TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (February)

Replies

• brandi_84
    brandi_84 Posts: 1,963 Member
    @Krysless2 You all look fantastic in the wedding photos. It looks like everyone had a great time. I'm imagine your grandmother had a blast learning the whip and the "nae nae". I'm so glad you were able to enjoy such a beautiful family event together.

• brandi_84
    @richmondwriter Thank you for your kind words. I hope that professional frustrations pass quickly.

Being in a recent protein challenge, I relized how hard it is to get the appropriate amount without going over calories. I never paid attention and assumed since I am such a meat eater that I was getting enough.
  • brandi_84
    erikNJ wrote: »
    @brandi_84
    I am really sad to see you go. You were one of the few people I knew was always always going to respond to my posts when I needed a pick-me-up. I hope all is well and hope to see you here again one day.
    Thank you

@erikNJ
    Thank you, Erik.
    I know you were struggling this month with having to quarantine and putting your back out, you still did a fantastic job at turning that around and ending the month less than what you started at. Keep working at it. I know you can achieve your goals!
  • brandi_84
    edited February 2021
    @mooreshelly09 Thank you!
    You are doing great. Expect to go back and forth for a couple of weeks between onderland and the 200s. I see many people who get discouraged by that but keep working toward your goals and you'll get past it. Maybe reevaluate your goal and see if anything needs to change. But I think it is just going to your body some time to do another whoosh.
  • brandi_84
    edited February 2021
    Weigh in Week 4
    PW: 143.3
    CW: 142.6

@DaffyGirl88
    Heading back into the right direction. Awesome weigh in!
    Thank you for your well wishes. I will miss being part of the team.
  • brandi_84
    I missed posting my weigh-in on Sunday, no change 166. Good news is that I started riding my indoor bike again this week.

@RoseyandReady That is awesome that you are back to riding your indoor bike. Id like to have one but don't want to take up the room.
  • brandi_84
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    @brandi_84, I, too, am going to be sorry to see you go, but I, of all people, also understand the need to step away from time to time. You have been an invaluable leader of this team, so thank you for that. I am glad to hear you are still going to be working toward your goals. You have been doing some amazing exercise this month (possibly inspired by the Hogwarts Challenge), but nonetheless, I hope you continue to explore new forms of exercise and to challenge yourself. I have no doubt that we will see you this again in TBBT sometime in the future. Until then, I wish you well!

@HASWLRS Thank you, Lisa.
    The Hogwarts challenge has "forced" me to exercise more. What I learned is that while I was complaining about not having time to exercise or cook a thought out healthy meal, I actually have the time I am just spending it on MFP because I enjoy the interaction. I appreciate all the time you, this team, and many MFP'ers spend here helping others with their journey, I need to take to make sure I am working on my own journey. When I have not been on here I feel down about missing out on the conversation as I am getting behind on posts. So, I was conflicted on making the decision. I will finish out the Hogwart's challenge and take a little social media break. And, I have some big home projects coming up as we move into spring.
  • Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 1,875 Member
    Time of Death: Worst timing EVER, actually! u1sm08vhla35.jpeg
    I paid $250 for this treadmill thru FB marketplace and it was the best purchase I have ever made. It kept me on my track to a 60lb loss. I used to take it for granted and give all my credit to MFP and Keto but alas it was also my Buddy the treadmill that kept up my motivation. RIP Buddy! I am truly worried now that I’m going to start ballooning out..I have already decided to finance and ordered a new unused Proform but there’s a COVID related delay in the delivery(due to high demand) so hopefully I can get my butt to the gym in the interim.
  • brandi_84
    Jerricajo07
    Week 4
    PW 220.2
    CW 220.0

@Jerricajo07 It may be a small loss but you are going in the right direction. Great job!
  • brandi_84
    @maryc11 Thank you and I am sure I will be back. You have been doing great don't let this past month get you down. I bet that as y'all are thawing back out you will be back to losing.
  • brandi_84
    @mooreshelly09 - let's make a deal. If you go gentle with yourself I will try to do the same, because I easily could have written the same post. I have been stuck within a couple pounds for the past few years.

Being in the challenge, and really paying attention, is helping me learn more so I can do better. I can tell that on high carb days I get inflammation and hold onto more water.

I can tell that, for my body, it's way more than calorie deficit. I HAVE to start working on boosting metabolism by working with the nutrient mix, and building strength rather than focusing on cardio.

That's my plan for next month. This month isn't ending with much more than some additional observations and mental education, PLUS a whole lot of connection to people who are focused on being healthier and supporting each other. That's a win, even if the scale doesn't agree!

With that said, I'm going to give myself one day more to reduce inflammation and see where I am tomorrow morning for my final weigh in. Then a brand new month! I hope you'll come along!

2/25/2021
    Tracked:yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: no
    Water: 80
    Steps: 1781

@annabananamc
    This post provides such insight! A great deal of the weight loss journey is learning - much through experience and observation.
  • rawrxamberx
    rawrxamberx Posts: 646 Member
    @brandi_84 thank you for everything you have done for this team! Seeing your encouraging posts really helped with me this month! I will definitely miss you, but I understand your decisions. I’m sure if you ever return, I’ll still be here :smiley:
  • thedestar
    thedestar Posts: 1,278 Member
    Please carry my weight over this week. I'm determined to do better in March and interact more with the team.

@brandi_84 I glanced through some of the last pages, I'm sorry to see you're taking a break from the challenge but completely understand. Hope to still interact with you on the "timeline." Thanks for everything you do for the team! ❤
  • mooreshelly09
    mooreshelly09 Posts: 901 Member
    2/26/2021
    Tracked: yes
    Exercise: no rest day
    Water: 132oz
    Steps: 7,980
  • rawrxamberx
    rawrxamberx Posts: 646 Member
    2/26/21
    Under: no
    Exercise: yes
    Water: 8 cups
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,380 Member
    Friday 27 February
    Track: no
    Under: probably not

Steps: 16,140
    Water: 64 oz
  • annabananamc
    annabananamc Posts: 415 Member
    Well, I ended up .6lb for the month - I'm sorry guys. But it could have been so much worse, and I'm heading back in the right direction. Here's to a better March!

@AB0215 and @Krysless2 (Ashley and Krystal) please let me know if I can help with the spreadsheet/Google doc for the side challenge, or with any team stuff for March!

2/26/2021
    Water: 80
    Steps: 3990

Final weight Saturday 2/27 165.0
    Starting weight 1/31 164.4
    End result +0.6
  • aquitteriamnot
    aquitteriamnot Posts: 78 Member
    aquitteriamnot
    Feb.week 4
    Sat.
    PW:318.1
    TW: 317.4
  • JMTiv1979
    JMTiv1979 Posts: 63 Member
    JMTiv1979
    Sat week 4
    PW 181
    CW 179.6

@brandi_84 thank you so much for all the work you put into this!
This discussion has been closed.