• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,499 Member
    Options
    Friday’s check in
    Steps 6,086 ✅
    Sleep ✅
    Water ❌
    Track ✅

I didn’t meet my water goal and that is the first time in forever. I ended up drinking 2 small bottles of coke when I usually am drinking water and that can’t happen again. I need to limit it back to one every weekend. I had one on Friday too. I love pop and if I totally remove it from my diet it sets me up for failure. I despise the taste of diet pop so that is not an option.

Today I am not going to do much. I have to go to a different grocery store to get my ice tea drops for my water. Other than that it is washing my floors and binge watching on Netflix. Lazy day!

Have a super Sunday!
  • 363days
    363days Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    Hi, Megan, I know you may not still be doing Jan - I've bee mia but here they are in case
    for the week I had a total of 18,233 wk 1/24-1/30
  • 363days
    Options

Welcome, new members. I am very glad you have joined us.
  • 363days
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    Please keep me in the step challenge at 9k a week
  • 363days
    Options
    @COscorpio8402
    Hi, Emily, I live in Tulsa. OK and my son lived in Louisville until a year ago. I really miss visiting him in CO, there are so many wonderful hiking places. In Tulsa we have basically one - Turkey Mountain, but we have some nice river trails as well. Nothing compares to the mountains, though!
  • 363days
    Options
    @blueberryyogi Glad to have you and I know you have had a lot of challenges as someone working in the school system. Glad to have you.
  • 363days
    Options
    @missGYST I'm so excited for you and the fun trip you have planned. I will be living vicariously thorough you, as I haven't been able to ski this year, so be sure and share all of the yummy details and how you got yourself in shape for it.
  • 363days
    Options
    Bluetail6 wrote: »
    I was asked how I have been so successful in my weight loss.... I hope this might give you all some additional insight into what makes me "tick."

Today (actually yesterday, I haven't gone to bed yet) is the perfect time to answer this question... So, when I planned my dinner I used the calories for chicken breast... I had chicken thighs. I was charging my smartwatch, so I didn't have it on the first half of my workout.... I had my watch set to laps like I was swimming? I went way over my calories, and macro/micro nutrients, except for sodium and fiber I think. This is after I had a 2nd helping of chicken, but before I changed it to the correct cut. Additionally, I forgot to do the math for changing it back to raw, as I didn't weigh it, before I baked it.... Did I give it a second thought? Honestly, no.

I've mentioned in the past that "this time" I've given a lot of thought to areas of life I have been quite successful at, to weight loss. I have applied those same principles. It gives me a way to "get out of my own head" as it were, and just move on, keep going on to the next thing/goal/idea/success. Make sense?

Focus: I'm very focused, so a meal mess up, workout mix up, or calorie miss count doesn't deter me. Even an out and out unplanned (it's gonna happen) meal blowout isn't going to cause me to lose focus, beat myself up, etc. Stuff happens. As simple as that.

Confident: I am absolutely confident I will reach my goal. Currently, I am 7 lbs. away from a normal weight range. On 9/1/2020, I was 32 lbs. away. I'm still going strong, imho. Please remember I am tying my weight loss to more than just weight loss. A paradigm, I mean paradigm shift for me.

Optimistic: I am relentlessly optimistic. Yep, I generally see the glass almost spilling over.... Before I know it I have succeeded at whatever it is I put my mind to, work very hard at, and never give up on. I am going on past results. It is happening now.

Please, please understand I am NOT bragging or anything close to that. I am sharing who I am. Having been raised by a single mother (father died in a tragic car accident when I was 6) who worked 3 and 4 jobs at a time to make sure we six kids were fed, clothed, and educated: hard work and a sincere belief in success is in my DNA.

Can a real change in mindset work for anyone? Yes, absolutely. For me, so far, so good. I'll keep you posted <3

Thank you for sharing this information - I love it. I hope more people will share when they lose weight, even if it is something we've heard before because I really do need to hear things over and over. Question - did you every struggle with bingeing?
  • 363days
    Options
    rlaskey2 wrote: »
    Steps: 9,165

Started week 3, the final week of my MBFA Program (Muscle Burns Fat Advanced). Yesterday was lower body. She kicks my butt in a good way. I just had my 10 year old daughter help me do my first of the month measurements and this month I have lost 5 3/4 inches. Yay!! Progress finally!

And I am trying this on my computer and it is sooo much easier than my phone.

For those new members, my name is Rachel and I am 43. I am a married mom of two kids, one very old dog and two naughty kitties. I live in Massachusetts. I love the beach and every season but winter because I hate the cold. I have been on furlough for the last 10 month due to covid so I help my kiddos with school the days they are home.

Last year I committed to working out more and succeeded but had not succeeded on the weight loss and added some more lbs during covid.

My weight has gone up and down my whole life. I have never been what doctors would say is a healthy weight but I have at times been more comfortable with my weight. 20 lbs crept back on over the last 3 years slowly bringing me to my highest weight with the exception of being pregnant.

