Downsizers - May 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,308 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    Does the surgeon want the area to be left without a bandage? If he didn’t inform you to keep it uncovered, maybe his office staff can ask him, since it’s adding to the pain & it’s rubbing against your pants, can you bandage it

I took a shower and had my roommate bandage up where the drain was and but a piece of cotton pad and band-aids where the incision is ......boy did that shower feel good
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 - what did the surgeon say about your pain? Do make sure to not keep the incision covered all of the time. It will heal better open to air. Get some loose sweat pants or a nightshirt.

@Beautyofdreams - I read you blog story and what you posted above. I am so in awe of you resilience.

@TheresaM787 - it sure was a rollercoaster of emotion. I had no idea I had all of that bottled up

@Tazaria87 - that is an incredible transformation

@lindamtuck2018 - it’s good that you bought a monitor to keep track of your blood pressure. I hope you leg is feeling better.

@Poobah1972 - you are crushing it 🤩
  • roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Hope it's ok to weigh in a day earlier @Megan_smartiepants1970 sorry I forgot to tag you in the post where I asked if it was ok.

Username: roz0810
    Weigh In Day: Thursday (Wednesday today as a one off)
    PW: 255.6
    CW: 250.6

Woop woop! I'm now off to my mums for 6 days so I will try my best to log and stay within calories but I know I'll go off plan a little.
    My new fitbit versa 3 arrives this morning too!
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

So sorry about the pain not letting up. The doctor must have had a reason not to bandage it up, right? I'm not a surgeon, so perhaps he/she had their reasons.

Steps 5/4: 20,723. Includes my Tuesday group running class. Also, still lots of rocking out to great music.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,499 Member
    Options
    @lmf1012
    With the exercise maybe you can set a goal of going once a week for now. Experiment with the different cardio machines and weights. Maybe you will find something you will like. Has someone showed you how to use the machines and weights?

@Tazaria87
    Great check in!

@roz0810
    Awesome loss! I am sorry as I didn’t see the request to move until today. Enjoy your time with your Mom!

@azkunk
    So glad your appoint is earlier. Tears can be very freeing. As for my leg, it was rough yesterday but I have been pushing myself with walking.

@TheresaM787
    Love all that green! You will get the water tomorrow!
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,499 Member
    Options
    Tuesday’s check in
    ✅Steps 5,977
    ✅Sleep
    ✅Walk

Busy day today. The doctor phoned me back so I am going in this morning about my blood pressure. I got up extra early as I can’t have coffee an hour before I go and I need that caffeine in the morning. I have physio this afternoon and I am going to walk there. I move physiotherapist to one that’s near me. It will be a challenging walk with my leg but we will see how it goes. I can always take an Uber home.

I am super proud of myself with the walking. I was talking to my daughter the other day and I was grumbling about the fact I am losing weight so slow. She said look to positives not related to the scale. So mine is I have increased my walking and steps.

What’s your NSV?

• lmf1012
    lmf1012 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    5/4 steps: 8,009

Went for a walk yesterday and met my daily step goal of 6,000 steps so that was good. I should really get myself back to the gym today though. Working out is like cleaning the house for me, I hate it. I dread it. I have no idea how to change that mindset.

@lindamtuck2018
    I do know how to use the various machines and have tried different ones. I wish I enjoyed exercising but I barely tolerate it lol. My current routine (when I go) is to warm up on the rowing machine (that is the cardio I hate the least!) then I move over to the dumbbell area and do four solid compound exercises (bent over rows, dead lifts, squats, overhead press). While not a complex or long routine, I find it challenges my body and gives me a good workout. Now I just need to make myself go on a regular basis!

@Poobah1972
    I really love reading your updates, your positive attitude is infectious!

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Thinking of you and wishing you a quick recovery!

@TheresaM787
    You're a fantastic motivator for our team, I look forward to seeing your posts every day. Thank you!
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 - you are doing so good with the steps and inspire me to push myself even when I am not feeling my best

@Poobah1972 - your home gym sounds like it’s really starting to come together. You will have to post some pictures when it’s all done.

@Bluetail6 - those steps ... wow 🤩

@roz0810 - nice loss! Enjoy your visit with your mom
  • Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    @lmf1012 - Thank you, I must admit i get a little excited from time to time... Today I would say I'm slightly subdued. lol It's a my pleasure to inspire though, so Thank you very much.

@azkunk - Absolutely, when it's all said and done, there will definitely be some home Gym pics! :smiley:

Unfortunately there is a large shelving unit, in the Room with all my fiance's keep sakes, that she is not in the mood to move again... But it's going to have to go at some point. I'm just waiting till she's more acceptable to the fact. eek. Cause it would seem weird to have an exercise room and a large shelving unit of random stuff in the exercise room no? 😆
  • TheresaM787
    TheresaM787 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    @roz0810
    Wowwww!!! Huge loss 🎉🎉 Have fun at your mom’s house

@Bluetail6
    Lee, that’s a phenomenal step count!! 👏👏 I love seeing those high step counts. I’m no where near that level, but one day I’ll get there.

@Poobah1972
    Another terrific walk!!! Love your commitment 🙌🙌 lots of new exercise equipment to enjoy.

@lindamtuck2018
    Way to go Linda 🥳🎉🎉 all ✅✅✅!! Your daughter is very smart, just like her momma, look at ALL of the measures of success (not just the scale): healthier foods, better portion control, more steps, better sleep.... Glad to hear you have an appointment.

@lmf1012
    Thank you!!! You’re too sweet 🤗. Not only did you meet your step goal, YOU CRUSHED IT 👏👏

@azkunk
    It’s a huge mind shift. Andrea, you’re doing wonderful. Day by day. Congratulations on rowing! That’s an intense workout 🤩
  • red1185
    red1185 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 steps:

5/1: 2870
    5/2: 3215
    5/3: 4504
    5/4: 9737
  • rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    My NSV is I hope to be a role model for my kids by working out and staying active instead of spending time on the couch. They are forced to eat the healthy dinners I make most nights to balance the junk they also eat.
This discussion has been closed.