Weigh in day: Friday
    PW: 183.7
    CW: 182.4
    LTD: 1.8
    Month: 82.0
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    @leonadixon - I feel your pain as I’m in full peri tornado (49yo). Apparently the sugar cravings can be a “symptom” as well😞. Out of the weird ones, I get vertigo, which annoys me to no end, because I win nauseous and cranky in a flash. If you want a good read about it check the thread “Is it Over Yet? “.
    Hurray for keeping at it, regardless of what yesterday looked like- we only fail if we give up, right?

@trooworld - my evening eating is all emotional so here are my spring strategies to keep/bring my mind in one place:
    -I’m going for a walk at 6:30 and I keep walking until I’m no longer antsy, and when I start noticing smells and songs start popping in my head I know I’m done. If the dog is too loud and agitated, he only gets one loop and then I continue by myself.
    -I have 2 energetic neighbors and I told them to check with me when they want company on their walks and when they do, I never say no.
    -I started journaling 2 weeks ago. It sounds fancy and indulgent but basically I let the pen flow however it wants for a good 15 minutes or so every day. There’s no plan and no language is off the table, and once I close the cover, is like my vision improved.
    I guess it could have been easier to just do yoga
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,915 Member
    Options
    @leonadixon Don't feel like you have to post but it's nice to hear from you when you do! Hopefully the aversion to vegetables goes away on its own. It's hard to make yourself eat what you do not want to eat. I'm glad the mammogram was okay. I started menopause a few years ago. It has not been fun. I had a gain this week, too, and I know it's disheartening but we have to keep fighting for health. I hope you have a better week next week.

@TeresaW1020 Yes, the body IS weird and I'm really not happy with my body, or my mind, right now. :( Your countertops, I'm in love!!! Congrats on the loss!!!

@AustinRuadhain I'm glad you had a good day yesterday.

@davidj82 Great weigh-in!

@GabiV125 Wow, that's a great plan! I hope it helps.

Hi all. I'm so very angry at myself for this week's weigh-in. I'm disappointed in myself and angry. I know what needs to be done but this week was a total failure. I've already planned healthy meals for next week with no indulgent meal so next week, theoretically, should be better.

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • mlhopp93
    mlhopp93 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    mlhopp93
    HW -- 355
    Weigh in day Saturday

SW (3/27/2021): 260.6
    4/3/2021: 259.8 (-0.8)
    4/10/2021: 262.8 (+3.0)
    4/17/2021: 260.2 (-2.6)
    4/24/2021: 259.2 (-1.0)
    5/1/2021:

Happy Friday all. Posting a day early as my sons and I are heading out camping this evening. Might rain tomorrow during our camping trip but always a good opportunity to be in nature and get away from technology if only for a couple of days. Hope everyone has a safe and fun weekend.
  • kellyisonamission
    kellyisonamission Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Username: kellyisonamission
    Weigh in day: Friday
    PW – 191.6
    CW – 191.2
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 691 Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    @leonadixon I know it's supposed to be a bad habit but I read or play Candy Crush when I'm eating foods I'm not thrilled with or if I'm eating a big salad. Salads seem to take so long to eat that I get bored if I don't have a distraction. You'd think that would be a good thing but not eating enough at mealtime doesn't stop me from wanting to eat junk later.

@TeresaW1020 beautiful kitchen. I love how bright it is. Nice loss this week and glad you're feeling better. This is turning out to be a good week for you

@trooworld we all backslide at some point but instead of being angry with yourself you should give yourself a pat on the back for recognizing that you had a tough week, limiting it to only 1 week and making plans for improvement moving forward.

This wasn't my most active week but only had 1 zero day (the day after my vaccine). I managed to catch up on my workouts so I'm back on track to hit 150 workouts in 150 days.

I talked myself into trying a longer fast yesterday but that went out the window when Hubby came home with pizza 😋. Thankfully the scale was down this morning.

I picked up a new book from the library (The Cancer Code by Jason Fung) so I'm heading out to my front porch to read and ride. Hope everyone has a good weekend

• vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    vegan4lyfe2012
    Sunday
    PW: 196.2
    Cw: 197.8
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    week 4 weigh in (Thursday 22Apr2021) late @broncobuddee

Previous weight: 184.2
    Current weight: 182.9
    LTD (from 300 many years ago): 117.9
    Lost 2nd MFP Apr2019 from 235: 52.1

Wow, just looked at my weight for the last year - it's within a couple pounds of today, from Apr2020. Was down to 167.1 in September but it was very short-lived and there has been some ups (obviously), downs and then back to about here. I have unceremoniously maintained my weight for about 7 months. A month or so ago I decided that rather than feel bad about not doing what has always worked (logging calories) I was going to work on maintaining this weight - and try to lose slowly by eating reasonably - watching portions and being mindful of caloric values and not taking in too much BUT not logging the exact foods and values. But no foods off-limits - unless I don't want them. I've been working on my continued redefinition of what I want, such as I don't want something because it doesn't support my goals. Not too different from what I have thought and written about in the past with the difference being I am not logging every bite. I don't know - we'll see what April of 2022 brings, right?

Sorry I missed the check in this morning. Had some vein work done yesterday and was up in the night a few hours and then overslept. Whoops. Did eat a little in the night, after being awake for awhile - I had a small snack at about 200 calories - just enough snack that I could have had more but was able to decide not to. Vein work = vascular surgery...I am such a weenie but have a good doc. Still got a short walk today, made good food choices and watched portions - should drink more water, will work on that tomorrow.
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,791 Member
    Options
    Username:Digger61
    Weigh in day: Saturday

PW: 202
    CW: 201
  • RYcare
    RYcare Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    User: RYcare
    Weigh Day: Saturday
    PW: 233.4
    CW: 232.1
    LTD: 22.9
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,915 Member
    Options
    @mlhopp93 Congrats on the loss! I hope you have fun camping, I love to camp but don't go nearly enough.

