WaistAways - February 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• sarkrisd
    sarkrisd Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    CW: 212.7

Sorry I disappeared last week. I’m having a hard time mentally getting past the fact that I can’t stop snacking at work, no matter what I do. I need to start counting everything again.
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    dutchrower wrote: »
    Username dutchrower
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    PW (Previous Weight): 203
    CW (Current Weight): 202

You are not on this team - please go and post on the Downsizers team chat page at...

Aw, c'mon, @jugar. Let's use the whole pound loss for all of us who are a bit over this week. you know...a little consolation prize? :smiley:
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,093 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday! Late in the day, I know - I have been avoiding sitting at the screen today. I just got caught up on all your news, stats, and plans. If you're falling off - hop back on, ok? It is good to see you back @sarkrisd - you hardly put on any weight and you are here! Doing the thing! Counting gets to be a drag, but it does work awfully well...

I'm off to get my bandages changed, etc. shortly - I'll have to walk down our crazy hill to the car since it is too miserable out to have the car up here. Lots of snow and ice - but at least the roads will be fine. One thing that gets done really well in this crazy country is snow clearing!

I like the video recommendation, @micki48 -- anyone have more? Something to do when you don't feeel like it? And then after you do it you feel great?
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    @micki48 steps
    5007 with a 30 minute strength workout.
    Sorry I don't think my numbers are going to go up for the time being.
  • sunny9847
    sunny9847 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Met all goals today. Steps 12250. Plus 3 hours shoveling snow. I think that doesn’t track my steps much because of holding the shovel maybe.
  • jugar
    Options
    @DD265
    What a day - all kinds of stress and uncertainty. You are amazing to have kept on track and taking a couple of walks. It is true that a good night's sleep will help, as will drinking plenty of good old H2O. Keep taking care of yourself :heart: :heart:

@sunny9847
    Three hours shoveling snow is a lot! You can bet you were burning up mountains of calories while moving mountains of snow. Extra steps will be added to your total!
    053vcgciuzkk.png
  • jugar
    Options
    Ready for Wednesday? It's all post-mid-month from here!

The good, the bad, the educational - post 'em all here, Wednesday people!
    @PlaneMonkey
    @AshenMoon
    @EvMakesChanges
    @KellyBgetsFit
    @Pearl4686
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Happy Hump Day everyone!

Back later...
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Good morning! 1 day at a time - logged everything yesterday and was within goal. No exercise but that'll come with snow shoveling soon enough.
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Wednesday weigh-in
    PW: 86.4
    CW: 86.3
    Not a loss really but I had a big drop last week so I'm trying to remind myself that's a good rate of loss and not let dissappointment derail me.
  • MandiSaysHey
    MandiSaysHey Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies, I hope you are all doing well. I apologize again for my lack of participation lately.

I am struggling a bit. I still had a great weigh in on Monday but i havent exercised outside of walking at work in going on 2 weeks. We have been just getting hammered with snow and I am so over it and I think it just has me in a funk. I have also had some totally out of control eating/snacking the last couple of days so hoping I can get myself back on track here starting today.
  • jugar
    Options
    Hello ladies, I hope you are all doing well. I apologize again for my lack of participation lately.

I am struggling a bit. I still had a great weigh in on Monday but i havent exercised outside of walking at work in going on 2 weeks. We have been just getting hammered with snow and I am so over it and I think it just has me in a funk. I have also had some totally out of control eating/snacking the last couple of days so hoping I can get myself back on track here starting today.

I wish I could send you all some of my demented snow energy! I love the stuff - it makes me happy. Let this guy help you out with his amazing joy in the Yukon, where the cold is the stuff of legend. I know it is not the same when you have to get out there and deal with it via the business end of a shovel, but throw in a few of his steps and see what happens.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nM1FiX7wlX4&ab_channel=GurdeepPandherofYukon
  • jugar
    Options
    Happy Wednesday!
    I hope you are all doing OK and getting at least a bit of happy (or silly, or just plain peaceful) in your day. Deep breaths, especially exhaling. Squeeze out every last molecule of air, really squeeze hard, wait a few seconds, and then just let go to get all the new air in effortlessly. That's my order for the day :smiley:

The sun is shining, it's cold, and the new snow is calling me. I don't think I'm making it onto the snowshoes quite yet, but maybe just for a few minutes... I did a little tiny Pilates session last night, but that was not the best idea. Too much pressure on the sore bits - but I'll do the face-down ones today. Gotta use up all the energy that has returned now that my blood pressure is back to normal!

Fingers crossed for you and your family @KellyBgetsfit - Hugs on the way.
This discussion has been closed.