Downsizers - February 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,500 Member
    Options
    eo1t9ofd0mak.jpeg

Lets continue to learn about each other’s weight loss journey!

Do you have any food triggers? How do you handle them?
  • rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Steps 8,990

Officially finished my 6 week program with the last day being a nice stretching routine. Today I will restart from the beginning but try to use heavier weights. Going to do this for a week until I go away then most likely switch to something else when I get back.

Used last night as my cheat meal and had super bowl snacks. Back to it today, today’s breakfast in the meal plan was a savory cottage cheese bowl. Filled with red peppers, cucumbers and tomatoes. It wasn’t bad. This meal plan has been great to try new things!
  • rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    lelbarou wrote: »
    weigh in Monday Feb. 8,2021
    Lelbarou
    SW 365
    PW 306
    CW 301.4
    @lindamtuck2018
    loss=4.6 pounds

Amazing loss, great job!
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,500 Member
    Options

Some of my food triggers are chips, peanut butter and crackers. With potato chips I can some what control by getting a single size serving bag. If I get a family size bag I don’t stop until they are gone. Even though peanut butter is not one of my favourite foods it is a another one that once I start I can’t stop. It is the same with saltine crackers. So you won’t see those 2 things in my apartment.
  • Z10Rtza
    Z10Rtza Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    eo1t9ofd0mak.jpeg

I have different levels.
    There are things I can not have at home like Chocopasta or Ice creams. If I have them I can not ignore them. Or I eat from them and I feel miserable or I don't eat them and I feel even more miserable, so I decide just not to buy.
    There are things that I can eat a bit and stop. With who knows how much self control. In this case it can be cookies, chips....
    And there are things that I change by using healthy alternatives, like eating dates for the sweet touch or raw carrots for crunchiness.
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Steps
    2/6 11,460
    2/7 10,224
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options

@Tazaria87
    Those scale fluctuations are so funny. What always amazes me is one person can pour salt on their plate and never go up a pound but I go up 2 pounds when I eat anything salty. I had some steps to reach my goal last night and I tried walking in place. It didn’t seem to give me many steps so I ended up moving around the apartment. I thought that was weird. Do you ever have this problem?

My step counter is on my phone so I just put it in my pocket and don't have much problem. You have a watch though right? Maybe swing your arms more? I also don't exactly "walk" in place. My toes don't leave the ground. I pick up my heels, which brings my knee forward, and really swing my hips and my arms. It raises my heart rate a little this way. It's a move from my dancing videos they usually warm up with haha.
  • Tazaria87
    Options
    Daily Post February 7
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 88oz
    Steps 3272
    Exercise Rest Day

Had a nice time at my parents house. Ribs turned out fantastic and everyone loved them so I was happy. My dad told me he loved hitting the punching bag when my brother was over and wanted to do it more. We both have ripped up knuckles still though so gloves are necessary. We found some on Amazon, they will be here in a couple of days.

Today we are trying a new method of making a pork shoulder. We make them pretty often to use for lunches but with as cold as it is, my husband didn't want to use the outside smoker. We are trying an oven method, anxious to see how it turns out.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,308 Member
    Options
    Congrats Linda, Beautyofdreams and Laura for being our 3 top Downsizer losers ....Great job Ladies :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Would the following people please post their steps so I can post the results:

@heatherbluebell 2/5 & 2/6

@lcfa5317 1/31-2/6
    @dutchrower 1/31-2/6

Thank you Ladies :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    eo1t9ofd0mak.jpeg

Trigger foods for me use to be any kind of rice, pasta potatoes ....Now that I went back to Keto on January 1st I no longer crave those ... My trigger food is Pistachios in a shell ( I would measure them out ..eat those and go back for more )...if I had to guess I was eating at least 1000 calories if not more ...now I buy them without the shell ...and measure 1/4 cup I either eat them plain or I put them on my salad for more crunch
  • Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options

I always refer to soda pop as my gateway drug. The sweet taste in my mouth makes me crave carb laden foods and if I don't eat something with it, I get an upset stomach. Also, when eating products with tomato sauce, it calls for chocolate and of course chocolate calls for more chocolate.
    How I handle food triggers is I avoid them. If not possible to avoid or limit the trigger food then I find an activity to do during or after eating that will grab my attention and make me not want to continue eating. Sometimes, just telling myself that I have had enough works. I never know when I am full or empty so it is easier to tell myself that I have had enough.
  • Tazaria87
    Options
    eo1t9ofd0mak.jpeg

In the past, it wasn't about eating certain foods for me. It was more about just overeating everything. Whatever we were having for a meal or snack or whatever, I would just consume food until I felt sick and physically couldn't eat anymore. Candy was a big binge food for me. Any kind where I could just pop it in my mouth, I had no control. Gummies, jelly beans, mini candy bars- no control.

