Downsizers - May 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,612 Member
    Options
    tomcat2019 wrote: »
    Hello! Joined a day late but better late than never ;) I'm a 49 year old female, married with 3 kids. I used to be really active but have become more sedentary over the past 5 years since I've taken a FT job that involves me sitting on my butt. So ready to commit to being healthier!

My goals:
    Track all my food
    Stay within my calorie range (<1500)
    Drink a minimum of 64 ounces of water
    Reduce alcohol intake (it's been one big party since lockdown!)
    Exercise 4-5 days/week

SW: 278
    Height: 5'9"
    GW for May: 260
    GW for December: 190
    Ultimate GW: 165

Looking forward to checking in and getting to know you all!
    Ally

Welcome to our amazing team :)
  • TheresaM787
    TheresaM787 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    5/1
    Peloton 30 minutes, 8 miles
    Steps 10,200

Sorry about that. I thought I posted it yesterday 🤦🏻‍♀️
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    @tomcat2019 welcome to the team. you'll enjoy it here.

congrats to the whole team for helping us come in 2nd overall. everyone did a great job.

@Tazaria87 another great day for you. congrats. i'm the same with my workout clothes. i've had to replace my original ones since i'm 4 sizes smaller, 7x to 3x. i could almost tie my shoes with my hanging draw strings. lol

@lindamtuck2018 way to go on the sleep. it's starting to look like you may have turned the corner on that problem (knock on me).
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    4vdowa29voa2.png
  • TheresaM787
    Options
    @tomcat2019 Welcome!!!! Glad you’re here 🤩 Love your goals. Reducing my alcohol cut my calories waaaayyy down. Before I started here. I had no idea drinks were that high in calories.

@Tazaria87
    Congratulations on all ✅ from Saturday and going down two pant sizes! 🥳🎉🎉

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    I’m so sorry that you’ve been in so much pain. Can they give you a different pain medication? Hopefully the pain will lessen today.
  • rwood566
    Options
    welcome to all the new people. my name is roger. i'm 56, married for 33 years and have a 32 year old daughter who still lives with us. i was thin until i was in the navy and got hurt. then i started gaining and kept gaining. they kicked me out after 12 1/2 years because of it and i still kept gaining. i became house-bound in 2017 and i got home based care in march 2019. my weight was 566 lbs on march 20 when my nutritionist came the first time. with a lot of work and mental beatings from several people i have been losing since then. i was recently discharged from the home based care because i am able to get to the doctors on my own. i currently weigh 326 meaning a 240 lb loss in 25 months. i try to walk 3-4 miles 5 times a week and want to stay under 1800 calories, even though MFP gives me 2069. i log my exercise but don't want to include that in my calorie count. i have looked into weight loss surgery and have completed most of the pre-op testing, surprisingly with great results. i won't commit to get it because i am still losing consistantly. i also want to get skin removal surgery but i need to lose a lot more before i can get it. i try not to make goals because i have a history of panicking over them and that would lead to eating a lot more. i've been consistantly losing 10-11 lbs a month since october 2019.
  • TheresaM787
    Options
    Today’s goals - modified because my incredible parents are here for the weekend

Instead of peloton- do floor workouts before anyone wakes up
    Instead of going for a walk- walk up and down the stairs whenever my kids are playing with my parents. Try to get in 5,000 steps.
    Drink 8 cups of water
    Try to limit beer to two bottles
    Try to stay as close to calorie budget as possible - so hard, my mom is an amazing cook, and nothing is low calorie or even a smidge healthy
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Username : azkunk
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    PW:176.9
    CW: 177
    LTD: 30

This month marks the one year mark from starting my current weight loss journey. My goal was to lose 50lbs by my 50th birthday which is May 14th. I am definitely proud of the progress that I made but I have been feeling very down lately and defeated. I have been stalled for a while now and April resulted in a net gain. I feel lie I have lost my mojo. I think part of it is due to the issues with my parathyroid and I can't wait to see the endocrinologist om 5/19 but I know there will be more tests like a bone scan and imaging of my parathyroid. So, there will be no quick answers. I just wish that I could get the tests done before the appointment so that we can actually discuss the results instead of have to delay things further.

My goals for this week are simple and back to the basics ...
    1. Post here everyday
    2. Log everything
    3. Row 5x/wk
    4. Drink 90oz/day

Sorry that I haven't been very active here lately. I have been in a real funk.

@littleflutterby - so happy that you are back

@TheresaM787 - congrats on making goal and thank you for stepping up to be out motivator

@Megan_smartiepants1970 - I am glad that you finally had the surgery and I hope the pain is getting better. Thank you for still being so dedicated to our team <3

@lindamtuck2018 - as always, you are greatly appreciated <3
  • TheresaM787
    Options
    @rwood566
    Congratulations Roger on losing consistently 🎉you’ve been smashing it!! Oh my goodness, I’m the exact opposite 😆 I exercise to increase my calorie budget. I want every last calorie available.
    Roger, what advice do you have for our newbies?
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    @tomcat2019 Welcome!!!! Glad you’re here 🤩 Love your goals. Reducing my alcohol cut my calories waaaayyy down. Before I started here. I had no idea drinks were that high in calories.

@Tazaria87
    Congratulations on all ✅ from Saturday and going down two pant sizes! 🥳🎉🎉

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    I’m so sorry that you’ve been in so much pain. Can they give you a different pain medication? Hopefully the pain will lessen today.

