Tues, Jan12
    Week 2- Day 3
    Under Cals- No over by 751
    Track- Yes
    Exercise- Yes
    👟Challenges💧
    90oz
    8819 Steps
    Notes- it is so difficult to stay under calories! How do some of you do it? May I ask the team for some suggestions?
    Any advice would be so helpful!😊
    Was there some sort of tweak or habit that you started to incorporate that just made it easier for you to stay under you daily cal goal?? I work out daily and still it’s really difficult to reach this goal for myself. Feel free to look at my food diary as well! Thanks guys!
  • cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    Options
    @Krysless2 I had a whole thing typed out with tips, then my phone had a bunch of ads pop up 🙄 I am going to look through your diary(again) before I try responding again.

I cannot believe how much conversation has been going on here!!!

@erikNJ I'm glad you are starting to feel better. I hope you are having a good week: )
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,503 Member
    Options
    Tuesday 12 Jan
    Track: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes, Peloton spin class

Steps: 9702
    Water: 108 oz

Happy Hump Day 🐫🐪
  • prehistoricmoongoddess
    prehistoricmoongoddess Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    Prehistoricmoongoddess

Wednesday
    LW 151.8lbs
    CW 150.0lbs

• erikNJ
    erikNJ Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    @Krysless2 the point when it became easy for me to stay under calories was when I started intermittent fasting. I do 16/8, which means I only eat during an 8 hour window (11:30am - 7:30pm for me personally)
    I know it seems VERY intimidating, but it was honestly one of the easiest habits to pick up (for me anyway, i know everyone is different)
    Feel free to ask more questions.

@cmhubbard92 thank you.
    And I agree, I am enjoying the activity here. Whether it’s the support we all come here for initially or the side conversations about life. I like seeing everyone interacting!
  • Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 1,914 Member
    Options
    Yes I think my new work schedule at work(11-8) is naturally pushing my IF schedule to 1-9pm but it’s also this change that’s making it harder for me to not stay up extremely late and get very hungry
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,503 Member
    Options
    @Krysless2 As Erik said, what works is different for everybody, and it usually involves a lot of trial and error (mostly error LOL) to determine what does work. I expect that I have about 25 more years experience with this :) , but here is what I have found works for me. I have most success when I keep my calories below 1500, my carbs below 100 g (less than 75 is better) and my sodium below 2000 mg. MFP has me set for 1530 calories/day. I do not eat back any exercise calories as my profile is set to very active so they are already figured in.

I used to eat steel cut oats for breakfast, a WW or Healthy Choice meal for lunch (easy to grab on the way out the door for work) and lots of fruit for snacks (bananas, grapes, mangoes). My calories and fat weren’t bad but after looking closely at MFP reports I saw my daily carbs were well over 200 g and my sodium was through the roof. Looking at the report I was able to see what the heavy hitters were and start making changes. Small changes, one at a time, NOT huge sweeping changes.

I changed my oatmeal for eggs or eggbeaters, high sugar fruits for low sugar ones (mostly berries), pre-packaged meals for grilled chicken breast and a salad, bottled dressing for vinegar and oil, etc.

Happy to discuss any of the above. :)

• brandi_84
    brandi_84 Posts: 1,963 Member
    Options
    Prehistoricmoongoddess

Wednesday
    LW 151.8lbs
    CW 150.0lbs

@prehistoricmoongoddess
    Great loss!
    How's the leg? I hope you are doing better.
  • Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 1,914 Member
    Options
    @Krysless2 I had a whole thing typed out with tips, then my phone had a bunch of ads pop up 🙄 I am going to look through your diary(again) before I try responding again.

I cannot believe how much conversation has been going on here!!!
    Ah man! I hate when that happens! I’ve started an MFP note on my phone so I can draft it out first! Any tips from you are always awesome!

@erikNJ I just love our engagement here! It’s refreshing to see all the positivity since I have also stopped getting on social media

@annabananamc thank you so much! Great job with always staying under! Your tips are definitely noteworthy and I am going to log my dinner today and see how it works out for me!

@DaffyGirl88 I checked out your food diary and you’re always spot on! Thank you for your thoughtful advice and reminding me of the reports and also about sodium intake, I completely forgot about that!

@rawrxamberx a no-loss is definitely better then a gain but I would definitely make sure you’re logging every meal(even the ones you don’t want to admit to) This is the best habit you could ever do for yourself! You’ll be able to pinpoint exactly why you gained/lost/feel bloated, feel like a mill bucks, etc) I can even recommend going as far as weighing out everything because at first you’ll be like “OMG! THIS is a standard serving?? to “Hey I can get full with just a standard serving if I add a serving ofveggies/fruit on the side!” Once you know what’s going, losing weight will come naturally but it takes mooooonths of trial and error. So I wouldn’t bang yourself up over a week of stagnancy
  • erikNJ
    Options
    JMTiv1979 wrote: »
    If you could go back in time, what 3 pieces of health advice would you give to your younger self?

For me, I would encourage activity (I hated organized sports but never knew how much I would enjoy walking/running), take better care of my skin (wear sunblock and moisturize!), and calories in/calories out matter!

My absolute number 1 is that it’s okay to have missteps, just keep going at it right after those missteps.
    My worse habit is that if I have a week where I didn’t eat healthy or workout or lose weight, I tend to have an “oh well let’s just give up” attitude.
    I have lost significant amounts of weight three times in my life. Even if I keep it off for years I always find my way back to the 270’s (like I did again in 2020)

I know that isn’t 3 things but it is the one that haunts me.
  • rawrxamberx
    rawrxamberx Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    @kryless2 thanks for the advice! When I first started into weight loss a longgg time ago I used to measure and log everything and it worked. I need to get back into that routine! Cuz when I have bad depressive days, I have a hard time doing what I need to do. But those are the days where I gotta push harder! I really love this group :smile:
  • thedestar
    thedestar Posts: 1,278 Member
    Options
    Tues 1/12
    Tracking: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: 38min Fitness Blender upper body (I'm super sore typing this)
    Water: 72oz
  • prehistoricmoongoddess
    prehistoricmoongoddess Posts: 1,003 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    brandi_84 wrote: »
    Prehistoricmoongoddess

Wednesday
    LW 151.8lbs
    CW 150.0lbs

@prehistoricmoongoddess
    Great loss!
    How's the leg? I hope you are doing better.

Thank you, and thank you for asking about my leg @brandi_84

I've still got a lump below the knee but a lot of the bruising has gone.The pain is lessening too.

I'm not exercising yet but I'm keeping busy with housework and gaining calories that way. My house hasn't looked so good for ages!
  • maryc11
    maryc11 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    user name = maryc11
    Date = Wednesday 1.13.21 6:19PM
    Tracked = Yes
    Under = Yes
    Water = 70 oz
    Steps = 7192

~apologies if this is a duplicate post; thought I hit post reply but when I came back to the thread, I didn't see it~
  • erikNJ
    Options
    Challenge 1/13
    tracked: yes
    under: yes
    active: no, had some errands to run tonight so we did that instead of going to the gym

Sun: n/y/n
    Mon: y/y/y
    Tue: y/y/y
    Wed: y/y/n
This discussion has been closed.