This January “I Will...”. NEWCOMERS, begin here!

Replies

• 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,747 Member
    @SummerSkier @MadisonMolly2017 is doing her end of January sprint, so she beat us all to the end of the month. 🤣
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,785 Member
    77tes wrote: »
    @SummerSkier @MadisonMolly2017 is doing her end of January sprint, so she beat us all to the end of the month. 🤣

well jeez.... why did I knot thing of dat?!!!!

I don't want Jan to be over because then I have to do my taxes... I SHOULD get money back but it's one of those chores I hate to deal with and will find ANY excuse - including adding days to January if possible - to avoid.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,970 Member
    EIGHT days left in January. Lots of time to make a small habit change!
    10. 10. 10. 10. 10. 10. 10. 10. 10. 10
    So, there are 36.5 10-day sprints in a year! If I lose 0.1 lb per sprint, I’ll be down 3.65 pounds. 3500 cals x 0.1 is 350 calories or a 35 calorie deficit per day.

I can do that!

Let’s make the MOST of the next 10 days!

Do you want to modify your “I Will”?

I have!

Created my 16-Day Plan, begun Jan 16...
    Goal: improve some food choices which should take off the pound.
    Status: calories definitely down, sugars down, sodium is coming down, steps are increasing Pleased❣️

As of Day 8:
    Great!
    🌟Calories 2K.....🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰|🥰🥰🥰
    🌟Steps > 7K.......🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰|🥰🥰🥰
    Sugars in range....🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰|🥰⛔️🥰
    🌟Sat Fat in range🥰🥰🥰🥰😘|🥰⛔️😘
    🌟Fiber in DR.......🥰🥰🥰⛔️🥰|😘😘⛔️

Much better!!
    🌟Sodium inrange...⛔️⛔️😘😘😘|🥰🥰⛔️

Must Improve:
    🌟Protein in DR.......😘⛔️😘🥰⛔️|🥰🥰⛔️

Now waiting for scale to catch up! 😂😂Grr
    Might have to cut more cals- gonna give this plan until Feb 1.

This hasn’t been easy, but this little tracker has been SO HELPFUL & I have definitely made huge progress since I started it 6 days ago. Every Day Counts!

🥰= perfect, nailed it
    😘= in pretty good range - definite improvement, but keep working on it
    = out of range. Focus on this tomorrow. Make a plan

🌟Monthly averages are great.

Getting better, but still not there...redoubling my efforts to get my food quality back where it was.

I’m determined not to do my January/February weight creep or even gain.[
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,334 Member
    Hi everyone! Maddie, I'll take a look at the Declutterfest thread in the morning if that is okay! I wanted to hop in and update my progress so I stay accountable. I haven't had a chance to go back and catch up on the first 7 pages yet, but hope to tomorrow! Have a great Monday everyone! #MoveItMonday

Up with alarm: 🌞 Up before alarm goes off: 😎

1/23: 😎
    1/24: 😎

January Goal:
    1. My goal for this month (This January I will..."): I will work on consistently getting out of bed by 7:00 a.m.
    2. The small actions I’ll be taking to accomplish this goal I will set my alarm for 30 minutes earlier than my normal wake-up time. When I consistently get up at that earlier time, I will set the alarm to go off earlier by 30 minute increments until I am consistently getting up by 7:00 a.m.
    3. The trigger or cue to remember to do my habit: When I plug my phone in at night, I will check that the alarm is set.
    4. How often will you do your new habit (daily is best if possible) Daily
    5. What reward will you immediately give yourself for doing your habit? I will place a checkmark for that day in my daily planner habit tracker.
    6. What help would you like from us? Ideally, you could show up every morning with Starbucks and ring my doorbell... but I will settle for you just being your wonderful encouraging selves. :mrgreen:
    7. What does success look like to you at the end of January/February? I will be waking up at 7:00 without the alarm and will be enjoying more hours in each day!

