smaidiigaa Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Monday weigh in
    PW 69 kg
    CW 68.1 kg
  • MandiSaysHey
    MandiSaysHey Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    It was in the 60s here today, totally beautiful weather. I live about a mile from an outdoor mall so I walked up there and did a little shopping and got some coffee. So far today is the first day in weeks that I have logged everything and really stayed in budget. Hopefully I can keep with it.

I had a lovely mini vacation with my son and I also recently started seeing someone so eating out has really done me in lately.
  • sunny9847
    sunny9847 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    @sunny9847
    I think your post about a party and some wild eating was the first time you have not simply hit all your goals every day - I hope you had a wonderful time. You are so disciplined!

It was a great time with family and totally yummy! Met all goals today. Steps 13450
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,127 Member
    Options
    It was in the 60s here today, totally beautiful weather. I live about a mile from an outdoor mall so I walked up there and did a little shopping and got some coffee. So far today is the first day in weeks that I have logged everything and really stayed in budget. Hopefully I can keep with it.

I had a lovely mini vacation with my son and I also recently started seeing someone so eating out has really done me in lately.
    That's great! Too much eating out is dangerous, but at least you have a good excuse! Enjoy the company more than the food, and you'll be fine :smiley: Log on!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,127 Member
    Options
    @Pearl4686
    I hope your back feels better soon! Give it whatever time off it needs, but keep it nice and strong once you can.

Things have been pretty quiet here, as usual - my daughter is picking out horses for me so that I have videos to watch and to drool over the lovely things. I think she is trying to get my buttock to heal faster so that I can start riding again soon! Still a ways to go - but it is slowly improving. I sure like a mare she found, though. I have a soft spot for blue roans :sunglasses:

Only one lonely reminder for tomorrow! Tuesday's superstar:
    @Kali225

hy6bsug419t1.png
  • Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Tuesday Weigh-In
    PW: 187.1
    CW: 186.5

Was hoping for a bit more down but a loss is a loss! Also ending that TOM so perhaps some more bloat to drip off in the coming day or so. Determined to be really on the ball through the next weigh-in! (What a concept.)

@MandiSaysHey It's already over 40 here at 9am and I am so excited. Spring is around the corner!!

I ran another mile yesterday so I'm at 12/23 miles for March. I was chatting with a friend who also runs on the off occasion, and we discussed maybe trying a half marathon (!) in the late summer or early fall. Now I've been searching for races that haven't gone virtual in Aug/Sept near our respective homes. I never thought I would want to do a big race like that but now that I've had the idea, I can't get it out of my head. The 4 mile run this Sunday was surprisingly easy and felt good. Think of the calories burned in 3.3x that. :D

General question for the group - I am considering buying an elliptical for easy indoor cardio on unfriendly weather days, etc. Was looking at the NordicTrack ones, and the most affordable and reasonable to me won't ship until end of May at the earliest. Does anyone own an elliptical? What brand? Do you like it/use it?
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,266 Member
    Options
    @micki48 Oh, walking outside with no coat, socks, or shoes? Wow! That says "warm climate" all over it. Well, I *could* do that but I'd have frostbite within a few minutes! We still have a few feet on the ground and will likely still have some in late April/early May. It's a short, short summer season here in Vermont (and further north).
    The numbers I'm working on this week are:
    *3 Mason/Ball jars (72 fl oz) water/day
    *2 cups of tea sans sugar/day
    *1 hour of reading/day

Off to do some reading now then onwards to Winooski to help Emily move a desk. Muscle work - yay!

@EvMakesChanges It's still chilly. 50ish but I know not as cold as up there. In Vermont, I don't know that I would be that bold. But I do have a friend who lays in the snow in her bathing suit and practices breathing. It's part of her morning meditation and is supposed to reduce anxiety. Not sure about all the details, but she LOVES it. She does wear a hat. Nice goals.
  • micki48
    Options
    @Kali225 I don't have an elliptical but loved using them when I went to the gym pre-pandemic. I do have a Nordic Track stationary bike at my house. It's a good piece of equipment. I enjoy it, but like the elliptical better. Not really a recommendation, but my 2 cents. How exciting to run a race with a friend! You are doing great with miles per month. Great work. And yay! for your loss.

