TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (March)

Options

Replies

• prehistoricmoongoddess
    prehistoricmoongoddess Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    @prehistoricmoongoddess You look so much taller in your picture. 😂

That was taken in January 2019 when I was around 155lbs, (during my first attempt at weight loss) and was a particularly good photo of me. My weight is mainly around my middle.

The previous year I had a photo taken of me in a red top in which I look horrendous and it was that photo that made me realise I needed to lose weight. I look much better in it now and I have photos wearing it marking my progress. When I figure out how to add photos I'll put some on here.
  • prehistoricmoongoddess
    edited April 2021
    Options
    hxmgeqsncuuj.jpg
    dqj1kor66m93.jpg

The first photo was taken May 2018

The second was taken in April 2019

I put the weight back on and more after the death of my son in September 2019.

I started to lose weight again in July 2020.

• DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    Friday 2 April
    Track: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes

Water: 88 oz
    Steps: 7939

Have a great weekend everyone! 🌷🐣🐰
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    @prehistoricmoongoddess It's amazing what seeing ourselves in pictures can do. I saw a picture of myself holding my newborn grandson two years ago and was like 😲😲 that lit a fire under me for sure. You're doing great and I am happy you were able to bust through the 140 barrier.

That's my next goal, it has remained out of reach for months but I am determined to do it this year. Considering a few years ago I thought 155 was reaching for the stars I am happy with my progress so far and think that I can do it. It's just a slow process.

Here's to continued success to you and everyone else on the TBBT team. Go us!!
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    maryc11 wrote: »
    user name = maryc11
    Date = Friday April 2, 2021 6:13PM
    Tracked = Yes
    Exercise = Yes
    Under = Yes
    Water = 68 oz
    Steps = 11, 175

Thank you Everybody! Trying to get refocused. I love the start of a new month, feels like a start of a new fitness program for me.

@maryc11 great job! I also love the start of a new month. Putting March behind me and looking at 30 days of new possibilities! 😊
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    @cmhubbard92 I'm glad you are enjoying your treadmill. I started looking at one for my office back in February but couldn't find one that would work without removing the area rug and other stuff. Not the look I wanted for a room that was never intended for full time work. 😕 A year later I'm still missing my standing desk and wireless headphones that allowed me to be mobile and not tethered to my computer for 9 hours a day. 😕 This is turning into a "woe is me" post and that wasn't my intent. 😂 Great job on your C25K plan! Keep up the good work. 🥰
  • richmondwriter
    richmondwriter Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Weigh in for 4/3:
    PW: 140
    CW: 138.6

MUAC for 4/2:
    Tracked: yes
    Exercised: no
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    Weigh in for 4/3:
    PW: 140
    CW: 138.6

Congratulations, Sandra! Well under 140 on the scales this morning...,you must be so pumped!!
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    WEIGH-IN

Easter week did me in....but I had a good day yesterday. And it's April, so that is a good thing too!!
  • richmondwriter
    richmondwriter Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    @prehistoricmoongoddess - Wow, what a difference! I am glad you wore the same shirt as that is a good comparable. My weight is also around my middle. I also have a photo taken with a friend that was my motivation to lose weight as well. I will have to do an "after" photo as well and post it. Though I think I got rid of the white shirt because it looked so awful on me!

@daffy_girl - You can do it! I finally had to switch to another scale we had in the house as I was convinced the first one was stuck on 142.2. Since then, I've been able to lose weight (on both scales, so it wasn't stuck after all, just felt like it). But mentally I had to do it.

@cmhubbard92 - I am so glad you are enjoying your treadmill! Though starting any new routine may be hard at first, it will quickly start to feel really good.
  • mooreshelly09
    mooreshelly09 Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    4/2/2021
    Exercise: Yes - 30 min elliptical
    Water: 80oz
    Steps: 8,132
  • JMTiv1979
    JMTiv1979 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    JMTIV1979
    Week 4
    PW: 176.6
    CW: 177.2

This is the point in my weight loss that I always stall. I end up getting frustrated and giving up. I need to pull through, stay on track and maybe make some modifications.
  • annabananamc
    annabananamc Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I went over again - which is rare for me but still. I give myself Panera lunch on Fridays - nothing crazy. But they were out of ALL soups, including my usual ten vegetable 60 calorie one. excuses, excuses....

4/02/2021
    Under: no
    Water: 80
    Steps: 4938
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    JMTiv1979 wrote: »
    JMTIV1979
    Week 4
    PW: 176.6
    CW: 177.2

This is the point in my weight loss that I always stall. I end up getting frustrated and giving up. I need to pull through, stay on track and maybe make some modifications.

