Shrinking Assets - May 2021 Team Chat

Replies

• Be_theBest_Me
    Be_theBest_Me Posts: 768 Member
    Today is knee surgery day for me. If everyone could send me positive vibes I'd appreciate it!

Woo woo you will have a speedy recovery and feel better than ever!!!
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    60 minutes on the elliptical done
    I am a morning person, much prefer to exercise in the morning and get it out of the way
  • FrecklePatch
    FrecklePatch Posts: 71 Member
    I have been struggling with munching after I'm finished logging. I'm telling on myself.

I'm making a commitment to close the kitchen when I close my diary.
  • ExerciseExtraFries
    ExerciseExtraFries Posts: 114 Member
    Hi, again! I figured it re-introduce myself on the correct forum. My name is Christina, I am a stay at home mom of two kids. I have a 5 year old son and a 2 year old daughter. I live in Alberta, Canada and I am learning to garden!

STATS
    Height: 5'2"
    Highest weight: 260lb
    Current weight: 257.8lb
    Goal Weight: Curvy and happy @ ~150lb

May Goals:
    Increase water intake to 8 cups/day
    maintain consistency with working out
    stay within calorie budget each day
  • socajam
    Hi, again! I figured it re-introduce myself on the correct forum. My name is Christina, I am a stay at home mom of two kids. I have a 5 year old son and a 2 year old daughter. I live in Alberta, Canada and I am learning to garden!

STATS
    Height: 5'2"
    Highest weight: 260lb
    Current weight: 257.8lb
    Goal Weight: Curvy and happy @ ~150lb

May Goals:
    Increase water intake to 8 cups/day
    maintain consistency with working out
    stay within calorie budget each day

Like you I really need to maintain my consistency with working out. If I could do that 75% of my weight battle will be won
    For water I keep a large container on the kitchen counter so that the water is at room temperature all the time - especially in the mornings when I need to take my medication - I find this helps
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Where is the May Habit Tracker?
    Where is the May Habit Tracker?

Go to the top of this post where it says FAT2FIT WEIGHT LOSS CHALLENGE AND SUPPORT GROUP; it will take you to the main page, look for the May Habit Tracker Announcement, click on it & it will take you to the link for the tracker

Here is the link to the habit tracker:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oyo0zy8liZ9FyFLWYgGfsd4A27bgRnsToFNuw6hB5Ps/edit#gid=883245409
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Today is knee surgery day for me. If everyone could send me positive vibes I'd appreciate it!

You will do well!!! Sending all the great vibes your way!!!
  • imgwendolyn2015
    imgwendolyn2015 Posts: 348 Member
    Thanks all! Let the healing begin!
  • ExerciseExtraFries
    ExerciseExtraFries Posts: 114 Member
    @imgwendolyn2015 Sending you good healing vibes!!
  • junedave3
    junedave3 Posts: 36 Member

sending vibes hope it goes well xx
  • hipari
    hipari Posts: 1,367 Member
    @imgwendolyn2015 sending good vibes your way!
  • hannahel2021
    hannahel2021 Posts: 8 Member
    Hello all!

I'm a day late for weighing in for last week, so I'll post it here.

PW.184.6
    CW: 184

My name is Hannah and I'm 37 years old, a PhD student, mother to a 2 year old ball of energy, and currently living in Northern California. My heighest weight ever was 214 during the pandemic and I have now officially lost 30 pounds since November! My goal weight is around 140-145, height 5'2". Unlike previous diets which I was always destined to fail on, I have given up on the BMI which is just frankly unrealistic for me as a big boned person and I will be happy even if I am slightly in their overweight category.

My weight loss has really slowed down the last couple weeks. After being sick for a couple days I just kind of went off the rails. I'm slowly getting back on it and my goal for June 1st is to get back to 2lb weight loss a week, so down to 176lb. Just trying to keep going even when it feels like a bit of a slog. Other goals for May:

2L water a day
    Dance exercised 3x a week
    Increase strength training to 2x a week
    Going outside at least every other day.

Hipari, when I was pregnant my doctor also terrified me about high blood pressure. I checked it again at another doctors' and at home, and got normal readings every time. I'm convinced that my doctors' machine was faulty (they were using a very old fashioned mechanical one). Hopefully it is the same for you!
  • socajam
    Hello all!

I'm a day late for weighing in for last week, so I'll post it here.

