TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (April)

Options
AB0215
AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
Welcome to the Challenge new and returning teammates!! This is the conversation/weigh in thread for your Team :) Keep on losing because our first weigh ins begin THIS Sunday! I am here for you should you need anything - simply message me or tag me by putting an '@' just before my username (NO SPACES) and I will get to you asap! ~ Ashley @AB0215.

Replies

• annabananamc
    annabananamc Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    So happy to be back and on track for 2021 thanks to these challenges and our amazing team! I'm opting out of the side challenge, but will still track my steps/exercise with my fitbit and mfp. Heading out for a walk now.

For newbies, I'm Ann and I live on the Gulf coast of FL in my little empty nest home with hubby and our son is in college in MA. I am 59 and 5'5", heading for a sustainable weight closer to 150 than 160!
  • cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Good morning TBBT!

My name is Christine, and I am the captain of TBBT! I have had a rough past few months, motivation-wise, but am getting back into the swing of things!

I'm 28, living in Connecticut, married with three fur babies. I've been a part of TBBT since February 2019, and have been on my weight loss journey since November 2018. I started at 246 and am starting April at 166.5, a little higher than I started the March challenge. I am doing a running training program on my treadmill 3-4 days a week and am walking the remainder of the days.

My goals for April:
    • Exercise at least 30 minutes each day
      Sleep a minimum of 7 hours, 4 days per week
    • Log/track all food, and complete diary daily
    • One day over goal per week, max.
    • Complete garmin step goal(varies by day) every day this month.
    • Get back to March starting weight (161.5)

Step & Water Challenge
    wssc6clzxfk3.png

Tag me @cmhubbard92 with your step goal if you are interested!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1L7ZCi0Jvp5HZKnuF9EKVBbFTqa7pF0gTbFv03FFPECs/edit?usp=drivesdk

If you are on your phone, highlight the above link, and select to open in Sheets(if you have the app) or in your internet browser! You can enter your steps once I add you to the sheet!

Best wishes for April!!! ☀️🌷🌻🌼
  • roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm new here. Thank you @AB0215 for assigning me.

I'm Roz/Rozeena, 27, married from England. I look forward to this group :)
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    @roz0810 welcome to TBBT! We are happy to have you!
  • cmhubbard92
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Looking for some weigh ins to start off the new month!

@jm216
    @RoseyandReady
  • annabananamc
    annabananamc Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    roz0810 wrote: »

Welcome Roz - you will love our supportive and encouraging group and I am happy to have you with us!

@cmhubbard92 - I think I will do the step challenge only, since I'll be counting anyway. I didn't realize we could do just one part of the extra challenges. That sounds perfect for me for accountability. I'll add me to the spreadsheet. Thank you and I am so happy to see your positivity and enthusiasm and hard work - it is a gift to me and to the team!
  • roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Thank you ❤️ I'm happy to be here. I'm currently on week 2 of properly trying again and I'm 5.2lbs down so far. Can't wait to see myself in 6 months time!
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    roz0810 wrote: »

Welcome Roz - you will love our supportive and encouraging group and I am happy to have you with us!

@cmhubbard92 - I think I will do the step challenge only, since I'll be counting anyway. I didn't realize we could do just one part of the extra challenges. That sounds perfect for me for accountability. I'll add me to the spreadsheet. Thank you and I am so happy to see your positivity and enthusiasm and hard work - it is a gift to me and to the team!

@annabananamc thank you! I love seeing your hard work as well! Feel free to change your challenges anytime, as well! I hope you can find the right balance this month!
  • mooreshelly09
    mooreshelly09 Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Happy Easter Everyone! My name is Shelly (38) from East Texas. I am married with 3 dogs and 2 cats. I have been apart of this wonderful group since September, I love the accountability this group brings me. I appreciate you all and am looking forward to an amazing April!
  • cmhubbard92
    edited April 2021
    Options
    4/4/21
    Tracked: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes
    Steps: 13,338
    Water: 161.8oz

Goals:
    Exercise 30 minutes each day:
    Sunday:✔
    Sleep a minimum of 7 hours
    Sunday: ✔
    Log/track all food, and complete diary daily Sunday:✔
    Complete garmin step goal:
    Sunday: ✔(goal: 13,260)