@JMTiv1979 Don't give up! We have a new month and a clean slate! April is going to rock!! We're always here to pick you up when you're feeling like throwing in the towel. Just let us know how we can help.
  • thedestar
    thedestar Posts: 1,278 Member
    Options
    Username: thedestar
    Weigh in week: March week 5
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous Week’s Weight: 172.0
    Today’s Weight: 172.5

I'm feeling motivated to do better in April. My diet is my biggest downfall, and I think meal prepping would help me a lot. I've kind of thought "I'm a stay at home mom, I don't need to meal prep." But I think that having healthy meals and snacks easily available will help me make better choices. My sister is coming to stay with us starting on the 10th, until we go on our sister trip on the 27th. She eats really healthy but she also drinks a lot so that will be a challenge for me!
  • Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 1,927 Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    JanSW: 160
    FebSW:  151
    March SW: 154
    Week1:  150.5
    Week2:  151.5
    Week3: 149.5
    Week4:  149
    Week5 Weigh-in:

Notes:A lot of this weight loss I give credit to restarting keto with my hubs. Restarting my body into Ketosis came with a huge swoosh on the scale and honestly I don’t really care for swooshes. It’s like when I zig I have to zag or when there’s a chute there’s ultimately a ladder. And If you take a look at my January to Feb to March SW, you’ll see a big swoosh and then the scale crept back up. On a positive note, MFP Progress and this group have helped me learn how to tamper down the spikes and keep my 👀 open!! Anyway, the swoosh weight did bring me to a huge milestone which I’ll be ready to share once I know it’s for real!! lol
    That being said I’ve decided to regroup and change things up for April with the following:

1. I’ll be participating in MUAC this month @Annabananamc I’m tappin’ in for ya, girl!!😘
    2. I’m Increasing time spent on strength training. (I hate strength training so I won’t put down a crazy goal like: Alternate arm/leg sessions, 30 mins a day) I’ll just say whenever the mood strikes and there’s a moment when I don’t think I hate it so much ..I’ll just do it. I’ll either go to the gym or work with an old dvd(T25Dvd is prepped and ready to go in the Xbox!), then I’ll make it a part of my daily MUAC post on here.
    3. Decrease my step goal to give more time for above. Not too low though because with my new treadmill, I always have time for steps!
    4. I’m going to start weighing in at night just because it’s different

I found this website to share with everyone. If it’s been a while since you reassessed your caloric goals and/or you’re stuck in a rut, you may also want to take a look at this onewg1qr1s1iuy9.jpeg
    So for me, for April:
    *Reminder:
    To Lose 1lbs = 11900cals/Week OR
    1700/Daily
    To Maintain Weight =15400/Week OR
    2200/Daily
    💦Goal: 64/Daily; 448/Wkly
    👟Goal: 7500/Daily; 52500/Wkly
    👙Goal: 135lbs
  • prehistoricmoongoddess
    Options
    Krysless2 wrote: »
    JanSW: 160
    FebSW:  151
    March SW: 154
    Week1:  150.5
    Week2:  151.5
    Week3: 149.5
    Week4:  149
    Week5 Weigh-in:

Notes:A lot of this weight loss I give credit to restarting keto with my hubs. Restarting my body into Ketosis came with a huge swoosh on the scale and honestly I don’t really care for swooshes. It’s like when I zig I have to zag or when there’s a chute there’s ultimately a ladder. And If you take a look at my January to Feb to March SW, you’ll see a big swoosh and then the scale crept back up. On a positive note, MFP Progress and this group have helped me learn how to tamper down the spikes and keep my 👀 open!! Anyway, the swoosh weight did bring me to a huge milestone which I’ll be ready to share once I know it’s for real!! lol
    That being said I’ve decided to regroup and change things up for April with the following:

1. I’ll be participating in MUAC this month @Annabananamc I’m tappin’ in for ya, girl!!😘
    2. I’m Increasing time spent on strength training. (I hate strength training so I won’t put down a crazy goal like: Alternate arm/leg sessions, 30 mins a day) I’ll just say whenever the mood strikes and there’s a moment when I don’t think I hate it so much ..I’ll just do it. I’ll either go to the gym or work with an old dvd(T25Dvd is prepped and ready to go in the Xbox!), then I’ll make it a part of my daily MUAC post on here.
    3. Decrease my step goal to give more time for above. Not too low though because with my new treadmill, I always have time for steps!
    4. I’m going to start weighing in at night just because it’s different

I found this website to share with everyone. If it’s been a while since you reassessed your caloric goals and/or you’re stuck in a rut, you may also want to take a look at this onewg1qr1s1iuy9.jpeg
    So for me, for April:
    *Reminder:
    To Lose 1lbs = 11900cals/Week OR
    1700/Daily
    To Maintain Weight =15400/Week OR
    2200/Daily
    💦Goal: 64/Daily; 448/Wkly
    👟Goal: 7500/Daily; 52500/Wkly
    👙Goal: 135lbs

I've taken a look at the calculator.

To lose 15lbs to reach my original goal weight in 3 months I only get to eat 880 calories or 1024 in 4 months.

Either way, I need to up my exercise.
  • maryc11
    maryc11 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    user name = maryc11
    Date = Saturday April 3, 2021 5:45PM
    Tracked = Yes
    Exercise = Yes
    Under = Yes
    Water = 68 oz
    Steps = 7,330

hope I'm posting this in the right place, was looking for an April thread but didn't see it
  • cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    Options
    4/3/21
    Steps: 15,279
    Water: 50.7

Weigh-in:
    March SW: 161.5
    CW: 166.5
    Gain: 5lb

My weight was lower throughout the week, but I think that my new running and extra stepping is definitely bringing some retention. April will be a better month!
  • aquitteriamnot
    aquitteriamnot Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    aquitteriamnot
    April week 1
    Sat
    PW: 310.1
    CW:309.6
This discussion has been closed.