Mission Slimpossible - January 2021 Team Chat

Replies

• raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 689 Member
    raleighgirl09
    Monday pop in

Hi gang, sorry no check in yesterday! We had a very busy Sunday, turns out, which was not planned but fun. Only thing not fun is I ate from the jars of hot fudge and caramel sauce both Saturday and Sunday night so - it's going to be trashed. More on that later - not as satisfying as furniture polish being sprayed on it but I'll be dumping the jars and giving the cleaned containers back to my friend. Cals and no sugar BUSTED with that bit of foolishness.

More tonight!
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    MONDAY MINDSET!

Good morning! For today's mindset check I would like you to think about the questions that I posted in this week's January Reflections Challenge

1. Reflecting on this month how do you feel your 2021 health journey has begun?
    2. What could you have done better this month?

If you already answered these questions on the challenge thread please recap for us here.

Also, why not tell us how you plan to make this last week of the month your best week of the month!! B)
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,868 Member
    @TeresaW1020 Sounds good. When do you go out of town, I forget? Those nachos were really good and still healthy. That's great that you are still sugar-free! Yay!

@TwistedSassette Yeah I haven't either. The Sims 5 is supposed to come out in the fall and it looks really good, you should check out the EA trailer for it. I've always been curious about WoW but haven't ever played it. The nachos were really good and I made them healthier than the nachos I've made in the past! I hope you enjoy your 2 days off. Good job tracking!

MONDAY MINDSET
    How do I think my Jan has gone so far?
    Scale aside, I think my mindset has been better and I've been putting more thought into my health this month. I've journaled, tracked in the Habit Tracker, drank 150% more water, and made a strong effort to change my diet. What hasn't gone so well is exercise. According to the Habit Tracker, I've only exercised 5 days this month so far but hey, that's better than -0- days!

What I could have done better this month was actually exercise. I used to use the excuse of a 2-3 hour a day commute but that went out the window with the start of the pandemic: I now work from home 4 days a week and can make the time to exercise. I just prefer doing something else lol. I made a goal on Jan 1st to exercise 3 times a week until April 1st. I have not stuck with it. I finally did use the spin bike yesterday and I hope to do some kind of physical activity again this week.

I also should be meditating. It makes me a more calm person and I enjoy it. I set a goal of 10 minutes a day and I mostly haven't been doing it. I will start today.

MONDAY CHECK-IN
    I feel like I'm getting in the zone now. I tracked everything yesterday (I did go over my WW daily points, but I had weekly points to use so I'm good with it). I drank enough water and exercised. I made two healthy desserts to eat this week. When dinner was delayed last night, instead of snacking on cheese or tortilla chips or some nonsense, I got a bowl of fruit and actually enjoyed it.

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,114 Member
    This is my month Reflection:
    How did my month go so far?
    My January was slightly disappointing - I gained 4lb last week of the year and in the 3 following weeks, nothing happened. Not a thing.
    I said slightly because I’m a little bothered, while a year ago I would have seen red. I maintained when I wanted to lose, but guess what, threading the water is success. I didn’t know this before MFP.
    So yes, I’m shaking my head once, straighten my back, eyes front... and moving along.

I’ll do that if for nothing else but because I promised that at 49 ( in about 4h) I will be more patient and kinder to myself .
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,005 Member
    @TeresaW1020 --- how does the work book look on your Kindle? Sometimes things like worksheets don't show up well.
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 689 Member
    Username:Jactop
    Weigh in week: Week 4
    Weigh in day: Monday
    PW: 192.1
    CW: 193.1
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 689 Member
    January reflection:
    I really had trouble getting motivated at the beginning of this month but feeling a little more on track now. I ordered the ebook version of the Beck Workbook as the hard copy wouldn't arrive until March and I'm anxious to get started Feb 1st with everyone else. I read through it already and found it had lots of good info and strategies.

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,868 Member
    @Cornanda I, too, look at the workbook on a tablet. It's like a book so I think it would be fine on a Kindle, I just chose to read that on my tablet.

@TeresaW1020 That's coming up soon! Thank you re: my mindset. I think it has been really good, too. Yes, my water intake went from about 40-60 oz a day to over 128 oz a day. Quite an improvement. I will keep working on exercise. It will come! I hope next month is a good month for us all. That's great that you can eat the things you enjoy and be down on the scale. That's balance. "Puzzle dealer" lol...that sounds hilarious! ;) I'm glad you got some new puzzles.

@buniphuphu Good to see you! I'm sorry you haven't been able to schedule swimming, I hope you enjoy your swim tonight.

@Jactop I can't wait to start reading the rest of the Beck Diet Solution and the workbook. I'm glad your month turned around.

@raleighgirl09 I have to get up early to be on here, too. In my case, I get up at 4:30 a.m. which leaves me plenty of time to fart around on the computer. I start working at 7:30.

Hello all. I continue in my groove today. Yesterday was a fabulous day, I accomplished most of my goals...the only thing missing was meditating which I had to skip to go to an HOA board meeting online. I'm learning to like fruit. That may sound strange but I'm not a sweets person and when I do have something sugary, 9 times out of 10, it's something chocolate and high in points/calories. I had a ton of fruits and veggies yesterday. Change is happening!

