This February “I Will” ... Newcomers Start Here

Options

Replies

• themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,212 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    These are great goals for February! @nebslp, my all time favorite way to eat oatmeal is the baked oatmeal carrot “cake” posted here:

https://ohsheglows.com/2014/03/19/heavenly-carrot-cake-baked-oatmeal/

It’s the only thing I make that gets rave reviews from everyone who has eaten it. Super easy to assemble the night before and then bake the next morning. Smells heavenly on a cold winter morning.
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,212 Member
    Options
    I too will use the short form for this month’s habit. Great idea, @MadisonMolly2017!

“After I feed my dogs breakfast and start the robovac, I will walk 20 minutes on my treadmill.”

Granted, 20 minutes of treadmill walking is not a tiny habit. And if I were just starting out, I’d start with 5 or 10 minutes. But because I walk on my treadmill daily, i’m just adding 5 minutes to my normal 15 minute walk. I’m also increasing the intensity of my walks. I usually walk at a pace best described as a leisurely stroll. Since all activity counts a leisurely stroll is fine on some days, but I do need the aerobic workout.

I am reading Kelly McGonigal’s book, “The Joy of Movement” as I walk on my treadmill. She’s a psychologist best known for her work on willpower and motivation, but it turns out she’s a huge exercise enthusiast and has been throughout most of her life. The book explores how exercise and activity affect every aspect of our life, health and well-being. Just fascinating! With at least 20 minutes of reading her book as I walk per day (I only read the book when I’m walking on my treadmill) I should be able to finish the book by the end of February.
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,795 Member
    Options
    @PKM0515 very nice set of stars you have going!!!! congrats!!!
    @MadisonMolly2017 you are allowed to have some days which are not stellar! Esp when you still meet the min. A success either way. I too enjoy apples. I tend to eat about half of Bandit's treats (he shares) Honeycrisp which I slice up to take to the barn,
    @SuperMotivated56 I like your focus. It is contagious just like a smile! No words of wisdom but us southerners like to smile and say "bless your heart" when we have nothing nice to say. I think you have to tell us more about where the negativity comes from for us to help (the internet? family? friends? work? etc..)
    @nebslp maple syrup sounds heavenly on oatmeal.
    @texasgardnr look at you go on declutterfest 2021! The unsweetened pears sound just amazing! Hope you are able to do the same this year. fruit has such natural sugar it always drives me crazy that manufacturers want to ADD more and ruin it.
    @themedalist I like your activity goal. 5 more minutes should be totally doable and benefit you get to finish the book. and of course you will continue writing to your parents! I hope they are doing well. Have you considered my recommendation to send them pictures once a week with the notes also?

And I finished my 2020 tax return today! o:):) I use taxact online and have for many many years (I started in 2006 on my PC when a friend loaned me their disk and I realized I had totally screwed up my 2005 return and had to file amended) It's so quick and definitely worth the $25. I used it for my Parent's and my Mom's returns which I also had to file in 2011-15 which were totally different than what I was used to so I really needed expert help.

Some thing which irritated me - the cap on property tax for itemized deductions is 10K. So altho I did 2 yrs worth in 2020 it really did me absolutely no good. Who knew? No way I could get more than the std deduction. This year my pay was down 10K due to Covid cuts. Not great but I am grateful for my health, working from home, and keeping my job which I wasn't sure about for a while. There is also a special place for stimulus payment. I did not think I qualified of course but the software ended up saying I did so hey I WILL take it. My return will be about 2x last year which is nice but of course is no where close to making up for the pay cut. It will buy me some shoes.

According to new this year the IRS is not going to start processing until 12 Feb. Seems later than usual as I normally do my return the first week in Feb and they are already processing. oh well.

My oatmeal tiny habit continues. I don't really need a reminder because I am a breakfast eater anyway. It's just a matter of fitting it in to my calories which I tend to go heavy in the evening vs morning.

Happy Sat everyone!!

• MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,987 Member
    Options
    Hello friends. 👋🏻
    February’s habit is vastly different to my previous habit. My focus for February is positivity. And working at not letting other people bring me down or detract from my positivity. I will work at being mindful of emotions and words and not getting pulled into negative talk. I will need to work at giving myself permission to withdraw from negativity. Success to me looks like a happier, healthier mind and soul, with more energy for myself, to continue on my health and well-being journey. 🌟
    I’m there to support you all with your habits and would be grateful for any support or words of wisdom from you. 💭💞

@SuperMotivated56
    What a life-changing habit to create!

We deserve to be with people who cherish us as we are.
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Options
    Feb 1 = M 🌟, W 🌟
    Feb 2 = M 🌟, W 🌟
    Feb 3 = M 🌟, W 🌟
    Feb 4 = M 🌟, W 🌟
    Feb 5 = M 🌟, W 🌟
    Feb 6 = M 🌟, W 🌟

Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend! 🌼 💕
  • nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,648 Member
    Options
    Today added a dab of peanut butter to my oatmeal to try something new. Yum! That’s a keeper.
  • SummerSkier
    Options
    nebslp wrote: »
    Today added a dab of peanut butter to my oatmeal to try something new. Yum! That’s a keeper.
    . Haha. Doesn’t peanut butter go with EVERYTHING??

• texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,658 Member
    Options
    @SuperMotivated56 your goal is such a worthwhile goal! Increased happiness will surely be your reward as you practice all sort of positivity this month 💖.

@themedalist thank you for sharing the baked oatmeal carrot cake. I does looks yummy!
    Good combination goal of reading Kelly McGonigal’s book while adding extra time to your usual treadmill walking 👟.

@SummerSkier yippee! your taxes are complete! Well done. Sometimes I switch it up and eat my oatmeal for lunch or supper if I want to eat something different for breakfast😋🥣.

@nebslp hmmm, I just might have to try peanut butter in my oatmeal one day 😉.

@SummerSkier I also agree peanut butter goes with (so far 🤪) anything. Recently for my peanut butter fix I'm eating chunky peanut butter (made without salt or sugar added) with a chopped up a square or two of 92% chocolate mixed in, with slices of either a banana or an apple on the side 😊.

Paper Tiger 🐯 = file cabinet/ old papers
    🌿🐯🌳 = hidden papers (such as found on book shelves or in drawers/closets)
    📄📬 = new paper and/ or mail
    🧩📚 = stuff
    💻📱 = digital
    🦋 = Declutterfest
    🥣 = oatmeal

February 1: 📄📬, 🦋
    February 2: 📄📬, 🦋🥣
    February 3: 📄📬, 🦋
    February 4: 📄📬, 🦋🥣
    February 5: 📄📬, 🦋🥣
    February 6: 📄📬, 🦋🥣🐯

February 7: 🥣

🤠🌺
  • PKM0515
    Options
    Feb 1 = M 🌟, W 🌟
    Feb 2 = M 🌟, W 🌟
    Feb 3 = M 🌟, W 🌟
    Feb 4 = M 🌟, W 🌟
    Feb 5 = M 🌟, W 🌟
    Feb 6 = M 🌟, W 🌟
    Feb 7 = M 🌟, W 🌟

• SuperMotivated56
    SuperMotivated56 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Thank you lovely friends for your kind words and responses. (Apologies that I'm still learning to navigate this app and am not entirely sure how to respond to each of your posts as you do...)

This first week and especially the weekend was a real challenge to me - I feel emotionally spent. You asked where the negativity is coming from - unfortunately mostly from people and family around me. I am trying to work at "letting it go" and not letting it get me down, but I'm clearly still a novice at this and am not doing that well so far. I'm a very emotional person and find it challenging to not wear my heart on my sleeve and get affected. I am trying to focus on the positive around me - of which there is a lot and for which I am very grateful. It's the surge of emotions that keeps tripping me up.

I'll keep at it and hopefully get stronger and more resilient as I go along. Last month's "I will..." challenge seems like a breeze to me now :blush:

Lots of strength to you all and I'm rooting for you all in your respective journeys. <3
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    ✅Feb 1
    B:🍎 L: unsweetened applesauce
    S: radishes D: cherry tomatoes 🍅 & onion 🧅 11.7 oz +potato puffs

🎖✅Feb 2 B: 🍎 L: applesauce
    S: carrots D: Large Greek 🥗 (lettuce tomatoes green-onion red pepper lemon juice) 18 oz+ potato puffs

✅Feb 3 B: 🍎 L 🥕 D 🧅 + peas 12 oz+ lentil veg dish

🎖✅Feb 4 B: 🍎L 🥬 🍅 green onion, red 🫑, 🍋 celery D: 🍎🍎 26.4 oz🎖

✅Feb 5 B: 🍎 L: 🥕 D:🍎 not my best food day, but at least I got these in! 10.2 oz +potato puff

🎖✅ Feb 6 16 oz 🎖B L D

🎖✅ Feb 7 16 oz 🎖 BLD

Yay!! Weekly average 15.5 Goal 15 oz or more

——————————-

• texasgardnr
    Options
    @PKM0515 lots of stars🌟!! You are so committed to your goal!

@77tes beautiful tracker! I always look forward to seeing how you will decorate it for the new month 💖. Getting colorful again!!

@SuperMotivated56 As you keep working on your goal of being and reacting with more positivity your emotional responses will definitely get stronger and more resilient as time goes on. We are cheering you on 💐.

@MadisonMolly2017 you did great on your weekly veggie 🥕/fruit 🍋 average!

🧩📚 = stuff
    💻📱 = digital
    🦋 = Declutterfest
    🥣 = oatmeal

February 8: 📄📬, 🦋🥣

🤠🌺
  • PKM0515
    Options
    Feb 1 = M 🌟, W 🌟
    Feb 2 = M 🌟, W 🌟
    Feb 3 = M 🌟, W 🌟
    Feb 4 = M 🌟, W 🌟
    Feb 5 = M 🌟, W 🌟
    Feb 6 = M 🌟, W 🌟
    Feb 7 = M 🌟, W 🌟
    Feb 8 = M 🌟, W 🌟

Posting here is really helping me to be accountable. Thanks, everyone!

