Share Your Day

Replies

• Went to the store today, and now I have a fair amount of precooking to do but I HURT. It's raining and I had to do a lot of walking around since Aldi's decided to restock Thursday morning at 9 am, and I kept having to go the long way round.

I'm also now sleeping in bunion splints, which is probably going to be good down the road but which is having some downstream effects on my feet and is resulting in greater foot soreness day to day. Thanks so much for that legacy, Dad. (sigh)

So a nap after pain meds is in order today, and I'll start the precooking (lamb meatballs and a meatloaf) later when I can handle the standing up.

Pasta for dinner, which means Boyfriend will have his sauce and meat on pan-seared zucchini chunks,

• NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Athijade wrote: »
    @NovusDies I sent a FR.

A Zoom sounds interesting. I would love to attend, but it would depend on day/time and how my anxiety is.

I imagine it would be on a Saturday morning EST but I am open to suggestions assuming I can fit it in my week. If it helps, you do not have to attend with your video on but regardless if you attend and feel you need to exit at any time you should feel free to do so. No pressure.
  • NovusDies
    dcshima wrote: »
    LL Zoom would be fun to get together virtually. I know there are lurkers out there, so even if you just want to listen, come join the party!
    May want to do separate thread on it?
    Sending FR now 🙂

I will as soon as I have narrowed down the "when". Right now I am just gauging interest. If it goes over well we may want to try to do one every 3 months or so. That would be pretty awesome.

For anyone who is reading this unsure of motivation, there will be absolutely nothing for sale and attendance is free. This is a get-together to chat, share ideas, and stories. Also there will be no cat gifs.
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    I would like to do a zoom meeting but not sure of having a computer available on a Saturday morning as my daughter uses it to tutor on Sat. morning!...I don’t know if I can zoom on the other one....I will check with her tonight ....I think it’s a great idea!....the only drawback is I would have to fix my hair and put make up on lol....oh, and get dressed out of p.j.s....

Anyway, so far today has been a good one....went to the pool early and had a brutal workout....came home and fixed lunch, folded 4 loads of laundry, got the recycle bin and garbage cans in, changed the sheets and took the dog out...the fun just never ends around here!...
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,546 Member
    ....I think it’s a great idea!....the only drawback is I would have to fix my hair and put make up on lol....oh, and get dressed out of p.j.s.....

And that sounds like so much fun! I haven't felt the need to "dress up" for ??? just over a year now! Woohoo! We should make it a formal!

• speyerj
    speyerj Posts: 1,369 Member
    Sent you a friend request. I'd note that I sent you one about a year ago. :smile:
  • NovusDies
    speyerj wrote: »
    Sent you a friend request. I'd note that I sent you one about a year ago. :smile:

lol, that sounds about right.

I will gladly accept any LL member but you have to alert me. Also, you should be aware that I may see that newsfeed once every 6 months or so and usually it is an accidental scrolling.
  • speyerj
    Thanks Novus! Looking forward to the group chat. I hope the newlywed @bmeadows380 comes! Want to hear all about the wedding!
  • speyerj
    Hooray for Poobah! So tell us, which has been harder, quitting smoking or losing 71 pounds?
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Losing weight is hard....being overweight is hard....choose your hard!
  • resina
    resina Posts: 17 Member
    Well done Poobah!! Saving extra money on those smokes will contribute to buying your weight training equipment. That's a great benefit. :)
  • Janatki
    Janatki Posts: 730 Member
    edited May 2021
    @Poobah1972
    Just wanted you all to know, I'm down 71 pounds as of this morning (3.9 more pounds since last Monday)......I quite smoking 9 days ago.......

Fabulous Poobah... quitting smoking too - all around winning!

• Janatki

Drama on my usual, but muddy, wet walk yesterday.....I came face to face with a beautiful doe; the dog nearly had a heart attack, but she came to heal immediately. ( Best thing about working cockers - fab recall!)
    The doe was not fazed; we spent what seemed like an eternity looking at one another..... me in shock! Then around a few more muddy squelches & puddles, the dog came across two expiring baby birds, perhaps fallen or blown out of their nest. I hoped against hope that their mum or dad was nearby & going to come to their rescue! The dog was, again, very good; came to heel straight away..... Left feeling nature in all it’s drama; breathtaking beauty and heartfelt sadness.
    So not a usual walk at all! And with all the stops, only got just under 5,000 steps in and muddy boots to boot!
    Wonder, if anything, what today brings? A bit of sun please and less drama!
    Have a good ‘un whatever you are doing 🙂
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,546 Member
    Janatki wrote: »
    Drama on my usual, but muddy, wet walk yesterday.....I came face to face with a beautiful doe; the dog nearly had a heart attack, but she came to heal immediately. ( Best thing about working cockers - fab recall!)
    The doe was not fazed; we spent what seemed like an eternity looking at one another..... me in shock! Then around a few more muddy squelches & puddles, the dog came across two expiring baby birds, perhaps fallen or blown out of their nest. I hoped against hope that their mum or dad was nearby & going to come to their rescue! The dog was, again, very good; came to heel straight away..... Left feeling nature in all it’s drama; breathtaking beauty and heartfelt sadness.
    So not a usual walk at all! And with all the stops, only got just under 5,000 steps in and muddy boots to boot!
    Wonder, if anything, what today brings? A bit of sun please and less drama!
    Have a good ‘un whatever you are doing 🙂

So good that you are out and about now! Hope your walk today is full of sunshine and peace.
  • Janatki
    So good that you are out and about now! Hope your walk today is full of sunshine and peace.

No drama today ....also nice & dry! You’re so right, Does feel great being out & about, even if only managing a few thousand steps!