@eggfreak Sorry to hear that you are having caregiver issues. That is a hard one, to bring a new person into your home. Especially now. Hoping you can find someone with ease. I love that you are both looking to do RBG workouts together.

I have been continuing to do my Pilates each morning. The one I have done Sun, Mon, and today have been the same morning wake up and lasts about 12 minutes. I am really enjoying it.

Yesterday was exciting because the CDC has put out guidance for fully vaccinated people. That will be me in one more week. Most importantly, I will get to gather with my kids very soon. I have not seen my son for 7 months.

While he has been away starting his new job, his girlfriend did test positive for Covid, so glad he was away. She is doing ok. Congested and lost her sense of taste.

But, my husband and I actually went to a store, which we haven't done for months and months. Well, about a year actually. We also got take out from a restaurant we used to go to before C. We have been very careful and not wanting to take chances. It was soooooo tasty. Not exactly on program, but here is what I noticed, I could not eat nearly as much, so my natural portion size has changed. Also, the food item I ate the most of was the Greek salad. Once the excitement of eating something I didn't cook wore off, I realized how salty it was compared to what we have been eating that I cook. This morning, my hands felt like little sausages when I woke up. So, water is on deck for today.

Hope everyone is doing well. I believe the little one will be over later. I think I may go get started painting my fence. I wonder how much I can get done in an hour and a half?
  • sunny9847
    sunny9847 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Met all goals today. Steps 12384
  • micki48
    Options
    64epwnbis877.png

WAISTAWAYS STEP RESULTS MARCH WEEK 1

TOTAL TEAM STEPS - 542,126

sqlob9t4tx6j.png

STEP STARS

1ST - @Kali225 100,293
    2ND - @KellyBgetsfit 81,061
    3RD - @sunny9847 77,044

Steppers Meeting Daily Goal

@Kali225 7/7
    @Sunny9847 6/7
    @Micki48 6/7
    @YinxFed 5/7
    @KellyBgetsfit 4/7

62gexnaeulql.png

• micki48
    Options
    Wew! A very productive day. It was gorgeous outside. No jacket required. I painted the whole fence and my gate. I just have one more section to do. I stopped for lunch and never got back to it. Hubby and I then worked in the yard a few hours cutting up branches that recently fell in an ice storm, which seems funny since it was about 70 degrees today. Lots of calories burned. Lots of steps. Food was fine. Working on the water now. I'm sure I should have had more but I was busy.

Went to daughters for dinner and danced and played ball with the little one. I think I will sleep well tonight.

@jugar How wonderfully frustrating to go to all that trouble to start your sewing project and find out the pattern is XXL. You are now a long way from that. That's the wonderful part. Hope you find a new project soon that you can use that new ironing board for. I'm so sorry that you did not get the news you wanted about the drain, but patience and all will be well soon. You'll be on that horse before you know it. Hugs.
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    @micki48
    Steps 10 march 4876
    I won't be able to get my numbers up for awhile as I've taken on more work and struggling to find time to walk. My back is also still sore (although much better) so no workouts still. Happy to be off the stepping team if I am dragging the numbers down.
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Wednesday weigh-in
    PW 85
    CW 84.2
    Very very happy!
  • Steph1498
    Steph1498 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    This week feels like its two weeks long... my kids have trimester finals and we are studying every night, lots of Dr. appts and meetings and blah blah blah. Funny how my schedule can go from empty to packed. I'm trying to remind myself to enjoy these times and that I will miss it one day... just not feeling it.

On the bright side, today is the only day this week its not supposed to rain so I'm sneaking in a walk with a friend for lunch.
This discussion has been closed.