@Jactop You are right, I was thinking about it and my WLJ is going to be a long one so of course I will have slip-ups. It's just a blip on my chart. :D Congrats on being on track for 150 workouts in 150 days, that's very impressive! Enjoy your reading time.

@raleighgirl09 Congrats on the year of maintenance.

@kellyisonamission @digger61 @RYcare Congrats on the loss, everyone!

Hi all. Well, I'm down -2.2 lbs this morning which is exactly what I gained yesterday lol. This tells me that it was all water weight. I now have a clean slate for the week and it is up to me to make the best of it, which I intend to. Today is Independent Bookstore Day and I am looking forward to ordering books from my favorite local store for pick-up. I'm also donating blood and picking up groceries. That's about all I'm doing today!

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • Firefly743
    Firefly743 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Firefly743
    ***Weigh In***
    PW: 264.2
    CW: 265.0
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Saturday check in

Good morning to all! Yesterday was good enough for repeating - minus the midnight snack! :p I'll take a couple short walks and already have meal options chosen. That part of the equation remains the same - I have the most success when I plan what I'll eat at least the day ahead and weeks are most successful when I have several lunches and dinners in queue, in the bullpen if you will. I think this is key, no matter what tools are used, whatever plan, method, eating lifestyle is chosen. Knowing ahead that there are plan-fitting options already there just takes the pressure off and I'm not making decisions when I'm likely at the most vulnerable to less optimal choices. Outsmarting me is a bit like tricking someone....but it's someone who knows they are being tricked. Well, that's a circular logic I could get lost in.

I also tend to repeat myself on food choices....again with the trying to make life more simple and have no drama around the food. If it's tasty and gives me satisfaction and is easy to get to and get on a plate without a lot of hassel, I will land on a day that I feel good about for food life. Just need to keep it that simple.

Anyone else getting groceries delivered? This started as a way to keep me out of the grocery store (read - away from people in the midst of high-alert COVID) and then I discovered how darn easy it makes life for me. I do an order in the evening - allow time for me to think about it and add to the order, if needed - and have it delivered in the morning. Whammo, instant 1.5-2 hour savings. No impulse buying - very easy to make smart choices. Spending less money overall, even though there is a fee here and there or an upcharge for the service.

I hope everyone enjoys a great Saturday!!

Maria
  • caitlingfry
    caitlingfry Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Username: caitlingfry
    Weigh in week: Week 4
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    PW: 156.7
    CW: 159.4

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Skimmed like 4 pages I missed, saw some great stuff, good work team!

Gonna also check in here because it’s been a while! I’m sort of back to work and have been definitely emo eating, dehydrated, over eating, bad habits in general. Had a couple urgent care visits and now I’m on steroids and anti nausea meds. What a wicked experience. So ready to feel better and start trending in the right direction.
  • fierce1alicia
    fierce1alicia Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Fierce1alicia

Weigh-in Day: Saturday

SW (3/23/2021): 319
    4/3/2021: 318.6
    4/10/2021:317
    4/17/2021:316.2
    4/24/2021: 316
    5/1/2021:

barely a lose but I just had a birthday this week so, I will take it.

Frankfindshomes

Weigh in Saturday
    Last week: 224.4
    Cw: 225
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @Jactop Pizza would end my fast too! :D I’ve heard Dr. Fung talk about his new book on a couple of podcasts, so I hope you enjoy the book. You will have to let us know! Ohhh and I love Candy Crush. I play it at night while watching TV. :)

@trooworld Ohhh my goodness, don’t you just hate losing the gain right after weigh-in day? :D But that is super great that all it was water weight and not a fat gain. Now, you can rock this week!! :grin:

@raleighgirl09 Totally agree that having a plan for what you will eat is a real key to success. I always have my dinner plan and recently I started making my lunch plan too. It’s when I don’t have a plan that I find myself eating whatever looks good at the moment and of course, we know that isn’t always the wisest choice I should be making. No, I have never done a grocery delivery. I like going to the store and it gets my mom and out of her room. I have friends who do and love it, so I can definitely see the benefits. :)

@caitlingfry You are still healing from having the virus, so you need to take extra good care of yourself. You will get your eating back under control and get that gain off. <3

@fierce1alicia Hey, having a loss of any kind on a birthday week is a huge win!! B)

Hi Team! Today has been a good day. I worked out this morning and got my lesson ready to teach the kids tomorrow at church. I ordered a 12-cup food processor and a bigger Dash waffle maker so I can batch cook my Chaffles. And those two things required me to reorganize my kitchen to figure out where to keep these two new appliances. Hubby told me that I need to stop buying stuff. I didn’t have the heart to remind him that I just ordered a pizza stone from an online Pampered Chef party that I went to last week. :D I do have Fathead pizza on the menu for next week and I’m excited to make the dough in my new food processor and cook it on my pizza stone. :grin:
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Friday weigh in
    Cornanda
    4/23
    PW: 177.4
    CW: 178.1

+0.6

LTD: 13

This is not the direction I want to be going. Planning some investigation on this.
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    @GabiV125 - you are taking such good care of yourself. I love your plan

@TeresaW1020 - counters are gorgeous!

@raleighgirl09 - so impressed with your maintaining. Heal up the veins quick.

@AustinRuadhain - admire your discipline.

@vegan4lyfe2012 - hugs. How are you doing?

@trooworld - I feel you getting back on track. You're right, it's only a blip.

Congrats to all who lost this week!
This discussion has been closed.