• MadisonMolly2017
    Hi everyone! Maddie, I'll take a look at the Declutterfest thread in the morning if that is okay! I wanted to hop in and update my progress so I stay accountable. I haven't had a chance to go back and catch up on the first 7 pages yet, but hope to tomorrow! Have a great Monday everyone! #MoveItMonday

Up with alarm: 🌞 Up before alarm goes off: 😎

1/23: 😎
    1/24: 😎

January Goal:
    1. My goal for this month (This January I will..."): I will work on consistently getting out of bed by 7:00 a.m.
    2. The small actions I’ll be taking to accomplish this goal I will set my alarm for 30 minutes earlier than my normal wake-up time. When I consistently get up at that earlier time, I will set the alarm to go off earlier by 30 minute increments until I am consistently getting up by 7:00 a.m.
    3. The trigger or cue to remember to do my habit: When I plug my phone in at night, I will check that the alarm is set.
    4. How often will you do your new habit (daily is best if possible) Daily
    5. What reward will you immediately give yourself for doing your habit? I will place a checkmark for that day in my daily planner habit tracker.
    6. What help would you like from us? Ideally, you could show up every morning with Starbucks and ring my doorbell... but I will settle for you just being your wonderful encouraging selves. :mrgreen:
    7. What does success look like to you at the end of January/February? I will be waking up at 7:00 without the alarm and will be enjoying more hours in each day!

@PackerFanInGB Thanks!
    Of course! No pressure at all - ever!
    Enough folks want to do a monthlong Feb Declutterfest so I’ll set that up & everyone can do as much or as little as they would like!

All my best to you,
    Maddie
  • MadisonMolly2017
    7️⃣ days left in January. Lots of time to make a small habit change!
    7️⃣7️⃣7️⃣7️⃣7️⃣7️⃣7️⃣7️⃣7️⃣7️⃣7️⃣7️⃣7️⃣7️⃣7️⃣
    So, there are 52 7️⃣-day sprints in a year!! LOL If I lose 0.1 lb per sprint, I’ll be down 5.2 pounds. 3500 cals x 0.1 is 350 calories or a 50 calorie deficit per day of a 7-day sprint!

I can do that!

Let’s make the MOST of the next 7️⃣ days!

I have!

Status: calories definitely down, sugars down, sodium is coming down, steps are increasing Pleased❣️

As of Day 8:
    Great!
    🌟Calories 2K.....🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰|🥰🥰🥰🥰
    🥰
    🥰
    🥰
    🥰

Much better!!
    😘

Must Improve:
    🥰

Jan 16-20: 24 🥰. 6😘 5⛔️
    Jan 21-25 (so far) 19🥰. 4😘 5⛔️
    Jan 26-30

Now waiting for scale to catch up! 😂😂Grr
    Might have to cut more cals- gonna give this plan until Feb 1.

This hasn’t been easy, but this little tracker has been SO HELPFUL & I have definitely made huge progress since I started it 9 days ago. Every Day Counts!

KEY:
    🥰= perfect, nailed it

🌟=Monthly averages are great
  • MadisonMolly2017
    6 days left in January. Lots of time to make a small habit change!
    6️⃣6️⃣6️⃣6️⃣6️⃣6️⃣6️⃣6️⃣6️⃣6️⃣6️⃣6️⃣6️⃣6️⃣
    Let’s make the MOST of the next 6️⃣ days!

I have!

As of Day 8:
    Great!
    🌟Calories 2K.....🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰|🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰|
    🥰🥰(10K)|
    🥰🥰|
    🥰🥰|
    🥰🥰|

Much better!!
    😘🥰|

Must Improve:
    🥰🥰|

Jan 16-20: 24 🥰. 6😘 5⛔️
    Jan 21-25: 26 🥰. 4😘 5⛔️
    Jan 26-30
    Jan 31-Feb 4