I have been here for a few months and really just bounce back and forth within a few pounds. I do keep coming back because I refuse to give up on myself and I enjoy reading about other team members journeys and the support.

I seem to finally have gotten my act together and had 3 losses in a row, let's see what this week brings. My current motivation is vacation in two weeks!

Ahhh, it sounds like you live in a beautiful place. I appreciate you sharing - it is motivational to hear that e ven though your weight bounces back and forth (like me) you have gotten 3 weeks in a row with a loss! It sounds like you are doing great!
  • 363days
    Options
    jimboden3 wrote: »
    Motivation for losing weight
    I'm a 52, father of 4 (2 girls & 2 boys - ranging between 22 - 15) living in St. Louis, Missouri and I've been an insomniac and workaholic for most of my adult life. I basically led a sedentary lifestyle for 20+ years until summer of 2019 when I was at a party with neighbors and heard a story about a guy that had a heart attack and died the day after he retired and that was my wake-up call (at the time I was ~ 8 years away myself). I have a lot to look forward to between spending time and traveling with my wife Susan and watching my kids grow up and start families of their own so I want to be around long enough to enjoy this (and be healthy enough to have an active lifestyle). Some people get lucky living long and independent lives but I'm not planning to roll the dice so I'm making the effort to take care of myself ... so I can enjoy taking care of others.

Your motivation is very inspiring. I see a lot of grandchildren in your future!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,308 Member
    Options
    Bluetail6 wrote: »
    Still in shock. A very dear friend of ours passed away, suddenly, this week. Just saw it in the newspaper on Saturday. He was an amazing and accomplished individual. He was my music teacher in college... Shawn Lyons. I couldn't come close to describing how wonderful he was. There is an article in the Anchorage Daily News that scratches the surface. ADN.com. :'(<3

Sorry for your loss ..hugs
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    @lelbarou I will excuse you until further notice ... I hope you feel better soon...Hugs

• azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Username : azkunk
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    PW:176.4
    CW: 175.3
    LTD: 31.7

Not a bad week. Next week will be my last full week at the vaccine POD. The hospitalizations are going down and we are being asked to return to our normal work which for me is hospital quality and patient safety. I really enjoyed my time in the POD and felt it to be personally rewarding. I am looking forward to getting back to my routine and losing weight. I managed to lose during this redeployment but it was at a slower rate. I hope to still be able to sign up for at least one shift per week until the POD closes in March. After that point, they think pharmacies and doctor's offices will have vaccine to distribute.

• azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

1/31: 8592
    2/1:8976
    2/2:10739
    2/3: 9515
    2/4: 7825
    2/5: 8353
    2/6: 6674
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Friday’s check in
    Steps 6,086 ✅
    Sleep ✅
    Water ❌
    Track ✅

I didn’t meet my water goal and that is the first time in forever. I ended up drinking 2 small bottles of coke when I usually am drinking water and that can’t happen again. I need to limit it back to one every weekend. I had one on Friday too. I love pop and if I totally remove it from my diet it sets me up for failure. I despise the taste of diet pop so that is not an option.

Today I am not going to do much. I have to go to a different grocery store to get my ice tea drops for my water. Other than that it is washing my floors and binge watching on Netflix. Lazy day!

Have a super Sunday!

Have you tried like selzer water and adding mio drops or limes or lemon to it ?
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    363days wrote: »
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    Please keep me in the step challenge at 9k a week

You are still on it .... :)
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Daily Post January 6
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 102oz
    Steps 9090
    Exercise 43 min Inc Dance Fit video

Decided to do a longer video since I don't usually get many steps otherwise on Saturdays. It worked really well and I didn't have to walk in place at night. The video I chose was pretty fast moving and I got almost 7000 steps in the 43 mins, crazy.

On another note, I'm pretty sure the scale is playing games with me. Yesterday was weigh in and it showed 186.6 for a 0.4 gain for the week. Today it showed me 185.0. A 1.6lb difference in one day? It's playing tricks lol. Just to clarify, I'm not actually upset, just think it's funny.

Today is rest day and the day we usually go to my parents house. No different today. We are making ribs for everyone for dinner, I'm excited.
  • COscorpio8402
    COscorpio8402 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Username : coscorpio8402
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    PW: 194.6
    CW: 195.2

I have really been struggling lately. Hoping this week is the week I get back on track 😜
  • DawnCumm
    DawnCumm Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    weigh in on Sat was 155, keep going up and down.....at least there is a down.

Will not be able to weigh in on the 13th or the 20th, but still want to stay with the group even if only for a few weeks of Feb. Fingers crossed we get to Jamaica without any hick ups and can get back without COVID. LOL, or I may be stuck there a little longer. Enjoy your valentines day everyone!!!! Just bought a size 12 dress for the wedding of my son....a little nervous wearing something somewhat fitted but I have lost a lot over the years, time to show it off a little.
  • rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Steps 15,163

Finnish my last real work out of muscle burns fat since today is just stretching. Made pizza for dinner, kids and hubby choose to eat my healthier one versus the frozen ones they usually would choose.
This discussion has been closed.