Downsizers - February 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018
    That's cool that you read the article!! Yes, he is another that is gone before his time. He had such a very diverse group of friends. He will be missed by many. Thank you for the virtual hug <3.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,308 Member
    Options
    DawnCumm wrote: »
    weigh in on Sat was 155, keep going up and down.....at least there is a down.

Will not be able to weigh in on the 13th or the 20th, but still want to stay with the group even if only for a few weeks of Feb. Fingers crossed we get to Jamaica without any hick ups and can get back without COVID. LOL, or I may be stuck there a little longer. Enjoy your valentines day everyone!!!! Just bought a size 12 dress for the wedding of my son....a little nervous wearing something somewhat fitted but I have lost a lot over the years, time to show it off a little.

Did you want me to excuse you from the step challenge until further notice?
  • Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Username: Beautyofdreams
    Weigh-in: Sunday
    PW: 154.2
    CW: 154.0

• Bluetail6
    Options
    @363days
    I'm in the "I need to hear things more than once" club too!

I've never really had a problem with binging with food. I had just steadily put on weight over the years, took a little off, gained a little back. Never gained all of what I lost back, but just sort of stayed in limbo. I think my biggest problem was not wanting to adapt the way I loved to eat at the time to a healthier form. Both my parents were from the South. We kids were born and raised in Alaska. We grew up on some of the most delicious, fat filled, savory, and other Southern dishes you can imagine. I ate and cooked like that for years. When I really started to make the change in eating style, quite a few years ago, the problem then became eating out all the time. I had fairly high-pressure jobs, or owned my own business. Eating out, sometimes I would choose healthier things... I always had a salad with my pasta, steak, etc... But still had no control over what exactly was going into my food, or sometimes just choosing what was quick. And of course, eating out, there would be the wonderful glass or two of wine which perfectly complimented the meal.

Also, not moving enough. At the end of the day, I would want to eat, not exercise. So I changed that some years ago. Just moving more. I had always been active as a child. Then some family tragedies, got thrown in, and that stalled my forward momentum... I have always been the one my family members lean on. I am 2nd youngest. Anyway, so it went.

Well, not any more. I took stock early last Fall. I decided me, first. My husband was totally on board, he has never been overweight. I have been losing generally around 1.5 lbs. a week since 9/1/20. Just know my first week I gained 0.4 and my second week I stayed the same. It wasn't till my 3rd week that I actually lost weight. That didn't deter me then. I don't feel I have to do it all. I ask for help, which was a biggie for me. I don't commit to more than I want to do. I really protect my time, and my space. This has reaped phenomenal benefits thus far. I have dropped a few people from my life that were toxic. I am willing to do the work. I truly believe the best is yet to come. The past has been amazing overall, though... I can't get away from that "glass half full" thing. Also losing a friend last week really helps me put things in perspective.

I do binge on Amazon Prime or Netflix :D<3

• Bluetail6
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    Thank you so much for your kind words. You know how some people are just "alive"? Well he was one of those people. It makes me stop to appreciate all that I have, can do, etc. even more. :)<3
  • Bluetail6
    Options
    "Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it."
    -- Maya Angelou
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    jrlbz3eu5o8q.jpg

oizv02w9bmyw.png
    rc5erp2mwudu.png
    764jm3ic1akh.png

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    uvpgd28g8519.png

PLACE TEAM LBS LOSS
    qch2rqulmcam.png

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @Alwayswanderer 2.57 %
    2nd @digger61 2.39%
    3rd @angmarie28 2.25 %

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOSS
    1st @digger61 5.0 Lbs
    2nd @TwistedSassette 4.8 Lbs
    2nd @lindamtuck2018 4.8 Lbs
    3rd @evangsimmons170 4.6 Lbs

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @floecity
    @kiay131982
    @ShowKitten
    @kerdil08
    @Fat2Fit_Kat
    @Beautyofdreams
    @kandi3570
    @eggfreak
    @podperson1
    @davidji82

zvo4xc9vav05.png

• Z10Rtza
    Z10Rtza Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 @Megan_smartiepants1970

5 February Friday
    8.000 steps ✅ 8.505 steps
    Eat 5 meals ✅
    Zumba ❌
    Take pills morning and night✅

6 February Saturday
    8.000 steps ❌ 6.185 steps
    Eat 5 meals ❌
    Zumba ❌
    Take pills morning and night❌

7 February Sunday
    8.000 steps ✅ 8.326 steps
    Eat 5 meals ✅
    Zumba ❌
    Take pills morning and night✅

Weight
    01/02/2021 136.1 kg = 300 lbs
    08/02/2021 133.7kg = 294.7 lbs

• mszoueb
    mszoueb Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Weigh in:

SW: 259.4
    PW: 245.6
    CW: 244.4

Morning all, here for Monday check in. I have now lost my first stone since my starting weight last year! Scales are fluctuating but my first step on was at the weight above so we'll go with that and see where I am next week.