KEY:
    🥰= perfect, nailed it

🌟=Monthly averages are great

• SummerSkier
    quick update

1/1 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟 F 🌟, B 🌟
    1/2 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟 F 🌟, B 🌟
    1/3 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟 F 🌟, B 🌟
    1/4 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟 F 🌟, B 🌟
    1/5 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟 F 🌟, B 🌟
    1/6 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟 F 🌟, B 🌟
    1/7 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟 F NA 🌟, B x
    1/8 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟 F 🌟, B 🌟
    1/9 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟 F 🌟, B 🌟
    1/10 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟 F 🌟, B 🌟
    1/11 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟 F 🌟, B 🌟
    1/12 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟 F 🌟, B 🌟
    1/13 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟 F 🌟, B 🌟
    1/14 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟 F 🌟, B 🌟
    1/15 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟 F 🌟, B 🌟
    1/16 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟 F 🌟, B 🌟
    1/17 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟 F 🌟, B 🌟
    1/18 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟 F 🌟, B 🌟
    1/19 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟 F 🌟, B 🌟
    1/20 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟 F 🌟, B 🌟
    1/21 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟 F 🌟, B 🌟
    1/22 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟 F 🌟, B 🌟
    1/23 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟 F 🌟, B 🌟
    1/24 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟 F 🌟, B 🌟
    1/25 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟 F 🌟, B 🌟

I think I may have found the correct formula to cement these habits in. Looking forward to Feb and trying something new tho This one is boring me to tears... LOL

• nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,646 Member
    edited January 2021
    Hydration: January. M morning, A afternoon, N night
    1 M🌟 A🌟 N🌟
    2 M🌟 A🌟 N🌟
    3 M🌟 A🌟 N🌟
    4 M🌟 A🌟 N🌟
    5 M🌟 A🌟 N🌟
    6 M🌟 A🌟 N🌟
    7 M🌟 A🌟 N🌟
    8 M🌟 A🌟 N🌟
    Tweak: log M and N only
    9 M🌟 N🌟
    10 M🌟 N🌟
    11 M🌟 N🌟
    12 M🌟 N🌟
    Updating on computer/no star icon (or eye roll) so will use sunglasses instead.
    13 M B) N B)
    14 M B) N B)
    15 M B) N B)
    16 M B) N B)
    17 M :o N B)
    18 M B) N B)
    19 M B) N B)
    20 M B) N B)
    21 M :o N B)
    22 M B) N B)
    23 M B) N🌟
    24 M🌟N🌟
    25 M😲N🌟
    26 M🌟

This has been the easiest habit yet. I think it’s because I don’t have to talk myself into doing it. Lotioning up is it’s own reward. Smooth/Silky😊
  • SummerSkier
    @nebslp
    This has been the easiest habit yet. I think it’s because I don’t have to talk myself into doing it. Lotioning up is it’s own reward. Smooth/Silky😊

I like that. Seems like both of us have been easy on ourselves this month which is nice for a change right?
    I figured out what the heck was going on with my heels and cracks and nasty black finally. My foot scrubber in my shower was just plain wore out. So I kickstarted with a long soak (remember the palmolive!) and then for several days I really focused on putting lotion on under saran wrap while I was in the house. That combined with scrubbing them in the shower and some nu skin the first few painful days seems to have turned the corner.

wise saying of the day : never underestimate the usefulness of a wonderful new coconut soapy foot scrubber.
    Ok was trying to figure out how so say for want of a nail, the shoe fell off, for want of a shoe, the horse was lame...

Oops - time to go brush my teeth. B)o:)
  • SuperMotivated56
    SuperMotivated56 Posts: 119 Member
    This is my fourth full week of having maintained my new habit, with success.
    4v5kkwsvnr8q.png

Last stretch to make it a full five weeks and hopefully solidify this habit even more.
    I wish you all great success with the last stretch of January too.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    nebslp wrote: »
    Hydration: January. M morning, A afternoon, N night
    1 M🌟 A🌟 N🌟
    2 M🌟 A🌟 N🌟
    3 M🌟 A🌟 N🌟
    4 M🌟 A🌟 N🌟
    5 M🌟 A🌟 N🌟
    6 M🌟 A🌟 N🌟
    7 M🌟 A🌟 N🌟
    8 M🌟 A🌟 N🌟
    Tweak: log M and N only
    9 M🌟 N🌟
    10 M🌟 N🌟
    11 M🌟 N🌟
    12 M🌟 N🌟
    Updating on computer/no star icon (or eye roll) so will use sunglasses instead.
    13 M B) N B)
    14 M B) N B)
    15 M B) N B)
    16 M B) N B)
    17 M :o N B)
    18 M B) N B)
    19 M B) N B)
    20 M B) N B)
    21 M :o N B)
    22 M B) N B)
    23 M B) N🌟
    24 M🌟N🌟
    25 M😲N🌟
    26 M🌟