Right now though I don't feel like I really have any triggers anymore. I portion out everything I eat and am satisfied.
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    Would the following people please post their steps so I can post the results:

heatherbluebell 2/5 & 2/6
    @mari_moulin 2/6
    lcfa5317 1/31-2/6
    dutchrower 1/31-2/6

Thank you Ladies :)

Saturday - 12,718
    Sunday - 13,530
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Options
    363days wrote: »
    Arggghhh - on my way out the door to Zumba this morning, first time in two weeks due to being sick, and fell down the steps and landed on my knee - sliced it and bruised to the core. The ice started on my porch and I had no idea - boy was I surprised. I will probably have very low steps for a couple of days but I'm going to find a chair exercising video to get some type of movement into my day.

What... I'm so sorry this happened. Do you think you need to get stiches? Please keep us informed <3
  • Bluetail6
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018
    @Beautyofdreams
    @lelbarou

Congratulations on your losses!! :)<3
  • Bluetail6
    Options
    jimboden3 wrote: »
    JimBoden3
    Weigh-in Day: Monday (Feb 8, 2021)
    CW: 215.1
    PW: 215.5
    SW: 240

I'm only down just 4/10ths of a pound this week but it's a little misleading as we celebrated a birthday on Saturday and Super Bowl Sunday doesn't exactly lend itself to being known as a health food day - that being said I was somewhat judicious. My 18 year old son wanted Olive Garden takeout for his birthday meal - specifically Chicken Alfredo, Lasagna, and a healthy portion of their salad and breadsticks. I skipped on the Alfredo and breadsticks, and limited myself to the Lasagna and too much salad thinking it would fill me up ... then a slightly smaller than normal size slice coconut banana cream pie. Everything was delicious but ughh - I gained 2.8 pounds on the scale the next morning! I knew it was going to be bad (and I'm sure some of that was water weight) but I had to double-time it on the steps on Sunday. Anyway, it was a 'special occasion' (so I'm allowed to go over on my daily intake a bit) and it was still a down week in the end so I'm optimistic that getting back to my routine will yield better results next Monday.

There wasn't anything too super with the Super Bowl (we were rooting for the Chiefs) but the food was decidedly better than the usual "big game" fare. We had blackened (spicy) shrimp, vegan cauliflower buffalo 'wings', baked chicken tenders and fresh veggies (no dip for me) instead of the typical chili, fried chicken wings and endless tortilla chips, etc. At least the food was good.

Just a quick update on hitting my January weight loss goal, after much careful thought, I decided to skip buying the TV for the exercise room as my reward and instead went ahead and got on the waiting list for the rowing machine (Concept 2 Dynamic) which per the email they sent me, has a an estimated delivery of "timelines are uncertain; production is scheduled intermittently when possible" but given their most popular model is 6 - 7 weeks out, I expect it to probably be springtime before it makes it. My thinking is they're going to be backed up for an extended time so the sooner I get it on the list, the sooner I can up my game on higher calorie burning exercises. Anyway the delayed gratification kind of goes with the whole weight loss thing anyway right :)?

Your dinner out sounds great!! Also, the Super Bowl fare... delicious.

We love the Concept2 rower. Got it just after Christmas. It is a cinch to put together. Eagerly awaiting the delivery of the SkiErg this week. Congrats on the rower :)
  • jimboden3
    jimboden3 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    1. Either beer or wine can match up really well with certain foods - As long as I stay within my daily net calorie intake I allow myself 1 drink (up to two nights) on the weekdays and up to 2 drinks on either a Saturday or Sunday. I've really cut back but will have a drink every now and then.
    2. Ice cream or cookies - Again, as long as I'm under 2,000 net calories for the day, my plan allows for a small amount up to twice / week. In reality, I maybe only have ice cream once every other week and I use our smallest bowl and usually put raspberries on top to keep it somewhere between 2/3 to 3/4 cup) . With regards to cookies, my wife, Susan buys Oreo thins that have a serving size of 4 and I hold off for 2 which is just enough to satisfy the sweet tooth but only add up to 70 calories for the pair.
  • lcfa5317
    lcfa5317 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    My steps:
    01/31 = 6, 892
    02/01= 11, 105
    02/02= 8.966
    02/03= 6,451
    02/04 = 7, 002
    02/05 = 15,807
    02/06 = 11,282
    02/07= 7,043
    02/07 = 8,241

Also, how do you count a stationary bike? I have been using my bike in the basement. Finally!

Weigh in day today.
    PW = 192
    TW = 192.2

Trigger food - tortilla chips. I just keep eating them. I have to stop buying them.
This discussion has been closed.