Share your Numbers

Replies

• alisampm
    alisampm Posts: 182 Member
    Monthly weight check-in.

On track for my 2021 goal of losing 4lb per month. Yeah!

SW 272 (Feb 2020)
    CW 186.4

Total lost 85.6

Next goal, get to 184 by June 1st.

March 1 – Goal: 196 – Actual 196 (3/3/21 started the None to Run program)
    April 1 – Goal: 192 – Actual 192.8 (4/9/21 officially 80 pounds lost total)
    May 1 – Goal 188 – Actual 186.4
    June 1 – Goal 184
  • Janatki
    Janatki Posts: 730 Member
    Janatki wrote: »
    Height: 5 “ 2
    Starting weight: 234 lbs (24/02/2021)
    MFP CICO: commenced 03/03/21
    Current weight - 227.8 lbs (01/04/2021)
    Goal weight: 145 - 154lbs - no deadline set
    Aiming to lose1 lb per week by CICO & incorporate gentle, increasing levels of exercise to improve health

01/05/21 - CW - 223.8
    CICO - 1490 - MFP
    Ex calories - O - sedentary due to # foot

BMR - 1570
    RMR - unknown
    TDEE - 1413 to 1507 - sedentary ( Estimated 0.9 - 1.1 lbs weight loss per week)
    Loss 11 lb in 11 weeks - on track 🙂
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,525 Member
    Janatki wrote: »
    BMR - 1570 RMR - unknown
    TDEE - 1413 to 1507 - sedentary ( Estimated 0.9 - 1.1 lbs weight loss per week) Loss 11 lb in 11 weeks - on track 🙂

A couple of random thoughts!

The Mifflin formula that mfp (and Fitbit) uses is actually estimating RMR.

Your TDEE should be the number of calories your burn in total including any deficit you then choose to apply.

Your apparent (and validated by your weight loss track record) 500 Cal deficit would be the difference between what you ate and logged and your actual TDEE.

11/11 is awesome especially when injured!!!👍
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Yesterday I weighed my lowest weight, 244.6 lbs.....I started at 350.0 on May 28, 2019..... I am 5’ 8-9” tall and large framed....I will be 70 in July....I suppose my loss could have been more but I am a work in progress!...I have gone from a size 26/28 pants to a 16/18 that are getting loose!...I binge on occasion and my weight stayed about the same from Jan. 2021 until the past couple of weeks...I think my body was very comfortable at 250.0 lbs....I cut back a little food,started doing a little more exercise, and got a little more mentally motivated and the weight is going down again...I see my doctor in mid June for my six month check up and my goal is to be at 239.0..

• lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,578 Member
    Big CONGRATULATIONS to you @conniewilkins56 !
  • MaraOfNaamah
    MaraOfNaamah Posts: 133 Member
    I am determined to get a handle on my weight and improv my overall health, and I'm hoping participating in this group will help me stay focused.

I'm 5'9, and 37 years old.

SW: 325
    LW: 195 (April 2018)
    CW: 271.2
    BMI: 40
    GW: 175

May Goal: <255
  • lauriekallis
    I am determined to get a handle on my weight and improv my overall health, and I'm hoping participating in this group will help me stay focused.

I'm 5'9, and 37 years old.

SW: 325
    LW: 195 (April 2018)
    CW: 271.2
    BMI: 40
    GW: 175

May Goal: <255

Welcome (I think? Perhaps you just haven't checked in in awhile?) @MaraOfNaamah ! You are well on your way! Gotta love the rollercoaster apparent in your LW. I'm hoping that being part of this group, and learning everything that I'm learning, I'll stay of the roller coaster for the rest of my life. I hope the same for us all! No more "LW" other than were we are (give or take 10 maybe :) )
  • PAV8888
    edited May 2021
    I use trendweight.

It sucks data from Fitbit (ie Google servers, and you don't need a device in order to download and use the app and store weight info)

It lets you explore back to first logged

Just a reminder about trying for big moves when you're at or closer to maintenance. Time and deliberate slow movement is your friend and dampening, not exacerbating loss-regain by pushing fast.

• lauriekallis
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    I use trendweight.

It sucks data from Fitbit (ie Google servers, and you don't need a device in order to download and use the app and store weight info)

It lets you explore back to first logged

Just a reminder about trying for big moves when you're at or closer to maintenance. Time and deliberate slow movement is your friend and dampening, not exacerbating loss-regain by pushing fast.

Thank you for the reminder, @PAV8888 I'm slowly absorbing this idea. It is one thing to read and and intellectually know it and another to start living it! I will get their. It is funny - just like the "big" weightloss section of this trip - what I have to remember is to consciously feed myself well. When I don't - everything goes out the window. Especially control. For a variety of reasons it seems.
  • eliezalot
    eliezalot Posts: 620 Member
    SW: 255 (June 2019)
    LW: 193 (September 2020)
    CW: 211.6

Over the last 6 months, I've been slowly gaining from my previous low weight. It seems very time I take a trip to see family (about a week every other month), I come back about 8 lbs heavier. I haven't been tracking while I've been on those trips, Mom loves to cook and feed me, plus the 2 day road-trip drive leads to lots of bad snack decisions. When I get back, I'm always straight back to tracking, though it is always harder to readjust. I think after those trips I get used to the increased volume of food and the mental feeling of being full and the freedom of eating whatever I want, however much I want, whenever I want. It always takes a week or so to get used to it again. And then I'm usually just back to where I started in time for the next trip. I need to figure out a better plan for the next one, which won't be until summer.

But all things considered, since I started almost 2 years ago, I am still down 40 lbs, which I still think is a huge accomplishment. I can move around so much easier. I have more energy. I feel better. I haven't gained it all back and then some. Even if I'm up a bit lately, I'm still playing the long game. I'm just frustrated at myself and impatient.
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Glad you are back!...you can do this!
  • eliezalot
    eliezalot Posts: 620 Member
    Thanks @conniewilkins56! It feels good to be refocused again!
  • PAV8888
    Nice jello and nice plan (I would still use 0% Greek yogurt or skyr or Wendy's chili as a topping! And sriracha, of course).

What BMI range are you playing in, out of curiosity?
  • lauriekallis
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Nice jello and nice plan (I would still use 0% Greek yogurt or skyr or Wendy's chili as a topping! And sriracha, of course).

What BMI range are you playing in, out of curiosity?

If it was a normal night I might go with greek yoghurt - but it is a celebration! And my diet is usually pretty low fat so cottage cheese won't do any harm. And of course there will be sriracha - that just kinda goes without saying :)

I'm right at the brink of a "normal" BMI range. I've been bouncing between 167 and 183. The top weight of normal for my height (5'9") is 168 pounds.

To be honest I was pretty darn happy at 170 - but there is a loose skin issue and I am hoping if I can get rid of a bit more of the fat inside those loose folds and flaps they might have an easier time tightening up...just little?

So I'm kinda hoping to get to around 150, the middle of a normal BMI range for my height, and stay there for ??? a year or two or three? See what happens with the skin? Then be content if my weight creeps up to the 160s?
  • lauriekallis
    Tonight I'm celebrating a friends birthday with her. We are in total lock down so we'll sneak her into my backyard and have a fire (that will help keep the secret...lol) throw some potatoes into the flames and drink tea with whiskey and beer until they are done, add some butter, chives and....cottage cheese (to make them health food)...follow that with birthday cake after midnight (her birthday is the 16th). I know it will hurt tomorrow when I find myself 5 pounds heavier. But alas, this is the game of life.

Woohoo - only up two pounds this morning (and went about 162 calories over maintenance yesterday - not bad considering the rich rich cake!)