz
    Exercise-30 min walking video, Pt and stretching

Not the healthiest choices and over ate a little at lunch but stopped when I realized. Today I am back to my usual routine. My knee was killing me yesterday. I wasn't sure if it was from walking on the uneven sand or since I have arthritis, maybe it was because it was raining all day yesterday. Today it is much better so maybe it was the rain although t I don't remember it happening that bad before. I need to start paying attention now that I know.

Hope everyone has a great day today :)

@ljdanny I think you are set up for success! You got this!
    @rachelrjh Nice loss!! What a great start to 2021!
    @RoseyandReady Great way to start 2021! Nice loss!
    @kandi3570 You have made tremendous progress. I like your plan moving forward. You are going to have an awesome 2021! I had to look up sugar gliders, I never heard of them but omg! So cute!! I love Oliver's face! Lol! Daisy does not like things out of order. She doesn't like when I decorate or take the decorations down Lol!
    @bumpbreakcar Nice job! I think any loss after the holidays are good!
    @mainebeachbum Maintaining isn't bad after the holidays. I am with you, time to get moving again!
    @cyndiesstuff You are doing awesome! My one thing is getting back to my normal routine.
    @Freeglerock First of all-great job with the 5K! What a great start to the new year! I haven't gotten on the scale since New Year's eve but I am sure I am up there in weight too. I love your goals for January, you are going to have a great month!
  • jedaschultz
    jedaschultz Posts: 955 Member
    Username: jedaschultz
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    Week: 1
    PW (Previous Weight): 208.2
    CW (Current Weight): 206.2

Yeah, great start to the new year!! I am back following WW and tracking my points, drinking water and walking. It really does make a difference when you follow a plan.
  • podperson1
    podperson1 Posts: 207 Member
    Hey lovely people!

Happy 2021 - let's hope it's a better year for all of us :) Glad to see people again, and welcome to the newbies x

So, quick intro. I'm Shelli, live in Edinburgh Scotland with my best friend/flatmate and our kitties. I don't think I've ever really been happy with my weight and have been on probably every fad diet and yo-yo cycle out there. I'm pretty much the stereotype for unhealthiness lol - love junk food, cake, takeaways, hate exercis etc. At the start of 2020 I was at my highest ever weight of around 210lbs and decided enough was enough. I joined this group in around Feb/Mar and it has been a huge support <3

It's been a very up and down year (as I'm sure it has for most of us) and that has definitely been reflected in my weight journey, I got down to a lowest of about 175lb and then crept back up again. December in particular was a hard month for me, work stress and missing my family over the holidays did not help with stress eating. In addition, I struggle with depression and food is a definite coping mechanism that I'm trying to break myself of. I am trying to concentrate on the positives now (even as Scotland goes back into almost full lockdown from tomorrow *sighs*) and am feeling more motivated at least. I am determined to get the scale going back in the right direction.

Weigh in
    username - podperson1
    week - 1
    PW - 189.2
    CW - 187.8

Considering I had quite a bit of alcohol over Hogmany and got tempted by Chinese takeaway one night then I'll take that as a win :)
  • kandi3570
    kandi3570 Posts: 238 Member
    @mainebeachbum I think it’s definitely no one is yelling, I should be able to do this! They are so weird sometimes. You should see them with the roomba. I really thought they would attack it. But no! When I came in from work today it was running in the kitchen and they were both on the stairs seeking protection! 😂😂. It’s funny Oliver is so calm for 18 months. It took my boxer 8 years to be that calm. The only time that he is out of hand is when we get company. He’s decided that it’s his job to repeatedly hug all visitors. I’ve tried to break him but, he gets what he wants so he’s not stopping anytime soon

