C/W: 191.0

@cmhubbard92 Fantastic loss!!
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    Weigh in Week 1
    PW: 143.9
    CW: 143.5

I'm happy after the holiday and my pizza, placek and spiced jelly bean splurge. It was good though!! 😂. Time to refocus as I am going to Seattle at the EOM. My son is buying his first home and we're going to help him get settled. And we're going to meet his new girlfriend!

Happy Friday!

@DaffyGirl88 , I am so jealous that you get to meet your son's girlfriend because A. my oldest has never even had a girlfriend, and B. my youngest has a girlfriend but they are in Prague! I am happy for him, too, that he is able to buy his first house. The market here is beyond stupid, and our little town is among the worst affected in the country, with an increase in prices of 39% over the last year!! If you take Toronto and Vancouver out of the equation, the average price of a house in Canada is over half a million dollars! WTH!! My oldest has a nice down payment saved up, but with his wage being what it is and no significant other with which to share the expenses, he could never afford it.

But I digress.... Well done on losing the week after Easter from someone who definitely did not!!
  • maryc11
    maryc11 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Weighin #1 Friday 4/2/2021 213.8
    Weighin #2 Friday 4/9/2021 215.3

hmmm, going the wrong way here...added free weights so hoping its just a temporary thing.
    maryc11
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Krysless2 wrote: »
    4/7/21
    Tracked: yes
    Under: no
    Exercise: yes
    Water: 3 cups

I am really struggling right now. I hate that I could do good for a month or so straight and then fall off and have a hard time getting back on. It seems to be the pattern. I’m doing everything I can to break that cycle today!

One of my best friends is struggling and I keep telling her to log even if she’s not making good choices; if you are logging, you are more then half way there! It makes you less hidden in the junk food mess and slows down the binges. Then you can scrutinize what you need to do next.

@rawrxamberx , I had the same thought as @Krysless2 . At least you are still logging...it is definitely a shorter trip out of the rabbit hole when you are doing that. You could try pre-logging your food for the day. That way all of your food decisions are good ones, and it leaves no room to bargain with yourself over whether you should have this or that high calorie indulgence.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    roz0810 wrote: »
    8th April
    logged food: no
    under calories: no
    exercise: yes
    water: 90oz

Weighed in today with a loss of 3.4lbs so thought I deserved a nice curry takeaway. So wasn't able to log and I know i definitely went over calories too.

@roz0810, a lot of people have a bit of a "cheat meal" on weigh-in day, because, like you said, after a nice loss you felt like you deserved it and you know you have six days left in the week to eat at a deficit before the next weigh-in. As long as it is only the one day, you will be fine. And it was on something that sounds really good, (love curry!), as opposed to random junk food items that, when properly scrutinized, are never really worth the calories.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Hi, I'm way off track been documenting food but am way over since Easter. Will keep Friday as weight in days.

@Robandy12345 , do you happen to have a weight for last Friday? You hadn't weighed in for a couple of weeks, so you did not get onto the April spreadsheet. If Ashley has a starting weight for April, meaning last Friday's weight, I am almost sure she could add you back in.

@cmhubbard92 @annabananamc I hope this is okay.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    maryc11 wrote: »
    Weighin #1 Friday 4/2/2021 213.8
    Weighin #2 Friday 4/9/2021 215.3

hmmm, going the wrong way here...added free weights so hoping its just a temporary thing.
    maryc11

@maryc11 Yeah, I am surprised, too. You have been doing well all week with logging and staying under. Definitely the weight training could have something to do with it. Do you weigh more than once a week? If you celebrated Easter, what did your weight look like after the holiday? Maybe you are still coming down from that? Regardless, keep doing what you are doing, and the scale will sort itself out!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    @mooreshelly09 and @cmhubbard92 Well done, ladies, on the scales today!! Over two pounds lost for each of you!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Weigh-in day for me:

SW 163.2
    PW 163.2
    CW 162.4

I keep gaining and losing between this weight and about 165 all year, well, honestly the past four years. I'm trying to see the big picture - the trend is downward, and in the ten years I've been on MFP, I'm pretty much where I started weight wise, going from 49 years old to 59. There were some years I was in the 170s, and one year I was in the 150s. If I could consistently stay at 155 ish I think I'd be ok, and I can picture myself getting there with dialing in the exercise and stress a little better.

