Downsizers - February 2021 Team Chat

Replies

• Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Do you have any food triggers? How do you handle them?

I'm with @Megan_smartiepants1970, on this one, pistachios in the shell... I really love nuts of all kinds, really. Currently I purchase them in individual servings. Some of them actually come in environmentally friendly packaging.

Yikes, I think I have like 6 different kinds of various mixtures of nuts. Good thing today is one of my higher calorie days. Then, there is the nuts and dried raison etc. mixtures.... :D:#
  • scribb
    scribb Posts: 3,659 Member
    Yesterday's steps 15,624

Exercise min 114

A much better day
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,478 Member
    @Tazaria87
    Did you do the ribs in the instant pot? With the walking, I was kinda of marching on spot. I will try your move next time.

@Beautyofdreams
    Before I switched to coke I drank Pepsi. I always said it was my drug of choice. I also used to say I was going to sue Pepsi for making me fat. 😂

@heatherbluebell
    I remember those cold winter days in Edmonton. That’s great that you finished your assignments. With your goals take it one day at a time. On the weekends if you want, just concentrate on one or two goals I did that for several months. I found it defeating when I didn’t meet all my goals. Go with your gut on the relationship. It is a big one but you know will know what’s right.

• lindamtuck2018
    @scribb
    It feels so good to when our day is better! Awesome steps!
  • lelbarou
    lelbarou Posts: 312 Member
    Check in Feb. 7
    Logging - yes
    Exercise - no

Check in Feb. 8
    Logging - yes
    Steps - 6615

I went to physio yesterday morning. She said my disk is inflamed and my posture needs correcting. She gave me some stretches and a few modified crunches and bridges to do and I can take a short walk if I don't have pain. She gave me an AWESOME massage and I had a great nap when I got home. I just got a call for some supply work, so I need to go focus on that, but I would like to reply to some posts later.

BTW, thank you to everyone who posted a congrats on my weight loss. Much appreciated!

To be continued later... (also want to answer the question about triggers..Great question by the way Linda_)
  • lindamtuck2018
    Monday’s check in
    ✅Steps 4,524
    ❌Sleep
    ✅Water
    ✅Track

I think my Fitbit is going to die. It is showing a 100% charge even though it hasn’t been charged since last week. I think I bought it in June 2020. I am going to contact Fitbit today and see what they got to say. I did buy extended warranty but the way that works is you send the Fitbit in and then they send a gift card from the store you bought it from. Anyway, I will wear until it completely dies. Maybe it is time to switch to an Apple Watch as I have bad luck with Fitbit watches. This is my 6th one since July 2015.

I had to drive my husband to work so I could have the car so i had to get up early therefore I missed my sleep goal. I have 2 appointments today with one being the dreaded dentist. 🤦‍♀️ Yesterday, I did both my mini walks and 15 minutes of arms. My dumbbells are not very heavy but my arms hurt today. I will do the arm exercises again tomorrow.

Have a terrific Tuesday!
  • lindamtuck2018
    lelbarou wrote: »
    Check in Feb. 7
    Logging - yes
    Exercise - no

Check in Feb. 8
    Logging - yes
    Steps - 6615

I went to physio yesterday morning. She said my disk is inflamed and my posture needs correcting. She gave me some stretches and a few modified crunches and bridges to do and I can take a short walk if I don't have pain. She gave me an AWESOME massage and I had a great nap when I got home. I just got a call for some supply work, so I need to go focus on that, but I would like to reply to some posts later.

BTW, thank you to everyone who posted a congrats on my weight loss. Much appreciated!

To be continued later... (also want to answer the question about triggers..Great question by the way Linda_)

The physiotherapist got me to buy a brace which puts my shoulders in the correct position to help with posture. I don’t have to wear it all the time but it helps. It cost $50 but it is worth it. I hope with your physio exercises things settle down.
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    @Tazaria87
    Did you do the ribs in the instant pot? With the walking, I was kinda of marching on spot. I will try your move next time.