@sleepymom5 thank you! I am hoping to have a great year. Sugar gliders are very cute and very social animals. But they are not the greatest pets. They have a high maintenance diet and they are nocturnal. My mom got them for my daughter for 4H. And even though I swore they would never come to my house, they’re here!
    Also pay attention to the walking in sand. I don’t know if that’s what may be causing your knee issues but that’s the only time I have knee issues. It’s the main reason I got rid of my pool. And I know you really enjoy the shore, so I hope it’s not the culprit.
  • kandi3570
    https://us.v-cdn.net/5021879/uploads/editor/kf/o3of0clxj3n6.png
    43vr8003zs4w.png
    @1theresamcvean i love this post! I think sometimes we get so caught up in life and the process we forget why we’re on this journey of self improvement.
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,053 Member
    I ordered my spin bike tonight, it will be delivered in 1-2 weeks. I am very excited to get started. I have been logging my food. I have to get my calorie intake down, I am also not putting any calories for exercise but i seem to be eating them so that will have to change somehow. I will get back into the hang of things. I have been doing really well with getting my steps in. I am hoping to see some change on the scale this week.
  • kandi3570
    So I have a question? As google is very confusing. What is the amount of protein that I should be getting a day, I’m adding in strength training and I honestly never get enough protein. I was going to go with macros but, I’m not going to add in food to get to a macro goal. I set it for 80 grams which is less than 0.5 grams per pound. But I’m not really trying to be a body builder so I’m not sure what the general rule is. I know my (smart???) scale tells me I’m low on protein daily. It also tells me I have a high muscle mass and low skeletal muscle. I assume that means I have a big heart, or it thinks I have lots of smooth muscle to break down all the food I shove in my face. 😂. Anybody have any good solid answers?
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,158 Member
    kandi3570 wrote: »
    So I have a question? As google is very confusing. What is the amount of protein that I should be getting a day, I’m adding in strength training and I honestly never get enough protein. I was going to go with macros but, I’m not going to add in food to get to a macro goal. I set it for 80 grams which is less than 0.5 grams per pound. But I’m not really trying to be a body builder so I’m not sure what the general rule is. I know my (smart???) scale tells me I’m low on protein daily. It also tells me I have a high muscle mass and low skeletal muscle. I assume that means I have a big heart, or it thinks I have lots of smooth muscle to break down all the food I shove in my face. 😂. Anybody have any good solid answers?

From what I understand, the standard diet should be 0.8 to 1 grams per pound for someone who exercises and wants to maintain muscle mass. For those looking to pack on muscle, I believe it's about 1.4 grams per pound of bodymass. I can double check some more official documentation tomorrow, if you want a scientific reference.
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    d3zvckch32zr.jpg

25 + Lbs Lost
    @azkunk
    @Bluetail6

40 + Lbs Lost
    @draby2011
    @KUMEcyclingteam

50 + Lbs Lost
    @littleflutterby

60 + Lbs Lost
    @Beautyofdreams

MILESTONES

Under 175
    @CurvyCalorie

tvbsuxptot30.png

ONEDERLAND
    @tazaria
    @spyro88
    @floecity

Under 225
    @MandiSaysHey

Under 250
    @888Angie888
    @ewilhelm2487

Under 275
    @happimess01

TWOTERVILLE
    @davidji82
    Sorry David.... couldn't find a graphic :(

Under 325
    @lelbarou
    @littleflutterby

5m9yys3gz6ct.png

Congratulations @izzyred9400
  • kandi3570
    @minstrelofsarcasm no scientific reference needed. I don’t know how to get that much protein if I wanted to. At the least it would be 156 grams. I’ll never make it. Not without having a protein shake with every meal. I will look into some high protein foods and see what I can add though. Thank you.
  • cyndiesstuff
    Good morning Team Weight No More I am on fire. The new year has sparked a renewed flame. I am on a string of 9 days on track and on plan. I got my steps in yesterday with 8674, I drank at leaste 64 oz of water. got plenty of sleep and ate when I was hungry and left bites behind at two meals.

@sleepymom5 good job at stopping the overeat at lunch yesterday. What was you thinking when you stopped the overeat? Write it down and think it again and again and again! Practice what works!!

Changing old conditioned habits takes patience and practice. The way habits become old conditioned habits is because of practice and reward. So it stand to reason that we can also teach ourselves to eat when we are hungry and to stop when we are satisfied. It just takes repetition, recognition, reward and patience. Sit down and write it out. How do you want your next meal to look? How do you want to feel? Put the paper next to where you eat. Read it before you start eating. Read it while your eating. And when your done, recognize and give yourself credit for following thru. Practice, practice practice.

Smile! We are going to do this. 2021 is our year!
  • cyndiesstuff
    According to Atomic habits " the first mistake is never the one that ruins your plan or ruins your habit. It is the spiral of repeated mistakes that follow. Missing one is a mishap. Missing more than one is the start of a new habit. "

So when that mistake happens. Don't let it be more than one mistake. Start your streak again immediately.
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,290 Member
    @cyndiesstuff A long line of social and behavioral psychologists agree with you. You are what you think. What you refer to in writing down what you were doing/ thinking /feeling is called a thinking report and is part of a treatment called cognitive restructuring. It is used in a host of treatment types including substance abuse and self harm. And weightloss...:) And it works.
This discussion has been closed.