• TheresaM787
    TheresaM787 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    @red1185
    Fantastic steps!!! You kept increasing every day 👏👏👏

@Poobah1972
    Love that! Yes 🙌 🙌 Incredible enthusiasm

My Non-Scale Victory
    I relied on my NSV list whenever the scale didn’t react the way I wanted it to.
    - Drinking seltzer- at least five cups a day, with a goal of 8 cups (when I began I didn’t drink water)
    - Eating more vegetables
    - Eating healthier
    - Finally exercising ( that used to be a bad word)
    - Going for walks or at least walking around the house more
    - Sleeping better (I used to have insomnia, going for several days at a time without any sleep)
    - Stopped (well reduced) late night snacking (devouring)
    - All of you! My support team, encouraging one another and celebrating each other’s successes 🤗
  • lmf1012
    lmf1012 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    azkunk wrote: »
    What’s your NSV?

Immediately, my answer inside my head was negative. My weight is up and I am feeling bad so it’s easy to go there. But when I started this journey one year ago, I hated exercise and allowed myself to think I didn’t need it. That has slowly changed and my New Year’s goal and the habit that I am most trying to improve by reading Atomic Habits is to become a person who exercises. I still don’t like it but I am longer fooling myself that I can be the person (healthy and fit) that I want to be without it. Though my steps have dropped off with the rower, I am still rowing even though it would be easy for me to say that I’m not feeling well and blowing it off. So, my NSV is a mind shift. I am not all the way there yet but I am getting there and I am far from where I started.

Thank you for this! Sometimes I feel like I am the only person on MFP that hates exercise, literally all forms of it. It drives me crazy to read articles or hear people say "find something you enjoy doing or love to do and it won't feel like exercise". There is nothing physical that I enjoy or love to do.

With that said... like you, I want to become a person who exercises. I know it is good for me and is needed to reach some of my ultimate goals.
  • iradi8
    iradi8 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    iradi8
    Tuesday
    PW: 195.3
    CW: 195.1
    LTD: 57.5 pounds (SW 252.6)

Sorry I'm late, @lindamtuck2018 .

I am happy with the .2 loss this week! It has been a very rough two weeks. We had to move all of our furniture and closet contents, remove blinds/curtains, etc. in three bedrooms, closets and bathroom for painting. We had all of the trim and doors in the house painted as well, so a lot of disruption. I couldn't even find my scale last week. Couldn't get to my kitchen during the day much.

Got takeout and fast food quite a bit, too. My daughter had oral surgery last Friday to get all four wisdom teeth out. She did well. She still has some swelling and bruising on her face. On Friday, she could only have liquids and things like jello, ice cream, smoothies, pudding, etc. Oh, my! That was so hard for me! We've been getting takeout because she has to have higher calorie soft foods this week.

I chose my foods very carefully these past two weeks. It has been so hard. My husband, as most of you know, is a big snacker especially at night. We have all kinds of "goodies" in the house, and boy oh boy, do I know that they are there!!! I've felt a bit aggravated this week with it all because he can eat whatever he wants and never gains a pound.

Even though I've had a lot of steps, I have not been on my treadmill doing the inclines in about a month!!! I was on the treadmill at least 5-6 days a week before my surgery on April 5. I couldn't get to it last week because we had to use that room for storage. No excuses now though. The room has been cleared out since yesterday.

I guess I should look at it like this. In the past, I would have been totally derailed and wouldn't have gotten back on track with all that has gone on this spring for me. I really have been almost the same weight for about a month. Now, I have to get back on track with my exercise and not eat those exercise calories back. That will get that scale moving down again!

As always, I am very thankful for everyone here! I have read all comments, and sorry that I haven't replied:)
  • TheresaM787
    Options
    @littleflutterby
    Happy (belated) Birthday Tanya 🥳
    Great choices of goals. I love what you wrote, “ I don't set a weight loss goal for the month, because I believe that my weight loss is just a positive consequence of doing the do things.” 🤗 that’s a beautiful and positive mindset. Thank you for sharing.
    ✅✅✅ on steps 👏👏👏👏
    So very encouraging NSVs! Glad you’re here 💐
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Daily Post May 4
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 95oz
    Steps 9048
    Exercise 45mins treadmill

Was a pretty boring normal day. Used the treadmill again for steps in the evening. Today I got my second Covid shot so not sure how I'll feel later.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,308 Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Hello my lovelies!!!

Sorry for the delayed post- I kept saying every night "I'll get to it!" and then of course, I didn't, heehee.

So I'll do this over a couple of posts to keep myself on track!

Hi! I'm Tanya, I am a 33 year old Brit living in Toronto, Canada! I live with my lovely wife and my 3 kitties.

I have had weight issues all my life- starting from disordered eating as a child/teen, and then falling into food addiction in my later teen years. I have yo-yoed for many years. In 2011, I used a weight loss group to go down from 315lb to 175. I was addicted to the accolades and the attention. However, once I got to my target weight, all that stuff stopped, and I went right back to my food addiction. At my highest weight, I was about 375lb and miserable.

