Replies

• TheresaM787
    TheresaM787 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to our top three 🎉🎉🎉
    @lelbarou
    @Tazaria87
    @Piqueaboo

Congratulations to everyone for staying with it!
  • lcfa5317
    lcfa5317 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    03/30
    Steps=13,129
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Today’s goals:
    1. Go on a 20 minute walk before I start work and another 20 minute walk at lunch✅
    2. Pre-log meals tonight and stick to it✅
    3. 90 oz water✅
    4. 10K steps.✅

Crushed my goals today and the scale was down 2lbs this morning. I know that was in large part due to the diuretic so we’ll see what tomorrow brings. I am not supposed to take it more than 3 times per week and I did not take it today.

Tomorrow, I am going into the office and there is a celebration in the afternoon with soda, water, cookies and fruit. Super weird combo, I am not sure where that came from. Here are my goals for tomorrow.

1. Wake up early and take 20 minute walk before work.
    2. Pack breakfast and lunch and eat it!
    2. Drink 90 oz
    3. Only eat fruit at the celebration

• azkunk
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 - I hope your enjoyed your day of rest and that you are feeling better

@rlaskey2 - super productive days are the best

@iradi8 - nice loss 🤩

@missysave0612 - it is starting to get warm here ... 96*F (35.5*C) forecasted this weekend 🥵
  • azkunk
    Options
    I am reading a new book that is really resonating, Atomic Habits by James Clear. My health coach recommended it so I thought I would share with my friends 😊
  • mszoueb
    mszoueb Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    @mszoueb
    Awesome loss! Are you still doing the meal plans?

Thanks for all your congrats :). Yes, I'm still on the meal plans at 5 days a week. I think with still being a long way off my goal weight, I'm thinking that I need to continue with it for a good few months at least.

If I end up at my predicted weight at the end of the year, perhaps then I'd feel a bit more mentally comfortable trying to count calories for the full 7 days, knowing I'm far away from my highest weight so there's no amount of fluctuations that could go near those numbers again.

My 1.5lb MFP estimate loss won't likely happen unless I go under 1500 calories soon so, I will have to switch so I'm eating up to the 1 pound loss a weight amount. In theory, I could go up to the 1 pound loss amount more already, but with being on 1500 plan, I've tried to stick to the 1.5lb loss of under 1600 (it's at 1540 at the moment) lately to try get more weight off within my set limit before the numbers change. I'm happy it's still going in the right direction either way.
  • red1185
    red1185 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I haven’t logged my steps in 2 days. Oops!
    Monday: 8700
    Tuesday: 7800
  • 363days
    363days Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    @transparentenigma glad to have you and good luck with your goals!
    @azkunk I love the tile you have used - that set-up is beautiful
  • 363days
    Options
    @lelbarou I'm glad you are feeling better and have recognized you need more variety. I am the same way that I need variety and I find I keep reaching for something else, if my food doesn't satisfy me emotionally! I am not one who eats for survival - I survive to eat - haha. I noticed, however, that you were #1 for % lost in our group!!! You may have had a slumb but you are doing great.
    @tazaria87 Your consistent dedication is inspiring!
    @piqueaboo - way to go with another successful month!
  • 363days
    Options
    @rwood566 You are doing great - thanks for sharing your goals. Everytime I see your picture I just go "ahhhh"
    @mszoueb can you remind me which meal plan you have chosen and like the best?
    I ate the wrong things over the weekend and gained 2.8 - birthday weekend so that was ok. I lost a little but yesterday gained .8. I know this may seem minor to some, but I'm trying to see what I am eating that is making me retain water or causing inflammation. I ate at 7 and it was packaged tator tots....may have something to do with it?? Calories were only 25 over, otherwise. I''m hoping to get back to last Friday's weight so 1.8 more to lose in 2 days which I know can happen with my fluctuations...sorry, I'm obsessing.
  • mszoueb
    edited March 2021
    Options
    363days wrote: »
    @rwood566 You are doing great - thanks for sharing your goals. Everytime I see your picture I just go "ahhhh"
    I ate the wrong things over the weekend and gained 2.8 - birthday weekend so that was ok. I lost a little but yesterday gained .8. I know this may seem minor to some, but I'm trying to see what I am eating that is making me retain water or causing inflammation. I ate at 7 and it was packaged tator tots....may have something to do with it?? Calories were only 25 over, otherwise. I''m hoping to get back to last Friday's weight so 1.8 more to lose in 2 days which I know can happen with my fluctuations...sorry, I'm obsessing.