Thanks Theresa .... It burns and feels like I got punched by the entire team of a football team .... I am on Norco which knocks me out ... I see my surgeon tomorrow so hopefully the drain comes out
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    azkunk wrote: »
    Username : azkunk
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    PW:176.9
    CW: 177
    LTD: 30

This month marks the one year mark from starting my current weight loss journey. My goal was to lose 50lbs by my 50th birthday which is May 14th. I am definitely proud of the progress that I made but I have been feeling very down lately and defeated. I have been stalled for a while now and April resulted in a net gain. I feel lie I have lost my mojo. I think part of it is due to the issues with my parathyroid and I can't wait to see the endocrinologist om 5/19 but I know there will be more tests like a bone scan and imaging of my parathyroid. So, there will be no quick answers. I just wish that I could get the tests done before the appointment so that we can actually discuss the results instead of have to delay things further.

My goals for this week are simple and back to the basics ...
    1. Post here everyday
    2. Log everything
    3. Row 5x/wk
    4. Drink 90oz/day

Sorry that I haven't been very active here lately. I have been in a real funk.

@littleflutterby - so happy that you are back

@TheresaM787 - congrats on making goal and thank you for stepping up to be out motivator

@Megan_smartiepants1970 - I am glad that you finally had the surgery and I hope the pain is getting better. Thank you for still being so dedicated to our team <3

@lindamtuck2018 - as always, you are greatly appreciated <3

Thank you so much Andrea ....pain is not getting better but I am managing the best I can ...You are so welcome <3<3
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Just a reminder I will be zeroing out the steps that I am missing by tomorrow ... Please post your steps so I can post the winners ...Thank you very much :)
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    Just a few quick thoughts.

@poobah24
    Great day with your walking and numbers. I don’t know a lot about keto but sounds like you are burning that fat.

@Tazaria87
    Nice day with your family. I always love your introduction.

@tomcat2019
    Welcome!

@Beautyofdreams
    Nice loss! You have accomplished so much in spite of everything that has been sent your way.

@rwood566
    I want skin removal surgery also. It is not covered here so it will be $$$.

@TheresaM787
    Great goals! Just for our new members this inspiring lady hit goal last month.

@azkunk
    Waiting for answers to a medical problem is so frustrating and is definitely defeating. Hang in there. You have come so far on your journey and you will get your groove back. Your weight loss to date is a n amazing accomplishment. ❤️

• rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    @rwood566
    Snacking at night is one of my biggest downfalls. I have a planned snack around 7:30 every night but it’s those snacks that I am eating when I can’t sleep. Maybe we can tackle this one together this week. Great job on the exercise yesterday!

@iradi8
    Nice steps!

@rlaskey2
    Did you get to roller skate? That would be awesome exercise.

@TheresaM787
    Enjoy your time with your Mom! Sounds like she bought some delicious food. I am drooling. You have made a great plan for the next few days.

OMG, no that would be a site to see. I am a huge klutz!
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 - below are my sad steps for the week

bkfautp8md1n.jpeg
  • TheresaM787
    Options
    Today’s goals - modified because my incredible parents are here for the weekend

Instead of peloton- do floor workouts before anyone wakes up
    Instead of going for a walk- walk up and down the stairs whenever my kids are playing with my parents. Try to get in 5,000 steps.
    Drink 8 cups of water
    Try to limit beer to two bottles
    Try to stay as close to calorie budget as possible - so hard, my mom is an amazing cook, and nothing is low calorie or even a smidge healthy
    5/2 Sunday
    ✅ floor exercises
    ✅ 6,100 steps @Megan_smartiepants1970
    ✅ 8 cups of seltzer
    ✅ two beers
    ✅ went over my calorie budget by close to 300 calories (not sure actually, guessing the overage - should have checked first)

It’s almost 1:00AM, stayed up chatting with my dad 💕 definitely will not be getting enough sleep tonight, that’s ok though. I’ll go to bed on time tomorrow, well today.

I hope everyone had a terrific Sunday!
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,907 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Looking for my last post with steps. Will post them forthwith!! Sorry😉
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,907 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

4/23: 3636 I think you already have this one.
    4/24: 4895
    4/25: 2559
    4/26: 13,127
    4/27: 4868
    4/28: 2956
    4/29: 10,060
    4/30: 2224
    5/1: 15,833
    5/2: 12,683 so far. Just go with that number, so you have my up-to-date steps. Lee
  • rwood566
    Options
    @azkunk i know how it is with all of the medical waiting. it's extremely frustrating. i hope you can get some answers on your appointment. i'm having to start from scratch on trying to get my light headedness checked out. happy anniversary and you've done very nice loss so far. it'll come off in time.

@Megan_smartiepants1970 your sad steps are still better than mine. way to go.

@theresaM787 Grats on having your parents over. that's always special. good job getting your exercise and steps in.

in my bio i forgot to mention i live in san diego.

check-in for 5/2:
    steps - 3020. didn't do much, just a quick trip to the store. it's been cold, cloudy and smelling of rain all day so i was hesitant to go out.

calories - well under 1800. i had some stove top popcorn for dessert. seasoned with red pepper flakes in the oil.

exercise - none.

don't sweat the small stuff. bounces happen. work your plan and it'll come back down. don't beat yourselves up emotionally.
This discussion has been closed.