@nebslp That’s a key insight❣️
  • MadisonMolly2017
    4v5kkwsvnr8q.png

Last stretch to make it a full five weeks and hopefully solidify this habit even more.

Congratulations @SuperMotivated56 !
    🎉🥰🎉
    Do you feel better?
  • znaoiec
    znaoiec Posts: 1,984 Member
    This is my first time checking in since the beginning of the month and even though I don’t post often, I think of this group lots. I finally got the book Tiny Habits and am now making my way through it. I have also watched a couple of videos related to habits.

Things are going relatively well. I am staying on track with food and exercise and sleep which helps with everything else.

1. The clutter is fine. I am doing moderately well with superficial clutter but at some point I need to dig deeper. I will check out the declutter thread later and maybe this will be what I need.
    2. The Apple Fitness+ is great. I am finally doing something that I have struggled to do for years – to add diversity and strength to my fitness. If I consider why it is working for me, I would say it is because it is easy for me to do and is sometimes just fun to do. I am also getting positive reinforcement through the sharing app with my husband and sons who all give me thumbs up when I do workouts. And my husband is now joining my workouts which makes it more fun.
    3. The piano practice too has worked out well. I set an alarm as Molly suggested but found that I don’t need it. It has become pretty automatic for me to practice every evening. I was thinking about moving the piano but after watching a video by James Clear (?) where he said if you want to learn the guitar, put it in the living room, I left it where it was. It is where I see it ALL the time.

I did a lot of catching up since I last posted. There was a lot to read. I wish I could respond to everyone but it would take me all night. ;)

@themedalist Your writing notes to your parents really touched me. It is so lovely and such a wonderful idea. I lost my mother last summer who lived in a transitional living unit but I remember how challenging it was to keep meaningful bonds of communication while being isolated from loved ones.

@nebslp Excellent work with the hydration. One of my new habits that I recently made was putting lotion on my body after my morning shower. I finally figured out that I needed to put the lotion in the shower with me and I often put it under the water at my feet. It gets warmed up during the shower. I would always resist using lotion because it was so cold against my skin and now it is warm out of the bottle. And I hope your son is feeling better.

@MadisonMolly2017 As always, thank you for so much for all that you share. You are such an inspiration when I read your posts. And I do hope your hip is feeling better. I had a problem with my ankle a while back and it was quite upsetting to alter my exercise routine. I did find new shoes helped though the shoes were not the cause of the pain.

@clecmmander14 For what it is worth, I normally work a dessert type food into my diet every day. For lunch and dinner. It is not a lot but something sweet. I have figured out that the key for me is finding something that satisfies me but is also something that I am able to eat in a limited quantity. In other words, I can measure it, eat it, and walk away. There are many foods in which I can not do this and they do not live in my house.

Waving hello to all!!!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    @znaoiec Thanks for this awesome update! I’m thrilled Things are going so well for you!
    I, too, found I didn’t need the alarm after the first 3-5 days!

Thanks, too, for your thoughtful comments about my posts. I’m glad I’ve been able to inspire you - that gives me no end of joy to know!

I do think the February Declutterfest will be helpful in getting to the deeper clutter (of a particular type or in a particular location.)

I own(ed) MANY DS littering books over my adult life...best title “Clutter’s Last Stand” hahahaha

What worked for me: a combination of FlyLady (27 thing fling boogie & doing a 15-minute daily room Declutter, beginning at the door & working systematically around clockwise with trash, recycling, belongs in another room, donate, return to owner, etc. boxes or bags.