Completed my first week of 5 day meal prep.. I tracked to the best of my ability over the weekend, recorded everything pretty much but, getting calories from measurements was a little trickier to try and work out as generally a lot of products don't really match their instructions for the type of product it is over here.

Side note: Anyone got any tips for calculating rice, pasta etc? The whole dry vs cooked is confusing. The water doesn't add calories but yet expands the food volume. I had pasta on Saturday, measured it both dry and cooked.

Have a great week everyone.
  • lelbarou
    lelbarou Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    weigh in Monday Feb. 8,2021
    Lelbarou
    SW 365
    PW 306
    CW 301.4
    @lindamtuck2018
    loss=4.6 pounds
  • 363days
    363days Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    @azkunk I'm on page 6 of 12,catching up, so there may be more info about your dog but just wanted to say how sorry I am you are going through this, and I hurt for your husband, as well. It makes it harder to see our partners in pain, I think. I have 3 sr dogs, 10, 11 and 15 and have lost 4 Grandbabies (dogs of my children's that lived at my house) this year. The loss of an animal or pet seems like a benchmark of sorts. Best wishes.
  • 363days
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 Ahhhhh you adopted Molly at 13? How wonderful that she got to end her days in a loving home rather than a kennel. Thanks from the bottom of my heart - it's so nice to hear a good adoption story.
  • 363days
    Options
    Arggghhh - on my way out the door to Zumba this morning, first time in two weeks due to being sick, and fell down the steps and landed on my knee - sliced it and bruised to the core. The ice started on my porch and I had no idea - boy was I surprised. I will probably have very low steps for a couple of days but I'm going to find a chair exercising video to get some type of movement into my day.
  • 363days
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 you are doing GREAT on your weight loss journey. I am really happy for you.
    @rlaskey2 I hope the space created by the loss of the job is filled with something even more awesome. Having been laid off 3 times in my career (I'm a recruiter so it is a volatile position) it sucks even when you understand the reason!
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,499 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    @azkunk
    Wow! Amazing loss! I am impressed that even with such a big change in routine you kept losing.

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    For the most part I limit myself to tea, coffee, pierrier water, and water with ice tea drops. I do buy club soda with lemon lime in it when I can find it at the grocery store. I truly love the taste of Coca Cola unfortunately it is not good for the waistline or my diabetes. I just need to limit it to once a week.

@Tazaria87
    Those scale fluctuations are so funny. What always amazes me is one person can pour salt on their plate and never go up a pound but I go up 2 pounds when I eat anything salty. I had some steps to reach my goal last night and I tried walking in place. It didn’t seem to give me many steps so I ended up moving around the apartment. I thought that was weird. Do you ever have this problem?

@COscorpio8402
    Is there anything in particular you are struggling with? We are here for both victories and struggles. Ask the team if they can help.

@DawnCumm
    Enjoy your vacation! You have worked hard to lose your weight so show it off.

@rlaskey2
    What exercise program are you tackling next?

@Beautyofdreams
    Nice loss!

@mszoueb
    Great loss! As for pasta and rice if it doesn’t give the cooked calories on the package I will consult the website.

@lelbarou
    Awesome loss! How is your knee and foot doing? Good luck with physio today!

@jimboden3
    Great job on the loss in spite of 2 celebrations. Nice choice on the rowing machine.

@scribb
    You can turn it around this week. Any particular things you can do differently this week?

@363days
    Ouch! I am so sorry you fell. Take it easy on your knee until it feels better. Lots of ice.

• lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Congratulations to @Beautyofdreams and @lelbarou! Well done on making the top three for our team!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Sunday’s check in
    ✅Steps 4,069
    ✅Sleep
    ✅Water
    ✅Track

I am up 2.2 pounds this morning. I had way too much sodium the last 2 days. So today I will be drinking lots of water and hopefully I will see a downward trend for the rest of the week.

Today our Premier will be announcing the reopening plan of our province today. I am hoping that our region will be moved out of lockdown and pools can open again. In the meantime, I am going to continue with my mini walks. I found my dumbbells the weekend so I am going to do some arm exercises today.

Have a magnificent Monday!

This discussion has been closed.