Last 7 day Garmin Summary:
    Sleep: 8hr 22min average
    Weight: 165.2 average
    Steps: 14,417 daily average, 100,919 total
    Calories: 764avg remaining
    Walks: 9 walks, 13.5mi total
    Runs: 4 runs, 8.2mi total
  • maryc11
    maryc11 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    user name = maryc11
    Date = Sunday April 4, 2021 7:22PM
    Tracked = Yes
    Exercise = Yes
    Under = Yes
    Water = 68 oz
    Steps = 6,416
  • thedestar
    thedestar Posts: 1,278 Member
    Options
    Hello new and returning teammates! I'm Destiny. I'm 33, a SAHM to 4 kids, living in West Texas. I've been part of the team for quite a while now. I'm planning a trip to the beach with my sisters at the end of the month so I'm going to try really hard to stay on track with my goals.

Goals for 2021
    *1500 calorie goal 6 days a week
    *1 "cheat" day a week but still log everything and aim for 2000 calories or less
    *Exercise 6x a week
    *64oz of water per day

Sunday 4/4
    Tracking: yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: 27min walk with the family
    Water: 72oz
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    Hello team TBBT. I thought I would resurrect the Mini Challenge for April.

Within the main weight loss challenge we have another optional, but highly recommended, challenge. It is called the Mini Ultimate Accountability Challenge, or the Mini Challenge. It is based on another MFP challenge group by the same name, or UAC.

The way it works is simple:

1. Log everything you eat that has calories in MFP.
    2. Stay inside your allotted daily calorie budget.
    3. Do at least 20 minutes of activity daily. This could be anything that gets you off the couch and being active: run, walk, cycle, swim, gardening, housework, yoga, gym, etc.
    4. Report each day on this thread (something to the effect of logged food: yes, under calories: yes, exercise: yes, and a brief description is nice)

****When you post your accountability, please put the date, or the day of the week to which you are referring. We are all in different time zones, and some people post in the evening for that day, and others post the next morning, so it gets confusing trying to decipher without a day or date. Thanks!!!*****

You get one free pass day a week (went over calories, could not log food, rest day, etc.) At the end of the week, if you have managed to be "accountable" (three yes's) for at least 6 of 7 days, you will be recognized on this thread as being in the Winner's Circle!

This strategy works for weight loss because it is based on CI<CO.

What's great about this challenge is that it works for everyone, as long as you are honest with yourself. There are no dietary restrictions, so you can eat whatever you like, and follow whatever plan you like. Your own daily calorie budget is set by you and MFP and you choose your own exercise and intensity of exercise! Plus it is a practice that can be carried beyond weight loss into maintenance! If you are having a bad week, a new week and a fresh start is just around the corner!

Consistency and new habits have been shown to be the keys to long term successful weight loss. Why not make the Mini Ultimate Accountability Challenge your new habit, that you do consistently!!

I didn't officially get this out there in time for the start of Easter Sunday and the April Challenge (who starts a weight loss challenge on a holiday??!!) so Sunday will be a pass day (unless you post to the contrary) and for the first week only, 5, 6, or 7 "yes" days will get you into the Winner's Circle!
  • mooreshelly09
    mooreshelly09 Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    4/4/2021
    Tracked: yes
    Under: Yes
    Exercise: No - Rest day
    Water: 101.4oz
    Steps: 5,674
  • rawrxamberx
    rawrxamberx Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    4/4/21
    Tracked: no
    Under: no
    Exercise: yes
    Water: 5 cups

I took the last couple days to enjoy the holiday but now it’s back to the grind! 😊

@cmhubbard92 i am continuing the water challenge this month!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    @DaffyGirl88, I had to Google Dyngus Day. It's origins and it's metamorphosis are very interesting! Apparently Hungary has a Dyngus Day, too, (although it is called something else) but that is on my husband's side. I also discovered that it is very big in Buffalo! So, Happy Dyngus Day to you as well!! What will you do today to celebrate seeing as you are not in Buffalo anymore?
  • HASWLRS
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Sunday, April 4th

Logged: no
    Under: no
    Exercise: yes, I went for a 25 minute walk and I did my physiotherapy exercises for my knee.

I made a casserole for dinner and it would have been very hard to log accurately, so I didn't even bother trying. I did go a little stupid, though, in eating too much just because I wasn't logging. I need to rein that behaviour in on days that I do not log for one reason or another.
This discussion has been closed.