PW.184.6
    CW: 184

My name is Hannah and I'm 37 years old, a PhD student, mother to a 2 year old ball of energy, and currently living in Northern California. My heighest weight ever was 214 during the pandemic and I have now officially lost 30 pounds since November! My goal weight is around 140-145, height 5'2". Unlike previous diets which I was always destined to fail on, I have given up on the BMI which is just frankly unrealistic for me as a big boned person and I will be happy even if I am slightly in their overweight category.

My weight loss has really slowed down the last couple weeks. After being sick for a couple days I just kind of went off the rails. I'm slowly getting back on it and my goal for June 1st is to get back to 2lb weight loss a week, so down to 176lb. Just trying to keep going even when it feels like a bit of a slog. Other goals for May:

2L water a day
    Dance exercised 3x a week
    Increase strength training to 2x a week
    Going outside at least every other day.

Hipari, when I was pregnant my doctor also terrified me about high blood pressure. I checked it again at another doctors' and at home, and got normal readings every time. I'm convinced that my doctors' machine was faulty (they were using a very old fashioned mechanical one). Hopefully it is the same for you!

Welcome and congratulations on losing 30lbs since November, that is wonderful and dedication indeed

I would like to lose 30lbs, lost 24lb a couple of years ago and then did not do maintenance properly and now I am back here
  • socajam
    Beka3695 wrote: »

You will do well!!! Sending all the great vibes your way!!!

Think positive and be positive

• bigblues11
    bigblues11 Posts: 203 Member
    Hello!

I'm Jen, 51 yrs old, three amazing adult children, three adorable grand babies that I care for most days and work in the medical field on evening shift. I have two silly rescued pit bulls and volunteer with several rescues in the area. I love all animals and nature. My kids call me a hippy dippy lol. I live on the coast in Virginia and love gardening, running, biking, lifting weights and yoga. And of course being on/in the water:) I also managed a latin dance studio for several years so love Salsa and Bachata!

Looking forward to making this journey with you all! I started in October 2019 at 224 pounds and am down to 153 as of now, with 15ish pound to go.

Let's rock this month out!
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,262 Member
    Wednesday weigh in:
    PW: 151.8
    CW: 151.0
  • hipari
    hipari Posts: 1,367 Member

Thanks! I’ve had slightly elevated blood pressure my whole adulthood, last week I bought a machine and I’m definitely getting better readings at home. The nurse called today, I need to take a reading after a 15-minute rest on 3 days, and she’ll call me next Tuesday to get the results and will send me to a doctor if they’re still too high. I also have to go to the clinic to get a pee sample tested before the call. Apparently I might have to go on blood pressure medication during pregnancy if it’s still too high and I really don’t want that, but I’d still rather get medication than pregnancy complications. I’m really annoyed by all this and wish things went smoother, but at least I’m receiving top-notch healthcare with regular check-ups and treatment for free.

On a positive note: I had a lunch date with a friend, and after work I had a dinner&manicure date with another friend, so now my nails are done, I got yummy restaurant food and got to see some friends I haven’t seen in months. They also managed to calm me about the blood pressure issue :)
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Good Morning everyone! Life is finally beginning to calm down and I am so ready for that.
    For those of you they are new. I work a full time job as a Supervisor and a part time job as a Pharm Tech. Life has def been crazy this last yr with Covid for both jobs. Goal this week is WATER!! I bought 2 special cups (one for each job) to drink more water. :) Happy Thursday!
  • socajam
    boehle wrote: »
    Good Morning everyone! Life is finally beginning to calm down and I am so ready for that.
    For those of you they are new. I work a full time job as a Supervisor and a part time job as a Pharm Tech. Life has def been crazy this last yr with Covid for both jobs. Goal this week is WATER!! I bought 2 special cups (one for each job) to drink more water. :) Happy Thursday!

Good Morning

I keep a water jug on my kitchen counter so that my water is room temperature, otherwise I find it really hard to drink
    I had a good day yesterday - as it was a beautiful day, I walked for over 4 miles and then did 60 miles on the elliptical
    I plan on doing the same today if I find the energy by this afternoon
  • KittyInBoots17
    KittyInBoots17 Posts: 213 Member
    edited May 2021
    Sorry I am a day late.

Weigh In Wednesday

KittyInBoots17:
    PW: 235.4
    CW: 235.6

I'm hovering around this weight but it's ok. Hope to have a pound loss or so soon.

This discussion has been closed.