Options
    Username lcfa5317
    Weigh in day - Monday
    PW 198
    CW 190.0
    LTD 8 lbs.

Goals this month:
    Track my food every day.
    Exercise 4x a week (bike, yoga, fast walk)

I've had a rough 2 weeks. My daughter got sick and I had to fly to see her in her university town. She was in the hospital. She got discharged and I went home. Then she collapsed on Saturday. My husband and I drove 6 hours to get her and 6 hours back on Sunday. She is going to take some incompletes in college and finish the semester late. I am now trying to cook healthy vegetarian meals that have iron (can you say lentils?) She needed 3 blood transfusions and is very weak. She is lying on the sofa while I wait on her in between teaching my classes online. Life is never dull.
    She is improving and even laughing. I think she will go back on Saturday (fingers crossed.)I will try to improve on my eating habits now! I don't think I can track my steps this month. It was stressful trying to remember to get those numbers in. I need less stress. I have an Apple watch, and that really motivates me to move.
    I love reading everyone's posts and challenges. I realize that I'm not alone in all the daily challenges. Onward ho!
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    @lcfa5317 amazing loss, but more importantly it's great that your daughter is getting better. i hope whatever was the problem is over and she's back to normal soon.

@azkunk congrats on the potential promotion out of the blue.

@my_monkey_my_circus love the saying. thank you.

sorry if i'm not as talkative this week. i've been feeling "off" and my head has been fuzzier than normal. i've already added this to the list for my doctor's discussion on the 18th. i think i'm going to overwhelm the poor lady.

check-in for 5/5:
    steps: 9157. good number.
    calories: 1300 and change including a large dessert. i've rechecked everything i've eaten several times today because i swear it can't be that low.
    exercise: 3.3 mile walk in 1:11. it felt good to go walk. it's just a shame that i had to force myself to go.

i hope everyone is ready for tomorrow. revenge of the sixth (sith). fight the dark side that wants you to overeat and not exercise.
  • roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,238 Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Is there a current step challenge I could join in on at all? @lindamtuck2018 Got my fitbit versa 3 yesterday morning woop woop
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,487 Member
    Options
    roz0810 wrote: »
    Is there a current step challenge I could join in on at all? @lindamtuck2018 Got my fitbit versa 3 yesterday morning woop woop

@Megan_smartiepants1970
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Username: @my_monkey_my_circus
    Weigh In Day: Saturday
    PW (Previous Weight): 322.9
    CW (Current Weight): 322.5

Step count goal: 7500

My day today:

Nice loss so far! I have you as a Saturday weigh in. Do you want me to change your day to Wednesday?
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @lcfa5317
    Awesome loss! I hope your daughter continues to feel better. Make sure to take care of yourself too. Being a mom sometimes we forget to take care of ourselves.

@rwood566
    You are a wonderful member of our team no matter how much you talk. I hope the doctor gives you answers at the appointment. Amazing steps! It’s funny how once we walk we feel better. My doctor prescribed walking to help with my anxiety. He says nature helps for many things. Yesterday with my blood pressure they encouraged walking. You are doing so great overall. Keep up the good fight.

• lmf1012
    lmf1012 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    5/5 Check In
    Steps: 7,102
    Calories: 1,268 (1312 Goal)
    Exercise: 1.93 mile walk
    Water: 96 oz

Yesterday was a pretty good day, I did have to make myself go for a walk but I was happy I did so I could reach my step goal and just get some fresh air and move a bit.

Today is my scheduled gym day - still struggling to get myself back there. Each day I don't go just makes it harder to get back on track.

@TheresaM787
    You certainly have a challenge on your hands with cooking meals for the family! My dad is just like your husband, he only eats a select few things and I am pretty sure none of them are low calorie lol. Peloton AND a walk, very nice!!

@my_monkey_my_circus
    Great job closing your rings for the day, and crushing it at that!

@lcfa5317
    Wow! That is a pretty crazy couple of weeks, happy your daughter is beginning to feel better! Great job on the 8lb loss!

@rwood566
    Sorry you have been feeling “off” recently, I have periodically used that same word to define how I have felt at times. Great steps and good job walking, even if you had to force yourself!

@lindamtuck2018
    Sounds like you were super close to your sleep goal, hopefully that is something you can improve. I know I am practically useless when my sleep is not good. Anxiety can really interfere with that, so definitely try the techniques they provided. One that my friend told me about I have been using is called Box Breathing, a technique apparently Navy Seals use.