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • apple852hk
    apple852hk Posts: 210 Member
    @TeresaW1020 Thanks for the encouragement. To answer the question pf do I buy the bars of chocolate; I do buy them. The reason is, there is chocolate at home that's not mine and I can't resist eating it. So I buy my own. If there was no chocolate that I know where it is, that would be more helpful. But also the chocolate is so cheap. I'm also gifted chocolate. Like Mozartkugen that was left over from Christmas. I don't want to let anything go to waste, so I eat anything. It's a hard mindset to shift.
    As for the little cubes, I hide a little chocolate inside it for my neice to open once she's finished her learning successfully. She loves opening it up than just being given a piece of chocolate. Of course, I don't want to encourage eating chocolate as a treat, so if anyone can think of an alternative that would be helpful. I've tried putting a sticker inside, but she doesn't enjoy that.
    @apple852hk You had a great week!! Question for you. Do you buy those chocolate bars? Is there a way that you can not buy them or strictly limit how many you do buy at a time? I almost never buy chocolate for myself because I deem that off-limits before I ever go into a store. It’s when other people buy it that I get into trouble. Your little cubes are so cute! What do you do with them all? :)

• apple852hk
    apple852hk Posts: 210 Member
    @Katmary71 I was wondering if i should not post a photo of the wrappers as it might be a trigger. This Sunday I'll just post a photo of yhe cubes it represent.
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    @apple852hk All those wrappers have me craving a candy bar so bad!

I'm sorry for not replying to everyone, my body is going nuts. We're having a storm plus I'm having hormone issues on top of everything else, I'm feeling pretty defeated.

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,013 Member
    Hello Slimpossibles!

It's almost the end of a big and busy January. That means it is time to see if anyone else would like to join your team! We are keeping recruitment small this month so that you really have a chance to spend time with each other. Do you find the team helpful? Invite a friend to join you! Just send them this link, they can sign up and request your team. It is more fun with friends :smiley:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10822656/february-2021-sign-up-for-new-members#latest

CONTINUING members do NOT need to sign up again! You're automatically carried over into February.
  • TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,547 Member
    Hi all, sorry I didn't check in yesterday, it was Australia Day and I had a busy day. I had to prep a platter to take to my sister's place for a BBQ lunch, then spent a few hours there before I had to bring the toddler home for his nap. I had lots of housework to do, and preparing to go back to work today. So I did read through everyone's posts, but didn't have a chance to post myself!
    I did some strength training with my resistance bands in the evening while watching a documentary on Disney+. And I rode my bike for just 5 mins while the little guy enjoyed his bath. But, with Australia Day, comes drinking. I had a few beers (low carb, but still beer) and was over on calories for the second day in a row. The scale showed me this morning why I don't drink much very often - up 1kg in a day! Obviously I didn't eat enough calories to gain 1kg of fat in a day, so I know it's just water retention - a factor of the alcohol, high sodium foods, and the stupidly hot & humid weather we're having!
    Back to work today, feeling determined and well-rested which is nice! And drinking alllllllll the water!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    nxvfdcis4s10.png
    Goals for January:
    Sleep: 177.9/200 hours (average 6.8 hours) - ON TRACK
    Total Calorie Deficit recorded to date: 2,137- ON TRACK
    Exercise: 566/600 minutes (average 22 minutes) - ON TRACK
    Meditation:4/4 sessions - COMPLETE
    Social Media: 17.22/31 hours (average 0.66 hours) - ON TRACK

Updated to 26/01/2021
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @buniphuphu Ugghhh it sounds like you are in a little bit of a rough patch. Winter is hard and especially when you are so used to being active and now your not feeling well and haven’t been swimming at much. You will find your groove again. <3

@Jactop Yayyy I’m glad that you will be joining us in our Beck book study!! :)

@raleighgirl09 Ohhh what a sweet hubby you have! And he is NOT insane. You know we don’t see ourselves the way others do. And your jiggly bits can tighten up with some toning. Do you lift weights at all? :)

@krea4 Wow you lost weight and got to eat chocolatey chocolate cake. I’m jealous!! :grin:

@trooworld Next month WILL be a good month. We have to purpose in our mind and heart to make it so! Awesome that you had such a good day. Stay in that groove! B)

@apple852hk Yeah, that is really hard when there is chocolate around you. Could you maybe buy a bag of chocolate that is in individual pieces and put them in the freezer and only allow yourself one or two a day? We used to do that with Dove chocolate. My hubby kept the bag and would only give me one an evening with our tea. :)

@anido1 Good loss this week! Keep it up. B)

Hi Team! Today was a good day. I worked out, went grocery shopping, and then came home and did some reading in the Beck Diet book. Since I’m leading our discussion starting on the first, I want to be a little ahead of the game. I also got in some puzzle playing time for the first time this week. In just a bit my mom and I are heading out for the start of women’s Bible study. I’m glad my mom has decided to come. It will be good for her to hang out with the girls. I’m still going strong with being sugar-free and I’m thinking of going into February with much the same goals. Even if I do have cake at my nephew’s wedding it’s only a one-time thing and doesn’t have to dictate my whole month. Right? ;)

January Goals: 1/26
    No Sugar Challenge: 26 Days sugar-free!
    Fast for 19+ hours: I fasted 19 hrs.
    Ate on plan: It was a Keto day
    Workout 30+ minutes: Barre Blend full body cardio
    Drink 96+ oz. of water: I got all my water in for the day
    2021 Focus Word: TRANSFORMATION
This discussion has been closed.