There was a time in my late 30s early 40s that I thought I needed to keep from needing the larger weight (150lbs) on the slider-style scale to have a hhappy ife, but I've let that go. Getting old is when things fall away that don't serve me - like some convoluted social construct of beauty and health. I'm working to reframe that inner critic.

@annabananamc Very insightful, Ann. The standard of health and fitness and beauty that we had for ourselves in our 30's does not have to be the same standard for our 50's. Everything evolves and changes, as it should. Oh, and well done on the loss this week!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Thursday, April 8th

logged: yes
    under: yes
    exercise: yes, did my PT exercises
    water: yes, 10 cups
    steps: 9,069

• erikNJ
    erikNJ Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    So I had a pretty good week and decided to weigh myself before we leave. Now I have some positive vibes as I go to disconnect and reset my headspace

LW: 262.2
    CW: 257.8

Ok NOW i leave for our cabin escape! See ya’ll Wednesday!
  • richmondwriter
    richmondwriter Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    @rawrxamberx - I know you can get back on track today! I agree with others that it is a very good step that you are already tracking every day. For me, it helps when I can eat the same meals almost every day, which just makes it easier.

@maryc11 - just a temporary gain, your hard work will pay off!

Great work to @cmhubbard92, @mooreshelly09, @DaffyGirl88, @annabananamc on your excellent losses!

@HASWLRS - Wow I can't believe the cost of a house has gone up so much. I can't imagine if you included Toronto or Vancouver!

@DaffyGirl88 - congrats to your on on his home! I'm glad you'll get to meet his new girlfriend as well.
  • richmondwriter
    richmondwriter Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    MUAC for 4/8:
    Tracked: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercised: yes - 3 miles with the pup
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    erikNJ wrote: »
    So I had a pretty good week and decided to weigh myself before we leave. Now I have some positive vibes as I go to disconnect and reset my headspace

LW: 262.2
    CW: 257.8

Ok NOW i leave for our cabin escape! See ya’ll Wednesday!

@erikNJ That is awesome, Erik! Both on the loss on the scales this morning and the positive vibes to send you off on your cabin getaway!! Enjoy, as we all know you will!!
  • Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 1,925 Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Thurs, April 8th
    Week 1 - Day 5
    Track - Yes
    Under Cals - No 1561
    Exercise - No
    Caloric Goal: 1500/Daily = 10500/Weekly
    Step Goal: 6000/Daily = 42000/Weekly
    👟Challenges💧
    77oz
    10923 Steps
  • mooreshelly09
    mooreshelly09 Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    maryc11 wrote: »
    I weigh daily. Not always a fun thing but mentally keeps me aware that I am watching so I tend to be more thoughtful during the day of what I select to eat. I am finding my lower weights are at the start of the week...Monday, Tuesday but by Friday I tend to be at peak weight for the week. I am more active over the weekends and sit for endless hours during the week. I am aware of that and am trying to break out of it but the scale is making me crazy. If I don't step on the thing, I am lazier during the day. If I do step on the thing, I... well, you know.

I am also consuming more water than I have ever consumed in my life on a daily basis so that might be factoring in as well.

At any rate, I don't want to walk away from the team because I have had some success, I am just stuck in the moment.

You got this @maryc11! I also weigh daily as it helps to keep me accountable. But in doing that, you have to be able to know in your head that as humans we will fluctuate daily. It could be more water one day, or a little more sodium than normal to a harder workout that your muscles are recuperating and holding onto water. I have been at a stand still before for almost 2 months. I think our bodies just like to torture us :) We are all here to be the sounding board for you to vent your frustrations to. We have all been and some currently are in the same boat. Please feel free to send me a friend request here or even Facebook under Shelly Moore. You can message me anytime!

Great losses this week team!
  • cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    @maryc11 @mooreshelly09 do either of you use a weight trending app? I use Libra for android, and have been using it since I started my journey. I log my weight every day(usually), but have missed a few entries due to vacations.

If you don't use one, I suggest you do!
    Here is a screenshot of my graph:
    girpy8kg59km.jpg
  • cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    Options
    @erikNJ Outstanding loss! Go and enjoy your getaway!!!

@mooreshelly09 great loss! Almost to the '80s!

@DaffyGirl88 still a wonderful achievement during a holiday week! Great work!
This discussion has been closed.