Anyway, I found recovery for my food addiction, and I knew I needed extra accountability, and that's when this group came in! I joined f2f in November of 2020 and so far I am down approx 80lb (just under, due to this week, but that's another post lol). I am so grateful for the Downsizers (and a brief stint for the last couple of months in another group). I have had some health problems since December, which meant time off work, a lot of time not moving around, and my weight loss slowing down. I am grateful to have you guys here for accountability, and a place to feel safe enough to share my stuff!

I am so so so happy to be back with Downsizers, thankyou everyone for the kind welcome back, I am very fortunate to have you guys! Especially Linda and Megan, 2 amazing women who do so much service in this group, who kept in touch regularly and made me feel really loved!

So that's me in a nutshell, I can't wait to get to know everyone better, especially all the newbies. Stick around, ask questions, let us get to know you! This is an amazing group and we are all here for each other- through the good, bad, and the ugly!

Tx

Megan is a happy camper now that you are back with us ..Do not leave us again missy LOL LOL
    Happy Belated Birthday Tanya :):):):)
  • rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    @Beautyofdreams i just read your story. Wow, you are inspiring in so many ways!!! Glad you have bug plans to enjoy life when this pandemic eases
  • Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    azkunk wrote: »
    To continue my crazy week, today, I was offered a promotion to Director of Quality Improvement at my hospital. I knew my boss was moving on in June and I literally had a 30 minute conversation about possibly taking the role as an interim position when he left. I don’t even need to go out and buy mid-weight loss interview clothes.

So Congratulations! :smiley:
  • TheresaM787
    Options
    @Tazaria87
    Fantastic day today! Look at all those ✅ Nice going Ashley!! Glad to hear that you had your second dose today.

@azkunk
    Congratulations Andrea!!! That’s amazing 🤩 what a great way to find the day 🥳
  • TheresaM787
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

1. Peloton- 45 minutes and 12 miles, moderate effort ✅
    2. Afternoon walk- 2 miles, total daily steps 7,200 ✅ (wanted to get 8,000- so close, need to plan better🤔)
    3. Drink 8 cups of water ❌ (only seven cups- felt like I was going to float away 😆)
    4. Stay within calorie budget (track everything that I eat and drink) ✅

Tomorrow I need to meal plan for next week. My husband isn’t a fan of grilled chicken breast/tenders. He’d rather have deep fried Buffalo chicken (not baked/air fried). It’s getting harder to make one meal that the whole family can eat (and will want to eat). He likes just a few things and not one of them are low calorie: burgers (chuck/ not lean beef) with fries and onion rings, Buffalo chicken tenders, calzones and mozzarella sticks, those are his big 3. On the flip side, the kids will eat almost anything. Tomorrow I need to research some ideas that he’ll happily eat. If anyone has a magic wand that I may borrow (to alter his mindset), please let me know. 🤦🏻‍♀️😆😇
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,502 Member
    Options
    @azkunk
    It is so easy to go for the negative thoughts. I have found I really have to push myself to think positive. It is so great to remind ourselves on the other stuff we have accomplished beside weight loss. You have come so far this year with your exercises. Fitting walks in and now rowing. Great determination. Congrats on the job promotion.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @rwood566
    Well done on the Applebee’s meal. I have always read when going to a restaurant to ask fora takeaway when they bring your meal. That way you can split the meal before you start eating. Note I said read, I need to but that in to practice if we are ever able to eat in a restaurant again.

@rlaskey2
    You are setting an example for your kids. Those wonderful meals you make is showing them both love and a healthy example.

• lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @TheresaM787
    I think I am going to make a list and post it where I can see it all the time. Your NSVs are great and an awesome reminder the scale is not the only measurement of success. I don’t envy you meal planning for an entire family. It is hard enough with just me and the old fella.

@iradi8
    Nice loss! You did great in spite of a crazy week. Hopefully things settle down and you can get totally back on plan.

@littleflutterby
    First of all, Happy yesterday birthday! I am so glad you are back. Never apologize about gaining weight especially birthday pounds as they don’t count. Seriously though, they will be gone in a week. I like the idea of future NSV’s. It is funny you mentioned painting your nails, I always had to get hubby to do mine but now I can. Keep with your program and you will soon be making a new list as your existing list will be done.

I apologize if I didn’t respond to everyone’s post. I read everyone and you are all working hard at this crazy journey we are on. Thanks everyone as your support means the world to me. ❤️

• my_monkey_my_circus
    my_monkey_my_circus Posts: 14 Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Username: @my_monkey_my_circus
    Weigh In Day: Saturday
    PW (Previous Weight): 322.9
    CW (Current Weight): 322.5

Step count goal: 7500

My day today:
  • my_monkey_my_circus
    my_monkey_my_circus Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me @my_monkey_my_circus as a friend and I will add you as a friend back. I’m here to support you and want support as well. Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.