No we do them in the oven with a pretty simple method. I could type it out if anyone wants.
  • Tazaria87
    Daily Post February 8
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 106oz
    Steps 9561
    Exercise 24 min Inc Dance Fit video

Had my nieces most of the day so I did my video after they left before we ate dinner. We kept busy and the day seemed to go by really fast.
  • littleflutterby
    littleflutterby Posts: 432 Member
    Littleflutterby
    Weigh in Day: Tuesday
    PW:304.0
    CW: 302.2

SW-375
    LTD-72.8lb

I am having to do a mantra for this. *a loss is a loss, Tanya* lol. Better than the minute gain last week :(

I still don't have the energy to exercise at all! But at least I've been able to focus on my studies more. 6 days til midterm!!! eek!!!

I like the questions of the day- I'm going to try my best to get back on here and answer them, they're great!!!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,915 Member
    lelbarou wrote: »
    Check in Feb. 7
    Logging - yes
    Exercise - no

Check in Feb. 8
    Logging - yes
    Steps - 6615

I have you excused from our step challenge ...Did you want me to remove the excused?
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,915 Member
    Good Morning Dazzling Downsizers ...I hope you all are doing great ...As for me I am a bit sore today due to falling in a mud puddle yesterday on our walk ...my left ankle is a bit sore and my hip is bruised...I soaked in a hot bath with Epson salt and bubbles last night ...I go see my GP tomorrow for my lab results and then I Thursday I go to my surgeon to find out why I have a grapefruit size bulge in my tummy ..I personally think it is another hernia will find out soon ...
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 879 Member
    Steps 2/8: 15,006
  • lindamtuck2018
    Tazaria87 wrote: »
    @Tazaria87

No we do them in the oven with a pretty simple method. I could type it out if anyone wants.

Please that would be great as I am always looking for new recipes.
  • kdlgiannoulis
    kdlgiannoulis Posts: 27 Member
    Tuesday check-in:
    ✅ water
    ✅ cardio
    ✅ tracked everything
    ✅ under calories!!!!! (That is unusual for me)
    Yay! Good day😀
  • Tazaria87
    edited February 2021
    Tazaria87 wrote: »
    @Tazaria87

Please that would be great as I am always looking for new recipes.

1 rack pork spare ribs
    2 tsp dijon mustard
    2 Tb white vinegar
    3 1/2 tsp kosher salt
    3/4 Tb fresh course ground pepper
    1/2 tsp garlic powder
    1/2 tsp ground paprika
    1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
    1/4 tsp ground cumin

In one bowl, whisk the mustard and vinegar. In another bowl, mix together all the spices. Put the rack of ribs on a foil lined cookie sheet meat side down. Make a slash and a few poke holes with a knife through the membrane between each bone.

Spread half the mustard/vinegar on and then sprinkle on half the spices. Flip the ribs over so the meat side is up. Spread on the other half of the mustard/vinegar and then sprinkle on the other half of the spices.

Put the ribs in the fridge uncovered for 4 hours. You don't HAVE to do this if you don't have time, but it makes them better.

Preheat the oven to 300 degrees. Put the ribs on a rack in the center of the oven. Bake for 1 1/2 hours, then baste the ribs with their own juices. (I usually just slightly tip the pan and use a spoon to put the juices back on top). Bake until the ribs are done. In our experiences this can take anywhere from 1 to 1 1/2 more hours. You want them to temp at over 204 degrees.

If you're not a huge fan of pepper you can lower the amount because you can taste it. Or change anything else really. We've changed the spices a little every time and this one is the best to us so far.
  • iradi8
    iradi8 Posts: 561 Member
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    2/7 Steps 18,399
    2/8 Steps 10,062
  • Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    2/09
    Logged all food.
    Under calories.
    Drank 96 oz. water.
    No exercise. :(

It's a balmy 30 below windchill here and expected to last through next week. I have never been a cold weatherperson and am so glad to have purchased a good winter coat this summer. Always have two winter coats, one for the ten and below weather and the other for the warmer ten to 40 degree days.
This discussion has been closed.