Hi,

I use a local meal prep service for 5 out of 7 days a week which provides breakfast, lunch, dinner and 1 snack that comes out to around 1500 calories. The other 2 days in the week I calorie count whatever I eat myself.. I did do 7 days a week at the start of the year, but moved to 5 days a week for varying reasons.

Technically it's just calorie counting, but the meals are already prepped and cooked, you just get it delivered and then eat them hot or cold :)

If it's any consolation, on Saturday I stepped on scales to see 234.8, Sunday 236.2 and then weigh in on Monday it went to 235.4. Was the rest of your calories for the week under/over? If it's only 20 over then spreading that out across the week would be approx 2.8 calories onto each day.
  • 363days
    Options
    mszoueb wrote: »

Hi,

I use a local meal prep service that provides breakfast, lunch and dinner and 1 snack that comes out to around 1500 calories. Technically it's just calorie counting, but the meals are already prepped and cooked, you just get it delivered and then eat them hot or cold :)

If it's any consolation, on Saturday I stepped on scales to see 234.8, Sunday 236.2 and then weigh in on Monday it went to 235.4. Was the rest of your calories for the week under/over? If it's only 20 over then spreading that out across the week would be approx 2.8 calories onto each day.

Ahh, I do remember that you mentioned it was a local service. I think that would be so helpful with meal planning, portion control and not getting bored. I might have to look into this to get the weight loss started. Yes, I appreciate you sharing your fluctuations , even being on a regulated plan. Thanks!
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,513 Member
    Options
    @rlaskey2
    Look at all the great things you did this week. You have been exercising and sticking to your planned meals. Keep doing that and you will see a drop in the scales.

@iradi8
    Awesome loss! Your hard work is certainly paying off.

@TheresaM787
    You keep slaying that bike! I am so tempted to buy one now that the exercise room is closed. It would be nice to watch my shows while exercising.

@azkunk
    You are killing your goals. It feels so good when the scale drops. I will check that book out. I have several self help books that I need to read. Maybe that should be one of my goals.

@rwood566
    Nice job with the tracking. How do you do your tracking? Do you do it as the day goes or in advance?

@red1185
    More days of great steps!

@lelbarou
    Nice steps! You are doing great with your walking. Was it raining when you were out?

@363days
    I wonder how much sodium was in the tater tots. That alone could cause a jump in weight.

• mszoueb
    Options
    mszoueb wrote: »

Hi,

I use a local meal prep service that provides breakfast, lunch and dinner and 1 snack that comes out to around 1500 calories. Technically it's just calorie counting, but the meals are already prepped and cooked, you just get it delivered and then eat them hot or cold :)

Ahh, I do remember that you mentioned it was a local service. I think that would be so helpful with meal planning, portion control and not getting bored. I might have to look into this to get the weight loss started. Yes, I appreciate you sharing your fluctuations , even being on a regulated plan. Thanks!

Wow fast reply, thank you - I was just making some edits on my reply as you replied haha. Yes, it does have it's benefits :) it has helped me get restarted this year combined with mindset change. I wouldn't say I've been doing massively intensive exercise with it yet either, I'm already in a deficit so shouldn't go too crazy. I've been doing 4.5 mile bike rides here and there is probably most intensive I've gotten so far.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    7k1d50uj8nzx.jpeg

Overdue
    @shawnamee1

Today
    @kdlgiannoulis
    @missGYST
    @missysave0612

Thursday
    @888Angie888
    @Bluetail6
    @heatherbluebell
    @roz0810

Just a reminder on the weigh in format. It makes it a lot easier for me to find.

Username:
    Weigh in Day
    PW:
    CW:

• lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Tuesday’s check in
    Daily Goals
    ❌Steps 3,580
    ✅Sleep

Feeling a bit more human today. I am another one with the scale all over the place. I didn’t eat much of our dinner on Sunday but my weight still jumped 2 pounds. Went down slightly yesterday but today I am up 2.2 pounds from Friday’s in. I know I definitely didn’t drink enough water the last few days so I am not flushing out the sodium from Sunday. Water has to be a priority today.

The exercise room is officially closed until the numbers drop in London again. I still need to get things for the kids Easter baskets so I am going to walk to a store near me and get my walk in while getting my shopping done. We are not having a family Easter due to the restrictions but we will do a backyard visit with the girls.

Have a great day!
This discussion has been closed.