@Poobah1972
    Things are not always smooth sailing that’s for sure, but you got out there and pushed through despite the obstacles. I would still call that a win for the day!
  • TheresaM787
    TheresaM787 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    @my_monkey_my_circus
    Nice loss!! So glad you’ve joined the team 🎉
  • TheresaM787
    Options
    @lcfa5317
    Congratulations on your 8 pound loss👏👏👏
    I’m sorry to hear about your daughter. That sounds very scary. You definitely have a lot on your plate right now. Great idea about focusing on tracking what you eat and drink, and exercising four days a week.

@rwood566
    Wow! High step count and low calorie count – phenomenal 🎉🎉🎉 That’s terrific that you went out for a walk even though you didn’t want to, you’re creating great habits 🤩
    Star Wars Week continues 😃

@lindamtuck2018
    Missing by only 5 minutes on sleep- that’s a ✅ in my book. So that means you have ✅✅✅! Glad to hear that your sleep is improving. Good luck at the doctors. Your Cobb salad sounds so yummy right now. By the way, I’m singing I Will Survive , also.
  • TheresaM787
    Options
    @Poobah1972
    What a morning! 😆 Poor guy, I hope you’re ok. You’re doing awesome committing to this new habit of walking every day.

@lmf1012
    ✅✅✅✅ well done 👏👏👏👏 I know what you mean about making yourself go for a walk. That’s been me too. I think I need to get myself into a routine for walking so that it becomes a habit. Once I’m out for my walk and I’m listening to a podcast I don’t mind walking, it’s just getting myself out the door that’s hard. What about you?
    Yes, it does sound like your dad and my husband have the same eating habits 😆

@Tazaria87
    ✅✅✅✅✅ brilliant!! Fantastic effort yesterday 🎉🎉 I’m so sorry to hear that you’re having those effects from the second dose. Hopefully you’ll feel better soon. I’m glad you’re listening to what your body needs. Take care 🤗

@missysave0612
    Terrific loss 🙌🙌🙌 you’ve unlocked the secret, keep pulling up carpet!!

@888Angie888
    🥳 loss! Yes, a loss is a loss. It’s moving in the right direction 👏👏 keep those NSVs in your mind.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,081 Member
    Options
    roz0810 wrote: »

Just give me a step goal that you want to hit daily ....and post your steps either daily or weekly but please have them in on Sundays thank you
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    lcfa5317 wrote: »
    Username lcfa5317
    Weigh in day - Monday
    PW 198
    CW 190.0
    LTD 8 lbs.

Goals this month:
    Track my food every day.
    Exercise 4x a week (bike, yoga, fast walk)

I've had a rough 2 weeks. My daughter got sick and I had to fly to see her in her university town. She was in the hospital. She got discharged and I went home. Then she collapsed on Saturday. My husband and I drove 6 hours to get her and 6 hours back on Sunday. She is going to take some incompletes in college and finish the semester late. I am now trying to cook healthy vegetarian meals that have iron (can you say lentils?) She needed 3 blood transfusions and is very weak. She is lying on the sofa while I wait on her in between teaching my classes online. Life is never dull.
    She is improving and even laughing. I think she will go back on Saturday (fingers crossed.)I will try to improve on my eating habits now! I don't think I can track my steps this month. It was stressful trying to remember to get those numbers in. I need less stress. I have an Apple watch, and that really motivates me to move.
    I love reading everyone's posts and challenges. I realize that I'm not alone in all the daily challenges. Onward ho!

I hope your daughter recovers quickly .... Are you wanting me to remove you from the step challenge or do you want to be excused ? Please let me know ...Thanks :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Good Morning Amazing Downsizers .....not much to report on my end other than still in pain and laying around is not fun ...I am a go getter so this sitting/laying around is for the birds not me ...I just wish I could snap my fingers and be completely healed :) I know I am dreaming but that would be nice....It burns/itches where the incision is ... I have a very intense pain on my left side ... I have not heard from my GP about labs... I called the other day and was told they would call me to go in which I have no heard anything.. I have an appt. with him on Mondy (which is usually lab results but I am still going because I need to talk to him about other things .... I get the rest of my stables out on Monday by my surgeon which I will be driving myself since roommate is going back to work today/this evening ...I can't drive him back to Sacramento (as we are 3 hours from there) so he is waiting for another truck driver to pick him up
  • roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    thanks @Megan_smartiepants1970 I would like my goal to be 10k. thank you
This discussion has been closed.