Downsizers - May 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,556 Member
    Options
    @rwood566
    Snacking at night is one of my biggest downfalls. I have a planned snack around 7:30 every night but it’s those snacks that I am eating when I can’t sleep. Maybe we can tackle this one together this week. Great job on the exercise yesterday!

@iradi8
    Nice steps!

@rlaskey2
    Did you get to roller skate? That would be awesome exercise.

@TheresaM787
    Enjoy your time with your Mom! Sounds like she bought some delicious food. I am drooling. You have made a great plan for the next few days.

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,556 Member
    Options
    Saturday check in
    βœ…Steps 5,372
    βœ…Sleep
    βœ…Walk
    βœ…Water

I made myself stay in bed last night even though I couldn’t fall asleep therefore no eating after supper beside my planned snack. This is huge. I need someone technically savvy to help to figure out how to keep the 432hz music playing all night. When my phone goes to sleep the music shuts off. If I change the setting so the phone never shuts the light from the phone is bright enough to keep us awake. Anyway, we are off grocery shopping in a few and I will do a short walk later in the day.

Hope you meet all your goals today!
  • Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 Thank you... Never did get to future exercise room, vacuumed packed meat and been busy making my brothers birthday dinner of choice. (Prime Rib roast with lots of garlic, and with my special rub.).

As for goals.... I may have bite a bit more off then I can chew with another mfp friend... I pledged 12000 between today and tomorrow. So I'm a smidge over 6000 at the moment.. Which means I got a pretty busy day ahead for tomorrow! DOH! πŸ˜†πŸ€ͺ😁

Are you wanting to be adding to our step challenge? Just give me a step goal that you think you can hit daily :)

Um I'm a bit hesitant at the moment. 6000 steps for a man my size is a lot of work. lol Specially on fast day. Monday through Friday, how about we try and hit 4000 per day... 6000 on weekends?. :smiley:
  • Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Hi and nice to Meat you Theresa, Jim, Teresa, Rachel, Bluetail, Cesse, Iradi, Rwood!

If I'm missing anyone... Me sorry! :)

This morning's thoughts!

14 Consecutive Sunday Fast today.

Blood Ketones 3.4
    Blood Glucose 89
    GKI 1.45

I was a little lackadaisical poking around on MFP this morning, and waited a bit longer then usual to take my Blood reading this morning. And ZIPWOWIE! πŸ˜… What an amazing ketone and Blood Glucose level. I think this is my strongest combined reading and best GKI to date.

Body is most certainly making good use of fat to create ketones for energy. Love it!

This will be my second Sunday fast since I started walking... Last Sunday was no problem at all, this Sunday I have another walk planned so we will see how it goes. Right now I feel on top of the world. πŸ˜‰

So more work needs to be done to prepare exercise room... I also need to read a large print out on Microsoft project and XML code (Work homework)... And of course the stroll in the park with my love!

This mornings Fitbit clip! :)

xgje32h18etd.png

Have an amazing Sunday everyone! And love the people around you! πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—

• Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    axe68jqx0zf2.jpg
    kosql2woaw6c.png
    rys1zrgke4sn.png
    qrdex10v2twv.png

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    60lel4942iyk.png

PLACE TEAM LBS LOSS
    1vaci54lvw24.png

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @Rachelrjh 2.47 %
    2nd @beautyofdreams 2.13%
    3rd @KristieJC 2.07%

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOSS
    1st @KristieJC 4.2 Lbs
    1st @ashleycarole86 4.2 Lbs
    2nd @rachelrjh 4.0 Lbs
    3rd @Beautyofdreams 3.2Lbs

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @eggfreak
    @DD265
    @caitlingfry
    @JoDavo66
    @davidji82
    @Zumba_Luvah
    @janek1705
    @Mrscanmore
    @Firefly743

5uzdtl0ylzm7.png

• Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    1itdvab9fsve.jpg
    v0epz9wc35rn.png
    td982ufn8bqe.png
    humq4wgt8shp.png
    i8bgdakxbn2a.png

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    nxsrp71pr66i.png

PLACE TEAM LBS LOSS
    wjuoarp3oo9d.png

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @bumpbreakcar 8.58 %
    2nd @Rachelrjh 7.60%
    3rd @KristieJC 6.86 %

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOSS
    1st @laceyf53 15.5 Lbs
    2nd @Ashleycarole86 14.6 Lbs
    3rd @rwood566 14.4 Lbs

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @Aqualang26
    @kerdil08
    @davidji82
    @Tazaria87
    @gak71
    @Jactop
    @heatlthygirlintransit
    @Bluetail6
    @machchic

1vtz7awyyosz.png

• Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Username: Beautyofdreams
    Weigh-In Day: Sunday
    PW: 146.8
    CW: 146.6
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,205 Member
    Options
    1009z59yjjf5.png
    The MAY WEEK 1 Challenge is up! This is always our week for commitment and reflection - try to post there every day if it helps you! Or post them here if you would rather:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10831916/may-week-1-challenge-daily-commitment-and-reflection#latest
  • TheresaM787
    TheresaM787 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Way to go Downsizers!!! 78.8 pounds lost πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰

@Tazaria87
    @Bluetail6
    @rwood566
    Congratulations to the top three πŸ…πŸ…πŸ…

@Beautyofdreams
    @lcfa5317
    @mszoueb
    YAyyyyy!!! Congratulations 🀩🀩🀩

@Beautyofdreams
    Nice lossπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

@Poobah1972
    Terrific walk 😁 way to go!!!

