Downsizers - May 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    @Tazaria87

That is incredible! Wow wow wow! I'm speechless! What an achievement! :)

Thanks for sharing! :)
  • Poobah1972
    Options
    Blood Keytones 3.4
    Blood Glucose 90
    GKI 1.45

What a beautiful Tuesday morning... Raining, but I don't give a hairy rat's *kitten*! 😉

OOOoooh Man, ever since walking my GKI number are looking sweet, and all it really means I'm burning more fat than ever before to fuel my activities. Feel like Macho Man OOOoooooohh YEaaaahHHHH! 😄

I like this Pictogram, as it shows all the varying stats against the same time line.... You can see that lovely hill I have to climb, lap after lap. lol

1qm39a1xbh34.png

You will notice It says I went 1.25 miles today. That seems like a stretch, but I decided to do a wide final lap today. I think I may do more wide laps in the future, as opposed to doing an extra lap. At least for now. 🙂

Getting Stronger, every day! 😄

Good Morning everyone, have an amazing Tuesday! And stay out of trouble you hear!? 😋😎

Almost forgot...

@Megan_smartiepants1970 steps for May 3, 2021 = 5339 😃
  • TheresaM787
    TheresaM787 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    5/4 Goals

1. Peloton- 30 minutes and 8 miles
    2. Evening walk- step goal 8,000
    3. Drink 8 cups of water
    4. Stay within calorie budget (track everything that I eat and drink)
    lb7xxvk28978.jpeg
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,510 Member
    Options
    @TheresaM787
    We had just a touch of humidity the other day and I could feel it when I walked. You did great on the bike and green on 2 more of your goals! Way to go!

@rlaskey2
    Sometimes it has to be a simple dinner. Why is shopping so exhausting?

@Tazaria87
    You have made an amazing transformation. Your energy level must have increased drastically. You have worked so hard for this and the finish line is right there. Just amazing!

@Beautyofdreams
    Your story in the blog is absolutely amazing. I encourage everyone to read it. You have overcome one hardship after another. I know this skin graft is going to be hard but you can get through it. You are already trying to find ways. Your strength is admirable.

@rwood566
    Look at those steps! I was wondering if you could share some of your dessert ideas.

@Poobah1972
    I just learned what gki stands for and your numbers are great. Awesome day!
  • 363days
    363days Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Tazaria87 wrote: »
    Alright guys, I got my pictures put together in a collage. Hopefully it turns out ok. So, the first one is me at my son's baptism 5 years ago. It's one of the only pictures I have of me at my highest weight. The next picture is of me last year when I started this current journey. The last two are me from today.

akoxb088sz2p.jpg

Those pictures really show your journey and I can see why people were stopping you and asking about your weight loss. You look fantastic - thanks for sharing your journey.
  • 363days
    Options
    @Bluetail6 That is a beautiful poem, thanks for sharing. You joined close to the same time as I did, and although I am not yet successful, I look at you and see where I can be when I start moving the right direction - thanks for the motivation.
    To all of the steppers - I know we all have different goals and I want to congratulate EVERYONE who has been walking your little hearts out! Good on you1
  • 363days
    Options
    Monday’s check in
    ✅Steps 6262
    ✅Sleep
    ✅Walk

Yesterday was very challenging. After my walk the pain in my leg and back was at an all time high. That coupled with the fact my blood pressure has been high really got to me. It was really high at my dentist appointment last week, I measured it a few times at the pharmacy and I bought a meter on Sunday. I never had problems with high blood pressure before so I am going to call the doctor today. I am going to try and use this to light a fire in me. I got started on my journey over 2 years ago as my diabetes was bad and I used the fear to get me going. I need to harness that fear again. I apologize for not cheering everyone on yesterday.

Anyways, it is raining yet again. I am going to walk anyway but I bought an umbrella yesterday. I got pretty wet during my walk yesterday so I said enough already. ☔️

Have a terrific Tuesday!

I absolutely love your determination and perseverance. I hope you stayed dry!
  • Poobah1972
    Options
    I just learned what gki stands for and your numbers are great. Awesome day!

Thank you for taking the time to look that up. I like you already! :D

• TheresaM787
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018
    Way to go Linda👏👏 ✅✅✅ so glad you bought an ☔️, still so impressed that you walk in the rain. So happy that you’re sleeping!

@lmf1012
    That’s a huge accomplishment staying under your calorie goal every day 🙌🙌
    oh my gosh, I used to hate exercise. I had so many excuses not to exercise. I listened to Atomic Habits and one of the suggestions that I heard was to pair something I do and enjoy everyday, with something I wanted to change. I paired morning coffee with Peloton (started cycling low and slow- so that I’d be able to ride again the following day without being sore). At first I didn’t enjoy cycling. Didn’t want to do it. Slowly, it became a habit and I was eventually able to increase my endurance.

@Tazaria87
    Congratulations on all ✅ yesterday and for working out after you put your kids to bed👏👏
    I’m so glad you posted! Be proud of your hard work.

@Beautyofdreams
    That was an inspirational article. 🤗 Thank you Deb for allowing MFP to publish it. You’ve been through so much, overcame enormous obstacles, learned what works for you and shared so many helpful suggestions to make our process easier. Thank you again for sharing and once again CONGRATULATIONS on all of your success 🥳🎉🎉🎉
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,437 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone ........Still very sore and it is bruised (like black n blue bruised) He didn't bandage it up so my pants are hitting the staples which is not helping with the pain
  • roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Would it please be possible to change my weigh in day this week to Wednesday instead of Thursday as I won't have scales from Thursday till Tuesday. Hope this is OK
  • TheresaM787
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    Does the surgeon want the area to be left without a bandage? If he didn’t inform you to keep it uncovered, maybe his office staff can ask him, since it’s adding to the pain & it’s rubbing against your pants, can you bandage it
  • TheresaM787
    edited May 2021
    Options
    @azkunk What a roller coaster of emotions! I’m glad everything worked out even better for you Andrea. Cmon Friday!
  • TheresaM787
    edited May 2021
    Options
    5/4 Goals

@Megan_smartiepants1970

1. Peloton- 30 minutes and 8 miles ✅ moderate effort
    2. Evening walk- step goal 8,000 ✅ 8,300
    3. Drink 8 cups of water ❌ 7 cups
    4. Stay within calorie budget (track everything that I eat and drink) ✅ under budget
This discussion has been closed.