Happy Tuesday! 🌼 💕
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    ]✅Feb 1
    B:🍎 L: unsweetened applesauce
    S: radishes D: cherry tomatoes 🍅 & onion 🧅 11.7 oz +potato puffs

🎖✅Feb 2 B: 🍎 L: applesauce
    S: carrots D: Large Greek 🥗 (lettuce tomatoes green-onion red pepper lemon juice) 18 oz+ potato puffs

✅Feb 3 B: 🍎 L 🥕 D 🧅 + peas 12 oz+ lentil veg dish

🎖✅Feb 4 B: 🍎L 🥬 🍅 green onion, red 🫑, 🍋 celery D: 🍎🍎 26.4 oz🎖

✅Feb 5 B: 🍎 L: 🥕 D:🍎 not my best food day, but at least I got these in! 10.2 oz +potato puff

🎖✅ Feb 6 16 oz 🎖B L D

🎖✅ Feb 7 16 oz 🎖 BLD

Yay!! Weekly average 15.5 Goal 15 oz or more

——————————-
    ✅Feb 8 18.75 oz 🎖BLD
  • SummerSkier
    Options
    I love how colorful this thread is!! I could only do that if I posted from my phone and I am too lazy for that. LOL.

Oatmeal. period
    Feb 1 = M 🌟
    Feb 2 = M 🌟
    Feb 3 = M 🌟
    Feb 4 = M 🌟
    Feb 5 = M 🌟
    Feb 6 = M 🌟
    Feb 7 = M 🌟
    Feb 8 = M 🌟
    Feb 9 = M 🌟

Honestly I love coming here and reading everyone's updates and it reminds me of things I need to do (like photo filing!)

A couple photos I just absolutely love altho the Dude got his white face a little washed out it was so bright!

0rbiras2ihg9.png
    5a9fhtmg75u4.png
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    @PKM0515 I agree that posting here is really helping me to be accountable also.

@SummerSkier I always appreciate seeing your pictures!

@MadisonMolly2017 your are doing great adding those veggies/ fruit! Yummy 😋

🧩📚 = stuff
    💻📱 = digital
    🦋 = Declutterfest
    🥣 = oatmeal

February 9: 📄📬, 🦋🥣

🤠🌺
  • PKM0515
    Options
    @SummerSkier

I love your photos! 💖

@texasgardnr

I have really been struggling with the water drinking the last couple of days. However, the thought of posting here has made me down a couple of glasses late in the day just to keep my "commitment."

For the water, I think I want to add some sort of manual tracking sheet to keep on my kitchen table. Something pretty! (I wish I could figure out what's wrong with my printer.)

Feb 1 = M 🌟, W 🌟
    Feb 2 = M 🌟, W 🌟
    Feb 3 = M 🌟, W 🌟
    Feb 4 = M 🌟, W 🌟
    Feb 5 = M 🌟, W 🌟
    Feb 6 = M 🌟, W 🌟
    Feb 7 = M 🌟, W 🌟
    Feb 8 = M 🌟, W 🌟
    Feb 9 = M 🌟, W 🌟

Have a Wonderful Wednesday, Habit Trackers! 🌞
  • texasgardnr
    edited February 2021
    Options
    @PKM0515 posting here has also at times made me do the same thing and I'll hurriedly go do whatever I had not done yet so that I can post a success 🤣😲. Doing that certainly can help us remember to hopefully accomplish our 'I will' earlier in the day 😁.

Maybe you can search online what your problem is with your printer and you just might get answers to help figure it out. I recently was having problems with mine even after I had put a brand new cartridge in. So I searched what was going on as well as my printer's model, and I found out that I needed to clean the print head. I ended up doing so several times before it was printing perfectly again. The article stated that cleaning several times was a possibility, so I was prepared for the possibility. I hope that you get yours up and working soon.

🧩📚 = stuff
    💻📱 = digital
    🦋 = Declutterfest
    🥣 = oatmeal

February 9: 📄📬, 🦋🥣
    February 10: 🌿🐯🌳, 📄📬, 🦋🥣

🤠🌺
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    @PKM0515 posting here has also at times made me do the same thing and I'll hurriedly go do whatever I had not done yet so that I can post a success 🤣😲. Doing that certainly can help us remember to hopefully accomplish our 'I will' earlier in the day 😁.

Maybe you can search online what your problem is with your printer and you just might get answers to help figure it out. I recently was having problems with mine even after I had put a brand new cartridge in. So I searched what was going on as well as my printer's model, and I found out that I needed to clean the print head. I ended up doing so several times before it was printing perfectly again. The article stated that cleaning several times was a possibility, so I was prepared for the possibility. I hope that you get yours up and working soon.

🧩📚 = stuff
    💻📱 = digital
    🦋 = Declutterfest
    🥣 = oatmeal