@lindamtuck2018
    Yes!!! All βœ…βœ…βœ…βœ… the sleep is a huge one for you. So glad you were able to get done πŸ’€ plus no unplanned snacks 🀩 what if you flip the phone over, face down - no light then 🀣
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,488 Member
    Options
    iradi8 wrote: Β»
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Sorry you're in so much pain. I hope it lets up soon.

Steps:
    4/25 13,721
    4/26 8,898
    4/27 13,086
    4/28 10,709
    4/29 11,161
    4/30 15,745
    5/1 12,992

Thank you so much ... I see my Surgeon again tomorrow ..I am hoping he takes the drain out .... I am soooo looking forward to taking a shower instead of wiping myself down with wipes ...I can't bend or squat ..the pain is unbearable .....I feel like I have been punched over n over n over by the entire football team and it burns ..I am sooooo over it lol
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    edited May 2021
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 Thank you... Never did get to future exercise room, vacuumed packed meat and been busy making my brothers birthday dinner of choice. (Prime Rib roast with lots of garlic, and with my special rub.).

As for goals.... I may have bite a bit more off then I can chew with another mfp friend... I pledged 12000 between today and tomorrow. So I'm a smidge over 6000 at the moment.. Which means I got a pretty busy day ahead for tomorrow! DOH! πŸ˜†πŸ€ͺ😁

Are you wanting to be adding to our step challenge? Just give me a step goal that you think you can hit daily :)

Um I'm a bit hesitant at the moment. 6000 steps for a man my size is a lot of work. lol Specially on fast day. Monday through Friday, how about we try and hit 4000 per day... 6000 on weekends?. :smiley:

I put you on the step challenge with a step pledge of 4000....if at a later time you want to change the step number you just let me know :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    edited May 2021
    Options
    I am missing a few steps .....Would the following people please post ASAP

@AlphaEliJoe 4/25-5/1
    @Piqueaboo - 4/25-5/1

@Z1ORtza- 4/29-5/1
    @lcfa5317 -4/28-5/1
    @transparentenigma -4/25-5/1

@red1185 -5/1

Also please let me know if you want to stay on the step challenge....be removed from the step challenge.........added to the step challenge .........be excused/or be taken off the excused list

Thank you for your cooperation :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    A Congrats to @Tazaria87 for coming in 1st for our wonderful team ...............A Congrats to @Bluetail6 for coming in 2nd for our amazing team and @rwood566 for coming in 3rd for our awesome team ...........Great job you 3 :)
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Daily Post May 1
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 104oz
    Steps 9043
    Exercise 65min walk at lake

Went for a walk with my parents in the early afternoon out at the lake. It was super windy but the temperature was nice. After that, I stopped by the grocery store to pick up a few things I forgot to get one Friday. I also picked out a few pieces of workout clothing I've been wanting and my husband is going to have my kids give them to me for Mother's Day. The pants I've been wearing to walk are 2 sizes too big, and cinching them down with the ties is starting to look ridiculous haha.
  • Beautyofdreams
    Options
    Hi, I am Deb. I live in Eastern Iowa with my mother. I am 57 y.o. kidney/pancreas transplant recipient with stage 4 chronic kidney disease. Retired and on disability due to diabetic complications and kidney disease. I lift weights 3 days a week and walk the other days. Have been various levels of overweight or obese most of my life. Lost significant amount of weight 3 times and am working on losing 12 more pounds to get to where my doctor wants me to be. Then will reassess. I am currently in the normal bmi range but my waist measurement puts me as metabolically obese so need to keep losing weight.
  • tomcat2019
    tomcat2019 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello! Joined a day late but better late than never ;) I'm a 49 year old female, married with 3 kids. I used to be really active but have become more sedentary over the past 5 years since I've taken a FT job that involves me sitting on my butt. So ready to commit to being healthier!

My goals:
    Track all my food
    Stay within my calorie range (<1500)
    Drink a minimum of 64 ounces of water
    Reduce alcohol intake (it's been one big party since lockdown!)
    Exercise 4-5 days/week

SW: 278
    Height: 5'9"
    GW for May: 260
    GW for December: 190
    Ultimate GW: 165

Looking forward to checking in and getting to know you all!
    Ally
  • Beautyofdreams
    Options
    Welcome @tomcat2019. Wishing you success on your journey to better health.
This discussion has been closed.