Marie Kondo was invaluable to me - and still is. 1. Our homes will never be organized & clean if we fill them with too much stuff
    2. The whole idea of keeping what you love, thanking the rest & letting it go. Once you experience going into a room & loving everything in it, or opening a drawer or closet of clothing and then wanting to wear those items, etc.
    3. it spreads to other areas. Everything from what foods do I love AND truly make me feel great to what hobbies fill my soul to who do I want in my life.

I now have fairy lights round our living room that is 2/3 filled with my art studio. Art Studio was a name I never used.

I have a bedroom that is restful with my favorite colors used just for sleep. Before it was overfull with all kinds of things.

Our kitchen is completely organized as is pantry freezer fridge which makes grocery shopping & cooking a snap but most of all allows us to easily keep it spotless.

I was never like this, but it has brought me such joy to create a healthy body I enjoy, a hone we love rather than being stressed by disarray & the difficulty of finding things, and interests, friends, etc. that fill my life with learning, creating, and love.

We began Dec 2015 with 1st pass of kitchen so we could cook at home.

Marie says to focus on your own things, so I never hassled my husband. And she was right. When he saw how easily it was to find things, he worked on “his” garage, old books, misc. old computers etc, organized his desk, running gear, cars, etc. He’s continuing to make great progress. Two days ago he remarked, “I really like having things organized,”as he retrieved the perfect battery from the battery storage he set up.

Big Hugs,
    Maddie
  • SummerSkier
    @znaoiec I have to try that Apple Fitness plus!!! Thanks for the reminder. I see it there all the time but have been hesitant to try it. I totally agree that diversity would benefit me also. Thanks for stopping in and the nice long update!

@SuperMotivated56 WOW! Totally impressed with your January I wills!

Summer
  • MadisonMolly2017
    77tes wrote: »

well jeez.... why did I knot thing of dat?!!!!

I don't want Jan to be over because then I have to do my taxes... I SHOULD get money back but it's one of those chores I hate to deal with and will find ANY excuse - including adding days to January if possible - to avoid.

@SummerSkier hahahaha I hear u on the taxes, but we do our’s in April...like IDK April 12, 13, 14...

• MadisonMolly2017
    Oh btw @SummerSkier

Seriously when I have an onerous task like that....15 Mins a day Time❣️
    Works like a charm - if you begin in Feb, not April 13th 😂🤣😂🤣 like we do - actually Hubby does lol

I’m using 15 mins a day right now for problematic yet critical prescription transfer....😳😳😳😳😳
  • SummerSkier
    Oh btw @SummerSkier

Seriously when I have an onerous task like that....15 Mins a day Time❣️
    Works like a charm - if you begin in Feb, not April 13th 😂🤣😂🤣 like we do - actually Hubby does lol

I’m using 15 mins a day right now for problematic yet critical prescription transfer....😳😳😳😳😳

The thing is that it really does not take me all that long to do them. Once I start I might as well finish. And since I should get money back of some amount then I will do them the first week in Feb. I could do them NOW but I like to give everyone until the end of Jan for documentation. If I had to pay yeah it would be April for me also,....

But I agree with you on the 15 min per day. My latest effort was my updated credit card. Mine expires 2/21 so I got a replacement with new pin and expiration of 2/26 but SAME #. You cannot imagine how difficult it is to update some things with JUST a new expiration date. I have been working for 2 days now on the toll tag ROFLOL... yesterday after being on hold for 10 minutes I think I got the next avail person but it hung up. Today I managed to talk to a person who gave me the correct procedure and transferred me. I got almost ALL the way there and BOOM. dial tone. Well tomorrow is another day and it is their website which is screwed up and they know it and already say no late charges for issues.

BTW, I sincerely hope that you or anyone else here are not upset that I "un"friended you a while back. You are very active on the boards but not active on the newsfeed. I typically only keep "friends" who are active there just because it's hard for me to keep up otherwise and I like to participate there. My friend list is very small...

summermaybesignsofspring

58vzxk5t0sou.jpg

• 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,747 Member
    4v5kkwsvnr8q.png

Whoo! Hoo!